AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Seriously wtf anet. What are you even doing.

You make a game and then you put in this build with spirits where I can’t actually see ANYTHING EVER.

I don’t care about balance. But having a mechanic which literally turns every fight into a clusterkitten is a complete disgrace.

Do you really not see how kittening stupid it is to be playing a game where your whole screen is just full of SPAM and visual pollution. It renders the whole game unplayable to any level whatsoever.

Like I said, I dont care if there are counters to spirit rangers or if they aren’t that OP. They should be USELESS. Utterly useless. Mechanics which mean you can’t SEE ANYTHING are BAD.

How is this hard to grasp? If there was ever a place for knee jerk balancing it is here. I am not asking for Ai builds to be “shaved down”, I am saying they should be destroyed in pvp. Because it renders the whole game pointless and terrible.

You sit on your arses doing lame balance changes. kitten that. Balance is secondary. How about making it so I can actually see what I am doing when I play this joke of a game. People have even shown you screenshots and you still don’t get it.

About 3 months and 6 patches and you still haven’t cleaned up your game? But hey, maybe this is what you intend and other games will soon follow suit. Maybe seeing the success of GW2 pvp battlefield 4 will introduce the “Minion class” who just runs around and your opponents just see 1000 moving images on the screen so they cant do anything by spray randomly and hope to hit someone.

This game is a complete joke to me and it is purely because I can’t actually play it because you put in:
1, Powerful AI spam to clutter up my screen
2, kittening tiny characters which nobody can see

This game is dead. Wake up and quit everyone. They dont have a clue.

“After pax” they will fix things. Nah. BS. Lame game.

Edit: Same with minions which could become a thing soon

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

If there was ever a place for knee jerk balancing it is here.

Hmm. Can’t agree.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Cheri Wolf.3056

Cheri Wolf.3056

Sounds like you don’t know how to target correctly

But yesm ai is pretty lame.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Sounds like you don’t know how to target correctly

But yesm ai is pretty lame.

Not really seen as every team I play in I primarily am the one calling all the targets.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Lowest Animal.8014

Lowest Animal.8014

I think AI minions play style is fine in PvE and WvW but I don’t think it should have a place in competitive PvP anymore than full zerker 5 signet warrior should have a place. People want to see players outplay players not AI body blocking, cluttering the screen and passively winning the fight.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Gunlaugr.2716

Gunlaugr.2716

Completely agree Henry. It is absolutely INFURIATING how much visual clutter is on the screen in anything greater than a 2v2 fight, and if a spirit ranger is involved it’s enough to make a total mess by itself. It’s completely detrimental to target acquirement. Before balance and build variety comes playability: It doesn’t matter that the game is balanced or not if you can’t even play properly without resorting to spamming because you can’t properly observe what your opponents are doing – and where they are.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

just interesting how all of you forum masters have problems with max 4 spirits but at same time nobody of you cry about the mesmer illus :P

spirits do not attack and if they do its not hard to see.
btw the ranger have to time this attacks by himself not the spirits do it for you like the mesmer illus duellist and all this crap do.
the spirits just give the swiftness, protection and burning each 10 seconds, thats the 3 passives of this build with the condi remove trait.

if you have problems to target a spirit ranger you should switch the game.
i dont know how u guys can target a mesmer then,
also i dont know how the hole forum masters think the mesmer is to weak, you guys sleep on your forum topics instead playing.
look online, mesmer is for sure viable and rly strong, there are much mesmers running around again.

but im sure the mesmer whine will come after next patch also again.
its always something to whine in this forum.
you guys will be never happy. there is so much kitten talk about this bad condi meta and so much hate against other classes without reason.
its always so interesting how much time many guys waste to create hate topics against any profession, theres always ~80% crap and lies to read, because this guys have no idea about gameplay and class mechanics,
there is nearly in each topic always the same player names to read and this names write bullkitten like hell.
just bad that anet listen to such craptalk topics.

about the meta cry,
the hole forum was also cry about the old meta gameplay, there was the
bunker meta cry, the burst meta cry, the condi meta cry and now some cc meta cry. gogo keep it going.
good players always win, dont care about meta.

i dont see a condi meta atm when a teams run like

warrior = dps and cc
guardian = low dps and bunker
necro = condi dmg
spirit ranger = condi dmg
s/d thief = dps

warrior = dps and cc
mesmer = dps
bomb engin = condi dmg and decap
necro = condi dmg

ele = dps
s/d thief = dps
warrior = dps
necro = condi dmg

guardian = dps
warrior = dps and cc
backstab thief = dps
necro = dps
yes the eu guild shad was running this setup at a condi meta and won against good teams with this

bom engin engin = condi dmg and decap
spirit ranger shaman = bunker/condi
spirit ranger shaman = bunker/condi
yes theres a team trolling around with this setup.

all of this setups i meet when i play on top 100 ladder,
so i think i dont meet only bad players with this setups.

atm all classes have 1 strong build, its just a meta questions and meta setups dont means they are the best choose.
truth is you guys camp on forum and cry till any streaming player try any new build and most players just copy it.
dont know how less ppls try around to create own builds instead copy it and speak about meta and only way to play/win.
how long time was need to find out “oh warrior is so strong”
it was like ~3 weeks “condi meta” without warrior.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

^ That post makes no sense whatsoever and is just total BS. Lol @ people copy streaming players builds. Hardly likely seen as nobody watches gw2 streams at all. Check the numbers.

Also you might want to learn maths. 1 spirit ranger = 6 characters on the screen. That is almost a kittening zerg.

6 is a bigger number than 1 (its true google it). Thus, when there are 6 things on your screen it is harder to see anything than when there is 1 thing on your screen. Identifying important things amongst this spam is impossible.

Owned.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

just interesting how all of you forum masters have problems with max 4 spirits but at same time nobody of you cry about the mesmer illus :P

Mesmer mechanic is terribad just like the ranger one. I can not stand that class. Dunno why must be those pink butterflies. Ranger is just as passive as the mesmer, but spirit build is nonsense. The op is correct, builds like that (spirit build) should not exist in this game. It’s too late and the devs don’t really realize how bad this issue is. We don’t need a way to make targeting easier, I don’t give a kitten about targeting if there are tons of ai-controlled pets, minions and other crap around plus tons of effects cluttering the screen. That’s not fixing the problem, that’s avoiding it.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

AI shouldn’t not have a place in PvP if your only grounds are simple because its AI, or because you can’t target. The visuals of spirits are annoying, but they are pretty unique to that, you don’t get that kind of visual clutter from any other summons, its because of the bright, obnoxious visuals and the fact that they all stand in a giant group with each other.

The problem with spirits is that they take very little thought to use well, because nearly all their strength is in their passive effects. Just by having them summoned in a fight, they are doing the vast majority of their job. Necro minions are much more well implemented in that respect because their passive strength is relatively low compared to appropriately using their actives, and even making sure they are AAing constantly.

Also, spirits barely even count as AI in my book. You need a trait to even get them to move, other than that they literally do nothing that requires AI. No auto attacks, nothing special, no pathing to targets or anything, they just sit there and throw buffs all over the place.

As for other AI, I agree they shouldn’t have a place if they did all the work for you, but spirits (and to a lesser degree turrets) aside they don’t. If you actually think playing all AI builds is easy, you just have no idea what you’re talking about, or have only seen them played at such a low level that it is all that happens.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

All who cant target player and dont like pvp in this game just quit please and dont spam forum with your problems or adapt to it like others have.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

All who cant target player and dont like pvp in this game just quit please and dont spam forum with your problems or adapt to it like others have.

They did quit already

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Personally, I could care less if we removed all AI classes from the game. Out of the 3 main offenders, I see rangers as being the least dangerous by far. The spirits only take a couple seconds to kill so just kill them as you are tabbing through – problem solved!

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Its fine that there is AI in pvp.
Other games have AI without the issue.

The great forum duppy.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I completely disagree with the topic.

It is stupid and just needs to be deleted.

I like AI pets and I hope Anet never change it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

I think AI minions play style is fine in PvE and WvW but I don’t think it should have a place in competitive PvP anymore than full zerker 5 signet warrior should have a place. People want to see players outplay players not AI body blocking, cluttering the screen and passively winning the fight.

This. May be minion utility skill sets should be changed to something else in pvp.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

^ That post makes no sense whatsoever and is just total BS. Lol @ people copy streaming players builds. Hardly likely seen as nobody watches gw2 streams at all. Check the numbers.

Also you might want to learn maths. 1 spirit ranger = 6 characters on the screen. That is almost a kittening zerg.

6 is a bigger number than 1 (its true google it). Thus, when there are 6 things on your screen it is harder to see anything than when there is 1 thing on your screen. Identifying important things amongst this spam is impossible.

Owned.

First, Oidmetala.8426 is right, you whine too much.

Second, 1 ranger, 3 spirits, and 1 pet= 5, not 6.

Third, as Oidmetala.8426 says, the Mesmer is much more of a culprit in terms of “passive AI” doing things for you and its whole mechanic (making targeting difficult) is basically what you think needs to be taken out of the game “NOW”.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Owned.

Third, as Oidmetala.8426 says, the Mesmer is much more of a culprit in terms of “passive AI” doing things for you and its whole mechanic (making targeting difficult) is basically what you think needs to be taken out of the game “NOW”.

First, 1 ranger, 3 spirits and 1 elite spirit and 1 pet = 6. Not 5. Maths.

Second, mesmer does clutter everything up. But that ship has sailed. It is their whole class mechanic and so can hardly be changed.

Third, You didn’t even read my post because nowhere did I moan about the passive aspect of the AI.

Reading someone’s post is usually a good precursor before responding if you want anyone to take your response seriously. I couldn’t care less about passive gameplay. All I care about is being able to see what I am fighting with and against.

Fourthly, people usually use " " to quote what someone says. As I never said or suggested anything about “passive ai” then I dont get your point. Reading is really not that difficult.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

People who say mesmer is passive are funny.

People who think they are entitled to make forum call to arms are also funny.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Owned.

Second, mesmer does clutter everything up. But that ship has sailed. It is their whole class mechanic and so can hardly be changed.

Third, You didn’t even read my post because nowhere did I moan about the passive aspect of the AI.

Reading someone’s post is usually a good precursor before responding if you want anyone to take your response seriously. I couldn’t care less about passive gameplay. All I care about is being able to see what I am fighting with and against.

I read your post, and after I finished vomiting from having to take in all the sickening hyperbole and self-aggrandizement, I came to the conclusion that you probably need to go and get some eye-glasses. Jins PC have these really cool prescription glasses specially made for gamers with a sudden case of Spirit Ranger envy.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Owned.

I read your post, and after I finished vomiting from having to take in all the sickening the hyperbole and self-aggrandizement, I came to the conclusion that you probably need to go and get some eye-glasses. Jins PC have these really cool prescription glasses specially made for gamers with a sudden case of Spirit Ranger envy.

Aha so you couldn’t respond to all my reasoned points so you just made some lame point above nothing at all. I guess I win.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

It’s amazing. In DAoC there were hundreds of things going on during massive fights, but everything had it’s own specific icon and you always knew what was going on, and that games pushing 13 years old at least.

2013, Anet, get it together, pretty sad when mmos that are outdated and more than a decade old have better mechanics than yours does today.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Owned.

I read your post, and after I finished vomiting from having to take in all the sickening the hyperbole and self-aggrandizement, I came to the conclusion that you probably need to go and get some eye-glasses. Jins PC have these really cool prescription glasses specially made for gamers with a sudden case of Spirit Ranger envy.

Aha so you couldn’t respond to all my reasoned points so you just made some lame point above nothing at all. I guess I win.

Well no doubt in your own mind you always win. But seriously, why are you suddenly going on about spirit rangers cluttering up the screen when they have been this way since day one, and I am pretty sure you have been around the whole time as well?

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Owned.

Well no doubt in your own mind you always win. But seriously, why are you suddenly going on about spirit rangers cluttering up the screen when they have been this way since day one, and I am pretty sure you have been around the whole time as well?

What do you mean suddenly going on about it? Is that relevant? My post is about seeing what is going on. I said many times I dont care about passive play – some people like it – and I dont care about balance. I just care about actually being able to play the game.

If you enjoy playing with tiny asuras behind 5 Ai spirits and pets AND other players and effects. Then good for you. But I do NOT like this because I like to see and respond to what is happening and not just spam stuff. Sometimes I don’t even know how many people are at a point for some time because of the amount of clutter on the battlefield.

Again, if you have a different opinion good for you. I dont. So I made this thread to moan about it.

I dont care about being constructive because it isnt my job to do that. I say what I think and the devs can do their job and respond to the feedback from the players. And I dont care about reading replies from people who just take what I say and twist it into an arguement about passive play when that is nothing to do with the topic. If you want to discuss passive play make your own thread.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

If spirits are this hard you must have a real tough time against those engie turrets. Last time I checked, those things could even attack!

Ranger | Elementalist

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

If spirits are this hard you must have a real tough time against those engie turrets. Last time I checked, those things could even attack!

Turrets are terrible too. When an engi drops his elite and there is a couple of spirit rangers then all kinds of fun results.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Owned.

What do you mean suddenly going on about it? Is that relevant? My post is about seeing what is going on. I said many times I dont care about passive play – some people like it – and I dont care about balance. I just care about actually being able to play the game.

If you enjoy playing with tiny asuras behind 5 Ai spirits and pets AND other players and effects. Then good for you. But I do NOT like this because I like to see and respond to what is happening and not just spam stuff. Sometimes I don’t even know how many people are at a point for some time because of the amount of clutter on the battlefield.

Yeah it is relevant. Suddenly after a year of moaning about this and that, you decide it is time to focus on how spirit rangers clutter up the game. Suddenly “NOW” is the time for the devs to get off their “ kitten s doing lame balance changes”.

If this was such a big issue, one that demands insulting the devs and taking shots at anyone who disagrees with you, why have you only “woken up” to it now?

I agree that tiny asura and a multitude of effects and minions clutters up the game and makes it difficult to target or read the animations so that you can respond appropriately, but that was apparent to me after the first couple of months.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Owned.

Yeah it is relevant. Suddenly after a year of moaning about this and that, you decide it is time to focus on how spirit rangers clutter up the game. Suddenly “NOW” is the time for the devs to get off their “ kitten s doing lame balance changes”.

If this was such a big issue, one that demands insulting the devs and taking shots at anyone who disagrees with you, why have you only “woken up” to it now?

I agree that tiny asura and a multitude of effects and minions clutters up the game and makes it difficult to target or read the animations so that you can respond appropriately, but that was apparent to me after the first couple of months.

Always a problem. But one which reached disastrous proportions when spirit rangers got buffed to be useful. That is even more visual spam to go on top of the already high visual spam. I haven’t suddenly woken up to it. I quit the game (more or less) over it. I am on a mission to spread the word about how lame this issue is though because I do enjoy the game and the people I play with in the game. So I would like to continue playing it.

And “sitting on their kitten s doing lame balance changes” is an expression that means all the balance changes in the world don’t matter when it doesn’t fix the issue of being able to see what you are doing when you play the game.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

dont feed the troll

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

dont feed the troll

I dont think you know what a troll is. Someone who posts an opinion different to yours is not a troll. Someone who doesnt engage in an arguement but just insults people (calling them trolls) when they disagree with them. They are trolls. You will learn. Keep up the good work.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Owned.

Always a problem. But one which reached disastrous proportions when spirit rangers got buffed to be useful. That is even more visual spam to go on top of the already high visual spam. I haven’t suddenly woken up to it. I quit the game (more or less) over it. I am on a mission to spread the word about how lame this issue is though because I do enjoy the game and the people I play with in the game. So I would like to continue playing it.

And “sitting on their kitten s doing lame balance changes” is an expression that means all the balance changes in the world don’t matter when it doesn’t fix the issue of being able to see what you are doing when you play the game.

So what is a viable alternative to what we have now? Short of deleting Mesmer, taking out spirits, limiting minions to say two, and making asura enlarged in pvp, do you see any reasonable way- I mean implementable way given the framework of the game- to cut down on the clutter?

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

The only option i see is to wait and hope wildstar is good.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

hello pve and vertical progression in pvp.
gw2 is/was rpgmmos last hope for decent pvp

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I have little hope for wildstar, and any chances of me playing it died when it became sub-based.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Wildstar combat system already seems terrible.

