ANet please no thief stacking try it

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

For 1 season just try implementing no thief stacking, please.

You are allowing for really awkward situations when both players can’t multi-class

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

This has been an before seasons existed. It will never pass

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

But but but thief is OP!!!!

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

I would love for ANet to actually comment on this one time. I’ve never seen them bring up numbers or their stance on stacking builds that have no point presence.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

ive played doubloe thief vs top tier competition and did well. Dont see the problem

in PvP

Posted by: Starlett.9087

Starlett.9087

A worst problem than thief stacking is that 90% of you thinks that condi thief is the way to go

in PvP

Cynz.9437

A worst problem than thief stacking is that 90% of you thinks that condi thief is the way to go

and your statement is based on which statistics exactly?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You are allowing for really awkward situations when both players can’t multi-class

I pretty sure Anet’s solution is too keep nerfing thief counters every patch until thief stacking becomes meta.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I suppor tthe idea of no class stacking but it should be done before the match starts where ppl say if they are ready or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Hah, as a Thief Main who learnt to multiclass because of this issue. I don’t see the problem. Something like this can be used as a drive to practice other classes (which I believe every (Thief) Player should do: Play what kills You and Learn from it). You can’t be a good Thief if you don’t have atleast some idea of how the other classes work, play and rotate, in my opinion.
So yeah, I play Thief 90% of the time, but for the other 10% I’m very happy to play any other class. Just got to suck it up sometimes and be the bigger man of the two Thief Players, even though you’ll often end up shouting at your screen for it, it does improve your understanding of the game, rotations, decision making and mechanical skill.

So jump into some unranked, hotjoins and 1v1 servers, git gud and be prepared to reroll. No biggie.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in PvP

Starlett.9087

Is this a serious question or just trolling?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I am serious. I rarely ever see condi thief so i am not sure where you pull your numbers.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Vornollo.5182

I am serious. I rarely ever see condi thief so i am not sure where you pull your numbers.

They are so evasive that you just don’t see them.
No, I’m not serious. I just really don’t actually see them that much either.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in PvP

Starlett.9087

Join in a random guild and/or ask radom people if they think that condi thief is strong. People who know that condi thief is kitten are not so much if you compare to the rest of the community

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Join in a random guild and/or ask radom people if they think that condi thief is strong. People who know that condi thief is kitten are not so much if you compare to the rest of the community

I am in a few guilds (mostly filthy pve’ers, myself including :P) and they don’t think condi thief is the way to go beside being stupidly annoying.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Starlett.9087

I am in a few guilds (mostly filthy pve’ers, myself including :P) and they don’t think condi thief is the way to go beside being stupidly annoying.

kitten … i feel jealous now

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I pretty sure Anet’s solution is too keep nerfing thief counters every patch until thief stacking becomes meta.

LMAO, pretty much. Incoming META in 9 months….. 3 Thieves, 1 Engi, and 1 Guardian. Guess I’m going to have to start learning Thief now aggh..

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Cynz.9437

LMAO, pretty much. Incoming META in 9 months….. 3 Thieves, 1 Engi, and 1 Guardian. Guess I’m going to have to start learning Thief now aggh..

This is actually wrong. Anet has been buffing thief counters (see DH patch notes) and nerfing thief every patch so far after initial buff to AA (once again read patch notes). The only reason why thief is viable again is because we moved away from bunker horror of s1 and revs got nerfed thus allowing thieves to play again. This will probably all change anyway once xpac comes out.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

This is actually wrong. Anet has been buffing thief counters (see DH patch notes) and nerfing thief every patch so far after initial buff to AA (once again read patch notes). The only reason why thief is viable again is because we moved away from bunker horror of s1 and revs got nerfed thus allowing thieves to play again. This will probably all change anyway once xpac comes out.

The number of nerf/buff doesn’t matter, what matters is the class’s position in the metagame. Every single patch in the last year has moved thief up in the metagame.

The most recent major balance patch was a buff to thief despite including thief nerfs. Why? Because the stability change combined with the introduction of Sigil of Absorption made thieves far more effective.

Also DH hasn’t been buffed in over a year, idk what you are tripping on.

YouTube

in PvP

Cynz.9437

The number of nerf/buff doesn’t matter, what matters is the class’s position in the metagame. Every single patch in the last year has moved thief up in the metagame.

