Absolutely no reward last round.

in PvP

Posted by: RyuKaiser.7302

RyuKaiser.7302

So, I was doing an arena battle room. For all intents and purposes, we were DESTROYED. 0 to 500. Now, thing is, I floored quite a few enemies (but naturally, never got the kills or a reward for knocking them down, thanks to the “brilliant” system of this game). At th end of the match… absolutely no reward whatsoever.

I’m going to be frank with you. The only reason I’m even touching PvP is because of the reward tracks. If I’m not moving towards this goal… then I see no reason to participate, and the PvP is pretty much the only reason I’m even playing at the moment.

Is it really too much to ask to get a reward for a knock down, so at least I can say “Oh yes, well, at least I did something” instead of looking at a big fat 0 and going “… I have no chopper back-up. Hit Eject” and fisting the escape button as hard as I can to the tune of the SWAT Kats theme? Because quite honestly, if I’m getting absolutely no reward whatsoever… I don’t see a point in it.

Edit: We were doing an Arena battle, so we got absolutely no kills. There were no points to cap.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

You guys didn’t get a single point? No reward seems appropriate then. The point should be to win not earn rewards. If you want rewards play something else. We play to win here in GW2! Just my opinion however.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

So, in PvE, do you get rewarded for ‘almost’ killing a boss, now?

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

So, I was doing an arena battle room. For all intents and purposes, we were DESTROYED. 0 to 500. […] At th end of the match… absolutely no reward whatsoever.

Wait wait…let me understand. You do 0 points and you are asking for rewards? WOW.

From my point of view, reward (reward track, rank points, etc) should be give only to the victorious team. All this freaking kitten of PvErs that do PvP just for rewards will end easily. DOT.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I never thought I’d ever see such a post. Not sure if troll…

The easy solution is don’t play arena deathmatch.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Did your entire team not get a reward, or just you?

After two tiers, custom arenas (which “Play Now” and Courtyard are a part of) stop rewarding track progression, so you have to play soloq/teamq to get any progression.

in PvP

RyuKaiser.7302

Well, let’s see.

In War of the Vikings, if I knock someone down (IE, dying, but not dead), I get 100 EXP for it. That’s where the majority of it actually comes from. If I get hits on an enemy in most games, and they die/get knocked down, I get EXP for helping my team mates win, IE, assists. Since killing is so ridiculously hard in this game, I’d suspect that we’d at least get SOME points for at least trying to help our team out.

As for these elitist shenanigans: Save it. I’m not here to play Dark Souls, or whatever super duper hardcore game that you think this game is/should be. I’m here to play simple rounds of PvP, and try to have some fun while earning skins. Sorry if this isn’t hardcore enough for you.

Not to mention healing and buffs and other things also gets you points in games, which rewards you for working as a team. There are times on TF2 where the Medics have the highest scores.

(edited by RyuKaiser.7302)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Well, let’s see.

In War of the Vikings, if I knock someone down (IE, dying, but not dead), I get 100 EXP for it. That’s where the majority of it actually comes from. If I get hits on an enemy in most games, and they die/get knocked down, I get EXP for helping my team mates win, IE, assists. Since killing is so ridiculously hard in this game, I’d suspect that we’d at least get SOME points for at least trying to help our team out.

As for these elitist shenanigans: Save it. I’m not here to play Dark Souls, or whatever super duper hardcore game that you think this game is/should be. I’m here to play simple rounds of PvP, and try to have some fun while earning skins. Sorry if this isn’t hardcore enough for you.

Not to mention healing and buffs and other things also gets you points in games, which rewards you for working as a team. There are times on TF2 where the Medics have the highest scores.

When the game starts, ask your whole team to come stand on your home node together and cap. Then you will get 10 points. Problem solved.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

RyuKaiser.7302

I think you’re overreacting and hurting your argument by throwing in threats of quitting. Just think, how often is this really going to happen? Is it really worth freaking out about something that might happen in, at worst, one in 30 matches?

I do think you should get the same reward for losing, even if you get 0 points. But your tone is doing more harm than good.

Eh, I said I was fisting the escape button, but the uninstall button. I log out of the game in rage and vent here, rather than staying in the game and remaining toxic. Figured that’d the lesser of the two evils.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

You get points for assists, you get points for decaps, points for caps, points for treb hits (or other secondary objectives based on the map)

If you just ran around, trying to kill people and failing, and not helping to get any of the capture points…I think it is only fitting you do not get a reward.

And yes…if you aid in the death of an enemy (even bu hitting him only a few times) and someone else kills him, you do get points.

So the fact that you got 0 reward must have meant your entire team simply did nothing to win the match, and this, no reward is given, that is not how the game-mode is designed.

That is kind of like saying I missed the first jump in a jumping puzzle, but someone else finished it, I should get the chest too just because I jumped once and missed.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

RyuKaiser.7302

Is anyone actually reading what I posted? At the very bottom I said “EDIT: WE WERE DOING AN ARENA BATTLE, SO WE GOT ABSOLUTELY NO KILLS. THERE WERE NO POINTS TO CAP”. Yet half the posts I see here are telling me to capture points.

… Seriously people?

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Is anyone actually reading what I posted? At the very bottom I said “EDIT: WE WERE DOING AN ARENA BATTLE, SO WE GOT ABSOLUTELY NO KILLS. THERE WERE NO POINTS TO CAP”. Yet half the posts I see here are telling me to capture points.

… Seriously people?

The point still stands: if you didn’t manage to kill a single enemy, then you don’t deserve a reward either. Sheesh, what’s so hard to understand about that?

edit: If you want rewards for doing the bare minimum, there’s always that other game mode. You know, PvE? Since the wardrobe is unified, you’ll unlock skins from PvE for PvP too

(edited by Crovax.7854)

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

… Seriously people?

Wow…freak out a little more.

So what you mean by “Arena Battle” is actually TDM Courtyard? When I see “Arena” I figure Team Arenas or Solo Arena….cuz you know….arena…

Currently TDM is in beta, it is not a supported gamemode yet anyways, so I doubt their way of handing out points will be how they are supposed to be, and will probably be seeing alot of changes in the future. If you want to be guaranteed some points/match bonuses, you will want to play Conquest.

For future reference, try to avoid the allcaps, it really doesn’t help you get a point across, just makes you look whiney :/

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]