Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

I’ve played bit of sPvP today. Usually I use “Play Now” button that allows me to join the battle immediately.
Today I was sent into few battles that had only one player on both sides. Some of these players have told me to go away in very rude manner.
My most shocking experience was autojoining 2 on 2 battle where there were people of the same guild from Vabbi server on both sides. These people did not help their teammates (me or another random on the other side) while standing nearby and watching.

Is that considered correct?

Screenshots were made, of course.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

The lack of dueling in this game is very disappointing for most of the players, so they have to get to empty servers and duel that way. Do not go to servers with a strange amount of people (2 for example), let them have their fun, and you can even try dueling yourself – its a great way to get a lot more skillful at pvp.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

They’re testing builds since anet has no dual system/private arenas. I bet it’s real fun for them to join an empty server only to have some guy come in and try and grief them.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

What they said! And yes, sometimes those people can be rude because they are trying to duel, but other people join in and start capping points or interrupting. That part is a bit annoying, but still, they should’ve asked politely…

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Lianna.6980

I can fully understand their feelings, but I do not like the idea of using ingame mechanics of “Play Now” and getting verbal abuse.
Even more – if the battle is not 1 on 1 and some of the players do not even help their team.
In some games it gets people banned – I’ve worked for one popular project as moderator and we’ve banned lots of such players.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Yeah, usually lots of people gather in empty arenas and duel. Hot joins are as bad for you as it is for them so I usually just sit and watch not doing anything. Is incredibly fun and you can learn a lot from the duels.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

They’re testing builds since anet has no dual system/private arenas. I bet it’s real fun for them to join an empty server only to have some guy come in and try and grief them.

Or they could have not acted like 10 year olds and asked poilitely.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

As your title says “1vs1 arena”, thats exactly what the small servers are, nothing more annoying then going to an empty server to duel someone and mid fight someone jumps in and kills you.
Every time i join a server with 2-4 ppl I always ask if they are dueling, if they are i will ask for a duel, if not i will cap some points and 2vs2 etc.

If these players abused you for no reason then that is unnaceptable, but i have a feeling their anger stems from the fact you killed 1 of them as they were halfway through a duel without asking. (it is quite obvious that they are dueling if 2 players are fighting and the rest are looking on from the sides)

TBH i have no idea how a ‘pvp’ game could be released without a dueling system or an a 1vs1,2vs2 or 3vs3 arena/deathmatch feature.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

Apparently using ones brain is not an option after pressing the “play now” button.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Ominous.8702

Ominous.8702

Several things to say here. First off, you’re clearly new to the sPvP scene so I’ll get you up to speed. Anet has brought this kind of thing on themselves by not having a dueling system. Second, this game punishes bad decision making in PvP HARD. This means that often “helping” a teammate is a great way to get you and your teammate killed, or cause your team to start losing the overall match. Third, and this is key: do not use the “Play Now” button. Take the time to find a server with an open spot and join it. That way, you won’t be stepping on anyone’s toes, and you’ll avoid a lot of this verbal abuse that you seem to be incapable of handling.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: besbin.6302

besbin.6302

Why should he be capable of ‘handling abuse’? There is no excuse for it whatsoever. So after receiving a childish abusive tirade from a stroppy teenager he should have just apologised for disturbing them and left? Great way to encourage anti social behaviour don’t you think? If they had explained the situation to the OP politely I am sure he would have been more than happy to accomodate them.

I once joined a server with 8 players as I dislike the zerg fest of 8 v 8. I received a similar welcome and stayed until the end of the game. If this pro guild had explained what they were doing politely, of course I would have left immediately.

Yes, there should be a duel feature. It is not the fault of the duellers that they are forced to take a server to try out new builds etc. However, it is certainly not the fault of the OP that he hit the ‘play now’ button, which is supposed to be the feature you use to be matched with players of similar rank, and he was landed with these a holes.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Ominous.8702

Ominous.8702

Why should he be capable of ‘handling abuse’? There is no excuse for it whatsoever. So after receiving a childish abusive tirade from a stroppy teenager he should have just apologised for disturbing them and left? Great way to encourage anti social behaviour don’t you think? If they had explained the situation to the OP politely I am sure he would have been more than happy to accomodate them.

I once joined a server with 8 players as I dislike the zerg fest of 8 v 8. I received a similar welcome and stayed until the end of the game. If this pro guild had explained what they were doing politely, of course I would have left immediately.

Yes, there should be a duel feature. It is not the fault of the duellers that they are forced to take a server to try out new builds etc. However, it is certainly not the fault of the OP that he hit the ‘play now’ button, which is supposed to be the feature you use to be matched with players of similar rank, and he was landed with these a holes.

I’m just sayin…there’s a really easy way to avoid the whole situation. Also, this is the internet. If you can’t handle verbal abuse…then honestly you need to consider just getting off the net, seriously.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

How about stop being such a kitten and do not expect that all the people on the internet will be pleasant… Why should he be capable of handling the abuse? Because if you can’t teach yourself (create a “mental armor”) to ignore idiots on the internet, you will have less opportunities to have fun while being there. Since there is no physical consequences for being a kitten online (unless you have the skill and funds to trace ip/go to other city or country/punch him in the face) you have a pretty big chance to sometimes meet them.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Stin.9781

Stin.9781

He obviously wanted to hang out with his friend/guildie/teammate and he wanted to test builds in pvp, you warent welcome there, and he didnt want you there. He could ofcourse ask you to leave, but he chose easier way to tell you to kitten out of here, and ignored the others who ware ingame in team for solo reason he wasnt there to do Spvp.

Former Devils Inside Thief R43

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Lianna.6980

I have a feeling that some facts need to be clarified in order to provide more insight.

1) The game offers certain mechanics called “Play now”. There is no need to verbally attack those who use it.
Once I’ve met a guy who have thought that using Castling in Chess is not fair. That was his vision on how to play Chess. No need to say he was not very good player, but he had his sense of How Chess should be played properly.
If Joe thinks the only way game should be played is running around naked using 1-skill only, that’s his idea. No need to enforce it on the others.

2) I did NOT attack any players who have mentioned that they are “duelling” unless I was attacked by one of them – that happened once only.

3) I am new to Guild Wars 2, playing from pre-purchase only. I have won second/third prizes in several PvP tournaments in World of Tanks, therefore I’m not new to online PvP. Personally I consider myself noob in every game, because I believe that’s the only way how to learn.

In short: if someone believes that he/she is free to tweak game options/mechanics/rules to fit their own Code of Conduct, they are free to do so. But let other players play their game as it is intended to be played.

For those who believe my intention was to ruin someone’s fun, please re-read points 1 and 2.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

Just take it as a misunderstanding and move on. Try joining rooms that are 14/16 or 15/16 instead.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Fellknight.4820

Fellknight.4820

In my day the term abuse wasn’t just thrown around because someone was being a meanie.

Being alil rude and abusing someone is worlds apart let’s try to keep the drama lvl at sane.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

They may have been tired of people jumping in and killing them. now i’m not saying that you did anything wrong, or that what they did was right, but i’m sure they get interrupted a lot by people who just get in and go to town and overreacted.

this game desperately needs pvp arenas.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Abuse in "1 on 1 arena"

in PvP

Posted by: Kso.6458

Kso.6458

Thicken up that skin imo.