Abuse in sPvP

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I dont receive abuse really but i dont do anything stupid enough to cause it. There will always be hotheads who rage around at every little thing, just ignore or troll then and continue with your life.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Just tell them they are worms, and they should remember it or remind them what they really are. These people value their bragging rights more than their character. Don’t give them any respect for they have a twisted sense of honor. Don’t give them the recognition they crave and desire, and speaking of which, like they say, it’s probably best to ignore.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Since the patch (note that I wasn’t playing before the patch, and I’m a PvP player), I’ve seen so much stupid, close-minded talks. People complaining about really little things. Putting all the faults on the others… And people are never admitting their mistakes/fails (includes me sometimes).
There’re too much rank 80 kids now, who think they are pro-pvp-players, just because of their rank. Some should know that in this game PvP rank never meant something serious.
Anyway, people should be tolerant toward new players coming into PvP. We seriously need more people in PvP, and they will be good with time. If you disgust them, what good can it make? And since the game has started, you can’t do anything about it but being nice, giving them orders/advice. You can communicate without being hateful.
If you are being hateful, insulting, that means only one thing : you are a closed-minded little kid, not even a real player and you should seriously kitten.

Directly block them if they are being insulting. But if they are giving advice, you should consider it.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Dragons raging in hotjoin about nubs ruining “their” games always makes me lose a small bit of hope for humanity.

One – Piken Square

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Abusive language shouldn’t be tolerated.

What also shouldn’t be tolerated, though, are complete newbies joining ranked matches and screwing their whole team. Too many times does the match start, I run to home, and some jerk comes and stands with me on the point while our team loses at mid. Then I leave and look back, and some thief has downed them because they couldn’t handle sitting there. Or how about the people fighting next to/above/below the point instead of on it where they could have neutralized it. Or how about when I’m being hammered on by 3 or 4 of the enemy team and that one idiot comes in by himself as though he could save the day instead of bypassing us and capping another point while they waste their time with me. Or so many jerks who just melt when facing someone because they threw the zerker amulet and PvE traits on instead of taking the 5 minutes to find a PvP build.

If you found yourself doing any of those things, you don’t belong in ranked matches, or you need to be a little more understanding if someone starts venting about how badly the team is doing because of so many people — including you — not knowing simple things.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Hacko.1578

Hacko.1578

Report and block commands make me happy anytime I see these “wonderful” people.

Use them wisely.

Sometimes I try reasoning with them when I have the time, but when all fails you got these utilities to stop the abuse.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Lets just say there really needs to be a min rank for soloque… There is absolutely no reason someone that is PvP r2 (i asked and that was their honest answer.) should be in soloque. Better tutorials need to occur on Anets side (lets face it the one they have now is garbage.)

And I think guilds should start hosting events showing the finer points of 5v5 play. Because people that just join soloque don’t get what rotate out means…. I have heard everything from " I am home bunker I can never leave no matter what," to “Why the hell don’t we have any points I keep pushing far and you guys are losing.” Well that was because he was pushing far and losing 1v1 and the person that beat him would come join the team fight leaving us outnumbered….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Pnoi.8903

Pnoi.8903

Coming from a player who mostly spend my “available” time in solo q I can attest to the behavior. I had some guy call me horrible names and end with “come talk to me when you have half the skill as I do” to which I respond, “The players that type the most trash, -are usually the biggest scrubs of the game skill wise and brain wise. So go talk more trash and look even more stupid than you are now.”

I’m not overly hyped about winning as much as I am with helping the community grow. I myself have reached top 50 in LB before (even though it means nothing) and still make dumb plays, do I deserve to be tounge lashed? probably, but to the degree that some people do it, no.

It does get on my nerves when you are constantly being paired with the same sore loser, best advice, friend/block them wait for them to que and then join as soon as you see them in game.

A general guideline to see how bad people are in solo q / yolo q/ hot join, the more they talk trash the more scrubbish they are.

As the old saying goes, “empty vessels make the loudest noise”. Stay humble, stay good and get better, only way to win more games

IGN : Pnoi

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah it is silly.

Especially in hotjoin – nobody has the right to hate on other players/their team in that game mode – I usually tell them to kitten off to solo/teamq if they care so much about winning.

Hotjoin has one objective – to have fun – that can be through good fights, weird builds, and sometimes winning the stupid points race. I’m not going to sit on a point and fight to prevent decap if I don’t want to. It’s small scale wvw when I can’t be bothered to run around looking for enemies.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It’s a fine line to tread in PvP and people throw around the word “toxic” all too quickly.

In general we have to distinguish between two things:

1. Venting/trash talk: This is a way some people deal with an impending loss or how they vent their frustration. This can be a standard “L2P” or “noob”, “lolcondi bunker” or “cheeser” expression. It can also take others forms of QQ, maybe about playing in a premade or stacking bunkers. I think this is to be expected in a PvP setting. Even professional sportsmen downtalk each other a little, nobody is above that.

