A sPvP Engineer montage | The Finishing Shot |

in PvP

Posted by: Optics.3289

Optics.3289

After staying up late into the night, editing and gaming, here’s my Engineer sPvP montage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCQGM_VGZU4&feature=plcp

This is my first ‘movie’ for GW2. I do use the Grenadier build in this video as I truly believe it’s the best build Engineers can have at the moment.

With its insane condition damage, its good level of control with the slick shoes chained with supply drop, and its above average survivability, this Grenadier build proved to be extremely useful for me during this video. I am struggling to find flaws with the build apart from movement.

You’ll see I pull of a 2v1 a couple of times. Being able to do that in sPvP is nearly impossible, but with this build there are ways you can do it and still survive.

I hope you enjoy the video!
(This has also been posted in the Engineer section)

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos
I’ve made a lot of popular Engi builds in the past I swear

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Nice.

As a beginning engineer it’s really great to watch, even though not everything is clear to me yet, in terms of what the others are or are not doing.
I’m glad I can follow what you do at least for the most part.

Aside the fun factor for me as engineer, I did realise one thing though:
I was imagining watching this as a non GW2 player, and I figured I wouldn’t get the slightest idea of what was going on, at all…

If they’re serious about an E-sport, they will have issues getting an audience outside of the ones already pvp’ing in the game itself.
Has nothing to do with your video of course.

Too bad I can’t comment on the gameplay yet, but you seem to do ok

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in PvP

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

how do you deal with conditions? since you slotted elixir H I am assuming cleansing formula 40whatever ?

I was imagining watching this as a non GW2 player, and I figured I wouldn’t get the slightest idea of what was going on, at all…

If they’re serious about an E-sport, they will have issues getting an audience outside of the ones already pvp’ing in the game itself.

I think this is true for every game, I watched some WoW vids and had no clue what’s going on, I didn’t even know if the guy does good damage because of the inflated health pools.

in PvP

Optics.3289

Nice.

As a beginning engineer it’s really great to watch, even though not everything is clear to me yet, in terms of what the others are or are not doing.
I’m glad I can follow what you do at least for the most part.

Too bad I can’t comment on the gameplay yet, but you seem to do ok

Thanks!
I do agree with you mostly but I also think that this applies to most games. The Engineer especially is not the most beginner friendly class given that it requires you to use basically all of your abilities to be as successful as well as for most builds requiring you to swap ability sets.

I might try to make a beginners guide on the Engineer but I’m not quite sure how I would present it yet, and what information people would actually want.

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos

in PvP

Optics.3289

how do you deal with conditions? since you slotted elixir H I am assuming cleansing formula 40whatever ?

Yeah, I picked up formula 409. I mostly deal with conditions by Elixir H. I’ll rarely use Elixir R to deal with conditions.

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

I think this is true for every game, I watched some WoW vids and had no clue what’s going on, I didn’t even know if the guy does good damage because of the inflated health pools.

I agree and I disagree, but we might go of topic too much if we get started on this…

In the case of arena’s or worse: bg’s, in WoW you are very right. If you dn’t play the pvp yourself, and know those classes, you don’t understand what is going on.
You are very correct about that.

But there are other games that are more clear. Obviously not in every ability, but at least in the basics of what is going on.

This video however is not about Esport of course, it’s a fun compilation of rather good engineer play I think.

Only thing I ask myself when watching is: are grenades viable against the very good players to?
Getting the targeting as right as in the video, proves to be quite hard for me as a beginner. So I wonder how that plays out when people know they’re coming?
Mostly in tPvP with higher ranked players I mean.

in PvP

Optics.3289

Only thing I ask myself when watching is: are grenades viable against the very good players to?
Getting the targeting as right as in the video, proves to be quite hard for me as a beginner. So I wonder how that plays out when people know they’re coming?
Mostly in tPvP with higher ranked players I mean.

Well that’s where the control comes in. Freeze Grenade, Supply Crate, Glue Shot, Slick Shoes, it’s all to allow the grenades to successfully hit. Without any control this build would be more unreliable, but if you can secure stuns and roots, for just a few seconds so that you can apply conditions, then it’s great. The pistols also provide a backup plan, being accurate and still heavy in condition damage.

[quote=360011;Kimbald.2697:]

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

Thanks, the second pistol does help a lot in that playstyle of course.

I tend to go more for ‘Jack of all trades’ and even very inclined to go defensive in my builds each time. So for me I think aiming my weapons, skills and traits mostly to set up just my grenades will feel too limiting.

This is not critisism by the way, just my view on how this build would feel for me.

I will try grenades out in my curent build though, and I’ll try to gather as much from your video as I can for that

The difference will be that grenades will be another utility for me, and not the essence of my damage.
Maybe they’re not worth that. But who knows: maybe they are…

in PvP

Posted by: Sladeakakevin.4162

Sladeakakevin.4162

Word of advice, you pan and zoom too much in that video.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Man, whatever else you do in the future, just make sure you don’t hide your skillbar/healthbar. So frustrating. Can’t see anything.

in PvP

Optics.3289

Man, whatever else you do in the future, just make sure you don’t hide your skillbar/healthbar. So frustrating. Can’t see anything.

Got it.

in PvP

Optics.3289

Hmm, do I really do it that much?
I understand that for people who would really like to see the state of health it could get annoying, but the only time I do it for a full fight is at the very start. The rest of my zooms are just for certain parts of fights to showcase something, so the health is only being hidden for a short amount of time.
I’ll ask for some feedback on this from a few people, but thanks for telling me.

in PvP

Posted by: fishybill.6908

fishybill.6908

Great vid Optics, just a quick question, you say you have maxed out your condition damage yet in your video you are running around with 24k HP, how is that possible with the runes amulet and jewels in your build link?

in PvP

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

Hmm, do I really do it that much?
I understand that for people who would really like to see the state of health it could get annoying, but the only time I do it for a full fight is at the very start. The rest of my zooms are just for certain parts of fights to showcase something, so the health is only being hidden for a short amount of time.
I’ll ask for some feedback on this from a few people, but thanks for telling me.

yeah it was a bit annoying, but then I realized that it was just an intro so it was okay, maybe just telegraph somehow that we are only looking at the intro and are not “meant” to watch the skills yet
Maybe with some effect or such