A shave to celestial might stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I will not use argumentation that a lot of people think its OP because it does not really have any effect really.

The argument that might pass is the number of off bunker builds that dominate the game at the moment, especially in the form of Engineers and Elementalists.

I do not think that either of the classes are significantly stronger then other classes, perhaps a bit here and there, but they can use might stacking and celestial ammy to their fullest.

So i would suggest 3 key nerfs to build components:
-reduce celestial ammy stats from 435 to 390 (10%) for each stat
-reduce sigil of battle might duration from 20s to 10s base
-remove the 20% might duration bonus from rune of streght final tier

This does only hit self might sustain of over 20+. The classes remain untouched themselves.

ty for reading

in PvP

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Celestial’s in a good place IMO. Ferocity could use a slight buff to make up for some of what crit damage was lost in the spring feature patch (which significantly hurt the dps of celestial while raising its survivability via normalizing all the stats – crit damage was way high on it, right up with zerker)

As for might, personally I think the maximum stacks for it on players, as well as stacks of conditions on players, is too high.

at least that’s where I’d go to tinker with nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Start removing some fire fields and reducing overall might duration…celestial is nothing without might…but once they hit 15-20+ might they just go godmode

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

limit max amount of might in pvp to 10 – most of the issues solved

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Celestial is fine, without might stacking, it’s not that strong. Just make each blast give 2 mights instead of 3 mights and the problem is solved. It will be very hard to get 25 stacks of might alone after that.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I agree with Sunshine, celestial’s damage is pretty meh without might stacks. I would personally nerf the duration of engi, ele, and (especially) warrior fire fields, and the recharge of their blast finishers, rather than nerf fire blasting itself.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The best option would be to limit the amount of Might that is actually blasted on finishers. Each blast honestly only needs to add 1 stack of might.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

if you nerf fire blast finishers all you do is nerf eles and warriors. engis will stay the same as they dont rely on fire fields but are equally or even stronger than warriors end eles when played well.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I’m not sure if you realize, but meta Cele engineer builds only run with 10 might stack, from battle sigil and a rune proc. They generally have no fire fields or blast finishers, with exceptions.

I repeat… Cele Engineers don’t generally have blasts, or fire fields. There is no might stacking going on outside of battle sigil, and the one might stack that Hoelbrak/Strength runes proc.

D/D Eles can solo stack 20+ might with the same, simple, sigil/rune investment. Adding a blast to Frozen burst was kind of a mistake, in my opinion. Unfortunate, unforeseen turn of events.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Lots of problems, here:

• What you are suggesting would not only affect Celestial + Might stacking builds.
  • Also, you are not bringing it on par with other builds, you are completely rendering it useless.
  • All of the above nerfs would also make the Elementalist class vanish from SPVP

I honestly think that Celestial stat should be nerfed by 5% (20-25 points per stat) and just reduce the might duration from blast finishers in firefields by 25% (15 seconds instead of 20 of might duration).

Moreover, I would NOT introduce both these nerfs at once. I’d suggest first to reduce the might duration gained from blast finishers in firefields, and then, if needed, introduce the second nerf (5% reduction of Celestial stat) later.

“yeah, like if anet made balance changes every month”. Well, they answered pretty quickly to pirate runes, so I don’t know why couldn’t they do the same once again.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

if you nerf fire blast finishers all you do is nerf eles and warriors. engis will stay the same as they dont rely on fire fields but are equally or even stronger than warriors end eles when played well.

I’m not sure if you realize, but meta Cele engineer builds only run with 10 might stack, from battle sigil and a rune proc. They generally have no fire fields or blast finishers, with exceptions.

I repeat… Cele Engineers don’t generally have blasts, or fire fields. There is no might stacking going on outside of battle sigil, and the one might stack that Hoelbrak/Strength runes proc.

The real problem isn’t a SINGLE engineer or a SINGLE warrior, but what happens when you get multiple warriors, engis, and elementalists on the same point. When that happens, and they all start blasting each other’s fire fields multiple times, they all get to 25 stacks of might very very quickly.

Which is why I’ll repeat: you don’t need to nerf the various +Might duration runes; you don’t need to nerf celestial amulet; you don’t need to nerf the duration or amount of Might stacks fire blasting gives. All you need to do is nerf some of the elementalist and warrior skills that give blast finishers and fire fields:

a. nerf combustive shot by making it a single-target skill rather than a ground targeted aoe (fire field is not left behind if the skill misses or target dodges), increasing its recharge to 15", and decreasing its duration to 3" (adrenaline level will then affect only aoe size and physical damage dealt)
b. reduce the duration of the fire fields left behind by burning speed and burning retreat to 3 and 4" respectively
c. reduce the duration of Lava Font to 3" and increasing the damage per pulse by 25% to compensate
d. increase recharge of Earthshaker to 12".

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Konoha.4613

Konoha.4613

I like where celestial is personally