A thing that's making PvP miserable...

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

…and it’s actually NOT Anet fault: complete lack of communication among your team.

To me, it’s the number one reason of why people just lose or perform badly, apart from known huge imbalances in classes/builds.

I honestly wonder why players come and play a team game, and then refuse to even exchange 3-4 words at start, if only to work out a starting strategy against opposing team (this is true for conquest as much as for stronghold, ofc).

And the worst ones are those that don’t say a word for almost all the match, and then wake up and remember that there’s a chat when the game is clearly lost just to spout the usual things like “bad team, my teammates suck, scrubs” etc.

It’s appalling, really. It makes solo/duoqueing a lot more miserable than it already is. And it makes me want to meet irl these kind of players and shout in their ears until they bleed – maybe they’ll say something.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

You seem to forget the occasional :

“- gg
- gg
- gj
- i carried hard noobs”

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

So it is not Anet’s fault that queue is putting me with 2 DH and 1 Thief, and I’m DH to, not to mention the other 2 DH is brainless trap users, and die in 2 seconds..literally in max 5 seconds… the thief can’t do anything against healer/bunker tipes novadays, so who’s fault is that? If you don’t have 1 ele and 1 druid in your team you already lost the game.
And with DH now we have to use other than traps or u get instant death because of condi dmg..
This game had become bunker wars.
And yes, I always get angry and say horrible things to ppl, because they don’t use their brain or normal professions, that’s partially Anet’s fault ( no balance in professions)
If you use Warrior, Thief, Full DH trap professions, just leave solo queue alone, it is for team builds only, or I will get mad an say horrible things to you in team chat!

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I actually don’t mind if people don’t chat, if they read at least. But if all chat and even all map-pinging is ignored… that’s usually an immediate lost game.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I prefer to just ping the map than try to talk in chat unless it’s something I can’t communicate effectively by pinging.

in PvP

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

if gw had and easy-to-connect in-game mic/headphone communication system that you could choose to use with your team, this probably would be less of an issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Ive said this before recently, it’s like playing with NPC’s. There’s no response to callouts, no Incoming calls, not even a response to a hello at the start of a match and then at the end when we lose and I’ve been trying to type all thru the game the one liner from one guy was “gg, bad team”.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

The irony when someone tells a thief or warrior to re-roll when they’re playing a non meta class. It’s hilarious. In fact if ur not playing ele, mes, engi or rev, please, re-roll.

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I usually goes with the “hi team” then " who goes where ?" and at least one or two people answer. Usually, when you do a full sentence people answer more easily.

But I feel like people are communicating more before the match than before leagues.

Yes, sometimes you have a great strategy with all your teammates and the “mad cow syndrom” strike nonetheless….

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

im usually too salty to type in chat> switch to combat tab. soory boiz

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

So it is not Anet’s fault that queue is putting me with 2 DH and 1 Thief, and I’m DH to, not to mention the other 2 DH is brainless trap users, and die in 2 seconds..literally in max 5 seconds… the thief can’t do anything against healer/bunker tipes novadays, so who’s fault is that? If you don’t have 1 ele and 1 druid in your team you already lost the game.
And with DH now we have to use other than traps or u get instant death because of condi dmg..
This game had become bunker wars.
And yes, I always get angry and say horrible things to ppl, because they don’t use their brain or normal professions, that’s partially Anet’s fault ( no balance in professions)
If you use Warrior, Thief, Full DH trap professions, just leave solo queue alone, it is for team builds only, or I will get mad an say horrible things to you in team chat!

Well, first of all, balance has nothing to do with being able to communicate in a match, I think you completely missed the OPs point there or just wanted to have a whinge about balance, it’s not like there isn’t enough posts on that already.

Secondly, telling people to reroll to a meta class for PvP is ridiculous. Metas change over time and are constantly evolving. If there’s no players creating new builds to try and crack the meta it wont evolve. Thirdly, I’ll take a good player on thier chosen class anyday over someone who copy pasted a build and isn’t comfortable with it. Playing a meta build will not improve your rotations around a map if you already have terrible map awareness.

Last but not least, I play a trap Guardian with Bow and Hammer. I like it, it works and provides plenty to my team in a team fight. It’s my own little variation of a build a guildie made himself. I’ll keep playing it in solo que, cheers for the advice anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

When you solo queue ranked you enter into a scenario where you are playing a team sport with people you’ve often never met… Everyone has pips on the line so you immediately have a trust problem when someone tries to coordinate the team. You’ll have at least one team member go against plan (usually more). Most will be annoyed you’re trying to call team strategy with a complete “pug” group.

