Add Bank access in the Heart of the Mists

in PvP

Posted by: Johasthan.1327

Johasthan.1327

Since the rewards of playing PvP now are game-wide (weapons, skins, mats for PvX) I believe a Bank Access is much needed in the HotM.

in PvP

Posted by: snatch.2584

snatch.2584

approved
/15chars

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

The reason it isn’t there is because they don’t want people using HotM as a quick bank and then returning to their previous location.

I’d be ok if they removed the return to previous location function, leaving only the LA/Gendarren portal.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If we can’t have a bank (balancing considerations), a wardrobe (like the one in the bank) would be nice.

Also, Activity NPC pls.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

The reason it isn’t there is because they don’t want people using HotM as a quick bank and then returning to their previous location.

I’d be ok if they removed the return to previous location function, leaving only the LA/Gendarren portal.

It’s pretty easy to use WvW for this already.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

YES PLEASE AH MA GAWD give bank in HoTM pretty please!
Also, why do lv1 chars in PvP need to buy gear in TP now? I mean the merchant in HoTM is selling every weapon and armor, but you need to be lv 20.. Why lol..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

+ mystic forge. My inventory is clogging up with all the rares and I want to MF those. ^^

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Having a bank and trading post npc would be really nice. Just place them a distance away from each other and away from the two portals.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Agreed. I made a thread about this. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/NPCs-We-Need-in-The-Mists/first#post3918921

I really think that if WvW and PvE have them, why not for PvPers? I am also of the mind that they should charge a waypoint fee to get in the mists. It wouldn’t affect people queueing that were in a pve area either as you can queue for a match in pve and not have to enter the mists at all. It needs a Forge, a Miyani, a BLTC, and a Bank. The PvP lobby should have all the amenities in the game. Period.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

Well considering how everyone has to pay for transmutations in pvp now.. They will still have a net gain after adding in the bank.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Not on tier 1 it isn’t.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Not on tier 1 it isn’t.

Good point. That’s something I forget since I’m on a lower tier server myself. However, I believe that if ANet wanted to prevent players from accessing a bank easily without losing their PvE place, they would not have included it in WvW.

in PvP

Posted by: Johasthan.1327

Johasthan.1327

Loading screen is enough punishment for the free access. This is a must, really.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I don’t see a reason why not.

They wanted to make pvp more integrated to othe rest of the game, yet I’m FORCED to go to pve if I want to buy something on the tp, with money i made from pvp. Or I could ofcourse buy the item for gems… Yeah >__>.

I don’t think adding an npc is that difficult.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Your home citadel has TP, bank through crafting stations, the crafting stations, and if you hold your keep you get a mystic forge too - with bank/guild bank there with the right upgrades.

It doesn’t work for worlds with perma-queue wvw maps... oh wait, now there’s Edge of the Mists, which still offers most of those services (though crafting is still unique to home map citadel). Edit: Oh, sorry, I was wrong, there’s no bank. Busier WvW worlds are still screwed.

EotM update even removed the need to log out of your character and then back in to return to your original, non-WvW location.

So yeah, there’s no reason not to have a bank/TP in HotM, nor was there one to remove our mystic forge access. We can’t craft PvP stuff anymore but we can still chuck all the crap from champ boxes in there, no?
Anyone who wouldn’t already be using other maps (such as going into PvE) isn’t going to magically get sucked in if they have to go there for bank access. If anything they’re just going to resent it more.

(edited by cheese.4739)