About Endure Pain...

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

… it prevents direct damage only. It does not give stability. It does not prevent the application or ticking of conditions. It does not prevent retaliation or life steal.

It’s okay to not know that when you’re a beginner. The game has a lot to learn from, after all. But… how come that, while being diamond currently, I’m paired with a player who tells me to use Endure Pain to rez him while 3 other cleave and hard CC around like mad? And when I explain, tell me… “Oh, I didn’t know”!

Match-making is terrible. But with the week-end factor, the match making becomes abysmal. This is utterly disheartening, you have to wait until 11pm in a week day to get decent matches…

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Well if its not HOT spec line based its hard to do things.

For instance i cant even rez in rampage since they reduced its stability and now even in rampage mode i get feared,knockdown and stunned constantly.

Also we all know S4 of league is about the grind and not about how good the players are.

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

For instance i cant even rez in rampage since they reduced its stability and now even in rampage mode i get feared,knockdown and stunned constantly.

Also we all know S4 of league is about the grind and not about how good the players are.

I respectfully disagree, most good player will reach legendary with less than 200 – 250 games. And since folks have to win 5 vs 5, i don’t see how skills are excluded?

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I still get teammates that run out of refuge (e.g. when we try to invade far at begin of the match) or spam AA while in downed state while i apply stealth on them and attempt to rez them. Welcome to legend, guize~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I still get teammates that run out of refuge (e.g. when we try to invade far at begin of the match) or spam AA while in downed state while i apply stealth on them and attempt to rez them. Welcome to legend, guize~

I also remember when stealth used to be an effective feature to bring to the team.

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I also remember when stealth used to be an effective feature to bring to the team.

It is still useful, just need to be more careful about because Anet handled braindead reveal to revs and engis – sole reason why you can’t play core thief in pvp in higher tiers /clap

All is Vain~

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

It is still useful, just need to be more careful about because Anet handled braindead reveal to revs and engis – sole reason why you can’t play core thief in pvp in higher tiers /clap

A good thief can play very well revealed. Its bad thieves that constantly need to be spamming stealth. These are the ones that dont know what to do with themselves when they cant go into stealth. The problem with thief is DH and their lack of damage reduction to handle the power creep.

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

A good thief can play very well revealed. Its bad thieves that constantly need to be spamming stealth. These are the ones that dont know what to do with themselves when they cant go into stealth. The problem with thief is DH and their lack of damage reduction to handle the power creep.

Did you even read what i wrote or you just post irrelevant crap on purpose?

All is Vain~

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I respectfully disagree, most good player will reach legendary with less than 200 – 250 games. And since folks have to win 5 vs 5, i don’t see how skills are excluded?

I made it to legendary in S2 in about 125 games or so and i did in season 3 in 193 games.

No idea for season 1 but i have not tried season 4 but the OP of the thread is stating that in Diamond division a player has no idea how/when is a good time to rez.

Who knows maybe this player is great mechanically and didnt know last stand could traited on top of a last stand utility skill which probably would be needed. Or going into beserk mode which gives as much stability as rampage.

Im was only trying to point out 2 things, 1 HOT spec lines are simply just way better and a trait is just as efficient as a 15 sec elite skill. 2 that players are in diamond potentially nearing legendary who dont know the class they are playing and simply grinding at ranked.

Maybe im wrong but with the amount of ESL players im seeing in unranked (which is horse dooty because i just want my dailies) and the fact that players can play 400-500 games get into legendary and boom say what ever. Doesnt change the grind of S1/S4 imo.

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I made it to legendary in S2 in about 125 games or so and i did in season 3 in 193 games.

No idea for season 1 but i have not tried season 4 but the OP of the thread is stating that in Diamond division a player has no idea how/when is a good time to rez.

Who knows maybe this player is great mechanically and didnt know last stand could traited on top of a last stand utility skill which probably would be needed. Or going into beserk mode which gives as much stability as rampage.

Im was only trying to point out 2 things, 1 HOT spec lines are simply just way better and a trait is just as efficient as a 15 sec elite skill. 2 that players are in diamond potentially nearing legendary who dont know the class they are playing and simply grinding at ranked.

Maybe im wrong but with the amount of ESL players im seeing in unranked (which is horse dooty because i just want my dailies) and the fact that players can play 400-500 games get into legendary and boom say what ever. Doesnt change the grind of S1/S4 imo.

