A solution to 4v5

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I’m not a big PvPer. I almost never read these forums, so I don’t know if this has been suggested. I can’t believe it hasn’t. I hate winning via 4v5 and I hate it even more loosing to 4v5. It seems so simple, so why hasn’t it been done yet?

If there is a match that starts that is a 4v5, then make it so that the 5th person on the “5” team can’t leave spawn. They will be able to leave when the first player who dies respawns. This will keep cycling.

Meanwhile, after a set amount of time after the match has begun, just grab a new person who is looking for a group in the que system. Whoever didn’t get into the match gets the dishonored debuff. It seems that the way the system works now is that it just fills up slots of 5 and moves on to a new group of 5.

Is it really that difficult to do the above?

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

I like your suggestion. And yes, apparently, it’s the most difficult thing to solve ever.

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

the opening is one of the most important aspects of the game as it sets the tempo of the game. The time it takes to get a 5th in could mean the team is already up 200 points

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Kind of over complicated / unneeded.

Every other game just uses a roster check, if 10 ppl aren’t present when the game is to start, it doesn’t start, and everyone else is thrown back into que.

It’s not rocket science

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

The cycling system would mean a disadvantage for the team with 5 players, both making it more boring for them if they die (possibly leading to people gambling their team’s fate in order to survive as long as possible) and more difficult for their players to learn how the enemy team works as they aren’t allowed to play as much. Basicalyy, it’s not that simple

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

It should just be: If one team doesn’t have 5 players at the start of the match, the match doesn’t start until those spots are filled. This allows people to leave before the match begins and not completely screw their team. It would encourage people who want to leave (Skyhammer/Spirit Watch, there’s that guy you hate, you have to poop, etc), to leave before it begins instead of during.

If someone leaves in the middle, though, that would be a different beast. There’s no reason not to implement the first thing though. Like, really. Not sure why the hell this isn’t already in the game, and then we can figure out something for in-the-middle leaving. If there would ever be a solution implemented for ditching after the match started, I’d imagine it would be something like… freezing all points or making everyone friendly, or putting everyone back in the spawn but keeping the score. But that can wait. The majority of my 3/4v5 fights started that way (cough skyhammer cough) so we really need a simple, easy solution for that.

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Shakya.6351

Shakya.6351

I don’t really get why the hell anet let a 4v5 to begin…it is not fun for both teams, is very much better to wait untill the spot is filled or drop the match and start a new queue

in a game that would have a sort of competition between players is not possible that 30% of games is a 4v5…really guys it suck…

is very much better to wait instead of play a NON COMPETITIVE match

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Spurnshadow.3678

I’m pretty sure the game doesn’t start a match until there are 5 people on each side. Unfortunately, due to a glitch, or a player exits the game, or a crash, or some other reason, the match starts with 4 players. Due to how the game currently works, that 5th spot can’t be filled, because it is still holding it for that player who is not in the match, but offline, or whatever. That is what needs to change.

@ Kitty. My cycling solution would help the beginning of the match most. If there are only 4 people on one side, the last one who would be out the gate on the 5 man team, wouldn’t be able to leave. Therefore, it would be 4v4.

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Simple solution to 4v5. Make the game unranked that way it doesn’t affect MMR. If the game turns 4v5 because of a DC then that player gets dishonored the match becomes unranked and the pve heroes still get the reward track rewards for playing the soloque game.

Result: Reward tracks remain, PvP’ers that care about MMR don’t lose any, PvE’ers get their shiny backpieces and dungeon chests.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Then people would complain about being locked out. Wouldn’t it be a hell of a lot simpler if they just made it say “Waiting on X players…” before the game starts?

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Then people would complain about being locked out. Wouldn’t it be a hell of a lot simpler if they just made it say “Waiting on X players…” before the game starts?

If you have bad internet and know that you might DC don’t join soloque. That simple I know everyone wants to have fun. But 10 people are depending on each other to have a good internet connection. If one person DC’s the match becomes less fun for everyone. The 4 person team feels cheated, the 5 person team doesn’t feel challenged. If it’s server side then it is a different issue and if everyone became locked out of PvP because of server side issues then Anet would have to fix their servers and everyone can go do something else for a day.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i did suggest this. first of all it wouldn’t kick in until 1 minute of 5v4. next, the 5th player who “sits out” would be the first one who died. this means it would stay 5v4 unless you kill one of them, and there is a good chance the first one to die will be that team’s lower rank player. The person sitting out would instantly rotate in upon an ally death, meaning the team with 5 would not suffer from respawn timer.

After 1 minute of 4v5 you are probably losing and once it kicks in you have a chance to get a kill and make it 4v4 and try to catch up but still going to be quite difficult to do so…. but at least not impossible.

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

This is kind of a bad idea. It would be unfair to the person on the other team being locked out, just because someone on the other team didnt show up. And looking for someone to join a game in progress is a bad idea as well, because of the possibility of joining a losing team.

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Yeah
but the delayed start until game is full would be a good idea

#ELEtism

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Spurnshadow.3678

This is kind of a bad idea. It would be unfair to the person on the other team being locked out, just because someone on the other team didnt show up. And looking for someone to join a game in progress is a bad idea as well, because of the possibility of joining a losing team.

Well, it’s not a bad idea according to your post. The person joining late would be joining an even, 4v4 match.

If someone can’t wait in spawn for an extra minute, or whatever, for the game to fill the opponents slot, then they need to take some Ridalyn.

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

Maybe some kind of voting system where the players could choose to restart the game could be implemented?

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

I like your idea a lot. I don’t know why there are so many variations being suggested. Blue team: 4 players, Red team: 5 players (only 4v4 on the field). Blue team kills one player on the red team and that fifth player joins the fight while the red player that died waits for one of their teammates to die so they can jump in. Typically you wait for a cool-down if you die soon after your re-spawn. This would just take the place of that, and may take a little longer, but someone should eventually die. I think a small wait would be worth a balanced fight.

Great suggestion Spurn!

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Spurnshadow.3678

Thank you!

15 characters

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Shakya.6351

Shakya.6351

In any case at least a lost 4v5 game shouldn’t count as a loss in the leaderboards…

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Spin Echo.8263

Spin Echo.8263

I think this is basically the right solution. The only problem is that it’s unpredictable for the player stuck in spawn, and in some cases they might spend very little time playing (e.g. if they are the only glass cannon on the team).

Instead, I suggest changing the respawn timers for both teams. For the 4-man team, the respawn timer should be reduced to 5 seconds or even zero. For the 5-man team, the respawn timer should be increased to 40-60 seconds or more. This would make both teams play with even numbers most of the time, but nobody would be stuck wondering when they would return to the game.

(edited by Spin Echo.8263)

A solution to 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

eliminate respawn timer for the outnumbered team.

i like that. you’re still at a disadvantage but its much more possible to compete.