A top 250 badge would be nice

in PvP

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

The playing field on top plat 3 compared to bottom-mid plat is completely different yet same badge. Just would be nice to get more than a title even if you didn’t end in legendary div. Currently all you get for top 250 is a title that is bearly distinguishable from nearly meaningless legend divisions in the previous seasons.

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Yeah, the only people that will tell what season you got your title in are people that competed. They should make the titles go something like: Season 5, Merciless Legend; Season 2, Exalted Legend, etc.

That sad feeling when you still haven’t gotten your season 5 titles -____-

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

They shouldn’t have given any titles for this season because it was a farce quite frankly so if I had my way there wouldn’t be badges of any type because the whole system was flawed. I laugh every time I look at the top 250 N/A and see about 20% or more of them are 40-41 games played.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Well somebody wants to be a special snowflake

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

They shouldn’t have given any titles for this season because it was a farce quite frankly so if I had my way there wouldn’t be badges of any type because the whole system was flawed. I laugh every time I look at the top 250 N/A and see about 20% or more of them are 40-41 games played.

This is just absolutely not true. Maybe on NA it is like this but on EU, the vast, vast majority of top 250 players are legit people who played all season.

OP, I would agree with you. What you said is the exact reason I pushed so hard to get legendary this season- there is no way for anyone to see the difference between someone like you (who I know is good) and some 1650 rated player who is not even close to that standard of play. A badge for top 250/any rank that gives you a title would be great and I would certainly use it.

Maybe Anet could just change these legend titles from ones that non-PvPers have no idea what they mean. Why not just give the title as ‘top 250’ instead of ‘merciless legend’. At least everyone would know what that title means.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

(edited by suffish.4150)

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

Nope.

The legend threshold is high enough to be (somewhat) prestigeous, and while of course there’s a difference between plat 1 and plat 3, just like there’s a difference between gold 1 and gold 3, the threshold needs to be put SOMEWHERE and there’ll always be people stuck in the higher ranks of certain division.
As for the relation to top 250 my guess is that in an ideal world where we have much bigger population there wouldn’t even be plats on the leaderboard, just legends. Just look at the difference between EU (legend isn’t enough to hit top100) and NA (legend is top25).
Regardless though, there are already separate rewards for your leaderboard placement, the title is a great idea if only they weren’t so kitten. So agreed on that point, the titles really need to be changed as they’re just tragic right now, and yep, even the most uncreative ‘Top 250’ would probably be better than the current ‘Xxx Legend’.

-