Afkers - what is Anet doing?

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

I’ve been playing a lot of EU SoloQ over the past few months and obviously there are a lot of people who go afk in the middle of the game, stay inside their base and whine about their teammates until the game is over.

However, there are some people who I encounter on a daily basis and they do this on a daily basis as well. I have been reporting them for botting, as instructed by ArenaNet, but day after day after day I’m losing more games because of their actions.

I can give you a list of names who I’ve reported atleast over 10 times, with no consequences.

So basically, is ArenaNet doing ANYTHING to encounter this problem or can I just go afk as well if I cannot be annoyed to play the rest of the match? Are we going to see something happen “soon”?

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

They should implent something like “when no buttons pressed and moved from base for 15s”= kick and replace instantly.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Danni.4390

Danni.4390

I agree completely. You get kicked for inactivity in other parts of the game, why not have that system in place for PvP matches?

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

I agree completely. You get kicked for inactivity in other parts of the game, why not have that system in place for PvP matches?

It is in place in PvP matches but the afkers bypass this by pressing any button once a minute.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

It is in place in PvP matches but the afkers bypass this by pressing any button once a minute.

Thats why I recommend having a new afk system. Like “If still in base after 15s, kick and instant replace”.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Replace with? I wouldn’t want to pop in a match where they’re going 400-50 and get stomped for 1 more minute.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I agree this is a problem, and we need a “Report for Leeching” feature.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

People already get kicked if they’re AFK too long.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The guys that are doing it on purpose (like ive seen today) need to be banned from pvp for a longer period of time. Lets say 2 weeks. If they do it again, make it a month.

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

we need report afk with serious penalties

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

No lol im afking all day long, why i gotta run in circles when i get qued with PVErs?
When someone is 100% useless its fine when im 100% useless but sit still instead of pretending that im playing then its problem?
This patch introduced new level of bad players, they dont even know how to autoattack… i wont run around map and kill people just for nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

No lol im afking all day long, why i gotta run in circles when i get qued with PVErs?
When someone is 100% useless its fine when im 100% useless but sit still instead of pretending that im playing then its problem?
This patch introduced new level of bad players, they dont even know how to autoattack… i wont run around map and kill people just for nothing.

Difference is they actually can improve, you’re just doing it to be an kitten .

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Difference is they actually can improve, you’re just doing it to be an kitten .

No they cant, if you join soloque with no idea how to play then your brain works differently than the one of normal person and you cant improve.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

How sad must your life be?

Please ArenaNet – Just ban people like this. You would be doing them a favor – It might give them a chance to take a look in the mirror and realise how pathetic they are.

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Please ArenaNet – Just ban people like this. You would be doing them a favor – It might give them a chance to take a look in the mirror and realise how pathetic they are.

Whoa you are one hippocrite piece of kitten, i remember back when soloq wasnt PVEque i lost multiple matches cause of your AFK in first minute of game. Did you look in mirror and realised how pathetic you are and dont afk anymore?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

because pvp should be like pve… spamming skills and standing afk

in PvP

Lue.6538

No they cant, if you join soloque with no idea how to play then your brain works differently than the one of normal person and you cant improve.

Sure they can.

in PvP

Obsidia.5127

Whoa you are one hippocrite piece of kitten, i remember back when soloq wasnt PVEque i lost multiple matches cause of your AFK in first minute of game. Did you look in mirror and realised how pathetic you are and dont afk anymore?

I barely ever AFK and when I do, it is when we are like 200-250 points behind and I know there is no way for a comeback. Please don’t compare what you do to what I do.

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Sure they can.

Ye and what should i do? I cant play the game cause of them, because it is not 3v5 or 4v5 or deathmatch or whatever, so should i run around observing and tell them their mistakes?
Its not my fault and its not anets fault that clueless people go for soloque when they should be practicing in hotjoins its their own fault that they are egoistic kittens who care more about some chest than about fun of other players.
I tried 4 things:
Just playing.
Flaming.
Explaining.
AFKing.
Playing just ends up with me raging which is bad for my health, flaming is bad for me and they probobly dont feel good either, explaining just does nothing at all, they dont understand what im saying or something, afking works, just afk and hope that next game you will be with people who actually want to win.

in PvP

Leeto.1570

I barely ever AFK and when I do, it is when we are like 200-250 points behind and I know there is no way for a comeback. Please don’t compare what you do to what I do.

Ye right i have never akitten when there is even slight chance of winning but ive seen you AFK multiple times at start of match, even when the only fail is your own… you very well know yourself and you come and say that im doing something wrong? XD Whut a hippocrite

in PvP

Posted by: Pixello.3267

Pixello.3267

They should implent something like “when no buttons pressed and moved from base for 15s”= kick and replace instantly.

Your idea is good, but 15 is too short.

in PvP

Obsidia.5127

Ye right i have never akitten when there is even slight chance of winning but ive seen you AFK multiple times at start of match, even when the only fail is your own… you very well know yourself and you come and say that im doing something wrong? XD Whut a hippocrite

I am not going to discuss this. You clearly don’t know the meaning of ‘start of match’ so I will let this go and get on my with my life.

in PvP

Posted by: Triton.8294

Triton.8294

In my opinion, you stand afk more often than Titanium.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

^ Replace with? I wouldn’t want to pop in a match where they’re going 400-50 and get stomped for 1 more minute.