The most recent major balance patch was a buff to thief despite including thief nerfs. Why? Because the stability change combined with the introduction of Sigil of Absorption made thieves far more effective.

Read patch notes /facepalm

All is Vain~

in PvP

Crinn.7864

No DH uses a staff. The buffs in prior patches only affected core guard and not DH.

YouTube

in PvP

Cynz.9437

No DH uses a staff. The buffs in prior patches only affected core guard and not DH.

Read patch notes -_-’

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Read patch notes -_-’

You’re right, mace also got buffed but if you get hit by faithful strike for the healing to proc, you’re terrible.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Read patch notes -_-’

You’re right, mace also got buffed but if you get hit by faithful strike for the healing to proc, you’re terrible.

Once again, read patch notes -_-

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Read patch notes -_-’

He is referring to the the addition of revealed to spear of justice. With that being said it was a tiny change compared to the many nerfs dh has suffered over that time. They have been on a whole significantly nerfed making thief stronger.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Read patch notes -_-’

He is referring to the the addition of revealed to spear of justice. With that being said it was a tiny change compared to the many nerfs dh has suffered over that time. They have been on a whole significantly nerfed making thief stronger.

Oh I knew he was referring to the spear change. Though when he said to read the patch notes, he should have said the previous patch because anyone who didn’t know about the spear would refer to the patch that had just come out and how nothing effects the Guardian vs Thief dynamic in that one.

Though your point about them being significantly nerfed is so true. Ever since the game was released, Guardian has been the class that just kills thieves without thinking about it. This has always been the case, and when DH came out and thieves complained about it killing them, I laughed. Not because DH killed thieves really well, but because nothing changed between the two classes so there was no reason to complain to begin with since even a base Guardian killed them. Ever since then, DH received constant nerfs to the point where they don’t kill thieves super easily (nothing wrong with making it a balanced matchup). The main problem that arises because of that is Thieves’ counter no longer keeps them in check.

So it says something if a class gets constant nerfs yet has managed to become meta. I believe the message is the class is OP but had something that kept them in check that now no longer does that.

Edit: Not saying Thieves are OP, I personally find them annoying but not OP, but without the nerfs they would have been OP.

(edited by Azoqu.8917)

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Main problem with thieves is they are the test between what is meta and what is not. If the build can’t deal with a thief than its not worth using. Not the thief’s fault, its just their initiative mechanic offers more damage pressure. Teams with 2 thieves can take advantage of this to quickly kill opponents. Blame anet for wanting unique mechanics when the game was created. Not allowing 2 thieves is just a band-aid fix. What you should be asking is why their mechanic gives them a dps advantage.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Main problem with thieves is they are the test between what is meta and what is not. If the build can’t deal with a thief than its not worth using. Not the thief’s fault, its just their initiative mechanic offers more damage pressure. Teams with 2 thieves can take advantage of this to quickly kill opponents. Blame anet for wanting unique mechanics when the game was created. Not allowing 2 thieves is just a band-aid fix. What you should be asking is why their mechanic gives them a dps advantage.

Then what was defining meta when nobody was playing thieves in s1 and s2?
(pulls out bucket of popcorn)

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

Didnt atleast the 200k tournaments or the pre-qualifiersof HoT had not a Thief ?
If that is seriously true , i will laugh my ass

Edit: ….kitten….. ’’LIQR’’ won with a Thief . 2-0 the ’’Vermillion’’ on the EU finals
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/99502738
02:31:51
The NA didnt have one , but they where rather tanks vs tanks zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

edit2 : techicaly its on season 2-5 era withe the Go Tournaments , but i dont remember theif to get any buff at that time , but rather some nerfs from the Revenant and Rangers Smokescale pet and some OP rezz Guardian Healing

If some Dev can share some data , it would be a lot of help , or

On break

(edited by Luci.7018)

in PvP

FrownyClown.8402

I was deployed and did not get to play those seasons so I can’t really say.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Vornollo.5182

Don’t exactly remember when or where it happened, but I recall a tournament where the counter to thief was simply “don’t pay attention to it” and that resulted in the win for the team without a Thief…
FeltBadMan.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in PvP

Cynz.9437

So you make blanket statement like this without ability to back t up?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Don’t exactly remember when or where it happened, but I recall a tournament where the counter to thief was simply “don’t pay attention to it” and that resulted in the win for the team without a Thief…
FeltBadMan.

