After rank 80, all exp should be mastery

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

After reaching rank 80 in pvp, dragon rank, all experience gains that would normally result in a rank up should be given as experience to level masteries.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Masteries are irrelevant to PvP. So there is no reason to give mastery experience to PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Sounds good to me!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Wouldn’t work, there are PvP players who have never done PvE why should they get punished just to favour PvE players, instead I rather see PvP related rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Masteries are irrelevant to PvP. So there is no reason to give mastery experience to PvP.

There’s no reason to give anything in sPvP after you’ve unlocked all of the build items. Why give sPvPers anything at all?

@OP

That, or give us skins. Glorious, glorious skins.

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

There’s no reason to give anything in sPvP after you’ve unlocked all of the build items. Why give sPvPers anything at all?

@OP

That, or give us skins. Glorious, glorious skins.

You seem to take my comment in derision, but it makes sense though. Why would you care about mastering gliding if you play PvP?

The logic of the dev is simple and makes perfect sense. To have a PvE mastery, you need to play PvE. To have a WvW mastery, you need to play WvW. To unlock your elite spec, you can play both PvE and WvW since elite specs are relevant to both.

But you can’t unlock your elite spec in PvP because… it is already unlocked anyway. You can’t gain masteries because… you won’t use them anyway.

The only thing which would be relevant is allowing the legendary crafting mastery for PVP too, because fashion wars 2 is in all game modes. That is it.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

It would encourage players to cross into other game modes, maybe?

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Because I want kitten horologicus and I don’t want to spend four hours of my life farming veteran spiders in jaka Itzel to level up the masteries needed to complete the collection.

I mean I’ll do it, but that just takes away from the time I’ll have to git gud with the new specs in pvp.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I support this idea. Not only because it would be a meaningful progression after you reach rank 80 (even if it’s just for the specialization weapons), but also because mastery experience in its current state can only be obtained on four maps, which can give a sort of “grindy” feeling. So more sources of mastery xp could be a good thing.

Also, we have dungeon reward tracks, even though dungeons have nothing to do with pvp. So what?

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Most people dabble in all game modes. I’ve been dragon rank for quite a long time now. I keep getting rank ups but it just stays at 80. It’s meaningless. That’s why the experience pass 80 should go to masteries.

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Why, if you are playing pvp what do you need masteries for. Nothing will be worse for pve’ers than people who somehow have all the masterys without stepping foot in pve and not knowing anything about what they are doing.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

You people seem to assume people who play pvp, play it exclusively. We don’t. We dabble in other game modes as well. Which are where masteries come in. I would love for this idea to be implemented.

Funny how all the pve players are trying to stop us from getting mastery exp.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

I am not a PvE player. I almost only play PvP. But I don’t think it makes sense. Thematically, you “master” something by playing it. So PvE masteries come from playing PvE. WvW masteries come from playing WvW.

I agree that there is seemingly no progression in PvP after rank 80. That is why they have introduced leagues.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I am not a PvE player. I almost only play PvP. But I don’t think it makes sense. Thematically, you “master” something by playing it. So PvE masteries come from playing PvE. WvW masteries come from playing WvW.

I agree that there is seemingly no progression in PvP after rank 80. That is why they have introduced leagues.

Themetically, you are not supposed to grind monster kills or run around like a headless chicken hoping there’s a commander in map leading events to get exp for a poison resistance mastery.

Themes don’t make sense in gw2 so your point is moot. All leagues offer is a revised version of leaderboards. We are still getting nothing past r80.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Because I want kitten horologicus and I don’t want to spend four hours of my life farming veteran spiders in jaka Itzel to level up the masteries needed to complete the collection.

I mean I’ll do it, but that just takes away from the time I’ll have to git gud with the new specs in pvp.

You will still have to PvE.

Many of the ingredients are locked behind PvE content.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I just want tracks which don’t have tomes of experience. I’m closing in on 1500 and it’s not worth clicking through all of them for spirit shards.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

By the logic in this thread we shouldn’t be receiving the bazillion champion bags we get, as they have no relevance to PvP also.

+ 1 OP this is a fair request

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

By the logic in this thread we shouldn’t be receiving the bazillion champion bags we get, as they have no relevance to PvP also.

+ 1 OP this is a fair request

Not true as Loot gives you luck, gold, Cosmetics and other currencies.

Luck gives you Magic find wich in it’s turn works on PvP rewards wich then gives better loot.
Gold can be used to buy gems or used at TP to buy Cosmetics.
Cosmetics us widely used by the PvP community and I rarely see any PvP player with original skinns on their gear.
Other currencies can be used to unlock specific gear that is otherwise locked behind PvE.

Now would you have been happy if PvP players coulnd’t get what PvE players could? Lot’s of players complained about this before wardrobe.

I am a PvX player and I don’t want PvP to be a farming ground for PvE players more than it allready is, IMO all those glory farmers should be banned from PvP (but that is another topic).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

And yet we have PvE reward tracks in the PvP content, perhaps because of PvX players? Same reason WvW got a way to gain Hero Points.

There are grey areas here. Giving PvPers a possibility to gain mastery exp would be great, as it could help seducing them into PvE = more Revenue for Anet.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

i think pvp rewards should also include hero points and masteries like tomes of knowledge give levels etc. or maybe you could just simply buy them for spirit shards.

reason is simple that if you play a lot of pvp you are blocked from many things in pve unless you have time to grind pve stuff like hero points and masteries too.

pvp shouldn’t be primary way to get them though but it surely would be nice to get something. i.e. now i keep getting tomes of knowledge By tons but i have zero need for them atm.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80