Yeah I’d say instead it applies a stack of dishonour at the end of the match, if they were ever in the base for more than 15-20s. Don’t want to ban anyone who has to afk for a minute during one match, since most of us do have some kind of a life outside of GW, even if it’s just answering the door for parcel deliveries.
Should people start trolling more carefully by, say, standing outside the base… hopefully their teammates will still all /report, and hopefully the reports might get dealt with.

At any rate, it’d be nice to get some statistics of how frequently current reports result in any kind of punishment- complete silence combined with frequently afk-ing players still visibly disrupting games leads to a skeptical, frustrated playerbase.

in PvP

Obsidia.5127

In my opinion, you stand afk more often than Titanium.

I think you are missing the point. I don’t cause losses through AFKing do I? I just stop playing when I know it is lost because I like to get on to the next match. Many players do this all the time and it is completely understandable, most games have a ‘resign’ or ‘surrender’ feature but we don’t have that.

If I really AFK’d as much as you say, it would mean that I would lose often which I obviously don’t seeing as I am nearly always Top 5/20 on TWO accounts. You don’t get there through losses do you? No.

Just sayin’

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Doesn’t matter how far behind your team is. If it’s a 5v5 with all players participating and you’re the only one who goes AFK, then you are part of this cancer in sPvP.
I doubt you’ll care anyway, but there you go.

in PvP

Obsidia.5127

Doesn’t matter how far behind your team is. If it’s a 5v5 with all players participating and you’re the only one who goes AFK, then you are part of this cancer in sPvP.
I doubt you’ll care anyway, but there you go.

Other players are often AFKing as well and whenever I do it, no one really has a problem with it seeing as most people would prefer to get onto the next game faster which may not be as one-sided.

Now compare that to someone who AFKs at the start of a game because they are mad about life. That is a completely different situation and their purpose is to annoy other players.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

If we are losing with 200+ points then I won’t let them farm me lol, firstly they should implement good old – /resign

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

If we are losing with 200+ points then I won’t let them farm me lol, firstly they should implement good old – /resign

And exploit /resign… remember hero battles in gw1? yes (red resign, it was fixed by removing the game mode).

gw2 only has 1 pvp mode.

(edited by Supreme.4051)

in PvP

Lue.6538

Ye and what should i do? I cant play the game cause of them, because it is not 3v5 or 4v5 or deathmatch or whatever, so should i run around observing and tell them their mistakes?
Its not my fault and its not anets fault that clueless people go for soloque when they should be practicing in hotjoins its their own fault that they are egoistic kittens who care more about some chest than about fun of other players.

Read the bolded part, then recap what you’ve been saying: You would rather be AFK and thus ruin the game for everyone rather than participate because your team is playing poorly, so do you care about the fun of other players? It truly, truly does not seem that way.

I tried 4 things:
Just playing.
Flaming.
Explaining.
AFKing.
Playing just ends up with me raging which is bad for my health, flaming is bad for me and they probobly dont feel good either, explaining just does nothing at all, they dont understand what im saying or something, afking works, just afk and hope that next game you will be with people who actually want to win.

To be fair, aside from a pair of fairly harsh insults from a couple of russian players I’ve had fairly decent luck at explaining things to players.. granted it has had vastly different results each time but overall I think it has gone fairly well; Now has my w:l ratio gone down thanks to these players? Absolutely, I’m down from 71% to below 50% now and it is quite frankly very frustrating.. It is out of my hands tho and all I can really do to remedy the situation is try to make sure that the next time I end up with these players, that they will know something they didn’t know the fight before.

That said there are ofcourse a bucketload of players who are so apparently only there for the various reward tracks and thus refuse to participate simply because they’d rather afk their way to another free item and those should be hung from a tree, shot and run over by a Hambow.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Why not implement the same system as Wow is using for their pve queue? Before entering the instance, players have to click “ready”. If after 15sec he didn’t press it, he’s automatically kicked, and the queue system start searching for another player. I think it could work really well in soloQ and I encourage anet to implement it.

in PvP

Lue.6538

Why not implement the same system as Wow is using for their pve queue? Before entering the instance, players have to click “ready”. If after 15sec he didn’t press it, he’s automatically kicked, and the queue system start searching for another player. I think it could work really well in soloQ and I encourage anet to implement it.

Click on Arenas at the top of your screen, hit “Enter Queue”, once you find a map you get a minor window at the center of your screen that tells you that “Match starts in 1min, go! or wait”.

Which is what you’re suggesting.. altho the ‘wait’ button should be replaced with a ‘No! I’m currently Afk and thus will not join this map’ button.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Click on Arenas at the top of your screen, hit “Enter Queue”, once you find a map you get a minor window at the center of your screen that tells you that “Match starts in 1min, go! or wait”.

Which is what you’re suggesting.. altho the ‘wait’ button should be replaced with a ‘No! I’m currently Afk and thus will not join this map’ button.

Except that’s not exactly how wow dungeon finder works. I don’t know where you got your :“Match starts in 1min, go! or wait”." from. With the response you gave me, I guess you never tried wow pve. You might consider doing some research.

in PvP

Lue.6538

Except that’s not exactly how wow dungeon finder works. I don’t know where you got your :“Match starts in 1min, go! or wait”." from. With the response you gave me, I guess you never tried wow pve. You might consider doing some research.

That is how both the raidfinder, dungeonfinder and bg queue works; You sign up for the queue and once a full team has been assembled you receive a window that displays your role and a request to confirm or decline it; The difference, like I said, is only that in GW2 you do not have the option to decline it, you only have the option to WAIT.

With the response you gave me, I guess you never actually read my full post. You might consider doing so.