Engineer-only one
Rangers-none
Mesmer-less than handful

Abundance of;
Warrior
Thief
Guardian
Elementalist.

Just say’n. Maybe you should look at that.

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Rangers-none
Just say’n. Maybe you should look at that.

Niah – Ranger – Formerly Team Paradigm and Team Fifty Five Hp Monks

?

what do you expect, people play the classes which are the most effective. try play a dps guard or a power ranger in soloq and see how many times you get flamed for not playing a bunker or a spirit build lol. welcome to #esports.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

what do you expect, people play the classes which are the most effective. try play a dps guard or a power ranger in soloq and see how many times you get flamed for not playing a bunker or a spirit build lol. welcome to #esports.

I’m maining dps guard and I’m on that allstar list thingy. :<

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

nothing wrong with that. but most of the players decide to go with the meta builds and dont respect players that don’t want this.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

That’s mostly the problem of soloQ vs teamQ. soloQ is full of necros and engineers, because they are condition/sustain, and good enough to beat poor setups, full dps builds, low experienced players,…
It’s not the case in teamQ because you know tactic will be followed, you know who is running what,…

I believe the all-star list is fine…

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

ofc there is no ranger.
and it’s also better to don’t vote for a ranger when you want your location to see win.

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I voted for ranger and necro, as well as dps guard. Perhaps not popular choices but that is what I’d like to see.

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’d rather vote for the “non meta” builds than watch another mirror match up again like NA ToL was, good god I’ve never been more bored in my life.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

The point being highlighted here is not about the players. I wish them all well and hope the event goes smoothly. I am sure each of them after having to explain and justify why they should be elected is feeling a lil’ “heavy lays the crown.”

The major point here is that these are the nominated top tier players. If we look through their chosen professions there seems to be a lack of representation. The educated assumptions here are that some professions are just more well suited to the current Pvp model that has been running since release. I think it is fair to list these assumptions as being;

1) power damage is more useful than condition stacking attrition.
2) Professions that have peak spike damage and cleave damage provide better results.
3) professions that have in built AI and/or pet functions are less favoured as it removes some of the control from the player and gives it to under the hood mechanics.
4) Power builds that only have single target damage, or rely on being at maximum range just don’t fit the style of team vs team.

These are largely observations that have been highlighted over time by the player base. Even though each profession was at very least roughly designed with a purpose in mind, this overall purpose doesn’t always fit well in PvP. Also where 2 professions are very similiar in there nature and what they do, one will always be considered the aphex and superior to the other.

The earlier comment about meta builds are chosen exclusively for the purpose that each team wants to win is dead right. There is some professions that at top tier just don’t have a place in the meta. The meta cannot change because the game mode itself has not changed. This basically creates an ergo situation. If it doesn’t have a place at top tier, then all it can ever be is a big fish in a very small pond in hotjoin and lower rated soloQ.

Now to make a further assumption is that this is pretty much what most players have been saying, the profession balance is out of whack. That if one wants to win, then naturally one needs to bring the biggest guns so-to-speak. Which that is why we are seeing some professions so under represented. They just don’t have the win factor for top tier. So what is the incentive of even starting at low level when you know eventually they’ll have to abandoned that profession because they just don’t have the tools for top tier in the end.

(edited by CntrlAltDefeat.1465)

All stars lacking..

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

P.S.. Congratulations to those nominated. We all know it is only a game, but it is still nice to noticed. To those nominated, thank-you for the how to video’s, the builds, the play by play commentary and everything else you have contributed. You taken a game that has had its up’s and down’s and stuck with it and offered to help. I hope you have a massive time in Germany.

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

P.S.. Congratulations to those nominated. We all know it is only a game, but it is still nice to noticed. To those nominated, thank-you for the how to video’s, the builds, the play by play commentary and everything else you have contributed. You taken a game that has had its up’s and down’s and stuck with it and offered to help. I hope you have a massive time in Germany.

Not sure if cleave means what you think it means. The only way to end the controversy is actual players saying they choose not to participate.

What I want to see in the tournament: No bunkers, show some spike coordination and win.

All stars lacking..

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Cleave. Hitting multiple targets that are within your melee range. This, among other reasons is why power necro, power ranger etc just don’t see the light of day. They have no cleave, or immense spike damage.

However the notion of no bunkers would be guild wars without monks. Fight starts, quickly ends. This doesn’t bode well for esports viewing. Nobody likes going to a boxing match where it is over in the first round.

All stars lacking..

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Eura made Ranger work for us yesterday in ToL. When’s the last time you’ve seen a power ranger in competitive play? ;P

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.