AZN Kratoast 1v1 Vanilla Tournament

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

TOURNAMENT WILL BE STREAM ON Twitch.tv/xkratosz at 18:00 CENTRAL There will be ~700g worth of viewers Giveaways so tune in!

Hi, some of you may remember the Memes and Dream 1v1 Vanilla Tournament I hosted a while back. While I said I will never host another tournament with my own resources again; the tourney received lot of positive feedback from the community and some even donated asking me to host another one. So, due to popular request, I will host another 1v1 Memes and Dream Vanilla tournament. For the tournament sign-ups and rules please use the link below:

https://battlefy.com/azn/%5Bazn%5D-kratoasts-memes-and-dream-vanilla-1v1-tournament-pogchamp/5823bfa63a443f31035d6643/info

PLEASE USE ACCOUNT NAME AND NOT YOUR CHARACTER NAME SO WE CAN JUST COPY PASTE THE ACCOUNT NAME TO WHISPER YOU THE ARENA ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT

Prizes:
1st: 125g + A Precursor (TBD)
2nd: 69g69s69c
3rd: 25g

The tournament will be stream on November 19th at 18:00 CST on a to be announce channel.

Below is a highlight of the previous Vanilla 1v1 tournament to give you an idea of how fun and entertaining the tournament will be:

https://www.twitch.tv/xkratosz/v/86152874

Vote for what map you want the Duels to happen here:

http://strawpoll.de/5868x5x

Tournament is hosted on NA but EU players may play if they use an NA account.

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

(edited by xKratos.4758)

in PvP

Posted by: Tatsuya.9071

Tatsuya.9071

Who will be casting this tournament? Will it be Aerodynamique again?

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Who will be casting this tournament? Will it be Aerodynamique again?

Yes aero will be the main caster for this tournament again. So you can expect some next level memes.

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Thief with no SA how he will cleanse condis then? O.o

in PvP

xKratos.4758

The ban on SA traitline is to prevent permanent stealth war of thief constantly reset Everytime he get low. Most 1v1 tournament before HoT all ban SA. The rules are in place to make tournament more fun to watch.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

The ban on SA traitline is to prevent permanent stealth war of thief constantly reset Everytime he get low. Most 1v1 tournament before HoT all ban SA. The rules are in place to make tournament more fun to watch.

From what I remember was you could spec in SA to get the condi cleanse only…..course that was when you could go 60206 or w/e thieves ran

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Discounting skills that cleanse, both Acrobatics and Daredevil have traits that do so.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: masterfan.8375

masterfan.8375

I was sceptic about signing up but then I read this

No Revenants nor Heart of Thorns related skills, traits, or abilities

Awesome idea!
Btw is this related to NA or EU?

(edited by masterfan.8375)

in PvP

xKratos.4758

I was sceptic about signing up but then I read this

No Revenants nor Heart of Thorns related skills, traits, or abilities

Awesome idea!
Btw is this related to NA or EU?

It’s a vanilla tournament so won’t make sense if HoT specs are allow The tournament is hosted on NA but EU can sign up too.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

From what I remember was you could spec in SA to get the condi cleanse only…..course that was when you could go 60206 or w/e thieves ran

Yes, with old trait systems then I would just ban the Stealth Duration Traits, however with the revamp system where the stealth bonus is minor baseline then the traitline must be ban completely.

As for condi clears, you have shadow steps, signet, and Aecrobatic traitline, not to mention generosity sigil, runes that remove condis or give resistances, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Yes, with old trait systems then I would just ban the Stealth Duration Traits, however with the revamp system where the stealth bonus is minor baseline then the traitline must be ban completely.

As for condi clears, you have shadow steps, signet, and Aecrobatic traitline, not to mention generosity sigil, runes that remove condis or give resistances, etc.

The stealth duration bonus only works on skills that give stealth not stealth granted off combo fields. So if 4 seconds of stealth on OH dagger and an extra second of stealth on long CD utilities is the reason you are banning the trait line instead of the just banning the Shadow Rejuv/Shadow Protector I just have to question the rules a bit. Also getting rid of the Shadow Rejuv you get rid of the extra initiative gain in stealth which kills any perma stealth build from core thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Lets just ban core thief from the tournament until we get this straightened out. /kappa

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

Lets just ban core thief from the tournament until we get this straightened out. /kappa

I think medi guard should be banned as well /kappapride

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Hmm Elixr X is banned, but mesmer can moa? I guess the concern wasn’t the moa then?

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Hmm Elixr X is banned, but mesmer can moa? I guess the concern wasn’t the moa then?

Signet of Humility = Moa

in PvP

xKratos.4758

The stealth duration bonus only works on skills that give stealth not stealth granted off combo fields. So if 4 seconds of stealth on OH dagger and an extra second of stealth on long CD utilities is the reason you are banning the trait line instead of the just banning the Shadow Rejuv/Shadow Protector I just have to question the rules a bit. Also getting rid of the Shadow Rejuv you get rid of the extra initiative gain in stealth which kills any perma stealth build from core thief.

Last tournament used basically the same rulesets and no one question the shadow art traitlines ban. However, if condis truly proves to be thief’s demises and not his own skill level during this upcoming tournament then I will reconsider the rulesets.

Example would be: If Toker or Katsumi participate and lose to a random no name running cheese condi on thief then I’ll reconsider the rulesets.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I suppose you were worried that Paladin’s Amulet would make someone too tanky… Can’t see a very good option for a power engi given no access to hammer and the amulet choices. I guess a kiting/stealthing Burn dual pistol is going to be the only seriously viable option.

in PvP

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

I usually don’t post, but being in this tourney the last time it happened, I feel like some things ought to be discussed.

1. Beastly Warden AND quickdraw were used in the tournament and allowed EVEN though the regulation didn’t allow it. Compared to many other classes, the buff from beastly warden is negligible at best.
2.Thief honestly isn’t very viable without SA, even though back then you could use it without SA in tourneys, base skills are MUCH different than they were pre-Hot. Non of the thieves got far at all last time, there was either too much condi from the mesmers, or too little sustain from the thieves when they were up against other classes. There is that 3 minute duel rule anyway. How about the thief has to take off SA if the duel lasts too long?
3.Can there be a ban or soft ban on LOS this time around? There was a whole lot of it last time, not just to me but many others, and generally in duels LOS or leaving the general area isn’t permitted.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

I usually don’t post, but being in this tourney the last time it happened, I feel like some things ought to be discussed.

1. Beastly Warden AND quickdraw were used in the tournament and allowed EVEN though the regulation didn’t allow it. Compared to many other classes, the buff from beastly warden is negligible at best.
2.Thief honestly isn’t very viable without SA, even though back then you could use it without SA in tourneys, base skills are MUCH different than they were pre-Hot. Non of the thieves got far at all last time, there was either too much condi from the mesmers, or too little sustain from the thieves when they were up against other classes. There is that 3 minute duel rule anyway. How about the thief has to take off SA if the duel lasts too long?
3.Can there be a ban or soft ban on LOS this time around? There was a whole lot of it last time, not just to me but many others, and generally in duels LOS or leaving the general area isn’t permitted.

LoS is part of the player’s skill. It’s like asking someone to not Kite and run away to LOS when a necro pop his DS

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Update stream channel, prizes list.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Update rules, Giveaways list

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

OFFICIAL STRONGEST VANILLA IN NA
1 CAED
2 LIAM.6987
3 ADELANNE

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

You shoudl really allow SA tho, if you really want to ban long fights then bann Shadow rejuventaion, but that would be a bad idea again because of initative regeneration, i really dont see the problem of SA if u have a 3 minute rule, also as someone mentioned + 1 stealth only increases the skills stealth not the combo fields and mostly d/p theives gains stealth thorugh fields.Thief is the only class which aint benefit from Hot since realse thief only got nerves, expect that Lead Attacks trait

Ps: I just want to help you no harm on anything