Abjured dominates EU in WTS gratz bois!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

COME BACK BOYS hypeeeeeee. Friendship wins in the end, bring that trophy back to NA and shut those haters up. NA>EU. They beat GLHF, TCG, ORNG. peasants and kings lost today lads. Best WTS so far.

finally i can sleep …so tired being up all night so not to miss this revenge from last WTS…..#MURICA #1!!!

TL’DR: Insane domination from abjured, slow start but come back boys showed up and brought their A game, Toker MVP.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

USA USA USA USA USA USA

and canada

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

Now that abjured has secured their win can we fix cele ele?

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Toker is the epitome of carrying. Never seen something like that.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

The Abjured was really strong and Toker really proved to be MVP in every single match.

My personal favorite was TCG somewhere but lots of respect to NA for winning this one!

Now, can we fix d/d eles? :p

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Orng was all over the place. Dunno what happened there. But they couldn’t handle the tankiness that Abjured brought.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

J envy.5270

USA USA USA USA USA USA

and canada

gotta thank our friends from the great north. hehe. winter is coming!

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

double DD ele for the win. So sad.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The Abjured was really strong and Toker really proved to be MVP in every single match.

My personal favorite was TCG somewhere but lots of respect to NA for winning this one!

Will a “fix” to ele allow you to beat @Phantaram or any top ele in 1vs1?

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Duable Ele won. Much surprise. Eles alive for 2min in a 4v2 and carrying a 5v3 90% of the matches. Such balance.

Everytime cele ele is op, Elemerica is able to win – see first wts and third wts.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

It will probably make it so you cant outsustain 3 guys on point with it though.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

It was pretty boring. Broken cele ele ftw … great pride and kitten.

There were exactly 0 interesting moments from Abjured. Most boring team worldwide.

in PvP

J envy.5270

And no one is gonna say anything about that burn medi guard lol…..

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

There were exactly 0 interesting moments from Abjured. Most boring team worldwide.

You act as if Guardian + Warrior is anything hard anyways. But yeah Tage did well, ROM isn’t a good Warrior. None of the Warriors in EU are good.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

thats a joke bro i almost fell asleep during the TCG vs ORNG matchup… half the match is bunkering the other half is decapping

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Orng has not take enough care to nodes, winning teamfights doesnt give you the victory there

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowrainer.8321

Shadowrainer.8321

Abjured played well, I give them that.

But watching those eles sustain outnumbered for so long was just so incredably…saddening?

I really don’t blame oRNG losing motivation or morale or what ever during it. I’d have fallen asleep playing against that necro and double cele ele.

But what was with them just leaving nodes open 24/7? Even if double ele is cancer to try and beat off node they didn’t even bother to check their nodes, let alone bother to defend them.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

thats a joke bro i almost fell asleep during the TCG vs ORNG matchup… half the match is bunkering the other half is decapping

The joke is d/d ele carrying 4vs2 for over 2 minutes. That’s the actual joke.

in PvP

dominik.9721

right watching an cele ele 1v1ing a zerk warrior or a nec 1v1ing an ele is much more interesting lol. The comp carried Abjured, deal with it.

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

right watching an cele ele 1v1ing a zerk warrior or a nec 1v1ing an ele is much more interesting lol. The comp carried Abjured, deal with it.

lol

gerdian

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Bunker Wars 2 kappa

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

What friendship win ?? No > having more ele = win
Balancing the game before WCS might have been something to consider.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The best parts for me is how zerker/marauder amulet guys just couldn’t win against even cele classes or bunkers…yet damage is too high according to forums.

That the mesmers were largely ineffective throughout the entire thing….yet they’re “totally broken” according to the forums.

That burn guard is just insane and also “totally broken” to the forums yet was so easily countered and was pretty much only useful against no cleanse helseth.

Toker completely outplayed both EU thieves, he did his function in the team a lot better which was to get quick decaps denying points to the enemy team. WP Dustin.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

#Nostate went down the most, but it seems like Phantaram and Wakkey went down the most after him versus Orange Logo…

…Please buff Celestial!

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

that’s the reason why abjured won, not because they are better players but because they had a better comp for conquest.

in the end it felt a bit like orng lost the concentration and the rotations got a little wonky. would have been nice if the team with the better skill won but oh well, still glad tcg got slapped in the face at least.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

yes please

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: vangedas.7358

vangedas.7358

Why does this EU NA thing matter so much? People are not even enjoying the games but only hating on opposing continent.. I don’t get it.

