AFK and DC's need to be punished

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.5924

Nightshade.5924

Ok, I am sick and tired of afkers and dcers screwing up my PvP. Especially in the placement phase.

I lost a match today in placement because this yay hoo decided that we were gonna lose, and the )(&%$$ proceeded to sit out most of the match in the spawn. And imagine that.. we lost.

There NEEDS to a be a sharp, stinging, NASTY penalty for these (*&%## individuals. I recall last season some yay hoo doing the same thing, and taunting the team that we could go ahead and report him, nothing was going to happen.

Suggestion 1: Any player receives 30 reports by other players needs to be reviewed. Yes, this is more work for Arena Net people. But verification needs to be done to check for yay hoos making bad reports. After review, if the afk or dc pattern is confirmed, that player is banned from PvP for one week. No appeal.

Suggestion 2: False or bad reports earn you the same punishment as the afker. Say after 10 or 15 bad reports.

Suggestion 3: All PvPers NEED to be encouraged to make reports, even if they are not on the affected team. If all nine active players from one match report a dc or afk, then that will make Arena Net’s job MUCH easier and hasten the dismissal of unwanted afkers.

Suggestion 4: If afk/dc behavior continues after the first ban, and another 30 reports confirm that, then that player should be banned for the REST of the Current Season. Again, no appeal.

Suggestion 5: This new policy needs to be spammed to all players emails by Arena Net. In fact, it should be spammed two or three times over the course of two weeks. That way NO body will be able to whine or gripe (legitimately) when they get banned from PvP for being a (*^@#$$.

nuff said.

in PvP

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Yea in my Placements happened the same.

I lost 2 games because of them and now i ended 7 wins and 3 losses..

I dont think the reporting thing is that good cause ist more work for anet and thats why they wont do it.

My idea is: Just make strikes. For each time afk you get 1 strike and 2 hours pvp ban.
3 Strikes = Season ban. (Strikes resetting every season.)

I think this will make things better.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I would normally agree if I didnt become a victim of random high ping spikes that made it look like I was afk (my toon loaded in the match but I was at the loading screen). Took me about 5 minutes into the match before I was finally loaded in (we still won, had to make sure I played my butt off to make it up, and I def contributed lol)

I can see reporting afk for a whole match but don’t auto assume they are intentionally afk or DC (as they may have gotten a random unexpected internet spike or client is crashing)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Nightshade.5924

I would normally agree if I didnt become a victim of random high ping spikes that made it look like I was afk (my toon loaded in the match but I was at the loading screen). Took me about 5 minutes into the match before I was finally loaded in (we still won, had to make sure I played my butt off to make it up, and I def contributed lol)

I can see reporting afk for a whole match but don’t auto assume they are intentionally afk or DC (as they may have gotten a random unexpected internet spike or client is crashing)

Which is why Arena Net has to examine those reports. More work for them, I agree. But people who are having REAL system problems will not be punished, and quite possibly ANet may be able to identify why an individual is having connectivity issues.

Whereas (*&^#@@ individuals who are ruining PvP for those of us who are there to play will get slapped down. And hey, they go on the list for permanent season removal if they reoffend.

Realistically, this should only take a couple of weeks. We’re most likely only talking a few 1000 bad actors amongst tens of 1000’s of good players. If all other nine players are reporting yay hoos for a given match, then in 3 to 4 matches said yay hoo has built up over 30 reports, and BANG, the devs run a check.

If their metrics say said yay hoo deserves it, BANG… one week ban. If not, then maybe the devs get in touch with the player and HEY, FIX THE ISSUE. Wow, concept there.

nuff said

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Because ANet wants to be different and special. ANet wants to be welcoming to everyone. Including the griefers and cheaters other PvP games with rank systems have kicked to the crub. More power to them.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Because ANet wants to be different and special. ANet wants to be welcoming to everyone. Including the griefers and cheaters other PvP games with rank systems have kicked to the crub. More power to them.

Yes but its this exact reasoning that cause most of the top players last season to say no thanks to PvP, I personally wont even play this season, I cant enjoy a game mode that I get screwed because 1 person decides to afk at the spawn as they get pips either way,

I can understand players sometimes get lagged out, or DC’d ( and its out of there control ) but last season I seen the same people in matches openly admitting they where afking and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

If this season goes the same as the last, maybe then Anet will look more into the afk farming problem, as ironically its now rampant in both Spvp and WvW.

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Happened in two of my NA placements in first 4-5 games I’ve played since the season started. One on my team because he was mad about a bug or something and one on the other team for idk what for. It’s not fun either way. And the baby AFKers laugh. I always imagine they’re either a tween, or an angry, lazy unemployed neckbeard. Yeah, I get frustrated with ppl making mistakes they could correct if they watched a couple vids or learned the ropes from an experienced sPvPer, but I’m not going to ruin the game for the other 3 on my team. And I make mistakes sometimes also. Sometimes you don’t predict enemy rotation well, get lag, distracted, the other team is just better than yours as a whole, you hit the wrong key ect ect. It happens. I’ve watched a ton of pro streams, most screw up or make rookie mistakes.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Yes but its this exact reasoning that cause most of the top players last season to say no thanks to PvP, I personally wont even play this season, I cant enjoy a game mode that I get screwed because 1 person decides to afk at the spawn as they get pips either way,

I can understand players sometimes get lagged out, or DC’d ( and its out of there control ) but last season I seen the same people in matches openly admitting they where afking and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

If this season goes the same as the last, maybe then Anet will look more into the afk farming problem, as ironically its now rampant in both Spvp and WvW.

Lol I doubt it. As long as ANet have people whispering in their ears. That throwing matches and afking is not issue. I am very thankful that the very first match I’ve tried this season. Had one of these griefers on the other team. Honestly if the other team didn’t have that match thrower on his team. They more then likely would’ve have won that match. As they should have.

Needless to say when 1st match of the ranked season is a AFKers on the other team. Means that they’ll be on my team soon destroying my hard work solo queuing. So I’ll just forgo all of the headaches altogther and do my sPvP elsewhere.

WvW solo roaming on the other hand is quite fun these days. Since more players are WvWing. Tho balance there is completely disregarded, and frustrating at times. Nowhere near the frequency I find AFKers in sPvP ranked leagues tho.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

This “yey hoo”? That sounds familiar…

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Nightshade.5924

Lol I doubt it. As long as ANet have people whispering in their ears. That throwing matches and afking is not issue. I am very thankful that the very first match I’ve tried this season. Had one of these griefers on the other team. Honestly if the other team didn’t have that match thrower on his team. They more then likely would’ve have won that match. As they should have.

Needless to say when 1st match of the ranked season is a AFKers on the other team. Means that they’ll be on my team soon destroying my hard work solo queuing. So I’ll just forgo all of the headaches altogther and do my sPvP elsewhere.

WvW solo roaming on the other hand is quite fun these days. Since more players are WvWing. Tho balance there is completely disregarded, and frustrating at times. Nowhere near the frequency I find AFKers in sPvP ranked leagues tho.

So what you’re saying is that getting rid of the afkers would be a good thing. What you’re saying is that they need to be punished, banned or removed because they are ruining the PvP experience.

Thanks for the support!

in PvP

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

As long as people pay for the game, and shout it to anet, I doubt something will happen. “my PvP” Oh my bad, i didn’t knew it was all yours.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Arenanet is asmall low budget company.

You are making it sound as if they have the personal to deal with reports

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

Had one ranger go afk on us yesterday because i passed them up going to home at start after repeatedly calling out that this is what I was going to do, and checking that the team was okay with it. . . really do wish anet had the resources to do as the OP says, but I don’t think they do.

in PvP

Posted by: ZiggyStardust.3194

ZiggyStardust.3194

I am going afk too. And? Do you really think someone will care to fight with people who have no idea what they doing? PVP is just reward farming zone now, placements are broken since season 1 and Anet developers aren’t smart enough to fix it. Sadly. So you have to adopt to it. First 10 games deciding all the season…and if you aren’t lucky in lottery, just give no f like me and wait till good games will come…otherwise try to finish match faster just not to waste time.

Don’t waste your hard earned pennies for the broken game!

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

I am going afk too. And? Do you really think someone will care to fight with people who have no idea what they doing? PVP is just reward farming zone now, placements are broken since season 1 and Anet developers aren’t smart enough to fix it. Sadly. So you have to adopt to it. First 10 games deciding all the season…and if you aren’t lucky in lottery, just give no f like me and wait till good games will come…otherwise try to finish match faster just not to waste time.

Cancerous way of thinking. People like you make sure I stay away from GW2’s Ranked league. Guys like you and ANet’s grand unwillingness to remove guys like you.

But because of guys like you, yeah. Ranked PvP is nothing more then a glorified reward farm now.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Alek Seven.2374

I am going afk too. And? Do you really think someone will care to fight with people who have no idea what they doing?

Well, that’s sad to say and to hear, but it’s kinda true.

And also (it’s a serious question) : Do you really think someone will care to fight with this guy whoo keeps yelling names to his team cause they learned that mid was lost and decided to play sides ?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

well i already suggestet a dishonour vote system in ranked.
If all four players in a team vote for dishonour, then the match will cout as desertion for the “Griefer”. This will accumulate as normal. I won´t work always due to not all voting. I see a low misuse potential in solo/duo Q due to needing all four to agree.

in PvP

Alek Seven.2374

Why not bring /resign,gg, qq in PvP ? If the team make /gg , it wont count as a loss for the team but not as a win on the other one . So nobody will gain/lose rating and nobody will gain pips . Thats the serious suggestion i got for now , i might have others later.

in PvP

Posted by: ZiggyStardust.3194

ZiggyStardust.3194

Cancerous way of thinking. People like you make sure I stay away from GW2’s Ranked league. Guys like you and ANet’s grand unwillingness to remove guys like you.

But because of guys like you, yeah. Ranked PvP is nothing more then a glorified reward farm now.

