AT monetary rewards... severely lacking

in PvP

Posted by: louiscarter.1724

louiscarter.1724

1st place 5 gold, 5 dyes, 5 mystic coins
2nd place 3 gold, 4 dyes, 3 mystic coins
3rd & 4th place 2 gold, 3 dyes, 2 mystic coins
5th palce 1 gold, 1 dye, 1 mystic coin

these are the rewards for winning places 1-5 in the automated tournaments.

Once people have their points to compete in the monthly not enough players are going to put in the effort to make a 5 man just for a chance at the grand prize of 11 gold

AT is a great way to keep people active and give something to look forward too – but there needs to be some kind of motivation other than simply farming qualifying points, particularly for good players who could qualify for the monthly in just two ATs.

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

I agree OP. The current rewards are pretty pitiful. Please increase it’s sad.

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The rewards are so bad…almost as if they are trolling us.

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

those are just on the way rewards….
short matches where you could have super easy enemy teams so it is good that those dont reward so much yet…

The real goal is the monthly tournament and only there you will have the best teams that you need to fight and win against and that one has really good rewards:

1. place 500 gold, 100 mystic coins, 3 Glorious Victor’s Armor Boxes (Ascended),
Gold Llama Box, 4 Weeks VIP Area Access, Large PvP Potion
2. place 400 gold, 50 mystic coins, 2 Glorious Victor’s Armor Boxes (Ascended),
Silber Llama Box, 2 Weeks VIP Area Access, Large PvP Potion
3. – 4. place 250 gold, 25 mystic coins, Glorious Victor’s Armor Box (Ascended)
Bronze Llama Box, 2 Weeks VIP Area Access, Large PvP Potion
5. – 8. place 100 gold, 15 mystic coins, Large PvP Potion
9. – 16. place 50 gold, 10 mystic coins, Large PvP Potion
17. – 32. place 25 gold, 5 mystic coins, Large PvP Potion

So i think the rewards are actually really good (for the hard endfight every month where you deserve the good rewards)
seem like you just didnt bother to read what the actual monthly rewards were…

Edit:
I guess Anet should probably increase the rewards for the daily tournaments since you need to invest so much time to finish one
Monthly Rewards seem fine to me though

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Aren’t these the qualifiers Anet talked about?

You first go through the qualifiers to earn QP. Then if you reach 100 QP, you get to partake in the monthly.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

The only way the qualifiers mean anything is if decent teams are somewhat incentivized to play in them. ATs will die out quickly except for the monthly if teams only have to play in a couple to qualify for the monthly.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

The OP is Katsumi and only wants the rewards to increase because he knows he’s going to win every single one. The whole motivation argument of his is just a cover, people who care about PvP will play ATs every day for fun, more rewards aren’t needed. Not that I personally care because I uninstalled the game today, but the Abjured doesn’t really deserve more from the community or Anet because the only players on that team that are actually decent people are Nos and Zero.

RIP Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

The OP is Katsumi and only wants the rewards to increase because he knows he’s going to win every single one. The whole motivation argument of his is just a cover, people who care about PvP will play ATs every day for fun, more rewards aren’t needed. Not that I personally care because I uninstalled the game today, but the Abjured doesn’t really deserve more from the community or Anet because the only players on that team that are actually decent people are Nos and Zero.

Amen!

Lot of respect for those two, the rest…. well….

Keep in mind that these rewards will most likely go to the same elite few while the 99% of us never see them.

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

Winning all the time in a video game sure makes the losers in it salty!

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: Searven.4820

Searven.4820

Its good that the daily tourneys dont reward much. If they did the real good teams would just steamroll through them and it would be hard for you average team to ever get a good placement.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You guys who are complaining probably don’t know how much Mystic Coins and Unidentified dyes cost. If you did, you wouldn’t be complaining.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: nothelseth.4621

nothelseth.4621

Its good that the daily tourneys dont reward much. If they did the real good teams would just steamroll through them and it would be hard for you average team to ever get a good placement.

’’it’s good that the rewards are so bad that good teams wont even bother to play them so I can win the crappy rewards that are left’’

….????

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

’’it’s good that the rewards are so bad that good teams wont even bother to play them so I can win the crappy rewards that are left’’

….????

GW PvP in a nutshell EleGiggle

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

More like it’s good the rewards aren’t there to be “farmed” so it allows more potential teams to compete in the monthly where the big $ is. It’s unlikely those teams will win but it’s more healthy to have a bunch of teams than to just have them never bother because they will get stomped in every single daily AT game by pros.

