A request from an 8 year guildwars veteran.

in PvP

Posted by: High.7231

High.7231

I know posts like these are probably a dime a dozen, I will do my best to keep this one interesting.

I played have played guildwars as well as guildwars 2 since beta and I’m sure I am not alone in asking for abit more in the PVP department. If I didn’t know better I would accuse arenanet as a company of throwing not only the pvp community, but the PVP devs as well in favor of the young and ‘eager to use their mothers credit cards at the gem store’ PVE community. I have talked to MANY of my old friends who enjoyed guildwars 1 and there is a unanimous idea that they would all pay $100+ for an expansion that included the addition of some guildwars1 classes along with…you know, the whole idea behind the entire f***ing game… GVG. The omission of GvG and Heroes Ascent in guildwars 2 is pretty embarrassing, plus replacing it with a 5v5 cap point that rotates around some, albeit good maps. The same cap mode isn’t really good for esports, which I am surprised arenanet isn’t trying to exploit by dumping resources into. The Esports scene is only getting bigger, and the payout comes along with that. League of Legends has the most logged gametime out of any game IN THE WORLD, and it’s not by a small margin either. As far as profit goes, Tencent, the owner of RIOT games is the 5th largest internet company IN THE WORLD falling only just behind companies like google and amazon.

So as an older player and PvP fanatic, I want any kind of information on why there is no GvG/HA in this game and why it’s not being worked on. (Yeah remember the Korean gw1 teams, wonder why they aren’t in gw2?) Or at the very least, why has there been 1 “meh” gamemode that appeals to casuals and really has no incentive to play well on? You get rewards either way when you play, you can technically afk macro your way to all the rewards (I’ve seen people doing this)

So do us a favor before you lose the 5 people who play sPvP and throw us a bone (preferably a bone in the form of GvG…you know…the thing your game is named for?)

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Well, you’re right these posts are dime a dozen.

If it makes you feel better, there’s strong rumors that a lord rush style map is being worked on, and you can already do 8v8 matches in custom arenas. There’s also a significant WvW community doing organized GvG matches. I think 15v15 is popular.

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The game was not named after GvG.

As for adding GvG into the game it is already fully possible to do it yourself while you wait for a (potential) official version of it.

1. Get Custom Arena.
2. Set only Legacy of the Foefire in rotation.
3. Set point limit to max.
4. Set time limit to max.
5. The game ends when one team kills the other teams Guild Lord.
6. Profit.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

You’re about to get trolled by Conquest try hards.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Na he’s right, gw1 pvp was far superior

in PvP

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

Actually, in the Raid CDI discussion, the dev said “after we close this CDI we’ll be moving on the GvG CDI.” (not the exact quote). So your request is already behind :P

Edit: Oh yeah, this game wasn’t named after the GvG function, it’s actually the part of the lore where guilds from the three human countries are warring with one another.

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

What?

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

What?

The game was named after the Guild War a lore element that set the history of the world. It wasn’t named after GvG.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

What?

The game was named after the Guild War a lore element that set the history of the world. It wasn’t named after GvG.

That IS guild versus guild though.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

I think he’s right. Lore wise GvG in GW1 has nothing to do with “The Guild Wars” that the game’s named after. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

in PvP

Posted by: High.7231

High.7231

Even if it’s not officially in the lore…GvG and HA were the only real reasons to play gw1, which to be honest has been the best and most competitive sPvP I have seen besides League/DoTa and definitely topped the charts in skill/competition out of any MMO, easily. GvG was the face of gw1, arenanet used to set that stuff up brilliantly with good maps/mechanics and $100k tournaments etc.
Now we know that arenanet still plans to do that tourney stuff (see new update) but they are still using bland cap point maps. I’d love to see more map models like foefire be built and used for separate gametypes GvG, and for the LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY PUT HEROES ASCENT INTO GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I know posts like these are probably a dime a dozen, I will do my best to keep this one interesting.

I played have played guildwars as well as guildwars 2 since beta and I’m sure I am not alone in asking for abit more in the PVP department. If I didn’t know better I would accuse arenanet as a company of throwing not only the pvp community, but the PVP devs as well in favor of the young and ‘eager to use their mothers credit cards at the gem store’ PVE community. I have talked to MANY of my old friends who enjoyed guildwars 1 and there is a unanimous idea that they would all pay $100+ for an expansion that included the addition of some guildwars1 classes along with…you know, the whole idea behind the entire f***ing game… GVG. The omission of GvG and Heroes Ascent in guildwars 2 is pretty embarrassing, plus replacing it with a 5v5 cap point that rotates around some, albeit good maps. The same cap mode isn’t really good for esports, which I am surprised arenanet isn’t trying to exploit by dumping resources into. The Esports scene is only getting bigger, and the payout comes along with that. League of Legends has the most logged gametime out of any game IN THE WORLD, and it’s not by a small margin either. As far as profit goes, Tencent, the owner of RIOT games is the 5th largest internet company IN THE WORLD falling only just behind companies like google and amazon.

So as an older player and PvP fanatic, I want any kind of information on why there is no GvG/HA in this game and why it’s not being worked on. (Yeah remember the Korean gw1 teams, wonder why they aren’t in gw2?) Or at the very least, why has there been 1 “meh” gamemode that appeals to casuals and really has no incentive to play well on? You get rewards either way when you play, you can technically afk macro your way to all the rewards (I’ve seen people doing this)

So do us a favor before you lose the 5 people who play sPvP and throw us a bone (preferably a bone in the form of GvG…you know…the thing your game is named for?)

Hi there, i feel you mate, i’m here since first GW1 release, and that’s about 9 years now, i’ve played many MMOs and the day that i’ve found out about GW1, i’ve never changed mmo ever since. that means of 7 years of playing. I was so pumped for GW2, but sadly to say, after 8 months, i’ve quited GW2, for about 1 year, because there was nothing that would hold me in, as PVP player… I tried PVE i really did with all my heart, but there is NOTHING, i tell you NOTHING in GW2 to compare with GW1 GvG..

I miss that as hell, and i want it back, and as you said, GW2 lost its meaning, if there is no GvG, there is no “SOMETHING Wars 2”…

And what bothers me the most, if i want to PVP, i have to go PVE, else you are stuck in your ugly gear.. I miss GW1 concept, my advice to anet is, take PVP GW2 combat, and give us the rest of what GW1 offered.

GvG, farm gear with tokens, HA, JQ, Random, Guild halls, there is nothing better to chill in own hard rewarded Guild Hall…

And for the record, i would rather pay 55€ for expansions than having a
“one-time-living-story” with 30min of content every 14-30 days and GEM sucking store …

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..