First, I have suggested to introduce Dragon level requirement to enter ranked. I have suggested to make pre made team fights only. I have suggested to make some kind reward system during season in unranked to make others grow for ranked. Everybody want balanced play, not simple nubish condi spamming.

Have ANET cared about it? No. They made condies terribly annoying. Would you suggest people to play condi builds? But if I hate it? If I want skilled play and not simple 1 1 1 and wait who will be more lucky? Like I said, I am playing it, but if I see some people doing kitten and then screaming how awesome they are just because they spam one button? Nah, sorry. Anet created reward farm system, people farm it, why I should be any different? Why I should get always top stats in main categories while others do nothing? Why I have to try to carry some * if they not even trying? We wanted pre made team fights, some people want solo queue…good.

Don’t waste your hard earned pennies for the broken game!

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

First, I have suggested to introduce Dragon level requirement to enter ranked. I have suggested to make pre made team fights only. I have suggested to make some kind reward system during season in unranked to make others grow for ranked. Everybody want balanced play, not simple nubish condi spamming.

Have ANET cared about it? No. They made condies terribly annoying. Would you suggest people to play condi builds? But if I hate it? If I want skilled play and not simple 1 1 1 and wait who will be more lucky? Like I said, I am playing it, but if I see some people doing kitten and then screaming how awesome they are just because they spam one button? Nah, sorry. Anet created reward farm system, people farm it, why I should be any different? Why I should get always top stats in main categories while others do nothing? Why I have to try to carry some * if they not even trying? We wanted pre made team fights, some people want solo queue…good.

Sounds to me you want the opposite of what GW2 is. Take my advice look for PvP in a dedicated PvP title. I’m 99% sure, that after you experience the quality of matches in these games. Plus the care and fequent balance patches. You’ll be like me. A player who starts to sweat at the thought of playing Ranked PvP in GW2. Also if you are dedicated PvP players you’ll find out. Slowly but surely your GW2’s play time per month melt away.

Then you can do want I do and log in to get the picture of the state of the game. Then log off and go back to doing some real PvP in a real PvP supported title. And if you are truly like me. No lifer with multiple monitors. Then you can PvP and play other games, talk to your friends on VoIP’s, and read and make threads on the forums at the same time.

And laugh at all of the interesting thought patterns of people. Crying for decent PvP in a game where the devs almost couldn’t care less for decent PvP. Maybe fan a few flames in some of the more juicier threads. Maybe even throw out the occasion serious bone, every so now and then.

GW2 lost ESL support.That is all that is needed to be said. Now really think about that with a logical mindset.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Alek Seven.2374

Hey, why did they lost the ESL support and what was it supposed to mean?

in PvP

Nightshade.5924

Ok, fellas, getting a bit far afield here. But a quick skim thru these posts indicates that my suggestions have merit. We need the bad actors, the afkers and deliberate dcers, GONE.

Suggestion 6: Either change the category “Match Manipulation” in the report menu to “PvP Match Manipulation” or maybe “Dishonorable Conduct”. But make a category clearly and definitively about PvP bad behavior. This change will help devs by giving those of us who are reporting said misconduct a definitive and precise category which then can be more easily monitored.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Ok, I am sick and tired of afkers and dcers screwing up my PvP. Especially in the placement phase.

I lost a match today in placement because this yay hoo decided that we were gonna lose, and the )(&%$$ proceeded to sit out most of the match in the spawn. And imagine that.. we lost.

There NEEDS to a be a sharp, stinging, NASTY penalty for these (*&%## individuals. I recall last season some yay hoo doing the same thing, and taunting the team that we could go ahead and report him, nothing was going to happen.

Suggestion 1: Any player receives 30 reports by other players needs to be reviewed. Yes, this is more work for Arena Net people. But verification needs to be done to check for yay hoos making bad reports. After review, if the afk or dc pattern is confirmed, that player is banned from PvP for one week. No appeal.

Suggestion 2: False or bad reports earn you the same punishment as the afker. Say after 10 or 15 bad reports.

Suggestion 3: All PvPers NEED to be encouraged to make reports, even if they are not on the affected team. If all nine active players from one match report a dc or afk, then that will make Arena Net’s job MUCH easier and hasten the dismissal of unwanted afkers.

Suggestion 4: If afk/dc behavior continues after the first ban, and another 30 reports confirm that, then that player should be banned for the REST of the Current Season. Again, no appeal.

Suggestion 5: This new policy needs to be spammed to all players emails by Arena Net. In fact, it should be spammed two or three times over the course of two weeks. That way NO body will be able to whine or gripe (legitimately) when they get banned from PvP for being a (*^@#$$.

nuff said.

You can punish people if you put a surrender button. Why should i jump down to let me kitten d in every way when a match is already lost ? When you start a match and your team is wiped in 30 secs or less every time and you are 35-350 why on the earth have i to jump down ? also if i die at 360 -480 what is the meaning to jump down ?
It is not going afk , it is realizing that match is lost and accepting it

in PvP

Posted by: Troll.7854

Troll.7854

butt i got to plat during s5 b4 i entered dragon rank s6

Thane X- worst pleb NA