AFK leaderboards

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Sezz.3029

Sezz.3029

Everybody who is on top is afk. They started the season early and got some wins and now they’re afk. Ty for coming back to your old ways anet.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

That isn’t true at all on EU. You queue most evenings and almost everyone in the top 200 will be on and queuing actively.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Sezz.3029

That isn’t true at all on EU. You queue most evenings and almost everyone in the top 200 will be on and queuing actively.

nice joke

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

nice joke

Its true, but you dont have to believe me

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Check the leaderboard then perhaps explain what exactly is the joke. The top 4 EU only have 300+ games played each.

Attachments:

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

Check the leaderboard then perhaps explain what exactly is the joke. The top 4 EU only have 300+ games played each.

First of all it is about 400+ if you can count at all.

Second – you can see most of people in that list streaming or queueing with someone who streams every time they play, and that happens almost every day. Helseth, Drazeh, Zan, Misha, Sind, Obindo – they are all active players just like most of the top 250. The whole point of PvP is to play it and if you’re not doing it (on eu) you will be quickly pushed down by active players.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

I’d believe it if you said NA.
EU is far more active and less just people trying to abuse the system.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

First of all it is about 400+ if you can count at all.

Second – you can see most of people in that list streaming or queueing with someone who streams every time they play, and that happens almost every day. Helseth, Drazeh, Zan, Misha, Sind, Obindo – they are all active players just like most of the top 250. The whole point of PvP is to play it and if you’re not doing it (on eu) you will be quickly pushed down by active players.

What exactly your post has to do with me asking the OP what is the joke about the EU leaderboard? Second, you say I can’t count, but, you know, I mentioned top 4 and ROM doesn’t have 400 games played yet…

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Sezz.3029

Yeah i meant NA

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

And yet rank 9 on that pic has 20 games compared to the near 400 games from the top players,

( not sure when you took that screen shot but ) it does make it a joke when someone can get great placement results, get placed into top 20 say, and they AFK for 3 days, play 1 game, AFK for 3 days, this is where ANET really need to look hard at how the decay works, that player maybe very well a top player in EU, but they are no where near putting in the same effort as the others.

When you can be ranked in the top 10 of anything with less than 10% of the games that most players have around you, something is broken.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

If it was true, i wouldn’t be sitting with gold teammates facing top 5 duoqs.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

5-12 PM is the only time you will get good matches though

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Well, the no1 EU in that picture has won 345 games and lost 68 so that’s 413 games played total. Assuming 8-9 minute matches, that’s 3304 to 3717 minutes which is 55.06 to 61.95 hours total over the season.

The season has been open for 39 days, so assuming he plays every single day that’s 1.41 to 1.58 hours in pvp per day, not counting queues and ready up time. I’d hardly call that afk.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Everybody who is on top is afk. They started the season early and got some wins and now they’re afk. Ty for coming back to your old ways anet.

It is pretty amazing how a-net goes in circles development wise. Everything old is new again in A-nets world. Same problems same solutions which lead to the same problesm and solutions. Its an infinity loop of stupidity. I mean we have never seen people playing very rarely to protect ratinging before have we? Of course we have the last time we had MMR based leader boards a few years back. Don’t get me wrong the bare bones of this system is probably the best they have come up with so far but lots of tweaks are needed to iron this thing out.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I have normal office job so i wouldn’t be able to play in odd hours (e.g. 5 am – 2 pm) beside weekend (and vacation duhh) anyway. The problem is there even during prime time.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I have normal office job so i wouldn’t be able to play in odd hours (e.g. 5 am – 2 pm) beside weekend (and vacation duhh) anyway. The problem is there even during prime time.

Yeh but its not as bad. It is because of duo queue anyway. Imagine you have the following ratings queued:

Those 10 get matched in a game and the system tries to make a fair match. IF it was solo queue then you could have the flexibility to make a fair match (one 2100 player on each team).

However if the 2100 people are duo queue always together then the system cannot make a fair match. And so you get a bunch of lopsided matches which were predefined in outcome by the matchmaker.

Someone in platinum will never get good matches until it is solo queue only.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

345 games and lost 68

A 83% winrate means there is some sketchy bullkitten going on.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

345 games and lost 68

No, nothing is going on. He is one of the best in the game and Duo queues with the best. It’s expected and balanced out by their rating gains (+1 / +5) and losses (-20 / -35).

It would be sketchy bullkitten if some nonamer with 20-1 score was #1.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

345 games and lost 68

No, nothing is going on. He is one of the best in the game and Duo queues with the best. It’s expected and balanced out by their rating gains (+1 / +5) and losses (-20 / -35).

83% winrate means that the matchmaker is failing.

Likely he isn’t getting the matchups he should be getting because of the low queueing population on EU, which leads to runaway rating inflation due to the MM not being able to find him proper opponents.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

345 games and lost 68

Likely he isn’t getting the matchups he should be getting because of the low queueing population on EU, which leads to runaway rating inflation due to the MM not being able to find him proper opponents.

That is correct. Population not big enough. Queue time could be probably longer to seek better matches. But in addition to this, ability to Duo Q is also a contributor to that 83%.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

345 games and lost 68

Which is what I said. The MM does fail because of duo queue. It means every game the top people play they are the favourites if they queue with other top people. The result is a lot of one sided matches and a terrible experience for alot of people.

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Yeh but its not as bad. It is because of duo queue anyway. Imagine you have the following ratings queued:

Those 10 get matched in a game and the system tries to make a fair match. IF it was solo queue then you could have the flexibility to make a fair match (one 2100 player on each team).

However if the 2100 people are duo queue always together then the system cannot make a fair match. And so you get a bunch of lopsided matches which were predefined in outcome by the matchmaker.

How would you explain matches with double duoq of top 10 on one team and below 1800 on other team? This happens a lot. MM doesn’t even attempt to split those duos between 2 teams.

All is Vain~

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

How would you explain matches with double duoq of top 10 on one team and below 1800 on other team? This happens a lot. MM doesn’t even attempt to split those duos between 2 teams.

Thats a bug, evan confirmed it

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

In regard to matches played the top 4 are fine, but you don’t have to go far to see the joke when number 9 has played 20 games…

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

345 games and lost 68

Theres actually a problem where match with substitutes end been one sided because the MM dont reorder the teams, check Evan posts in dev track, i think he said it about 10 days ago.

It happens in 3% of the matches. This affect a lot the extremes because substitutes have high chances to not been on par with the guys they replace. So matches with this problem in extremes arent “fair” and inflate the top ranked win ratios (interact with the duo/ higher mmr problem, their teams can get a relativly lower replaced, the other teams, will have a worst time with one replacement).

Fix will come anyway, still best season by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. Skill>>>>>>Grind.

Edit: Anyway its expected that matches on extreme tend to favor the winratios of the best players, however as you put they need it to mantain their MMR. And yeah duos at that level generate a heavy impact.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Sezz.3029

Grind your way to the top boys, that’s what Anet wants

AFK leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Technically speaking, it’s not grinding if you do 10 placement matches then stop to sit at the top.