However what we should take note of here is that none of these “insults” are directed at the player themselves, rather than at the game/his character/his build/his skill etc. So in that way they aren’t personal attacks and should be tolerated.

2. Verbal abuse: Is when people cross that line, out of rage, extensive frustration or whatever. I don’t think you need any examples but this is when things get personal and “blocking” and reporting are justified.

I think seeing the difference between these two is important. I don’t want sPvP to become a super-sanitized environment because we have become super sensitive to everything. It’s called player vs. player for a reason.

On the other hand I acknowledge that at time people can cross the line and that doesn’t need to be tolerated.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello my frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

If you can’t take mean people saying mean things to you then the Internet is not the place for you my frand! The correct response to madtyping is to laugh and make them even more mad! If you start crying, they win!

The best way to make someone on the opposite team really upset is to spawn camp them! Try it then laugh at their rage! Unfortunately for a rager on your own team your only weapon is text! Try to make them type during combat so they die! When they do you can quip something like, “Get good, son!” or “lol uded”! Watch the rage ensue! Hilarity for weeks!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

lol someone abused you because they thought you were hacking by using renewed focus? XD

sounds like you were abused by a newcomer to pvp,
i doubt there is a single pvper that hasn’t seen a guardian using renewed focus before since it is regarded by many of us as the only decent guardian elite for pvp.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Talking trash is basically part of the game for me :/
Solo que just isn’t fun if you’re not talking trash.
I only see PVE heros using super strong language and racial slurs though.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

If you can’t take mean people saying mean things to you then the Internet is not the place for you my frand!

And yeah don’t forget : the first thing to write when posting on Internet is, show how crazy skill you have, even if the subject don’t care about it so you would be taken seriously!
(I’m just curious, how do you know that you are #1 Engi NA?)

But yeah you’re right, not taking the haters seriously and making fun of them is quiet fun actually. Block the guy and every time you kill him /laugh. He or his entire team will get so angry

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

If you can’t take mean people saying mean things to you then the Internet is not the place for you my frand!

And yeah don’t forget : the first thing to write when posting on Internet is, show how crazy skill you have, even if the subject don’t care about it so you would be taken seriously!
(I’m just curious, how do you know that you are #1 Engi NA?)

But yeah you’re right, not taking the haters seriously and making fun of them is quiet fun actually. Block the guy and every time you kill him /laugh. He or his entire team will get so angry

I think you missed the joke :/ or several of them. Arrdee doesn’t even play pvp. or hasn’t in such a long time that he’s not on the leaderboards NA or EU Solo or team.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

In PvP you’ll notice..

If you beat someone, your class is either OP or you’re hacking.
If you’re the same class as them, then yes.. you’re OBVIOUSLY using cheats.

Don’t let them bother you, take pity on those elitists for taking the game too seriously. It’s all for enjoyment.

When people decide to flood me with abuse, I tend to ignore them or just continually reply with “yes” or something. Eventually they get bored.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

1. Venting/trash talk: This is a way some people deal with an impending loss or how they vent their frustration.

Its mostly a way to vent frustration after a loss or even a lost skirmish. I present to you one of my latest gems displaying not 1 but 2 examples in a single screenshot:

Situation 1: Warrior at clocktower sitting on point with me assisting from the sides with grenades and pushing in for heals. It was a 2v2 situation where he got attacked by a mesmer and an engineer. The mesmer used static field and the warrior ate all grenades and sat in the static field untill he died. His reaction “5 in mid” and “4v1 me”. Yet it was a 2v2 where he made the mistake of eating all dmg.

Situation 2: Seconds before the end of the game we have 2 points The only thing we needed to do is not die and keep the points we have. So i state in chat that they have 3 in the middle….and to not die there. All but one rushes middle and try to get that third point for some reason. Getting killed was the only way we couldve lost that at the end. So what did the engineer that got stomped in the end say “wars kittened”. While he was the one that almost threw the game for us.

Moral of the story; ppl often rage when they fail and try to blame everything but themselves.

Attachments:

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Id just try to get used to it and ignore as much as possible. I play a necro so as you can imagine i get told all sorts of things even tho i dont run condi/mm/any listed meta build, i will still get the sterotypical necro insults. I kinda just take them as compliments, especially when some1 whispers u and sets themselves to offline to you cant respond so they can hide.

All in all just have fun PvPing, and try to get with others that enjoy pvp with you so you can have a good time talking to them while playing.

Abuse in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Well I’ve now taken on a new policy – block, every time, especially personal attacks.

Previously I’d just ignore it, but I don’t even want to see such nonsense in the chat box anymore. At least then I can play without reading other people’s whining/trash talk.