That was back in the bunker meta when teams could bunk two nodes at the same time, since the bunkers of that era could easily hold nodes outnumbered. This made the rotation game irrelevant.
However with the death of bunkers and the continual nerfs to supports, we are back in the 3-node meta where bunking multiple points simulteaously is no longer a viable strat, and thief is a mandatory pick.

YouTube

in PvP

FrownyClown.8402

Do I need to back it up though? Thief has always played a large role in defining the meta. You think anyone is going to play a berserker lb ranger when a decent thief is around? You think anyone is going to play FA ele when a thief is much more affective?

I am not saying thief is OP by any means. It has plenty of counters. I am saying that it limits builds other classes can play. I will retract my statement that initiative is the reason for it since their are many factors that go into thief being strong vs other dps builds.

Also, quit being a jerk and maybe we can have a constructive conversation.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Thief stacking forced me to learn to play guardian/warrior. Next up is revenant probably.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Thief stacking isnt that bad due to the relatively strength of thieves atm.

Sp no idea what youre complaining about OP.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Luci.7018

FeltBadMan.

I think it was the s/d theif , and some top player said that , because they felt they could touch them …soo… why bother then ?
until that s/d meet the Caeds spamm Black Powder + Auto Attack
(and in the end both get nerfed….. )

Increase the Vigor up to 200% for all classes for the love of the god ! Dont nerf thief !
And give all more protections if they whined about Thief damage !
Or buff the Toughenss of Dire or Knight kitten …

On break

(edited by Luci.7018)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Do I need to back it up though? Thief has always played a large role in defining the meta. You think anyone is going to play a berserker lb ranger when a decent thief is around? You think anyone is going to play FA ele when a thief is much more affective?

I am not saying thief is OP by any means. It has plenty of counters. I am saying that it limits builds other classes can play. I will retract my statement that initiative is the reason for it since their are many factors that go into thief being strong vs other dps builds.

Yes, you do. And no, thief did not always define meta. As stated before, in s1-s2 nobody played thief. The meta is defined by conquest and whatever is OP atm. You don’t play zerker LB ranger because you will get instagibbed by about anything not just thieves….

Once again, when nobody played thieves why did we not see more FA eles? Ohh right, because FA ele would still die really fast under pressure and can’t contest points without going down.

Oh thief defines meta, oh i am so clueless but i continue to mindlessly repeat same propaganda like broken radio. Oh nobody played thief? DOESN’T MATER, THIEF STILL DEFINES META. /faceplam

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Yes, you do. And no, thief did not always define meta. As stated before, in s1-s2 nobody played thief. The meta is defined by conquest and whatever is OP atm. You don’t play zerker LB ranger because you will get instagibbed by about anything not just thieves….

Nobody played thief in s1-s2 because in s1-s2 power revenant did everything a thief could do, while also doing everything a warrior could do, while also having the best boonshare in the game.

Now that revenants aren’t Thief 2.0, we are back to what can and can’t be meta being largely determined by thieves.

s1 and s2 where extreme outliers where the meta functioned in a completely different manner compared to all other metas. Just because thief was neglected for two seasons doesn’t mean that thieves should get affirmative action for the rest of the game, otherwise my necro wants affirmative action for being C-tier for the majority of this game’s history.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

FrownyClown.8402

Once again, when nobody played thieves why did we not see more FA eles? Ohh right, because FA ele would still die really fast under pressure and can’t contest points without going down.

Oh thief defines meta, oh i am so clueless but i continue to mindlessly repeat same propaganda like broken radio. Oh nobody played thief? DOESN’T MATER, THIEF STILL DEFINES META. /faceplam

I could argue with you all day about this, but its not worth it. Apart from thief being out of the meta for 6 months out of GW2s 5 year lifespan I am not sure what your counterargument is.

