A rundown on why PvP in this game wont work

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Outside of typical complaints that sound on this forum (or reddit) Im going to adress problems which for reason never sound around. Probably because people got used to these annoying oddities or finding workarounds towards enjoying the game in some way.

1. Defense always overpowers offense in small scale fight scenarios.
2. Utility always accompanies defense builds making them even stronger than offense in teamfights and objective defense.
3. The entire pvp system is tied to fighting for small slivers of ground making it the definition of lazy idea and poor execution (outside of stronghold game mode which is mainly used for easy boost to legendary and doesn’t greatly differ from conquest anyway). Also the above two statements greatly worsen that problem.
4. Offense is not fun to play as or against. You either burst someone in a moment or get bursted.
5. Defense builds are even less fun though, I almost never see people going bunker chronomancer/scrapper/druid in unranked matches. Regular players suffer playing those boring builds only when they want easy rank points.

Thats all for now, going to bump this topic from time to time so that Anet can finally wake the hell up and realize that to make this game into anything fun they have to scrap the entire pvp system and get back to the drawing board.

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Tell me if I’m wrong, but reading you I have the feeling that you don’t really like Conquest. The thing is, you can’t enjoy GW2 pvp without enjoying Conquest (Stronghold is not balanced). So… this might not be the game for you. Have you tried Smash Bros 4? It’s a 1v1 fighting game, with a mix of offense and defense, and I don’t see why it’s so inferior to Melee, you bigots!

edit: also your character name is a bit lazy <3

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Tell me if I’m wrong, but reading you I have the feeling that you don’t really like Conquest. The thing is, you can’t enjoy GW2 pvp without enjoying Conquest (Stronghold is not balanced). So… this might not be the game for you. Have you tried Smash Bros 4? It’s a 1v1 fighting game, with a mix of offense and defense, and I don’t see why it’s so inferior to Melee, you bigots!

edit: also your character name is a bit lazy <3

thing is that I really like the identity of classes in this game, most skills are really fun and game devs did a good job in bringing to life the fantasy of most classes

also no doubt there are certain fun interactions such as combos (which unfortunately were extremely trivialized with that new update)

and im proud of my char name despite i made it up 12 years ago when i was 13 years old!

in PvP

Posted by: masterfan.8375

masterfan.8375

And how exactly is stronghold easy boost to legendary?

in PvP

Lexander.4579

And how exactly is stronghold easy boost to legendary?

because nobody plays it allowing organized groups of people to abuse matchmaking of that mode in their favor

also, bump

in PvP

Posted by: Rainweaver.7302

Rainweaver.7302

I’m still amused this game doesnt have a 3v3 death match/arena mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

6. Bugs are left on classes for years upon years. You forgot that one. My god the bug list on Thief alone is just… shiver

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

The reasons why pvp is broken

1) there are 2 PRIMARY damage types in this game: direct and condition
2) core design differences meaning thief+rev vs the rest of the classes
3) no clear role, you either multi-role or end up jack of nothing
4) amulet stats mean too much and too little stat variation/customization
5) infrequent balance changes

It’s probably a good idea to compare spvp to actual pvp games since anet wants to go esports and all.

Devona’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Calydro.7268

Calydro.7268

I’m still amused this game doesnt have a 3v3 death match/arena mode.

They barely invest in Spvp, so I’m not surprised at all. The first Guild Wars had 45 different pvp maps. GW2 has 6.

They milk players with micro transactions and have no need or motivation to pump out substantial content. NCsoft feeds off the suckers and screws everyone else.