Add option to report AFK's in PVP [merged]

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Isn’t dishonor disabled? Meaning no punishment?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

People freecapping close with more than 1 guy
Going boss at start (Or lord lol)
Keep 2-3v1ing on enemy’s point doing nothing
Losing 2-3v1
Going 1v1 with bunker guards
Can’t press F
Just zerging around leaving points freecap
Keep going 1v1 far and die without even decap
You hold or even win close 1v2 and your team already wiped 4v3 and lost everything (And everyone is just snowballing to you ofc)

And some others, but imo those are the main things that make going afk totally legit under any possible pow

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

From what I understand is even if your team does lose, I thought your MMR doesn’t go down if you get first place in points on the losing team? Is that correct? If so, that is why I always keep playing until the end.

I don’t have an issue with people going afk. Maybe 1 out of 20-25 games? I don’t know…

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

(edited by ItIsFinished.9462)

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

IF you give up, you lose. If you don’t, you have a chance to do things better. Maybe you won’t win the match, but trying your hardest will often yield the best results over time.

I have a friend that likes the give up when things get sour, but just the other day I played a game where my team was losing and 1 player left. Down to 4v5, and our team turned it around and won the game. Behind 100 points, lose a player, and while the other team got lax, we got focused. Doesn’t happen often, but afking or quitting is poor attitude in group activities.

My father got to see me playing the other day for the first time, I was doing some pvp, and he was shocked how focused I was. I thought it was kind of funny, but if you decide you don’t care about your teammates, you’ve already lost half the battle.

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

People freecapping close with more than 1 guy
Going boss at start (Or lord lol)
Keep 2-3v1ing on enemy’s point doing nothing
Losing 2-3v1
Going 1v1 with bunker guards
Can’t press F
Just zerging around leaving points freecap
Keep going 1v1 far and die without even decap
You hold or even win close 1v2 and your team already wiped 4v3 and lost everything (And everyone is just snowballing to you ofc)

And some others, but imo those are the main things that make going afk totally legit under any possible pow

word
there is no reason to hardtry carry a complete noobish player.

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I don’t AFK any match except when matchmaking screws us over (Starting to afk when scoreboard looks like 400 vs 25 and my team runs around like headless chickens).

But I can sometimes understand why some people do AFK, it is not fun at all to play when there are teams who plays with unbalanced classes and builds.

I tried PvP again after a 2-3 weeks break and it was still horrible, Warriors still panic rampage kill button with quickness, 50% less damage, stability, Feel no pain and more. I didn’t meet any one-shot mesmers this few matches I played though and had no fight against an Elementalist at all. But mesmers still seems to be the FoTM class as every fight I was in there where 2 mesmers in both teams. Before I quit PvP before last patch I said ‘We have lost’ when there where 1-2 Mesmers in enemy team and no mesmer in our team and I was almost always right as very few could kill a mesmer then. I hope that has changed but that is a reason why some people AFK becouse the “know” they will loose when enemy team has a OP class and you don’t or you are matched with a totaly fresh player who don’t know the basics.

In short: I don’t like AFKers but at the moment I can understand them. What needs to be addressed in my Opinion to stop AFKers is;

• Matchmaking needs to be looked at, something is wrong.
  • Do not mix SoloQ and TeamQ.
  • OP builds needs alot of balance. (I know this is something they work on 24/7)

About AFK people and punishment, those who AFK with purpose will find a way to “AFK” and avoid Punishment. I have seen players running in to a wall, I have seen players move an inch every now and then and I have seen players moving in to combat and just die. People who go really afk are mostly those who realy have to leave PC for some “emergency”, BIO or worse. I think punishment is good anyway but sadly most of the ones who realy deserve the punishment does iether not care or can avoid it. Thats what I think.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Powerus.8631

Powerus.8631

I’ve recently gotten back into GW2 (I played some at launch now I’ve been back for about a month), and I’ve loved it so far. However, I’ve had quite a few games of PvP where a player on a team would afk or flat out quit the game. Now, since I’ve played other games where leaving wouldn’t hinder the other players on the team or there was a report button for such a horrendous crime. I was shocked to see that there was no actual ability to report a player for doing such an act (since you can rarely win when this happens). I understand that not all incidences of afking are purposeful, but if I see someone on my team yelling about how horrible we all are and then not moving the rest of a match, it is rage inducing. I’ve honestly considered quitting a match as well, since there seems to be no consequence. I was just wondering others thoughts on this.

in PvP

Posted by: Laodike.8640

Laodike.8640

they definitely need to reintroduce those punishments. It is now every 2-3 game that end in a 4vs5 and often right from the start.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

This has sadly been brought up numerous times, and all we can do is scream louda till we hear a dev response. Surely they are aware of it, but who knows what they gonna do about it. My bet nothing anytime soon till winds are shifting and this content becomes more of a priority (seemes like HoT and WvW are next in line for treats)

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

This has sadly been brought up numerous times, and all we can do is scream louda till we hear a dev response. Surely they are aware of it, but who knows what they gonna do about it. My bet nothing anytime soon till winds are shifting and this content becomes more of a priority (seemes like HoT and WvW are next in line for treats)

Y.
Poor PvPers ,WvW especially gets all the cool stuff.
On topic.
There is nothing you can do about it.
Afking is a healthy behaviour given the current MM state.
Match making is a mess,and seriously how could it be anything else when you put
all levels of players together,and allow groups/teams of players to Q with solos?
This is like .
NOT WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT YOUR GAME TO HAVE GOOD MATCHMAKING
Unfortunately,the PvP populous seems to be too small and if they didn’t do that
Q wait times would sky rocket.
So give us a break.
I won’t break my kb in order to win hopeless match ups.
And ladderboardedszsz are not even active right now.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I’m in spvp for my daily and tomes. Matchmaking, and 3 or 4v5 is just not worth jumping into prolonging the match.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in PvP

Posted by: Maulin.8309

Maulin.8309

Seriously, I’m sick of leechers in PvP.

Some of them just sits around for the whole game and some just goes afk as soon as the team is under with like 100 points. And we can’t even report them with the report tool because there’s no valid reason to pick.

And why is the dishonor system not active? We need it badly.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I like going to take a bath in the middle of match.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

Can there be an option for this? Seeing people just quit when they don’t like a match up at the beginning or well into a game is frustrating, and there seems to be little punishment to dissuade people from doing so, aside from that they stay logged out until the 15 minute match is over and re-queue back up.

An option to report people for being afk or leaving mid match, and a punishment like an added queue to wait for while logged in, like how food timers only tick so long as you are logged in on that character.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Nothing like public shame. Make their toon burp, fart and say dumb things while they walk around for an hour, as part of dishonor…

Edit: I could be wrong, but think you can report them for abusing LFG. They are kind of doing this because they are queuing with strangers and then messing up matches through their choices. It’s not really LFG, but the gist is the same, kinda.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Posted by: Fingolfin.7451

Fingolfin.7451

Can we finally have this option?
Half my games in ranked queue are with afkers/leavers. Anet plz….

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Ermmm…..Anet has said in the past that although this option doesn’t exist to report players as looking for group abuse.

Hope my memory doesn’t betray me, I’ve been doing this for months and haven’t had any problems by doing this.

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/