Oh let’s be honest here, every season was a grind. S3 was bit less so for people with higher MMR or new accounts.

All is Vain~

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

@kdaddy

I was a bit upset yesterday, maybe I wasn’t clear. Fighting on mid, one player goes down, and starts being cleaved. I, as a warrior, cannot revive him: too much damage around, some skills on CD, the situation is not favorable at all for a rez. The person targets me while in the fight, then says on team chat: rez. Then he explains: you have endure pain (EP).

I was flabbergasted. EP is not a magical skill that lets a warrior disregard any kind of difficult situation and rez in a breeze. Not only did he not realize the situation we were in, but he also did not even know what EP was actually doing, as he honestly admitted in the chat later.

I know I’m just an average player, this is my first league, started from amber and currently in diamond with 119/212 (56%), mostly soloQ (duoQ for the latest games). Maybe you’re right, this can be considered grinding, and I actually deserve to be paired with a player asking “rez me with endure pain” when overwhelmed in a fight. How would I even know?ANet does not publish the strength of the players, their win/loss stats and ratios…

I know this thread is not really constructive, and I apologize for this. This is just the expression of the frustration I have playing ranked PvP. I have played some PvP games before – and in most of them, I had good games, way way more than in GW2

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

@kdaddy

I was a bit upset yesterday, maybe I wasn’t clear. Fighting on mid, one player goes down, and starts being cleaved. I, as a warrior, cannot revive him: too much damage around, some skills on CD, the situation is not favorable at all for a rez. The person targets me while in the fight, then says on team chat: rez. Then he explains: you have endure pain (EP).

I was flabbergasted. EP is not a magical skill that lets a warrior disregard any kind of difficult situation and rez in a breeze. Not only did he not realize the situation we were in, but he also did not even know what EP was actually doing, as he honestly admitted in the chat later.

I know I’m just an average player, this is my first league, started from amber and currently in diamond with 119/212 (56%), mostly soloQ (duoQ for the latest games). Maybe you’re right, this can be considered grinding, and I actually deserve to be paired with a player asking “rez me with endure pain” when overwhelmed in a fight. How would I even know?ANet does not publish the strength of the players, their win/loss stats and ratios…

I know this thread is not really constructive, and I apologize for this. This is just the expression of the frustration I have playing ranked PvP. I have played some PvP games before – and in most of them, I had good games, way way more than in GW2

No thats exactly how i saw it. I wasnt referring to you (playing as the warrior) but somebody else telling the warrior how to play it not knowing if you took said traits i mentioned earlier.

I tend to ramble and not stay on point so i can see where i might have confused you. Also no one knows where they stand unless they play in the ESL, i find this season to be a fair bit grindy but who am i to say. I know people who played 300 games or so to get into legendary 2 & 3 and i consider them to be pretty good players.

So all in all your venting because you dont understand the system (like many of us) and your playing with someone who is asking you to pick them up with a skill that goes on a 60 sec CD in a losing fight. Mind boggling sometimes.

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Just because, I took a perma stealth into PvP (Both ranked and unranked) and while I find that capping was an issue (for obvious reasons), I still managed to decap and rez and support my team with points (unranked about 1st/2nd highest point count, ranked never fell below 3rd with a minimum of 135 points) and had matches where I pulled multiple people off points to hunt me, . These numbers were from 12 unranked, 10 ranked. I have gotten revealed maybe 4-5 times around people and I certainly knew what to do. Out of the 22 matches, maybe downed 4 times at most, rezzed 15+ people without fail.

Tell me again how only bad thieves spam stealth and don’t know what to do when revealed?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

@
Cynz.9437

you should also run out of your refuge, continue to do so until you notice it’s a ridiculous skill to bring, and there’s much better skills to slot.

aka.. refuge is kitten

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

About Endure Pain...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

@
Cynz.9437

you should also run out of your refuge, continue to do so until you notice it’s a ridiculous skill to bring, and there’s much better skills to slot.

aka.. refuge is kitten

refuge is fine if you use it properly, it just has different uses than blinding powder

yes, metabattle builds are a good guide for beginner but at the end you should adjust build that fits your playstyle and not adjust to what other people tell you – i personally prefer refuge and i think i am doing fine with it :P

All is Vain~