About spvp pro leagues

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

My question is : i live in EU (greece) but i play in an NA server (Fort Aspenwood)…i am member of a team planning to apply for NA leagues…Is that against league rules? Do i have to be in an EU team since i live in europe? Do i have to server transfer to an EU server if i want to try reach pro leagues and the rest of my team (who are na citizens) will need to find a person who live in NA as 5th?I would love if a GM can answer that

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

So you guys DO read the forums, eh :P?

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Eisenwald.8562

Eisenwald.8562

They read the forums, but just don’t care to chime in on anything other than trivial small details that has nothing to do with design or balance. I guarantee that it is some kind of policy guideline that devs can’t (or have all agreed to just not) post in any controversial issues like design or balance. This seems like a mistake to me.

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Well it’s hard to participate in balance discussions with people who know the game better than you do. Can’t blame them for that…

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

He’s the Associate Global Brand Manager. He will not just log in and nerf DH.

Pumpkin – Mag

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

He’s the Associate Global Brand Manager. He will not just log in and nerf DH.

Nurf DH nuuuuuuuu so OP much wow ;(

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Jeez Grouch why spend time constructively helping people participate in tournaments, when you could be arguing with self entitled brats over why they are being beaten 1v1.

Phaatonn, London UK

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Also the Devs do read and respond to posts regularly, when the forums aren’t toxic (they are right now by gw2 standards). I’ve certainly not helped with sarcastic posts, but they are always made with an aim to make the game better.

High toxicity is usually due to balance issues, or more pertinently people dissatisfied with gameplay, so be sure they are still reading for feedback.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Jeez Grouch why spend time constructively helping people participate in tournaments, when you could be arguing with self entitled brats over why they are being beaten 1v1.

That’s about as childish as the posts you’re making fun of.

There are some very well constructed walls of text that the devs completely ignore, if they keep ignoring their pvp community, they’re simply gonna go away or start resenting you/think they’re better than you. This strategy is not working, they need to take notes from Riot.

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

That’s about as childish as the posts you’re making fun of.

You might notice I’m not claiming to be any better than them, in fact that’s as much a joke at my expense. It’s an English thing.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Everyone that has issues with some of the expansion content not being balanced is an entitled brat? Unless you somehow think they put out an expansion with tons of new abilities and traits and somehow it all came balanced out of the box? I know what shoulds childish (bratish) to me is blind faith. What is wrong with this game is the incenstouous fawning relationsip between so called pros and the devs. Haha Grouch ol’ buddy the average player is an idiot but not me teeheehee I see your brilliance buddy. You make the mocking too easy.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Eisenwald.8562

Eisenwald.8562

I think what most people, or at least myself, are frustrated with has nothing to do with X class being way more powerful than Y class. While this is true that there are many classes that are completely unbalanced with one another, I think the larger issues at hand are power creeping, bugs, and imbalance within ones own class.

While there are several classes at the moment that are pretty even with one another in regards to how powerful they are, I would still not call where we are good design. The problem is that Anet is handing out stuns, chills, evades, blocks, blinds, and stun breaks out like it’s free candy. There is also a big issue with the amount of passive skills in the game that are just way too powerful for a passive (Dragon Hunter stun breaker passive I’m look at you). With all of these stun/evade/blind/block/stability spamming classes out now, it makes the game feel extremely chaotic and unpredictable. You can no longer rely on a stuns or skillful interrupt at a crucial moment. Heck, most of the time you can’t even move unless you are a daredevil with 90% evade time or some class with 90% stability uptime. Look at warriors for instance. They have a RIDICULOUSLY ABSURD amount of stuns, but they are absolutely awful! You know why? Because counters are EVERYWHERE. By giving out so many counters and making every class overpowered, it makes the game feel like you’re playing tic tac toe without any turns but just throwing down your X’s and O’s everywhere you can without strategy. It just creates one big cluster kitten.

The other issue is that SO many utility skills and traits are absolutely useless and complete garbage. Not just in comparison with other traits or utilities, although that is true, but just in general they are useless. This is why we have everyone playing the same meta builds all day.

When devs post replies to trivial things all day but fail to even respond or acknowledge valid points like the above, THIS is why people get frustrated, and rightfully so.

About spvp pro leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I would love to see weekly Vblogs or just blogs about sPvP, balance written by dev team…