Daily ATs = casual
Monthly AT = where the pros tryhard

Getting 1st place or even 2nd in the monthly AT is amazing rewards already and far outweighs most PvE player income

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

El famoso tryhard for 500 golds LUL
Noone will tryhard for this trust me

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I mean if getting the “prestige” of number 1 and the monetary gains which are above what 99% of players can make a month isn’t enough to entice you to tryhard then don’t?

Idk what you expect, cash prizes for ATs? LUL esportz 2017

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

It’s actually the opposite. It’s safe to say that right now the 1-2 remaining top teams are going to win the next few monthlies with no real competition, which means smaller teams only get to benefit from, well, the smaller rewards.

With daily tournament rewards being 100% garbage, there is no incentive for new teams to even try.

If dailies had better rewards new teams would have a reason to keep getting better and beat other new teams, eventually learning more and more about the game to the point where they can be worthy challengers at a monthly.

Currently the chance of that happening is 0 because the devs don’t know kitten about PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

I think the reason the rewards are horrible is so that people have less incentive to join every daily AT. They want many people to have the chance of joining the monthly.

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

El famoso tryhard for 500 golds LUL
Noone will tryhard for this trust me

Its more like 1200g if you consider the 100g worth of mystic coins
+ three free choice Ascended Armor pieces
+ the other non gold values

And this is just on top of the already existing rewards in PvP so i dont really understand why you would see it as such a bad reward…
And now, since those tournments are every month instead of organized tournaments half a year like it used to be when Anet still did those, they are ofc not rewarding 10.000g every month
and those ~1200g value items are a good amount i think tbh

Maybe Anet could add something more prestigious to it since PvP players often dont even care that much for gold but instead more for something unique to show their achievements in PvP
For example:

• access to special Emotes like the GW1 AdH or Zaishen emotes for 1 month
  • or maybe a unique Aura for 1 month
  • or Anet could make that Glorious Hero Armor skin actually a bit more different than the other versions (maybe more similar to the new WvW T3 Armor with a special effect)

Or what exactly would you have in mind as a good reward?

Edit:
I guess Anet should probably increase the rewards for the daily tournaments since you need to invest so much time to finish one
Monthly Rewards seem fine to me though

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

This is toker’s 3rd account in top 10 and he’s saying this for the same reason Katsumi is, because he knows he’ll win every single one. Yes I was salty a couple days ago but I don’t care anymore because I uninstalled. I just want people to know who the OP and you are so perhaps they can develop a different opinion since you two are such valuable and helpful players in the community.

RIP Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I would rather wait to see who wins daily tournaments on average before readjusting the rewards. You don’t want the situation where you got like 20 gold in rewards for top spot that always go to the same 5 people 3 times a day.

If anything, demotivating the top players from farming the daily tournies might be a good idea to keep it from being the same faces winning every time. Hell, i’ve seen some top pvp players complaining that 500 liquid gold isn’t enough for a monthly which to a player like me is absurd when monthly i can probably make maybe 100g just by playing casually.

I think from a casual non professional player’s perspective, the rewards are okay and i suspect the idea behind these tournies is more about getting new people into 5v5 organized games rather than the same esl guys we’ve grown accustomed to seeing.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You guys who are complaining probably don’t know how much Mystic Coins and Unidentified dyes cost. If you did, you wouldn’t be complaining.

Unidentified Dyes cost 20 silver last I checked. Gotta love the dye spam from the ranked rewards depreciating the cost.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

until anet fixes the ‘issue’ with the top level folks farming their secondary accounts, these rewards should be next to nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: NotoriousNaru.1705

NotoriousNaru.1705

It takes from 1 hour to an hour 30 to finish a single AT and all of that for 5g? Thats stupid. Anet is literally going out of their way to not promote PvP. Like why is it more rewarding to spam ranked Q’s AND LOSE vs PLACING FIRST in a tournament. Like does anet have a thought process behind this?

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

They ned more incentive. Im not gonna look for 5 ppl for only 5 gold. They can instead give blacklion keys which are always great

in PvP

Posted by: TalleFjanten.7159

TalleFjanten.7159

They ned more incentive. Im not gonna look for 5 ppl for only 5 gold. They can instead give blacklion keys which are always great

“i’m a fanboy and my favourite streamer said black lion keys is a good idea, let me go on forums and say black lion keys is a good idea, i’m such good boi”

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i mean, a guy in the chat suggested it and a whole lot of ppl agreed then the streamers agreed to it so… Btw are you 12?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

“i’m a fanboy and my favourite streamer said black lion keys is a good idea, let me go on forums and say black lion keys is a good idea, i’m such good boi”

Do you think that gold that can easy get new player in sliverwastes is better?

Come on Keys are great idea – pvp needs it’s own unique rewards…that won’t blow up economy.

Who seriously would tryhard against helseth/sind, JFK ect to win current garbage after month?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

The rewards are a joke in quantity and quality

1) QUANTITY
In PVE , EVERYBODY and i mean 100.000s of poeple are filling the economy

• 20g / h by killing AI or even running in zergs pressing F on a chest
  • in PVP you can get 5g / h playing regular ques or 1g / h against organized teams in a tournament (thats the 500 / 100.000 total poeple who played the tournys, i wonder if we need J.Smith to calculte this impact on economy)

2) QUALITY
“The gold should be the least interesting reward” -baldseth

• Hero armor V2 is not really prestige but worst IT LOOKS LIKE A NORMAL RE-DYE. Imposible to distinguish from a hotjoin farmable reward track.
    Communism 1 – 0 High Tier PVP

We need unique skins and stuff like the VIP area, getting your 20g/h like doing a PVE AI scripted dungeon should be the last concern.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Winning competetive tournaments in pvp is the hardest content gw2 has to offer and anet gives 5 gold a daily win??? Why would any body do more than 2 get their qualifying points and leave?How does that encourage other teams to practice and get better by playing those teams?Also the tourney takes like 1.5 -2hrs to complete so 5g? that’s ridiculous

Make the rewards somewhere around 50g a win and PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF PVP REMOVE CLASS STACKING

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

(edited by Skittledness.5106)

in PvP

Posted by: Xtrverz.4069

Xtrverz.4069

I agree the rewards are very underwhelming and won’t incentivize players to continue playing the AT’s

rev/druid
Mini Helio or Kicked from Ash
s5 #76 s6 #10 s7 #2

in PvP

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

^ As it stands, yeah. I’m wondering if this is intentional; to stop better players from simply infinitely getting 1st place b/c of monetary rewards, and stopping other teams from getting qualifying points.

competitive ele guyyyy

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Well aero I mean even if the the top teams always take the 1st spot you’ll get qualifying points just for playing.Itll just make the other teams have to do more AT’s to prove that their worthy for the monthlies.

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Amen!

Lot of respect for those two, the rest…. well….

Keep in mind that these rewards will most likely go to the same elite few while the 99% of us never see them.

So much stupidity in these forums. He posted the AT rewards about DAILY tournaments, in which every single gw2 player can participate. If the rewards are pittiful for the common player, what’s the point of having big rewards for best players in an MMO.

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

This is toker’s 3rd account in top 10 and he’s saying this for the same reason Katsumi is, because he knows he’ll win every single one. Yes I was salty a couple days ago but I don’t care anymore because I uninstalled. I just want people to know who the OP and you are so perhaps they can develop a different opinion since you two are such valuable and helpful players in the community.

Imagine the amount of cry if raids gave you 5g as a reward because that’s only elite content for the top 1% of pve players who can play this game.

The point is that there should be rewards that would make ordinary players want to make a team and get better. If 5g is the only reward then no one is gonna be interested in tourneys. The only “good” reward would be monthly but unless there is a carrot that can make players want to improve and get better then the “good” rewards will always be given to the same teams.

If there aren’t really great rewards from doing tourneys then who is gonna play them?

Better rewards from daily/monthly point isn’t to make top pvp players be rich. Making the pvp scene grow is the point here.

PvP has gotten in a point where everyone in NA thinks that the best players are cheating because the pvp playerbase has changed and players play the game like the game had just been launched.

I recently watched a unity NA tournament where one of the teams literally had 1 afk on close the whole match and when the match was almost over they did random 5 man zerg to far point and lost the game. If this is the skill level in NA then I am not wondering why ppl accuse better players of “cheating”.

GIT GUD!

(edited by The Ace.9105)

in PvP

Posted by: Omatsuri.4250

Omatsuri.4250

The rewards are a joke in quantity and quality

1) QUANTITY
In PVE , EVERYBODY and i mean 100.000s of poeple are filling the economy

• 20g / h by killing AI or even running in zergs pressing F on a chest

well, actually it’s not 20g /h by killing AI or pressing F on chest. It’s 20g /h by selling loot from AI or chests via Trading Post. There is no difference for player in terms of profit. But there is the difference for economy

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Imagine the amount of cry if raids gave you 5g as a reward because that’s only elite content for the top 1% of pve players who can play this game.

