ATs and Untimly Patch updates

in PvP

Posted by: Leafstorm.1349

Leafstorm.1349

I’m just wondering who thought it’s a great idea to push updates while an AT is running? We are all sitting here waiting for this thing to work after we have already been playing and it seems to be broken. This just doesn’t seem very smart.

Attachments:

Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.
Zoe Nightmare (Necro)

in PvP

Posted by: iToPouch.5073

iToPouch.5073

Nice to see ppl playing semifinals already and we got no further match after the first one…now i cant q unranked/ranked or win matches in tourney… good job

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

automated systems are automated

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Trini.3576

Trini.3576

There system administrators and could easily pause the automated tournament for patching.

in PvP

Posted by: Leafstorm.1349

Leafstorm.1349

Well, they didn’t. It bugged and no one got rewards aside from one team who auto won without playing anything. Pretty stupid.

Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.
Zoe Nightmare (Necro)

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

We’re looking into it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ominous.8702

Ominous.8702

We’re looking into it.

LMFAO! “We’ve just pushed out a gigantic patch without any warning whatsoever, right in the middle of an AT. What’s that you say? Lag? Glitches? Don’t worry boys, ’We’re looking into it. By god, we’ll get to the bottom of it.”

God kitten I love you Arenanet. 0 kittens given.

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

We’re looking into it.

LMFAO! “We’ve just pushed out a gigantic patch without any warning whatsoever, right in the middle of an AT. What’s that you say? Lag? Glitches? Don’t worry boys, ’We’re looking into it. By god, we’ll get to the bottom of it.”

God kitten I love you Arenanet. 0 kittens given.

Heh, didn’t mean to sound quite THAT nonchalant about it. We have some code in place that’s supposed to handle things auto-magically when updates happen. We’ve tested it internally quite a lot and it functioned fine in our test. Obviously, something happened differently between live and internal testing though.

Cal and Ray are literally tracing through the tournament logs to find the break point now.

in PvP

Posted by: iToPouch.5073

iToPouch.5073

Nice to see someone answering! Will there be a compensation?

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

A balance patch would be nice since things already on hold… just sayin