Afk/Leavers

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

What is the current punishment for these Kind of cowards ? Its happening too often and this 4v5 3v5 Means 99% certain lose I don’t like they can just get away with it

I suggest you’re account gets a 1 hour lockout
If you do it twice in the same day maybe 1 week lockout ?

what’s you’re suggestions ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I think it’s pretty hilarious actually.

Here we have a game that’s supposed to be competitive. A “tournament” mode which is the only competitive mode with a ladder for GW2, and if you don’t like the game, just leave. Sure, apparently you lose rating, but no one cares anyway.

It’s the first competitive game I’ve seen that has this plague of people who either leave or que and don’t even bother to play. It’s hilarious that’s been this way for 8 months lol. Free tournaments had the exact same issue, but hey, that’s what you get when you let premades farm solo players.

Enjoy.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: Makarei.4316

Makarei.4316

well unlike most when i get into a game and too much stuff is going on i get booted due to lag, does this mean i’ll get banned? if so I’ll shoot someone literally.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Meh, lags and disconnects are rare, and if not, then it’s your own problem. People who DC but don’t log back in or are inactive for 1min or more should be Insta kicked and have a debuff.

Admittedly, it’s not thier fault the game sucks and isn’t worth playing, but if you que up for a tournament, at least make an effort.

Or do what I do, don’t bother logging in at all until its fixed. Why be part of the problem? Haven’t played in almost two months and barely miss it at all.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

I am also leaving quite often when I see I play with pug vs team……sorry but I wont waste my time just because ANET isnt competitive enough to split it for solo players and teams….everytime I log off I can do food for me or other things till match is over so….

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: Makarei.4316

Makarei.4316

@Valkyriez.6578 well if they made the game work i wouldn’t have this issue. I don’t understand why every other game runs flawlessly even bf3 yet pvp gw2 just drops connection, though i am Australian. maybe that’s the problem.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

There should be a minimum rank to be able to queue for tpvp and then a time-out for people who are inactive. Quitting is a weird thing to handle becaus some people may just be legitimately disconnecting. Maybe if it happens once, it’s whatever, but if it happens more than once in the same day, you get timed out (and the time increases exponentially for each leave)

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I am also leaving quite often when I see I play with pug vs team……sorry but I wont waste my time just because ANET isnt competitive enough to split it for solo players and teams….everytime I log off I can do food for me or other things till match is over so….

at first, you should die in hell!

on topic, im reporting those people for scamming, not sure if they can ever get some infraction, but i try it… they should definitely add some better leaver protection than just give them a lose…

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: Kilgorn.1463

Kilgorn.1463

Last night I logged in quite late and realized I hadn’t done my daily pvp yet. And since it was late I didn’t have any of my usual friends online so I decided to solo queue for the tournament. It was anything but fun!
After over 1,5 hours of playing I finally managed to get the second win, the first came in the second match. And yes, I know I didn’t have to get those 2 wins to complete the daily, but that would have been like a job left unfinished if I had left that at 50% completed.
But the point is, that pretty much all the matches were my team, all just random ppl vs. a team. I was so close to quitting a few times, because it is just absolutely no fun at all when you come to the point when it’s really all the same if you even run back to the battlefield. So as long as this kind of grouping is possible, I can totally understand why some people just leave mid match. Though I also think there should be some time limit at least before you can queue back again, but I doubt that would stop people leaving just the same.
I just fear that this will alienate even more players away from the pvp. When you get a pug vs. team five times in a row, it’s unlikely that particular player ever even wants to come back and try pvp again.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

@Valkyriez.6578 well if they made the game work i wouldn’t have this issue. I don’t understand why every other game runs flawlessly even bf3 yet pvp gw2 just drops connection, though i am Australian. maybe that’s the problem.

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with being Australian. I’m also Aussie and never had an issue with lag or dc’s.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

yeah its pretty smart, your going to lose anyways so why even try right? Better to go take a break while stupid stuff like that happens rather than get frustrated that you cant kill anything and your team isn’t very good because the other team a premade is just facerolling you.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

Posted by: autoduck.2837

autoduck.2837

yeah its pretty smart, your going to lose anyways so why even try right? Better to go take a break while stupid stuff like that happens rather than get frustrated that you cant kill anything and your team isn’t very good because the other team a premade is just facerolling you.

Why even play tournaments then? Just don’t join at all if you are afraid of facing a premade. Go play some hotjoin or pve, tpvp does not need people like you.

Kaineng 11/2012-04/2013
Sanctum of Rall 04/2013-

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Why even play tournaments then? Just don’t join at all if you are afraid of facing a premade. Go play some hotjoin or pve, tpvp does not need people like you.

I don’t leave, but I understand there situation. Happened to me earlier today, played against high ranking leaderboard team solo que back to back, and you have no idea how frustrating it is.

Like I said, some people play tpvp all day long and when you play a lot of tpvp you’ll recognize those good teams and players and some people just ragequit solo que because its some bullkitten how they gotta face a very good premade team solo que.

Even more bullkitten when you have to face them twice after getting spanked.

Afk/Leavers

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Funny how tpvp has turned into this. This is why leaderboard is very bad. When you get enough of these games back to back it hurts your ranking and I’ve been on the unlucky side lately.

Attachments: