All higher tier players

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

I really don’t understand why so many of you decide to queue for unranked rather than ranked queues. All you do is go against players that are much worse than you, and separate the player base even more. I really hope it’s not that you are worried about effecting your win ratio on the leader boards because come on… we all know that means next too nothing. Splitting the player base is the last thing we need right now in PvP. Hell, even if i’m Solo Q’d, I still queue for Ranked because at least i’m going against equally skilled players but because of the lack of equally skilled players actually queuing for Ranked the matches are usually filled with players that clearly have no business playing in said match.

I’m not writing this to make fun of or hate on y’alls decision to queue for Unranked, i’m more just trying to figure out why you guys do. The more people that queue for ranked the more fun and balanced the matches will be.

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

(edited by Bitty.1409)

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: December.3946

December.3946

No one gives a poop about MMR or leaderboards, but unranked queues are SIGNIFICANTLY quicker than ranked queues. And most of us play troll classes/builds in unranked anyway -/smileyface-

Physicks [The Dankening]

All higher tier players

in PvP

Bitty.1409

Yea but wouldn’t that be more fun against good players? Hmm, maybe i’m not considering that everyone doesn’t like good competition all the time.

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

All higher tier players

in PvP

Bitty.1409

And my point is is that good players belong in Ranked Queues and separating them makes the queues terrible

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

The burden is with ArenaNet to sort through the disaster PvP system they created in December.

The rewards have been the same in both ranked and unranked, and there are more maps to play in unranked. Furthermore, despite how many big wins you had in ‘ranked’ these past couple months, none of it mattered as the names on the “leaderboard” would still be the grinders who generally weren’t even in the same MMR range as top players. That we have top players playing in both queues is annoying, but they are just carrying on in the broken environment created by the PvP devs.

We will see what the new leaderboard is like tomorrow, if anyone cares anymore.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

The big reason is for the shorter queue time. And as Physicks said, playing fun builds, weird comps, or different classes.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

You really overestimate the players in ranked queue. Lots new players don’t bother to learn the game and just go straight into ranked which results in frustrating matches. Honestly, quality in ranked and unranked is pretty much the same. It’s been worse lately.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

No one gives a poop about MMR or leaderboards, but unranked queues are SIGNIFICANTLY quicker than ranked queues. And most of us play troll classes/builds in unranked anyway -/smileyface-

Pretty much this.
Ranked doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll run into more good players. I always solo into Ranked now, but sometimes I queue unranked because the queues are faster. Sometimes I queue unranked if theres a bunch of premades in ranked that I know I could beat with a real group, but I get PuGs that don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I don’t mind being smashed by a good team, but against subpar teams that I know I can beat it’s just not fun. So thats a reason to queue in unranked sometimes. We need Divisions with incentive.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

You really overestimate the players in ranked queue. Lots new players don’t bother to learn the game and just go straight into ranked which results in frustrating matches. Honestly, quality in ranked and unranked is pretty much the same. It’s been worse lately.

Yes a lot of noobs seem to skip over the practise button…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Pretty much this.
Ranked doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll run into more good players. I always solo into Ranked now, but sometimes I queue unranked because the queues are faster. Sometimes I queue unranked if theres a bunch of premades in ranked that I know I could beat with a real group, but I get PuGs that don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I don’t mind being smashed by a good team, but against subpar teams that I know I can beat it’s just not fun. So thats a reason to queue in unranked sometimes. We need Divisions with incentive.

b-b-b-b-but it’ll make bad players feel bad!

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Pretty much this.

The regulation days Reikou… R.I.P.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

i only do unranked if im sniping premades. I’d rather have 8minute q times than possibly get skyhammer

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

All higher tier players

in PvP

Bitty.1409

Pretty much this.

Well the point i’m getting at, if more people queued in Ranked we wouldn’t get those bad pugs because the queue would have more options.

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Queue times being faster in unranked might be directly correlated with people queuing unranked instead of ranked :p

I kinda miss when a larger amount of good players were in the old solo queue system and forced me to play better than it takes to beat the average player.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I really don’t understand why so many of you decide to queue for unranked rather than ranked queues. All you do is go against players that are much worse than you, and separate the player base even more. I really hope it’s not that you are worried about effecting your win ratio on the leader boards because come on… we all know that means next too nothing. Splitting the player base is the last thing we need right now in PvP. Hell, even if i’m Solo Q’d, I still queue for Ranked because at least i’m going against equally skilled players but because of the lack of equally skilled players actually queuing for Ranked the matches are usually filled with players that clearly have no business playing in said match.