The reason FA ele doesn’t work
1. They are less mobile than thief and cannot fulfill a decapper/roamer role as well
2. Thieves can easily pressure them because of the limitations of scepter as a weapon

The reason Zerker Ranger doesn’t work
1. Thieves can 100-0 them in 3 seconds (side story I rage quit the game for 2 months because I was so utterly outplayed by a thief on a zerker ranger)
2. There is alot of ranged denial
3. It is not good at far fights and is better utilized for defending home/mid node

I’ll just leave it at that. I’ve been playing for 5 years so I am not stupid when it comes to pvp. Let daddy show you how life works. BTW I am daddy.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I could argue with you all day about this, but its not worth it. Apart from thief being out of the meta for 6 months out of GW2s 5 year lifespan I am not sure what your counterargument is.

1. They are less mobile than thief and cannot fulfill a decapper/roamer role as well
2. Thieves can easily pressure them because of the limitations of scepter as a weapon

1. Thieves can 100-0 them in 3 seconds (side story I rage quit the game for 2 months because I was so utterly outplayed by a thief on a zerker ranger)
3. It is not good at far fights and is better utilized for defending home/mid node

I’ll just leave it at that. I’ve been playing for 5 years so I am not stupid when it comes to pvp. Let daddy show you how life works. BTW I am daddy.

Daddy bring your thief and duel my FA ele. Not really sure why you think thief wins.

in PvP

FrownyClown.8402

Daddy bring your thief and duel my FA ele. Not really sure why you think thief wins.

I main ele though bud. This is based on my experience as an ele/ranger. I hardly play thief tbh.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I main ele though bud. This is based on my experience as an ele/ranger. I hardly play thief tbh.

/thread

All is Vain~

in PvP

Crinn.7864

/thread

ahh yes the “if you don’t play the class you can’t comment on it.” argument.

An argument that is completely false. You don’t need to play a class to know it’s capabilities. I know how every single traitline on thief works. I know the capabilities of each of their weaponsets. I know what every single thief utility skill looks like and what it does. I know the exact capabilities of every common thief build both current and past. I can easily figure the behavior and damage profile of any arbitrary thief build and do so on the fly.
Yet I don’t play the class.

The capabilities of both thief and FA ele are well known. Assuming the thief isn’t kitten ing, the thief should beat a FA ele. In a realistic conquest situation where trying to anticipate the alpha isn’t a thing, the matchup is even more slanted in the thief’s favor.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

/thread

ahh yes the “if you don’t play the class you can’t comment on it.” argument.

An argument that is completely false. You don’t need to play a class to know it’s capabilities. I know how every single traitline on thief works. I know the capabilities of each of their weaponsets. I know what every single thief utility skill looks like and what it does. I know the exact capabilities of every common thief build both current and past. I can easily figure the behavior and damage profile of any arbitrary thief build and do so on the fly.
Yet I don’t play the class.

The capabilities of both thief and FA ele are well known. Assuming the thief isn’t kitten ing, the thief should beat a FA ele. In a realistic conquest situation where trying to anticipate the alpha isn’t a thing, the matchup is even more slanted in the thief’s favor.

Actually no.

The matchup is entirely dependent on the skill of the ele player. Once you get to a certain skill level playing FA ele you will destroy 90% of thieves in this game.

And to comment on the rest of the thread:

Thief hasn’t defined the meta since Anet removed their ability to duel & win far. Right now there isn’t a class in the game that can’t delay a thief long enough for a +1 from mid unless you are FAR below the skill level of the thief. The ONLY class that has the right to complain about being countered by thieves are necros, but they shouldn’t be dying fast vs them either. If the Necro has full LF & is good enough he can kill a lot of thieves 1v1 too.

in PvP

Luci.7018

And to comment on the rest of the thread:

Thief hasn’t defined the meta since Anet removed their ability to duel & win far. Right now there isn’t a class in the game that can’t delay a thief long enough for a +1 from mid unless you are FAR below the skill level of the thief.

Well , we have to w8 for some tournaments and showcase the rest of boffuns that we need buffs to wins far (HINT: WE NEED) , and hopefully some kitten player Caed wont do same kitten over and over , and win most 1v1fights that creates 4v5 scenarios all the time , aim for the decap and then runs for the +1 assist into mid , like 5 years now and spread the wrong message ….

Increase the vigor for all classes kitten …. they cant hold the base simply with evade/dodges
LET THE WHINE STOPS !!!

Or create moare weapons like the Enginner’s Hammer or Thief stuff , for the casual that dont know how to survive and do damage in the same time !

On break

(edited by Luci.7018)