Anyway, the first few games were amazing to watch, too bad oRNG lost it in the finals. GGs.

in PvP

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

Why does this EU NA thing matter so much? People are not even enjoying the games but only hating on opposing continent.. I don’t get it.

Anyway, the first few games were amazing to watch, too bad oRNG lost it in the finals. GGs.

I would say this thread has devolved into Ele players vs everyone else moreso than EU vs NA

in PvP

Shadowrainer.8321

People seem to like to take pride in accomplishments they have literally 0 input in, makes them feel ‘special’ that they was born on the same soil as people who can achieve things they can’t.

This breeds fanboyism, which fuels petty hate aimed at the other lands fanboys.

Fanboyism in a nutshell. Pride is an ugly thing, especially when you’re taking pride in work you’ve not influenced.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

And no one is gonna say anything about that burn medi guard lol…..

People are salty, you can’t really expect anything else.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

#Nostate went down the most, but it seems like Phantaram and Wakkey went down the most after him versus Orange Logo…

…Please buff Celestial!

Rather buff Necromancer’s Down State.
Look how weak it is now. Stomp after stomp on Nos.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

This has nothing to do with eles being OP and everything to do with oRNG playing like crap. Leaving points unattended, chasing for kills instead of capping, rotating players to even side point fights.

If you cant win an even fight on your side point, you will lose. You have a small window where you can strong arm someone 2 v 1 before you are at a disadvantage for outnumbering.

Thief backcapping was the meta a year ago, Toker did a great job of it but its amazing that they didn’t realize what was happening.

Abjured outplayed and outcomped oRNG, but that looked like PUG gameplay from them. Why would you pull bunker guardian to a 3v3 fight on your side point is beyond me. GG both teams but it was clear who was gonna win this one.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

This soooo much, its been long overdue.

in PvP

ArthurDent.9538

Abjured came to play conquest, oRNG came to play death match. The game mode turned out to be conquest, that is why Abjured won.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

dominik.9721

Abjured came to play with duable ele, oRNG had two main guardians and 1 main warrior.
The balance patch turned out to favour eles and to disable warrior.

Fixed it for you.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Abjured came to play conquest, oRNG came to play death match. The game mode turned out to be conquest, that is why Abjured won.

What he said.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Double Cele Ele won? What a surprise :P

Please ANET, tone down some parts of the current OP Cele Ele build.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

LOL at people thinking double ele won abjured. They won because they were simply outplaying and outrotating everyone else. Especially ORNG was extremely bad at rotating and even capturing or holding free points.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Will a “fix” to ele allow you to beat @Phantaram or any top ele in 1vs1?

The game isnt balanced around 1v1, neither is my comment

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

You guys are so silly sometimes, pointing your fingers at the double eles being op while failing recognize what a burden it is to have a necro on a team. It’s not the player, it’s the class I’m criticizing. If you play a necro in tournament teams, expect to get focused. It’s been that way since the get-go.

I don’t think it’s the double eles that gave NA the edge, it was Toker’s rotation

<3 Phantaram

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

LOL at people thinking double ele won abjured. They won because they were simply outplaying and outrotating everyone else. Especially ORNG was extremely bad at rotating and even capturing or holding free points.

ROM personally said after first Temple map, that they’re really bad on it and their team setup is bad for it also.
But, he also mentioned that they’re aware of that problem and they will work on it, to improve their skill on the maps they perform really badly.

Also, there was a moment where those two eles downed 4 ORNG people.

Let’s face it:
- With current Burn condition design and the way D/D ele can AoE Fire fields, it takes simply just 2 Elementalists to kill a whole team in couple of seconds if they’ll place and time their Fire AoE Field skills on specific area.

Is it OP?
Well, tactic wise, it’s a great thing and effect is stunning.
But overall, this system favor D/D build too much and reward is too great for random placement in PvP mode.

As has been mentioned in many threads already, Burn has to be toned down, and the best way would be to bring it back to it’s old design and in the meantime, adjust the new design to be balanced.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

ROM personally said after first Temple map, that they’re really bad on it and their team setup is bad for it also.
But, he also mentioned that they’re aware of that problem and they will work on it, to improve their skill on the maps they perform really badly.

Let’s face it:
- With current Burn condition design and the way D/D ele can AoE Fire fields, it takes simply just 2 Elementalists to kill a whole team in couple of seconds if they’ll place and time their Fire AoE Field skills on specific area.

Is it OP?
But overall, this system favor D/D build too much and reward is too great for random placement in PvP mode.

As has been mentioned in many threads already, Burn has to be toned down, and the best way would be to bring it back to it’s old design and in the meantime, adjust the new design to be balanced.

ORNG could have used 4 eles and they still would have lost every game because their rotations were simply bad. Magic Toker was on point and capturing basically every single time someone from ORNG went off point – ORNG even often left points uncontested to get kills.

No amount of different classes could have made ORNG win with how extremely bad their tactics were.

in PvP

dominik.9721

All those ele main players tryharding to defend their class,allthough it’s pretty obvious how broken it is atm – so sweet

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

ele was just as tanky so nothing has changed in that regard. abjured played 4 bunkers and 1 dps so obviously they were able to sustain until tomorrow.

the burning on ele is broken not because of the damage but because of the instant burn and this also goes for burn guardian. insta 3 stacks of burn is not balanced and has no counterplay.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Let’s face it:

Is it OP?

ORNG could have used 4 eles and they still would have lost every game because their rotations were simply bad. Magic Toker was on point and capturing basically every single time someone from ORNG went off point – ORNG even often left points uncontested to get kills.

No amount of different classes could have made ORNG win with how extremely bad their tactics were.

they actually won 2 you know…

but double ele is double ele so this is how it goes anyway

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

ggs to all teams. matches where fun to watch, even though d/d ele being so freaking overpowered took some fun out of it. in the end double cele ele looks unbeatable. invincible in 1v1, survives way to long even when outnumbered, can disengage and heal up so easily, too much dmg for such a tanky build.

Worst of all any 2v2 fight that is ele+something else vs. 2 non-eles is pretty much guaranteed win for the side that has the ele. pumps out so much dmg himself and gives huge support to his teammate through direct heals, might, prot, regen, condi cleanses. i might have have missed it, but i didnt see a single 2v2 where the ele+something lost in the entire tournament.

Still cant blame any of the teams for running them or take anything from Abjured win, they played very well, 3 of 5 weren’t eles so you cant blame it all on balance, plus the best player imo was the thief. Even though im EU, I was cheering for Abjured anyway cause they have a necro

I hope Anet fixes cele eles until next year and we have a even better WTS. not really a fan of watching e-sports in general but gw2 is pretty exciting and i enjoyed watching the tournament. Also liked the shout-casters or whatever you call the 2 commentators, props to them

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Wait if cele eles were so op then why not run with 5 cele eles and just face roll? Oh yeah the abjured only won because of the build, then you should be beating them with even more op/cheesy builds right?

Tour

in PvP

Shadowrainer.8321

Wait if cele eles were so op then why not run with 5 cele eles and just face roll? Oh yeah the abjured only won because of the build, then you should be beating them with even more op/cheesy builds right?

The “well if X class is so OP why don’t peope run 5 of them?!” comments shows peoples low understanding and knowledge of this game. It doesn’t work like that what so ever.

pls..

in PvP

ArthurDent.9538

I don’t recall the exact circumstances of this scenario, but let’s be honest this would have to be a combination of both a massive misplay on oRNG and a massive amount of luck for the eles. Or the eles just jumped them while they were around 20% hp each
and all stacked up to be aoe’d down.
The overall trend that should be noted, as opposed to the random outlier you mention, is that abjured was completely avoiding staying in those large mid fights against 3-4 oRNG because they were simply losing all of them even with even numbers. oRNG was completely demolishing them in the almost all of the big group fights because their comp was designed around winning those fights. This would be largely from Tage’s bunker guard having more res capability then any 2 abjured players combined making converting downs to kills almost impossible. The fact that they made such a massive screw up to lose a 4v2, when they are winning almost all of their 4v4’s can’t be called anything other than an anomaly.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

The “well if X class is so OP why don’t peope run 5 of them?!” comments shows peoples low understanding and knowledge of this game. It doesn’t work like that what so ever.

pls..

Exactly the same can be said for people who whine “of course the team with 2 eles won”. No, they won because they clearly had the better tactics and rotations, plus their thief was simply beyond amazing.

ORNG used 2 guardians an won over everyone besides Abjured, so Guardians OP?

pls…