I’m not writing this to make fun of or hate on y’alls decision to queue for Unranked, i’m more just trying to figure out why you guys do. The more people that queue for ranked the more fun and balanced the matches will be.

because it takes half the time to start, and since ladder is not based on skill (Top ladder with 40% win rations) noone cares bout ranked

Ark 2nd Account

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Aether.2480

Aether.2480

because get farmed by begginers is hard for the ego and cultive your ego is the only thing left to do in this game.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

Only reason I tag in ranked now is so that I avoid the possibility of having to play on one of the 3 aids map.
I’d rather wait 10m to have a real game than 2m just to find out I have to play on courtyard because one dude out of 10 decided it would be extremely fun.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

150 Ranked wins for each class I play.
When done I gtfo from Ranked until they fix Matchmaking.
And I haz kitten to enjoy Skyhammer, Spirit watch and so on.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I used to try unranked to test builds, but I encounter more premades trying to farm players there, so I really don’t get much practice out of it (unless I want to practice my 1v4 skills, anyway). Nowadays, I queue ranked for everything because at least that way I don’t have to try to read the tells on the smallest of Asura or see around the max size Norn.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I don’t know if I’m really “higher tier”, guess not, but for me at least, unranked is a place I go to practice and to have fun on professions and builds that I’m not familiar with. When I queue for ranked, I try to always give my very best on the only four-five builds I play decently. Unless I play with four guild mates of course. I hope that answers your question.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Arvin.3124

Arvin.3124

I used to try unranked to test builds, but I encounter more premades trying to farm players there, so I really don’t get much practice out of it (unless I want to practice my 1v4 skills, anyway). Nowadays, I queue ranked for everything because at least that way I don’t have to try to read the tells on the smallest of Asura or see around the max size Norn.

Err…Can’t you just enable “use standard models for enemy players” in options and have every enemy look like the same dressed human according to class?

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Err…Can’t you just enable “use standard models for enemy players” in options and have every enemy look like the same dressed human according to class?

Unfortunately, that only works in ranked queue and custom arenas marked for tournaments.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Arvin.3124

Arvin.3124

Oh, shows how I never play hotjoins :P

Weird they don’t enable it for that mode as well.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Super.2749

Super.2749

Pretty sure it’s because of the terrible leaderboard system. Now you see people who was top 500 in the old leaderboard in the top 10. Meanwhile people like me who was top 1 in the old leaderboard can’t even get in the top 1000 of the new leaderboard
“I don’t play much ofc” but still few wins against good people should put you higher in the leaderboard but the current leaderboard just want you to play 24/7 even if you lose.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Unranked Queues use the same MMR system as ranked, so a top player won’t be facing noobs in unranked; they will be facing other top players.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Pretty much this.

Reikou also known as zippers caring about baddies since 2009.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I’m definitely not a top team players, but I hate seeing my teammates with troll/really bad build and not knowing what to do in ranked matches.
In unranked I wouldn’t mind laughing it off because it doesn’t really matter, but when I see 2 people capping home for dailies and/or turret engies and/or people giving up because other team is a premade in ranked matches that ruins the pvp day for me.
So I’d stick with unranked when I solo/duo to give everyone a benefit of doubt and make bad plays much easier to handle.

Tour

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

ITT: “I don’t care for ranks but I don’t go ranked anyway because if I lose in ranked it’s extremely annoying but if I lose in unranked it’s irrelevant because reasons!”

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I look for the queue with the best players so I get the best matches. Typically that is unranked now.

Ranger | Elementalist

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

I personally que both, but there are several reasons for my choosings. The most important are:

1. Que times in unranked at certain times are far quicker than ranked. (Literally a difference of 10-15 minutes sometimes, which I’m not waiting 15 minutes for 1 match.)
2. New player friends from guilds, irl, twitch followers, or simply friends of friends who have no experience in PvP that I’d like to play with cant keep up with the ranked PvPers. Why play ranked with them?
3. Trying a new class/spec. If I’m not playing a class/spec I’m comfortable with going against other teams, I go pug unranked.

There are many reasons for experienced players to go unranked, and I’ve just named a few of my own personal reasons. Sorry if you don’t like the system, but honestly, playing against better players will make you better in the long run, even if your W/L suffers in the mean time.

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

150 Ranked wins for each class I play.

Rated, not Ranked. You can do this achievement in unranked arena too.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Conqueror

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Since when does SoloQ have better players than unranked?

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Pretty much this.

I echo this sentiment, especially against teams with STACKED turret engis. As if one is not annoyingly facerolling enough. I also find ranked queuers at the middle tier are generally more salty and like to boss around. The only time I queue ranked is when I q’d up with better players (AK for example) and other good players like The Abjured are farming unranked. So I tend to avoid getting farmed that way.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Unranked Queues use the same MMR system as ranked, so a top player won’t be facing noobs in unranked; they will be facing other top players.

That is incorrect. Your MMR is different in Ranked and Unranked. Unranked Q times may be faster, you want to know why? Because more people are Q’ing into it. As a solo Q’er, top player or not, you will get better matchmaking in unranked (more populated). I don’t think Shnic is talking about top players that are going solo, because you have a high chance of getting lower players on your team with high ones to average it out (not much difference). I think he is more talking about the top lvl ESL teams that are only Q’ing in unranked to boost their ego. The Q time difference for a full team is only maybe 2 minutes tops. The reason it is even different is because half the full teams are in ranked and half are in unranked. If they all pushed towards ranked more, the Q would be faster.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

All higher tier players

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

They don’t want to “ruin” their win percentage so they don’t play ranked if they don’t have a team that’s good enough.

Has nothing to do with queue time or fun builds or whatever else they say.