Add "Determined" Buff to PvP Bases

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

With the recent(ish) changes to PvP I’ve noticed a growing trend of people running to enemy bases and throwing down AoE to put the enemy team in combat. When this happens it is impossible to make last minute adjustments such as swapping weapons or skills out for certain maps or match-ups. Previously when the game was about to start, you could change things up until the second the gate opened. Now you can only do so during the first countdown. If you are put in combat then, you’re pretty much screwed. I think giving everyone at the base “Determined” would solve this easily.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Or just don’t go out of your base? :/

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Power.2957

Or just don’t go out of your base? :/

I don’t think you understand – the opposing team runs to your base and lays down AoE on your team and puts you in combat, you don’t have to do anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

But they can’t hit you if you sit away from the doors in your base.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Power.2957

I would agree with you except for

a.) slow loaders
b.) people who reroll

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

But they can’t hit you if you sit away from the doors in your base.

That’s not entirely true, dragon’s tooth can still work without LOS, which happened to me yesterday.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Well, I’ve never seen it happen atleast. :p Make sure you are set before loading in?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Well, I’ve never seen it happen atleast. :p Make sure you are set before loading in?

I make adjustments to my spec based on what I’m fighting against. I’m sure others do to. And a lot of times after voting for the map I’ll leave my pc and take care of something since we now have to watch for queue pops, so it’s possible that when I get back that I have engi grenades or something keeping me in combat.

Some maps like temple or khylo it’s less of a problem than it is on forest or legacy, or skyhammer. But I’ve definitely seen it happen and it’s very frustrating. Very unsportsmanlike.

in PvP

Posted by: tamzooka.5637

tamzooka.5637

The real root cause problem here is we don’t have the ability to save and store multiple builds, in the event you like to make adjustments to your character while loading.

They could even blatantly copy League of Legends on this one and I wouldn’t care. Give us 3 builds to save per character and open up the gem shop to expand that number.

This is ESPECIALLY ANNOYING now that you’re forced to stay on your character you joined queue with, as many of us historically would swap to a toon more suited for the type of fight at hand.

in PvP

Posted by: Lastdrone.6387

Lastdrone.6387

They could even blatantly copy League of Legends on this one and I wouldn’t care. Give us 3 builds to save per character and open up the gem shop to expand that number.

They don’t have to copy League of Legends they can just copy their first game.

in PvP

Power.2957

The real root cause problem here is we don’t have the ability to save and store multiple builds, in the event you like to make adjustments to your character while loading.

This is ESPECIALLY ANNOYING now that you’re forced to stay on your character you joined queue with, as many of us historically would swap to a toon more suited for the type of fight at hand.

You’re not forced to stay on your character that you queue with in this new PvP. You may change characters —-before the match starts-— and dishonor won’t take effect.

in PvP

Power.2957

Thinking on this overnight, another issue is using long recharge skills before a game starts. Let’s say I’m a mesmer and I use Time Warp in Heart of the Mists. It has a 3 minute cool down. If my queue pops, the 3 minute cool down will not run out before the match starts. In the old PvP I would wait until the second countdown where it recharges all skills to just swap in Mass Invisibility or Moa if I wanted to. In this new PvP it will never recharge in time, and the second countdown locks in skills. I don’t know why they made this change. Being able to swap things up until you walk out the gate is incredibly useful.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t know why they made this change. Being able to swap things up until you walk out the gate is incredibly useful.

I think they wanted to simplify the game by stopping pre-match buffing (such as blasting a static-field or fire-field for swiftness/might, or sacrificing minions for pre-match life-force). This was a minor issue, but does make balance a little easier, as well as makes the game easier for casuals.

GW2 is an amazing game to play casually.