Man 5g for raids! I wish it was that good! Sadly it is only 2g so meh. I guess if you count all the bosses in a raid it would equal 6g, but than you have to remember that you spend ~1g per 30 minutes on buffs.

And GW2 is a PvE game by default so I’m not really surprised that it gives out way more than PvP. And with how much CC/condi cancer is in the game, I’m amazed that there is a decent time on queues, though they get longer by the day.

Edit: And yes, GW1 was a PvP game by default, but I’m pretty sure Anet found out that PvE sells better in MMOs than PvP so they made GW2 PvE first.

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.6294

Hannibal.6294

Totally agree. Why should I play an hour and a half of an AT and only win 5 gold while I can queue ranked for the same amount of time yet earn much more. These rewards need to be scaled up a lot more otherwise teams will get their minimum 100 QP’s and stop playing these.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

dude you are the only guy against keys. you are also seriously salty about it. considering how quickly you accuse people of having ulterior motives im going to assume that you’re projecting.

giving between 1-5 keys per member to the winning team would be a great incentive to compete & get competitive.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

The rewards are fine as they are imo. Im actually a bit concerned by all the raw gold thats getting given out through those tournaments. The monthly tournaments alone flush in 7500+ gold monthly into the economy. Hope they are keeping an eye on it.

Rewards of daily tournaments are in line with the other gamemodes. The ~11g you get for first place equal the approximate rewards of 2-3 raid bosses, depending on wing. And where raids have a set difficulty everyone has to pass, in pvp you might just get lucky and get one bad team after another.

If they should change anything, its reducing the raw gold and instead give out some more mats.

in PvP

TalleFjanten.7159

dude you are the only guy against keys. you are also seriously salty about it. considering how quickly you accuse people of having ulterior motives im going to assume that you’re projecting.

giving between 1-5 keys per member to the winning team would be a great incentive to compete & get competitive.

Give winning team 1 black key, sure. But people suggesting 10 keys equivalent to 280g or 12 euro gotta get realistic. Black lion keys are what makes anet the most $ and suggesting that they will hand out thousands of black lion keys every month is not realistic.

in PvP

TalleFjanten.7159

Totally agree. Why should I play an hour and a half of an AT and only win 5 gold while I can queue ranked for the same amount of time yet earn much more. These rewards need to be scaled up a lot more otherwise teams will get their minimum 100 QP’s and stop playing these.

Then stop playing, there will always be teams playing in the tournaments. If you want best gold/hour ratio go do something else.

in PvP

TalleFjanten.7159

The point is that there should be rewards that would make ordinary players want to make a team and get better. If 5g is the only reward then no one is gonna be interested in tourneys. The only “good” reward would be monthly but unless there is a carrot that can make players want to improve and get better then the “good” rewards will always be given to the same teams.

If there aren’t really great rewards from doing tourneys then who is gonna play them?

Better rewards from daily/monthly point isn’t to make top pvp players be rich. Making the pvp scene grow is the point here.

PvP has gotten in a point where everyone in NA thinks that the best players are cheating because the pvp playerbase has changed and players play the game like the game had just been launched.

I recently watched a unity NA tournament where one of the teams literally had 1 afk on close the whole match and when the match was almost over they did random 5 man zerg to far point and lost the game. If this is the skill level in NA then I am not wondering why ppl accuse better players of “cheating”.

GIT GUD!

Problem is there is no interest to be competetive in gw2, why did they stop weekly cups and the tournaments? because theres no interest in them, adding more rewards wont incentivise people to be competetive, only more scrub teams that will get steamrolled by the few established teams. The established teams only want easy loot, they couldnt care less if more people play.

in PvP

TalleFjanten.7159

Winning competetive tournaments in pvp is the hardest content gw2 has to offer and anet gives 5 gold a daily win??? Why would any body do more than 2 get their qualifying points and leave?How does that encourage other teams to practice and get better by playing those teams?Also the tourney takes like 1.5 -2hrs to complete so 5g? that’s ridiculous

Make the rewards somewhere around 50g a win and PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF PVP REMOVE CLASS STACKING

If you want best gold/hour ratio go do something else, play pvp for enjoyment. Also suggesting 50g nice meme