Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

best of 3 wins the match

ladder by classes

top 3 of each class gets one reward at the end of the 1v1 season

two options to play the 1v1, vs your own class only, or vs any class

format is 1v1, no capture point at all, just go and kill him, he is down he ress he can come back, you kill two times you win the match, 5 mins max match if nobody dies or wins, the winner will be defined by who downed most times the other guy or another method which will involve

you need 1v1 battlegrounds and i really mean it with you really do need, just like when we asked for account dye insteand of character dye, stuff has been asked since launch and yet nothing, even when a white knight comes and says ‘’i play for fun and i dont want to see 1v1s’’ well he play for fun he shouldnt care and some people play for fun too but they like 1v1s

thanks, bye

I took an arrow to the knee

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Whats the point of 1v1 if some classes are almost unbeatable in 1v1 and it just dont take as much effort to kill someone with it and have godlike survivability for 1v1’s because they survive kitten good also in team focus.

Class vs Class is okay so you don’t have to face unbalance. As almost everyone knows which classes would be on the top of that all class ladder and thats not necromancer and probably not eles. So its only good for 1v1 OP classes that very hard to kill by their mechanic passive defense and shields etc. and mobility while also having lots of dps.

You can kill some random guys 1v1 in ranked but when its league or something you can see what happened. Necromancer got almost one shotd by warrior and thats about the 1v1 league. Now its probably almost the same for eles. Im not sure as im not playing ele.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Despite the horrible thread structure he does have a point

This is a western MMORPG and here things get much more ’’personal’’ than any other region. A 1v1 arena only makes sense. It shouldnt be too hard to create either.

I’d suggest adding a damage count at the end of every 2 minutes in case nobody dies and whoever deals the most damage wins the round. You know, to punish those who go full cheese. Its a deathmatch, you shouldnt be there looking to outlive, you should be looking to kill while not being killed.

Yes, it requires a different kind of balance but i am feeling that developers are starting to head that way with the removal of full tank amulets. An even better way to deal with this is allowing the balance team be split from the PvE team of developers, giving them more freedom to change things around in order to provide the class harmony to make deathmatches fun and fair. Most matchups right now (thinking of class, not builds) are quite balanced to be honest, but a few exceptions come to mind such as revenant vs mesmer or thief vs dragonhunter, which are usually uphill battles.

1v1 Arenas are also a great way to incentive development of personal skill while providing decent rewards for it. I mean, come on, the rosters are filled with 1v1 Dueling Rooms, obviously there is a community for it.

Plus, conquest is getting old and boring. Some players would rather have a more straightforward and simple game mode where they can flex their epen.

Please no hidden names bullkitten either. Its ok to block on the map but you gotta know who it is that you’re fighting. It doesn’t feel as rewarding otherwise. Don’t try to keep a competitive situation from being competitive.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

While i would like 2:2, 3:3 and 4:4 scenarios added, I think dueling is just for training.

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

The game’s 1v1 matchups are rock paper scissors, this doesn’t work.

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

No it’s mostly skill based even against hardcounters. I’ve seen hardcounters lose too many times spectating duels to say skill has nothing to do in 1v1s.

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I’ve been working on an idea for this. See to the link:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Suggestion-1v1-Arena/first#post6395154

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

if you dont like 1v1s and think everything is about luck, then stay out of it an do not even post neither because all you will do is type a wall of excuses which will have hidden key words of why you dont like 1v1s, from being bad to being scare to dont care to ‘’the best will feel the best’’ (bingo he is) etc

this game need 1v1 battlegrounds, each freaking mmo out there it has it, we already have team, realm v realm, and going to wvw to find duels is just a big waste of time when we could have them in here

there has been a lot of people in the past which had the same question and even today, isnt a matter of only 1 person even all this new free accounts asking theirselves the same because they came from an mmo with 1v1 battlegrounds, i prepurchased the game and this question has always been in the air from the start ‘’why dont we have 1v1s?’’ this doesnt affect community this doesnt affect others which wont play it, this simply will bring fun to the people who like to duel or do 1v1s

add it, thanks

I took an arrow to the knee

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

No it’s mostly skill based even against hardcounters. I’ve seen hardcounters lose too many times spectating duels to say skill has nothing to do in 1v1s.

This is such an idiotic comment… smh…

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Yeah. One thing i like on GW is that builds can counter each other. Yes skill makes a lot but it´s not guranteed to be deciding. I am a player that likes to build out of meta an counters. After a short playtime where my skill was quite low i built to counter zerker meta over a year ago. The result was that i could beat top players using meta power burst builds. I can remember that duel. I did see he is good using obstacles, doging key skills but he lost against me playing tactical smart using a counterbuild and his superior reflexes did´t help. On the other side my build got destroyed by rooki condi mesmer and necro. when i go into a duel arena with my ele i would know that i beat top players using something like power revenant but will loose against average warriors or mesmers. It´s even noticeable in class duels if build are largely diffrent.
Of course overal skill gets you more wins. I nearly 100% beat revenenants, but a few weeks ago i met one that was so good, i just lost the duels 0:5 … Maybe he also had a slight tweak from meta build. I don´t know.

I like duels no question and dueling grounds are a good thing, but ranked dueling makes no sense in GW2.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

As i’ve said ranked dueling doesn’t work without 1v1 balancing. You get a ladder full of Warriors,Guardians, Mesmers and Revenants, Druids you just get owned hard if play any other class probably. I like dueling too but i don’t see the point for ranked 1v1 if X classes beat me because i play Y class most of the time and after people getting owned with classes they have no chance they start to reroll W G M R D and it becomes boring always Warrior and Guardian 1v1 at top or something like this. So what if i dont like full melee fighting and bows and also don’t like mesmer and that purple or pink skill icons?

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Add 1v1 battlegrounds

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

I’m not on board with the 1v1 notion because I can only imagine the complaints of OP builds. But, I will say that when the 2v2 weekly ESL weeklies existed, that was the most fun I’ve had in the game hands down when it comes to pvp. All you would really need to do is no class stacking and only one supportive/defensive amulet allowed per team like the rules were in the weekly.