So while yes, it is often a team coordination problem that cost you the match (we’re going to assume MMR ranking are worth something even if imperfect). You need to touch base with reality of how unnatural solo queue is for Conquest and that most groups want nothing to do with working together on strategy… You’re taking too seriously for 95% of the people who PvP in GW2. That is the state of things.

In solo queue, the team with the better strategy (even if that strategy is as simple as holding mid and home and staying in pairs) will win most of the time.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I don’t think it’s necessary to have an entire solo q team openly agree to some overall plan/elect a leader at the beginning of every match. Experienced players know how to just play off one another simply by watching their teammates movements, watching the map and with non verbal ques like calling targets and map pinging. I’ve seen just that level of coordination be enough to beat even premade teams sometimes.

Would it help sometimes to have in game coms? Sure. Will they add it? Doesn’t seem like it.

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I don’t care about a pip. Tell me to re roll classes before match starts and I’ll throw the game.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Usually people seem too lazy to type stuff, even myself. Would be easier if there was built in voice. I’ll make use of drawing and pinging the map though.

im usually too salty to type in chat> switch to combat tab. soory boiz

I get the vibe that most people are like that. All that pip loss angst draining everyones’ energy.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

@OP:

Aren’t you the guy who was in my team raging at everyone because we didn’t like “3 home 2 far” then rage quit when someone told you they were gonna jungle?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: zerefnosekai.7286

zerefnosekai.7286

The irony when someone tells a thief or warrior to re-roll when they’re playing a non meta class. It’s hilarious. In fact if ur not playing ele, mes, engi or rev, please, re-roll.

why? why cant we play what we like?
no lets be slave to the kitten meta its a game and i like too enjoy myself
i want pvp to test how good i am against others skill
NOT to stand on the point the entire bloody match if i wanted to stand still i would pve
esports is all good and all but in the end a game is about having FUN

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

@OP:

Aren’t you the guy who was in my team raging at everyone because we didn’t like “3 home 2 far” then rage quit when someone told you they were gonna jungle?

No. I never ragequit any game, nor I go afk, I always play until the end even if my team is losing 450-10.

BTW, I never advocated a 3 home 2 far strategy (sometimes I suggest 3 far 2 close based on team comp).

I guess you must have mistaken me with someone else. Are you playing on EU or NA btw?

in PvP

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

My personal favorite:

“I can’t advance in leagues because I get matched against premades!”

You know why you stopped playing the build you used to play and rolled whatever flavor of the month build that makes up the current meta? Because you care more about winning than what’s “fun to play”

The obvious answer, if you want to win a competitively ranked 5v5 game is to form a team of five players. You might want to solo, but 5 man premades are the most efficient meta. Always have been.

I don’t know why people complain about this. It’s really simple logic.

Wanna get ranked>do the things that ensure you have good teams for ranked.

Wanna just kitten around and have fun with random people who could be good or horrible at random?> Play unranked.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

My personal favorite:

“I can’t advance in leagues because I get matched against premades!”

You know why you stopped playing the build you used to play and rolled whatever flavor of the month build that makes up the current meta? Because you care more about winning than what’s “fun to play”

I agree with your logic however I must point out:
Shatter mesmer is my favorite build, however I can definitely say that it is not fun at all to play currently…
I’m sure a few thieves could also agree that it’s just not fun to play.
Even when I’m facerolling on my keyboard on my bunker mesmer, it’s just not fun.
I know I won’t kill anyone, I know no one will kill me, if I’m stuck on a white cap against a tempest I’m pretty much doomed to keep it white the whole game because none of us will leave and allow the other to bunk his point…
It’s as boring as playing my shatter, but at least I know I’m efficient this time.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

…and it’s actually NOT Anet fault: complete lack of communication among your team.

It is Anet fault, 2016 soon, still no VOIP or any kind of voice command system.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It is Anet fault, 2016 soon, still no VOIP or any kind of voice command system.

GameVox looks like a decent option and with some tweaks MasqVox can give some decent voice disguise but need certain tweaks to avoid lag or echo.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I find it funny that there are basically no other pings aside from the targeting one. There’s no MIA, there’s no incoming, there’s no OMW. GW2 is a very fast paced game and sometimes, you just can’t type your messages out to your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Elessaria.9142

Elessaria.9142

What is making PvP miserable is the kittening kitten system of progression and grouping. Losing a pip (taking me back to 0 from 4 for the 9th time now) for the attached performance just flat out makes you want to stop playing. And not just PvP but the whole kitten game…

Attachments: