ESL Guild Wars 2 Officially Shutdown.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimheart.2853

Grimheart.2853

Good. Hopefully now they will focus on PvP balance for the average player, instead of ESL level players.

What’s wrong with people in this community deliberately demanding developers to listen to players who genuenly have worse mehanical understanding of the game? What kind of logic do you creatures operate on?

And how narrow-minded can you be?

If that was directed to me, i can only ask in return how unexplained and unargumented, and therefore invalid can your opinion get?
If that was just an addition to my statement, then seems reasonable, I guess.

(edited by Grimheart.2853)

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Good. Hopefully now they will focus on PvP balance for the average player, instead of ESL level players.

What’s wrong with people in this community deliberately demanding developers to listen to players who genuenly have worse mehanical understanding of the game? What kind of logic do you creatures operate on?

And how narrow-minded can you be?

He’s completely right. Why game should be balanced based feedback of players who don’t know what rotation means in pvp?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Sometimes you have to fall to think about what went wrong and return once again, better. I think that thanks to this fact Anet may give more focus on true quality balancing instead of trying to power creep everything into oblivion. I still have high hopes for this game mode. Pre-HoT pvp bought me and I had so much fun before elite specs, I wish we could return to those times when you had to carefully time your skills and if you did wrong, you simply died. Because as of now, there are too many mistakes that someone can make, and they are easy to recover from (mostly an overload of passive trait gameplay is at fault here – for example engy’s auto invulnerability).

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

i think there was a rule saying there couldnt be any balance updates 2 weeks prior to any tournament. now that esl is done for, im hopeing there will be more balance updates that will keep the community happy and intrigued in the pvp scene. More frequent up dates then once a quarter (3-4month)

You really think, that’s what prevents them from doing more frequent updates when there hasn’t been any tournament for more than half a year?

well there has been 2v2 and 1v1 tournys almost every other week soo there was that and now its gone so

(edited by Eddbopkins.2630)

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Anet was never balancing arround 1vs1/2vs2 and there was no rule that prevented them from doing any changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

sorry i got hope for he future of pvp still

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Maybe more troubling for me is the absolute lack of direction with the game now. We really don’t get updates anymore of what is being worked on in any areas of the game in the long term. Yes, we get small “living story” patches, “new” competitive seasons with minor adjustments and balances, and rehashed festivals. We are all guessing there is an expansion pack coming, but it has been about 1.5 years since HoT, when will we hear about this? It has been over a year since Colin left, and I know Mike’s policy is not to talk until the product is ready. But how about talking at all? To not lose the interest of your consumers?

Exactly. Mo needs to start doing some talking, even if its just a road map. But not having any idea what’s in line for the game after LWS3 ends (not to mention that only affects PvE, we have zero knowledge of what will come for PvP or WvW period) is not good.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

the ’hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhaahahahaha’s were the correct response. This is what Arenanet gets for constantly ignoring the community’s issues and suggestions

in PvP

Posted by: Morramir.6037

Morramir.6037

imda imda imda

good tiem play agaiinst you . Some tiem imda snipe, butch ragee and sniep back. still good tiem play against you.

imda imda imda

Very goodbye, much farewell

PvP = wing; got wing = no pvp Anet has to understand

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

At least they don’t need a pvp team now and can save the money for gw3.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

imda imda imda

good tiem play agaiinst you . Some tiem imda snipe, butch ragee and sniep back. still good tiem play against you.

imda imda imda

Farewell Butch boi <3

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

imda imda imda

imda imda imda

BibleThump

-

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I dont know where you placed last season but i finished almost at plat2 .

The last PvP match i did THIS season looked liked this.

The idea of balancing for weak players wont work and it doesnt work the other way either.

I wished i taped it because i would walk into 1 vs 3 fights and they couldnt even force me to use a rebound.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Do you really think, balancing arround people that don’t even understand half of the things they are talking about and that have completely different opinions on what should get changed, often based on anecdotal experiences and lack of knowledge, will somehow improve the game?

We would probably end up without any dmg skills, because apparently everything that can kill other players must be op accoding to someone …

They already do that.
Look at all the low no skill builds that play on auto pilot.
Players learn nothing because they don’t have to learn anything.
All they do is pop invulnerabilities and spam DPS like Chuck Norris.
There’s is no requirement for making hard choices,no risk and reward,just reward and reward and reward.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

OriOri.8724

The idea of balancing for weak players wont work and it doesnt work the other way either.

I wished i taped it because i would walk into 1 vs 3 fights and they couldnt even force me to use a rebound.

That’s why I’m always asking them to balance around the average player. They need to be balancing around high gold (making an assumption about the distribution of players here). Not around bronze, and not around ESL. You will never have good balance if you balance around either end of the spectrum.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

That’s why I’m always asking them to balance around the average player. They need to be balancing around high gold (making an assumption about the distribution of players here). Not around bronze, and not around ESL. You will never have good balance if you balance around either end of the spectrum.

Another +1, you are on point. Balancing around Gold would be great, not around bronze and not around the top 0.01% of the players.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

So glad we have sigil updates coming…I think this was really the thing missing in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Do you really think, balancing arround people that don’t even understand half of the things they are talking about and that have completely different opinions on what should get changed, often based on anecdotal experiences and lack of knowledge, will somehow improve the game?

We would probably end up without any dmg skills, because apparently everything that can kill other players must be op accoding to someone …

They already do that.
Look at all the low no skill builds that play on auto pilot.
Players learn nothing because they don’t have to learn anything.
All they do is pop invulnerabilities and spam DPS like Chuck Norris.
There’s is no requirement for making hard choices,no risk and reward,just reward and reward and reward.

They never nerfed the low skill floor yet super effective builds like Berserker and DH cause they weren’t popular things on tournaments, yet the game is plagued by them.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

WRONG – ESL players thanks to their experience and knowledge where first ones to discover something broken or overpowered (because when they competed they where first ones to abuse it when real money was on line). Typical Gold player plays mettabattle build or TRASH build. There is nothing to balance about and even if they have experience…too many times they don’t know what rotation is.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

BB ESL.
Can I have your stuff?

GW2 is an MMO.
It’s PvP is easily the best of any other AAA MMO,and the class balance in PvP is as good as in any other MMO,as in non existent.
The work Anet did on balancing the classes and the overall combat gameplay is good enough for an MMO.
It’s not good enough for an E Sport.
You can’t say that you are seriously pursuing E Sport status and then go on to drop a balance patch every 3 to 6 months.
It simply is not enough.

Can we now go back to having fun with the game and go away with all the E Sports and League kitten?

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The work Anet did on balancing the classes and the overall combat gameplay is good enough for an MMO.

I staunchly disagree. Just look at WvW, now.

And like… massive battlefield persistent PvP areas are basically only doable in an MMO.

ANet failed on all things competitive, bottom line.

Sadly, it has very little to do with the PvP team, and mostly with how the professions are largely balanced around PvE, especially in the past few years. Fun fact: The sPvP and WvW teams has zero control over or insight into anything profession-balance-related. This has been stated multiple times by ANet staff.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Bit of a shame. Not exactly surprised.

Get rewards tuned, get combat tuned, get people playing sPvP first before trying to push the esports.

If they get rewards back up to the level of S5 and do a big advertising push with x2, and x2 is really good, they might be able to revive the game. Trying to force it now is a waste of effort.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

hey arenanet: can i get my skill splits now that i’ve been asking for since november of 2012?

pretty please?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

WRONG – ESL players thanks to their experience and knowledge where first ones to discover something broken or overpowered (because when they competed they where first ones to abuse it when real money was on line). Typical Gold player plays mettabattle build or TRASH build. There is nothing to balance about and even if they have experience…too many times they don’t know what rotation is.

I think it’s correct to balance around high level players. But they should still fix skills that are easy pub stomp skills

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

If only they listened to thé community This could have been avoided.

what did the community suggest? Either way esports came to early there wasnt even a proper ranking system

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The PvP team has spent all of its time ignoring what the community wants (balance, more game modes, GvG, 3v3, basic PvP foundations, tutorials, rewards, fun…) and ran PvP straight into the ground.

It would be nice to think this may be recoverable over time, but with how much they hemorrhaged the playerbase and skill balance with power creep, it never will.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Yay! finally reality has hit Anet. Now maybe instead of a gimmicky map type where it sucks to not have at least 1 super fast decapper they will go with maybe what works like GUILD WARS OG PVP you know just saying.

Contrash was never a good idea for PvP when you give 1 or 2 classes ultra mobility and force people to zerg each other on little circles .

Bring back the glorious Courtyard that is tru to the bone pvp no one running around just kill or be killed.

It will take anet awhile to recover from this fail.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

‘balance around gold’

my god. no wonder this community is in the state it’s in.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Rip gw2 esports

Was already dead, this just confirms it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Here’s an article from MassivelyOP covering ESL dropping GW2 from Professional Gaming,

http://massivelyop.com/2017/04/04/esl-gaming-is-shutting-down-guild-wars-2s-e-sports-section/

perhaps ANet can reallocate those resources into making an easier Tier for Raiding comparable to Fractals T1 and T2?

in PvP

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The resources allocated were for marketing purposes. It was successful in promoting the product.

I can’t imagine how a lump sum given to an ESL company (for prizes and management) can be reallocated into making changes to the game. It will either be spent on other types of marketing or listed as a cost-cutting measure to please stockholders.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

in PvP

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Holy kitten this is absolutely kittening hilarious.

I love how you find something that’s not even about the same kittening game mode and try to use it to call for easier raids.

BTW T1 and T2 fractals are a joke, making raids at the same difficulty would mean just making it so a team of 2 or 3 players can breeze through them in a few minutes.

Anet make Rev great again.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The prize pool was from the advertisement side of GW2, per the Dev’s acknowledgement way back when.

Was wondering if one of the Devs could give additional info as to whether or not the prize pool will go to in-game tournaments instead.

Thanks!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Easier raids LUL

Far Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

New live-act ad trailers

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

New language packs. Enjoy GW2’s trash story now available in tamil and bengali

in PvP

OriOri.8724

I staunchly disagree. Just look at WvW, now.

And like… massive battlefield persistent PvP areas are basically only doable in an MMO.

ANet failed on all things competitive, bottom line.

Sadly, it has very little to do with the PvP team, and mostly with how the professions are largely balanced around PvE, especially in the past few years. Fun fact: The sPvP and WvW teams has zero control over or insight into anything profession-balance-related. This has been stated multiple times by ANet staff.

Balance would be better if it was only balanced around PvE. But instead random balance changes are made with either only WvW or only PvP in mind.

Change to stab was made because of WvW

Quickness/Slow stomps were removed because of PvP

Bunker meta was nerfed directly because of PvP

SoI and Facet of Nature, for all ANet might say otherwise, were nerfed as a direct response to the perma every boon meta in WvW. They were absolutely not nerfed because of PvE, this was all WvW inspired.

And this is their problem. They will randomly apply gamewide balance to fix what they consider a problem in only 1 game mode. And then over time this propagates to classes that aren’t well balanced in any game mode. So to compensate, they are just buffed to make PvE better, which just makes them even more braindead in PvP/WvW etc….

They need to have a true balance patch. Touching almost every single skill, trait, rune and sigil in the game (as well as thinking about removing some stats choices possibly). And when they do it, they need to implement true skill splitting between the game modes.

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

From LordHelseth on Reddit :

"

“yay now my game mode will have frequent updates, expansion will release next month, theyll have more devs because they finally stopped working on esports”

Last esportss project was 6 months ago and obviously paid for well before it happened.

How much of a difference are you feeling?

Diamond in smite after one month, keep an eye out for us!
"

in PvP

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

Nail in the coffin.

We’re done here. Ya kittening blew it anet.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

perhaps ANet can reallocate those resources into making an easier Tier for Raiding

LOL, in a game where groups of 4/5/6 have been clearing many of the bosses for months and where a guy soloed a raid boss, the raids in this game are already considered a joke and you want them made easier…

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

If only they listened to the community This could have been avoided.

The community doesn’t have the best track record for recommending changes. I would also argue that the community did not go out of its way to make it successful. There were a few people that made an effort to make it successful, but not nearly enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The community doesn’t have the best track record for recommending changes. I would also argue that the community did not go out of its way to make it successful. There were a few people that made an effort to make it successful, but not nearly enough.

There were actually quite a few good suggestions way back when, but Anet never read the forums much, threads were shut down, and really Anet never implemented any 1/2 decent changes anyways.

Really they just have to look back at GW1 for inspiration, but they ignore it like the plague.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

I strongly disagree. This is borderline victim shaming. They give us a kitten product and expect high community participation, then without making crucial changes they continue shoving it down our throat and expect us to like it? Sorry, not with you here. Not the community’s fault. This is all on Arenanet and they deserved it. #toddlerfistbumpmeme

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

I strongly disagree. This is borderline victim shaming. They give us a kitten product and expect high community participation, then without making crucial changes they continue shoving it down our throat and expect us to like it? Sorry, not with you here. Not the community’s fault. This is all on Arenanet and they deserved it. #toddlerfistbumpmeme

That is an interesting twist of logic confusing personal accountability with victim shaming. If a game manufacturer doesn’t implement changes you want after you already paid for the product, does that make you a victim? The only way I’ll believe you are a victim is if you in a third world labor camp where you are chained to a desk and forced to farm gold in GW2 for food. If so you better not waste your time on the forums or you won’t be eating well tonight.

Any successful sporting community had tons of champions for the game at all levels. There are plenty of volunteer coaches at introductory levels, and opportunities for players to learn from more experienced people and play the game the right way.

For the most part people only play sPvP for an in game reward, and do whatever they can to get their rewards as fast as possible. They don’t care how their actions affect other players or the community at a whole. Whether it was stacking a pro league team with all the best players, smurfing, queue dodging, match manipulation, afking, flaming someone that made a mistake…

Whether people chose to believe it or not, their actions are just as powerful as the mechanics of the game. There are plenty of games out there that are more or less the same. They all have flaws and their good points, but some are more popular than others. The best technical solution isn’t always the most popular.

in PvP

Posted by: Zxavier Augistine.7312

Zxavier Augistine.7312

while im happy to hear that Anet’s hubris bit them in the backside and refused to let go in this case. a thought occurs to me, maybe this is because they’re losing devs to other companies?

Mike O said a while ago hes looking for a new lead dev with no announcement on finding someone new, theres been people leaving left and right, maybe they dont have the people to actually do anything about this, or fixing wvw, or producing more content for pve?

dont get me wrong, im still salty over seeing WvW being left behind in the dust and glad to see that competitive pvp not being a thing in the near future, i still think its probably due to the company being understaffed and not fully up to the task at this moment.

still my original opinion stands that at this moment, this is a good thing and bad thing for gw2. hopefully more good than bad, as much as i want gw2 to succeed in turning this around, i want them to take this lesson and actually learn from it.

there was a time when the devs listened to us and wanted our feedback and shared with us, now theyre as cold as ice with us and have turned their back so viciously that a ban or a reprimand or a thread lock is always the first thing on their minds rather than understanding and comprehending the issue thats being addressed.

people are the reason we cant have nice things…
Guild Wars 2: waiting for content simulator.

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

That is an interesting twist of logic confusing personal accountability with victim shaming. If a game manufacturer doesn’t implement changes you want after you already paid for the product, does that make you a victim? The only way I’ll believe you are a victim is if you in a third world labor camp where you are chained to a desk and forced to farm gold in GW2 for food. If so you better not waste your time on the forums or you won’t be eating well tonight.

Any successful sporting community had tons of champions for the game at all levels. There are plenty of volunteer coaches at introductory levels, and opportunities for players to learn from more experienced people and play the game the right way.

For the most part people only play sPvP for an in game reward, and do whatever they can to get their rewards as fast as possible. They don’t care how their actions affect other players or the community at a whole. Whether it was stacking a pro league team with all the best players, smurfing, queue dodging, match manipulation, afking, flaming someone that made a mistake…

Whether people chose to believe it or not, their actions are just as powerful as the mechanics of the game. There are plenty of games out there that are more or less the same. They all have flaws and their good points, but some are more popular than others. The best technical solution isn’t always the most popular.

You said the community didn’t go out of its way to make it successful. Sorry, but LULWAT? how is it at all the community’s fault? The made a kitten product, they can’t possibly tell us to enjoy it when it isn’t enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryu.5801

Ryu.5801

What!? ESL is the only correct way to balance. Everything else is a l2p issue.

If you have an issue, then get good rather than expecting the whole system to regress backwards to fit your needs.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

There were actually quite a few good suggestions way back when, but Anet never read the forums much, threads were shut down, and really Anet never implemented any 1/2 decent changes anyways.

Really they just have to look back at GW1 for inspiration, but they ignore it like the plague.

Personally I liked the PvP in GW1 better. However, it had the same issue GW2 has. The game has too many options, and it is too complicated. Also, at launch GW2’s focus was clearly not sPvP. It was all about PVE content, and to some extent WvW. What they learned from GW1 was in this genre of game PvE pays the bills.

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Um…

Are you forgetting about the much needed development of outfits/skins in the gem store?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

while im happy to hear that Anet’s hubris bit them in the backside and refused to let go in this case. a thought occurs to me, maybe this is because they’re losing devs to other companies?

Mike O said a while ago hes looking for a new lead dev with no announcement on finding someone new, theres been people leaving left and right, maybe they dont have the people to actually do anything about this, or fixing wvw, or producing more content for pve?

dont get me wrong, im still salty over seeing WvW being left behind in the dust and glad to see that competitive pvp not being a thing in the near future, i still think its probably due to the company being understaffed and not fully up to the task at this moment.

still my original opinion stands that at this moment, this is a good thing and bad thing for gw2. hopefully more good than bad, as much as i want gw2 to succeed in turning this around, i want them to take this lesson and actually learn from it.

there was a time when the devs listened to us and wanted our feedback and shared with us, now theyre as cold as ice with us and have turned their back so viciously that a ban or a reprimand or a thread lock is always the first thing on their minds rather than understanding and comprehending the issue thats being addressed.

https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Reviews/ArenaNet-Reviews-E255820.htm

this is interesting, take it with a grain of salt though.