A rant for today

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

This is a general pvp rant NOT just skyhammer.

This to me is the lack of respect the devs have for the community. How can they allow something that is this hated to continue?(Skyhammer) this map alone was the reason some of my friends stop playing pvp ( unfortunately true ) and many others from what I read in the skyhammer forum .

A single answer to why this map is still here would be nice. The lack of care to the pvp community can only last so much. I payed for this game( and gems) to have fun but every time I see skyhammer the fun goes away which is kinda sad in a game.

You also say you listen to the community I don’t really see that, people have been asking for GVG since launch heck since beta (I was one) and nothing till this day, Bank and trader in HOTM and nothing, 2v2 and 3v3 and nothing, A new game mode and nothing, yes you giving some stuff to us(nothing compare to pve) BUT is not what the majority of people have been asking for. yet every feature patch which is I believe once or twice a year(which are way too few) you go and give us something that’s not near of what we need. Also playing against broken classes for 6 months is not fun AT ALL either.

If you guys respect us a bit at least give an answer to why skyhammer is still a thing? Well there’s my rant sorry I just had to get it out of my chest. sorry if my English is not good it’s my second language.

(edited by Exile.8160)

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

ANet has said the majority of people like sky hammer. The forums just flame it.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

I agree with you… But “unforchantly” made me spit my coffee.

A rant for today

in PvP

Exile.8160

I agree with you… But “unforchantly” made me spit my coffee.

lol fix. sorry

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

This. Most people I talk to in-game actually like Sky Hammer (or at least don’t hate it as much). Its always fun to fight for control of the hammer and then smite enemies XD

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

A rant for today

in PvP

Exile.8160

Well yeah there is a minority of people that actually like the map, but the majority of them really hate it and they are being force to play it in soloq, that’s not fun for them. I’m not saying remove it but just leave it in hotjoin where people have the option to play it or not.

Another solution could be that when people get skyhammer have the option to leave the que and have someone else that’s que up take that stop. The amount of 4v5 and 3v5 is huge in that map because so many people are being force to play and not have a choice.

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

Well yeah there is a minority of people that actually like the map, but the majority of them really hate it and they are being force to play it in soloq, that’s not fun for them. I’m not saying remove it but just leave it in hotjoin where people have the option to play it or not.

Another solution could be that when people get skyhammer have the option to leave the que and have someone else that’s que up take that stop. The amount of 4v5 and 3v5 is huge in that map because so many people are being force to play and not have a choice.

Again, I honestly don’t see the majority of players hating Sky Hammer in the soloq. That doesn’t mean that its not happening, but I really don’t think the hate is anywhere near as bad as it is on the forums.

Instead of getting rid of this map that actually can be pretty fun, maybe ANet could just tweak the map a bit. Putting up a few more walls would make a lot of players happy.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Eastcorn.5901

Eastcorn.5901

Wouldn’t a lot of people who really hated skyhammer now queue alone in team arena, as various threads suggest?

It seems to be like a lot of the veteran pvp players in solo arena would indeed like skyhammer, otherwise they would have switched to team arena a while ago like most of us.

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: cottage.3274

cottage.3274

the thing is with skyhammer is that the map was from day one and still to this day broken!
so if more ppl like or hate it doesn’t mean anything because of inherent design faults in the map.
and if something is broken you fix it and not let it stay in the game as is its simple as that.
i actually kinda like the map or at least the idea of it but as it is now its unplayable.
and any dev who wants a clear cut evidence of how f up this map can be i`ll drop a ice bucket challenge here: come with me to the map and get me off the cannon when im on my terrormancer play any profession any build any weapon w/e you want you can also 2v1 me if you want.
and terrormancer is just one of the builds that can troll on this map with ezzz.
the dev said they are going to fix some things in the map a long time ago and didnt so why is something that is known to need fix`s is in the game like that for so long? thats what i want to ask essentially

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My only complaint about Skyhammer is that the cannon blast should be dodgable. (Or alternatively, its blast radius should be reduced.) It is far too overpowered as it is.

Everything else about the map is a refreshing change. It teaches you to be more aware of positioning and puts greater emphasis on blocks, stability and reading enemy tells to avoid lethal pulls/pushes.

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I greatly enjoy this map. The only aspect of it that frustrates me are stealth pulls. Literally everything else can be avoided through careful positioning, well timed dodges, and knowing when to pop stability.

I’ve even managed to beat bomb engineers in the control room before because they focused too much on trying to knock me off and not enough on actually fighting.

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Don’t know about that. Most people in my guild who don’t even go on social media outlets dislike skyhammer and wouldn’t play it if they could. Just its apart of skyhammer so no choice. Some of them “capture a point then afk”.

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I actually don’t mind Skyhammer anymore. I’d rather not play it, but when it does come up, it’s not the end of the world.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I dunno I personally hate Skyhammer and I have hated it since I first played it. I wish they’d remove it from arenas.

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

This. Most people I talk to in-game actually like Sky Hammer (or at least don’t hate it as much). Its always fun to fight for control of the hammer and then smite enemies XD

Nearly every time I play the map a few people complain about it. It is annoying to have to change servers when it pops in hotjoin, and not be able to do solo queue because of skyhammer.

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I’m coping by playing a spec I’m unfamiliar with whenever I get Skyhammer in soloQ.

Instead of raging on my mains, I’ll try and be productive to be a better overall gamer.

also, see sig

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Another thought occurred to me recently as well.

A lot of this feature patch is aimed towards making the game more user-friendly for new players. IE removing downed state til lvl 5, and giving them a clear sense of direction in leveling.

I’ve seen quite a new players from my past guilds join PvP. I’ve also watched the forums the last several years. PvP is EXTREMELY hard to get into for a new player. So many mechanics with all the classes and conquest that you must understand. It must be kittening jarring for a new player to play Skyhammer against a decap spec when they’re trying to learn the game. A lot of new players soloQ too. I can only imagine their frustrations…

I’m trying not to be biased with my personal opinions of Skyhammer, but I’m willing to bet this single map has made a few players just quit sPvP all together or even the game.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

(edited by Xista.7391)

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Zosek.3658

Zosek.3658

Ave!

I’m zosek and i dont really post on this forums that often. Never actually responded to one of the skyhammer rant threads untill today. But here it goes. This is my proposal, what to do with skyhammer.

Remember beta testing? We had that pop up text boxes with qeustions that asked us how we liked the combat, dynamic events and other stuff. Well, most of you do. And as someone in this thread said anet is ensuring that most people that play skyhammer like it. So why not make one of those text boxes in pvp. It should be one time thing, so you couldnt just spam your answer and also rank limited, so pve players are not eligable to enter. Why no pve players? Because pvp players dont have good realtionship with them and skyhammer is not pve thing. Also, i feel that pve players dont really care about pvp and they could “ruin” the statistics.

I think this should give us final answer on where the community stands. If the majority doesnt like the map, delete it, make some changes, just dont let it be there. If the majority likes it, well, the forum rants will continue but anet will have evidence that they can use everytime someone is hating the map.

In my opinion this is the best way to resolve the issue, ofcourse if they (anet) doesnt have something more imporatant to do.

(edited by Zosek.3658)

A rant for today

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld