ANET: Class Stacking for Season 5?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Q:

Since the complaints of solo/duo vs premades has been addressed for Season 5, will the other major issue in PvP (Class Stacking) also be looked at?

The fact that Class Stacking is not allowed in ESL games shows that ANET knows stacking is an issue. Its definitely an issue in ranked play and the reason why some classes (most actually) are better when stacked vs when alone.

Most common suggestion is to not allow more than 2 of a particular class.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

PvP community is too far on life support a hair away from being completely dead. ANet just can’t afford to do it without making people Queue times super long at current population levels. ANet dropped the ball big time by letting the solo/duo queuer being effortlessly farmed by pre mades for too long, and class stacking on top of it.

Honestly I believe ANet should just scrap the current iteration of Conquest in GW2 altogether. It simply does not mix well at all with a competitive pvp mode and the HoT Elite Specs.

After playing games like Smite, ESO (pre Dark Brotherhood DLC), Elite Dangerous, ARK, and others. You eventually realized that ANet has thrown away any potential for GW2 in WvW or PvP to become actually competitive skill-based game modes. GW2 is nothing more but a hyper casual MMO, with little to no emphasis on actually player skill, as the other games I’ve listed have/had.

Just enjoy the causal ride. Use GW2 as a break-away vacation, from the more serious games, MMOs, MOBAs. In my honest opinion ANet has allowed GW2 to go too far down hill for any recovery (other then ANet completely recoded and redesigning both WvW, and PvP game modes.) But again this is just my personal opinion.

I am a man of many games. So I game hop around alot. Having one primary, and upto 2 to 3 side games at a time(Sub or B2P based). So it’s easy for me to look at things from other point of views.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

After playing games like Smite, ESO (pre Dark Brotherhood DLC), Elite Dangerous, ARK, and others. You eventually realized that ANet has thrown away any potential for GW2 in WvW or PvP to become actually competitive skill-based game modes. GW2 is nothing more but a hyper casual MMO, with little to no emphasis on actually player skill, as the other games I’ve listed have/had.

I don’t play the others, but am currently subbed to ESO, and I can say that player skill-wise, it’s not higher at all. The fact that you have zero cooldowns (beside ultimates) means that there is much more leeway for mess ups and when you cast things. Cast something into a block? Cast it again.

The only PvP in ESO is equivalent to WvW here. I agree that the general WvW tactics required in ESO is higher than the zerg blob nonsense we have in WvW here, but that doesn’t correlate to individual skill/small scaled conquest.

The only form of “skill” that is present in ESO and not in GW2 is the fact that there is an ICD on when someone gets CC’ed, so you need to know when your CCs will start working again.

Kiss the chaos.

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

I would like to see only one of each class matched into a team unless you queue as duo. It would mean you cannot relog to switch classes after matchmaking. There could be a class based mmr – not acount based as it is now. And MM could create teams with at least 1 support and 1 mobility class. Though I think this wont happen as it would require to much effort to develop. And the player base might not be big enough to support that either.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Max of 2 of any class in a team is still better than what we have now. I don’t think they need to make it 1 of each class.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I would like to see class stacking eliminated. Doing so improved ESL.

The problem is that ANET has consistently left some means of farming in every season. I think that this is deliberate, though I can’t fathom why.

Perhaps they hope to appease some particular player population.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Removing class stacking will only temporarily make queue times longer. But with more fun games, more players will join the game which will make queue times shorter. That is, unless Anet finds some way to make games super unfun again…that seems like something easy for them to do.

in PvP

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

And so here again I see the classic thread about the class stacking ‘issue’ and again I cringe.

1) Class stacking restrictions were added to ESL as a result of the season 1 meta. Teams could compete with only 2 builds, bunker mesmer and condition mallyx. ArenaNet has vastly improved their game since then in terms of balance and the builds that were simply broken in season one such as cele ele, scrapper and the ones mentioned before are now balanced. The only exception being bunker mesmer which was overnerfed out of the game.
2) There is no class in this videogame worth stacking more than 2 in one team. Sure, maybe running 4 dragonhunters or 4 reapers can get you out of amber quickly but I’d say at around Sapphire people have already learned how to dodge and the setup stops working. Complaining about multiple dhs, necros and pretty much any class but revenant is just a l2p issue.
3) Being able to change your team’s setup accordingly in the pre-game is one of the better features we have in PvP, I suggest you learn how to use it.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

And so here again I see the classic thread about the class stacking ‘issue’ and again I cringe.

1) Class stacking restrictions were added to ESL as a result of the season 1 meta. Teams could compete with only 2 builds, bunker mesmer and condition mallyx. ArenaNet has vastly improved their game since then in terms of balance and the builds that were simply broken in season one such as cele ele, scrapper and the ones mentioned before are now balanced. The only exception being bunker mesmer which was overnerfed out of the game.
2) There is no class in this videogame worth stacking more than 2 in one team. Sure, maybe running 4 dragonhunters or 4 reapers can get you out of amber quickly but I’d say at around Sapphire people have already learned how to dodge and the setup stops working. Complaining about multiple dhs, necros and pretty much any class but revenant is just a l2p issue.
3) Being able to change your team’s setup accordingly in the pre-game is one of the better features we have in PvP, I suggest you learn how to use it.

I don’t agree, having multiple dh or druid is a major advantage. Yes, I remember the season 1 farm teams of 5 dh.

DH stacks have continued to be a problem, but some of the anger may be shock effect from the way overtuned traps early on. They got the reputation of being way OP.

Each time Mesmer rises above trash tier it has to deal with screams of OP, so welcome to the club.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

PvP community is too far on life support a hair away from being completely dead. ANet just can’t afford to do it without making people Queue times super long at current population levels. ANet dropped the ball big time by letting the solo/duo queuer being effortlessly farmed by pre mades for too long, and class stacking on top of it.

Two myths I like to correct.

If Anet was worried about player seperation amd queue times then they wouldn’t have added a new gamemode. Queue times wouldn’t suddenly increase by 2 minutes. It’ll barely change.

“Farming” in mmo’s is considered the most efficient way to grind out something. There’s not enough premades in the game to “farm” anyone. If there’s no other premades, the team would be waiting for 10m at a time. A very inefficient way to reach legendary.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Saiyan

Sorry the reality in-game contradicts what you are saying. It has done for 4 seasons now. Farming is very much a thing in PvP.

I’ve just come from another awful match and 400 point loss. This is all too common. Over and above any “balance” issues, the reason that ANET eSports hasn’t come to pass is the matchmaking.

If ANET cannot provide fun and fairly even matches, PvP will continue to decline.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

my opinion eliminate class swap once builds are implemented assuming they will be…

i play mainly necro and we all know how reliant necro is on support atm…i normally run condi meta necro as long as i have the support to keep me up or rez me i should say…

however if my team doesnt have support i normally swap to a more tanky build by swaping to another necro on my acct thats setup previously that way… if i could swap builds quickly and painlessly before each match to suite my comps needs i see no reason why we cant get rid of class swapping…

in summary- at build templates and THEN and only then eleminate class stacking which i agree is a problem….

(edited by Nova.3817)

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I think some of the issues that class stacking brings will be mitigated by the new solo/duo q system. For example you cant form a team of 4 DH or 4 Minion Necros (like I came across last week). Sure you can switch into those classes but the communication will be less.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Yeah no, dealing with stacked DHs is not a L2P issue. Their traps exploit the core of conquest, which is defending points. I don’t find myself bothered by 1-2 DHs on a team, but 2-3 on a single point is overkill. Perhaps a similarly-stacked FA ele team could beat them if they properly dodged SoJ, but in general fighting multiple DHs on-point is a no-go, that’s an issue of game mechanics not skill. Foefire’s large midpoint would be the exception.

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Though not always the problem, I think profession dailies contribute to the class stacking issue a fair amount. At the very least, if profession dailies were removed (and replaced with something else) I think that would help.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Though not always the problem, I think profession dailies contribute to the class stacking issue a fair amount. At the very least, if profession dailies were removed (and replaced with something else) I think that would help.

Can I +2 this? The dailies aren’t a horrible idea, Anet keeps players on by encouraging them to explore the very cool and unique possibilities that each profession offers. But they should be excluded from ranked, even during the off-season. In unranked I don’t really expect good teams either way.