Add Downed State Penalty to PvP

in PvP

Posted by: December.3946

December.3946

Downed State Penalty:
Each time you are downed, you earn one point of downed penalty that lasts for 60 seconds. For each point, your initial health bar is reduced by 25%. Characters that accumulate four penalty points are automatically defeated, i.e. if you are downed four times within a minute, you do not have a chance to rally.

The current downed state penalty mechanics only applies to PvE. In PvP, coordinated rez is an absolute essential part of team fighting; however, this promotes certain exploits:

1. Downed bodies lose all conditions when they are rezzed.
2. Mercy runes effectively full heals someone when they rez from the downstate.
3. Lack of downed state penalty allows certain bunker comps to perpetually rezz each other.

Discuss.

Physicks [The Dankening]

in PvP

Posted by: Slininstien.7546

Slininstien.7546

I like the idea of the penalty but they I say the health that one would be rezz’d at the be whatever it originally would’ve been. When you think about this theory it’s promoting the use of tankier classes which is a MEGA kitten for Anet as they loved the cele meta for over a year but with the changes, everything will be unkillable so I’m not sure. I do agree on the 4 downs(or even 3 downs) in 1 min = death. That makes complete sense to me and I’m all for it. This would be a semi nerf to banner and a change of pace as, say, a power necro downs twice in a team fight, gets bannered, then that necro would have to pull out even if his health is very high due to the fact that the pressure he would be getting might cause him to insta die. It would also allow for a new rally system idea where a guy could be up, having been on his last life and someone in downstate can rally off that person.

I’m all for it. I dont like the health nerf when rezz’d but i do like the idea of downs counting as tick to being perma dead. Also promotes teamwork so players (whom will not be named) that spam far all game will be hurting the team overall.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynda Quil.3520

Cynda Quil.3520

i think physiks is smart person, i agree with him yea +1

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Down State Penalty ideas:

1. When you get rev, you received a -15% max hp penalty for 30 seconds.
2. If you go down again during that 30 seconds, when you get rev, you’ll have -30% max hp penalty for another 30 seconds.
3. If this repeats until the penalty reaches 60%, your character dies the next time they get downed during that 30 seconds.
4. Once 30 seconds expired, you lose all stacks of penalty.

These are according to the downstate penalty of GW1, but with lighter and more temporary penalty.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

5. add moral boost !?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Oh look another let’s kitten the necro post.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I thought it’s ‘lets nerf Caed’.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

To be fair…. as a necro I dont like the idea of being a bunker rez bot. I want to play the kitten game not just support all the zerker/balanced folks with a cheese rez build.

Besides people will just spec to counter it anyway with more knockbacks, dazes etc… so the necro cant rez.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

To be fair…. as a necro I dont like the idea of being a bunker rez bot. I want to play the kitten game not just support all the zerker/balanced folks with a cheese rez build.

Besides people will just spec to counter it anyway with more knockbacks, dazes etc… so the necro cant rez.

I wasn’t even talking about the new Necro Jesus build. Just the fact how devs clearly think we should spend alot of our time playing in downstate. Giving a downstate penalty would just punish classes with no disengage ability even harder than they already are. No one has less disengage than a necro.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No. Rezzing or not rezzing downed players is part of the strategy.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

eh ???

i thought this is already inside sPVP.
currently it only applies to PvE and WvW only ???

how come ??

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Downed_penalty

hmmm nothing inside the wiki states it only applies to PvE and not sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The wiki isn’t always right. Try it out in a custom arena. Let someone down you, have an ally res you, and then be downed again right after. You still go down with 75% downed health.

Agree with the OP that there needs to be some kind of penalty for being downed multiple times in quick succession. Maybe not as severe as the one in PvE/WvW, but more than 0.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

yes please. Guild wars is the only game where the hype almost always stops once 1 person is stomped out because 1 person can rally the whole team. At least make it closer by adding a down state penalty to pvp.

Ultimately the greatest thing would introduce a 1 for 1 rally system. 1 person can only rally 1 person maximum.

Poopy Person : (

in PvP

Posted by: Watson.6492

Watson.6492

Downed state is the oddest thing. It only helps the design of unfun encounters and severely hinders the design of fun encounters. Can’t believe they thought it was ever a good idea.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Yeah it should be the same in sPvP

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Absolutely not!

If I get revived from my teammate multiple times it is the opponents fault for not putting down enough cleave damage to stop the revive. This change you propose takes away from team play, and is just a babysitting tactic that makes the game easier than it should be.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

If I get revived from my teammate multiple times it is the opponents fault for not putting down enough cleave damage to stop the revive. This change you propose takes away from team play, and is just a babysitting tactic that makes the game easier than it should be.

This is such an exaggeration.

The proposal is only saying to add the down-state penalty to PvP. When you go down in PvE/WvW the first time, you start with 75% HP in down state. If you go down again in a short time, you start with 50% HP in down state. Then 25% then 0%. It’s not a penalty for going down once. It’s a penalty for going down multiple times in a short period.

The goal of the proposal is to curb the ability of defensive teams to continually power res each other, usually with the help of Mercy runes or revive bonuses. When you go down, it clears condis and when you’re revived, you often return with more HP than had you used some kind of utility to heal and not gone down. It leads to a frustrating and boring fight where it’s sometimes advantageous to go down rather than desperately try to stay up. All this change would do is make power ressing multiple times more difficult and give a larger window to stomp an opponent on successive downs in a battle.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i like it in wvw and miss it in pvp. it’s obvious where i stand.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Spencer.5792

Spencer.5792

Absolutely not!

You do know getting revived gives you 0.5seconds of invulnerability so you don’t immediately die again.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’d rather remove downstate all together, but thats a different conversation.

No I don’t feel there should be punishment for being rezzed. The rezzer already gets punished for choosing to rez, and it can mean a wipe if they make a bad call.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]