Smite combat system is terrible too, altough it’s skillful like GW2 may only dream to be like.

GW2 devs made the perfect machine, yet they’re doing everything in their hands to ruin it.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Owned.

snip

So what is a viable alternative to what we have now? Short of deleting Mesmer, taking out spirits, limiting minions to say two, and making asura enlarged in pvp, do you see any reasonable way- I mean implementable way given the framework of the game- to cut down on the clutter?

What? Didnt I say they can’t change mesmers? This whole thread is about making spirits and minions useless in pvp so people don’t run them, because running them means pvp doesnt exist beyond mindless spam. That is the alternative. You seriously don’t read anything anyone writes.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

best fix to spirit ranger is to just remove the trait that lets them follow.

all spirits become skillshots with far less clutter.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

lol so i like how when you reply to my name turns into kitten s.7421.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

The problem isn’t the fact that you can’t properly target people (which is still a problem, but it will be fixed in the next balancing patch hopefully), the problem is that you can’t see animations at all when fighting in that huge mess, which is relevant when you consider that GW2 is completely animation based.

What is making this even worse are the presence of Asuras in PvP.

So, pretty much an average PvP player has to see the animations of small rats among an huge mess of big AI entities wandering around all balled up in a single capture point…

Also, another problem is the AoE capped at 5 people affected. That means that if you use an AoE, there are lower chances that you are actually getting the true player instead of one of those unkillable AI entities.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Yasha.5963

What? Didnt I say they can’t change mesmers? This whole thread is about making spirits and minions useless in pvp so people don’t run them, because running them means pvp doesnt exist beyond mindless spam. That is the alternative. You seriously don’t read anything anyone writes.

No you didn’t say that. Well, following your logic I guess they could make Mesmer clones/phantasms, ranger spirits, and minions useless, then give asura a growth hormone. Yeah, sounds like a great plan.

However, I’m sure you’d be back here moaning about something else soon enough.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Ya GW2 was a PvE game for the truly awful and unskilled player to be able to coast through even the “explorable” mode content…

PvP was an after thought, in which the only contribution was something along the lines of

“We want to be an esport, so lets make the game more entertaining to watch even if you dont know anything about the mechanics of the game.” So downed states and stomping were fpisted upon us, and all who said it was a downgrade from traditional team tactics were told to shut up and summarily kicked from alpha.

THEN. Since PvP evolves it’s own content in the form of Meta shifts, anet decided that minimal resourves need be allocated to the PvP team. They then launched with no spectator mode, no ranking, and one bad game mode

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

Ok as mesmer I have learned to tell what a mesmer is. Lol play one for the sake of anything you love, try it, you will learn mesmers are easy to target, just hit them with a slight AoE , first one to flinch dodge roll and run away and not auto chase you is the real one. My only main problem is Asura chars and either necro or mesmer class or ranger, First of all as a mesmer asura, those things animation can become hard but not bad to tell the real one from the fake one, but still, for Necro, Minion Toughness Necro build with all those pets running around, its so hard to keep target of the necro itself at times, same for rangers, sometimes idk if i have targeted the ranger or the spirits, it isnt the class fault, its the race problem, Im not saying make asuras bigger, all I am saying is, seriously it can be a bit problematic when you have 5 things in one pile and you have to scramble to see the actual player from the cluster of minions or pets just covering the asura character up, meanwhile a mesmer’s illusions are more of either stationary or follow the target but dont cover up in a cluster mess the actual player.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

Ya GW2 was a PvE game for the truly awful and unskilled player to be able to coast through even the “explorable” mode content…

PvP was an after thought, in which the only contribution was something along the lines of

“We want to be an esport, so lets make the game more entertaining to watch even if you dont know anything about the mechanics of the game.” So downed states and stomping were fpisted upon us, and all who said it was a downgrade from traditional team tactics were told to shut up and summarily kicked from alpha.

THEN. Since PvP evolves it’s own content in the form of Meta shifts, anet decided that minimal resourves need be allocated to the PvP team. They then launched with no spectator mode, no ranking, and one bad game mode

Careful that type of talk can get you in trouble around here…

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Even tho i hate to agree with Lordrosicky cause he is so full of himself (he always bash how pro player he is and other no pro players shouldnt taken into account by Anet), i will agree..
For the first time he wasnt offensive and inmature and he said something really cool..
Enough with the AI,not only Rangers AI..Ok you want the pet to be AI,you dont want to give Rangers tools to control it but enough with the creatures in the screen..
Noone likes it,didnt you figure it out yet..?
Seriously dont you guys see that the only reason ppl are still playing GW2 pvp is cause of the combat system..
Everything else is problematic.Dont you see that the top teams are quitting?Where is Team Curse,wheres Teldo?I dont know what your numbers say but i can say for sure that this is a downfall..

(edited by Dardamaniac.1295)

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: WAGNTER PEZZT.8172

WAGNTER PEZZT.8172

+50 Henry see you in other games henry , i really enjoy playing with you but im gonna quit also gw2 , i back 1 mounth ago and im gonna quit already…. See you in wildstar or other games ,!!
salut!
Slowkin

(edited by WAGNTER PEZZT.8172)

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I totally agree with the titled but I made a modification to it, Elementalist in PvP, Wake up NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

With that said, it is easy to QQ (we all do it, I do it all the time like above), but you have to provide solutions that are actually feasible.

So far, I haven’t seen any solution you have presented that would make it better in your opinion or even link to any solutions. The ones you have presented, are NEVER going to happen, getting rid of a class mechanic completely to solve the issue you are having is not going to happen, you have to work within the system that exist.

Personally, I think that they should slow down the game a little slow which will allow people to react more tactically and not just simply spamming or relying completely on reflex. Or fixing the targetting system to be a little more freeform (like TERA but I suspect that aint going to happen).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I totally agree with the titled but I made a modification to it, Elementalist in PvP, Wake up NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

With that said, it is easy to QQ (we all do it, I do it all the time like above), but you have to provide solutions that are actually feasible.

So far, I haven’t seen any solution you have presented that would make it better in your opinion or even link to any solutions. The ones you have presented, are NEVER going to happen, getting rid of a class mechanic completely to solve the issue you are having is not going to happen, you have to work within the system that exist.

Personally, I think that they should slow down the game a little slow which will allow people to react more tactically and not just simply spamming or relying completely on reflex. Or fixing the targetting system to be a little more freeform (like TERA but I suspect that aint going to happen).

Solutions is the devs job and any change must be tested.

Off the top of my head I would do the following;

1, Reduce minions HP by 33% in pvp
2, Reduce spirit HP by 33% in pvp
3, Reduce turret HP by 10% in pvp

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Solutions is the devs job and any change must be tested.

Off the top of my head I would do the following;

1, Reduce minions HP by 33% in pvp
2, Reduce spirit HP by 33% in pvp
3, Reduce turret HP by 10% in pvp

Ultimately, the solutions are the devs job, but suggestions are just that SUGGESTIONS.

The thing is, it is easy to complain but if you offer nothing to lead them to a path that would make YOU feel better, since you are the one who is complaining then it solves nothing. What if the solution they provide isn’t what you envisioned, then you will be back to square one.

Secondly, DEVS don’t always have the answer. Players tend to be more free thinking than devs because devs are usually looking at things from a bigger picture, but the little ideas can spur a light bulb. A bunch of self interest post might lead to a spark.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laxyoaHOP1c

Nothing more, l2target

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

AI in pvp. Wake up NOW

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Mesmer mechanic is terribad just like the ranger one. I can not stand that class. Dunno why must be those pink butterflies. Ranger is just as passive as the mesmer, but spirit build is nonsense. The op is correct, builds like that (spirit build) should not exist in this game. It’s too late and the devs don’t really realize how bad this issue is. We don’t need a way to make targeting easier, I don’t give a kitten about targeting if there are tons of ai-controlled pets, minions and other crap around plus tons of effects cluttering the screen. That’s not fixing the problem, that’s avoiding it.

Phantasm mesmer is passive. Every other mesmer build is one of the most active playstyles in the game…. Def not spamming one, def no cheese builds out side of phantasm…. And also not fitting into the stupid condi meta atm.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer