All these S2 threads....

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

Just stop with the complaining and quit playing ranked. Its what I have done and several others as well. NOTHING is going to be done, a minority of players like it and they are who matters to Anet.

Does it suck? Yes, but no amount of kittening and moaning, screenshots, statistics, or opinions on how to fix mm will do anything but flood the forums with the same exact post over and over and over again.

Just look forward to season 3 since that is the next time anything might possibly get changed or adjusted, that’s what I’m doing. Cheers

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Um, don’t get your hopes up, lol.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

rummy.4102

well I did say “might possibly” haha

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

All these threads allow stuck people to make faster informed decisions when they come to the forums to see what’s going on. They might be blaming themselves. I knew some people who were still not aware of the snowball situation, these threads let them know and help them quit.

Otherwise they’d just be blaming themselves and hating their life.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

All these threads allow stuck people to make faster informed decisions when they come to the forums to see what’s going on. They might be blaming themselves. I knew some people who were still not aware of the snowball situation, these threads let them know and help them quit.

Yeah I wish I knew about the snowball effect, before using my warrior to do meta achievements and screwing up my initial mmr. Def blaming myself for that. Now I’m stuck with noobs for the rest of the season.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Beliyal.7085

Beliyal.7085

Yeah, this was me. I didn’t know what was going on, I suspected something was majorly screwed up (you don’t go from 54% win ratio to 42% by accident or by suddenly not having skill anymore), but I couldn’t tell what was wrong. At some points I genuinely thought this was my issue alone, but when I checked the forums and saw dozens of people reporting the same problems, I felt better.

Also, I think the community should keep on talking about this. I don’t know if ANet listens or even cares, but if a large amount of people continue with this pressure, they will have to react. Losing player base isn’t ideal for them, and many people have given up already. Perhaps I’m being too optimistic, but no good will come from us keeping quiet. Our only other option is to keep the conversation going and hope it will have some impact.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It is funny how ANET hasn’t commented at all.

I can just imagine their internal meetings. “Wow, we really messed up.” “Ok, let’s ignore it and hope the players forget” “Good idea. Let’s hope leadership is clueless and we’ll just tell them that everything is going great”

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Conspiracy: – The OP is an Anet Mole -They Want Our Silence!

But yeah… ranked is bringing out the worst in people, unranked is unrewarding, hotjoin is chaos… I’m levelling a Hunter in WoW, Gonna download BDO, will check out B&S.

And PSVR is coming!!!!!

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

rummy.4102

Yeah, this was me. I didn’t know what was going on, I suspected something was majorly screwed up (you don’t go from 54% win ratio to 42% by accident or by suddenly not having skill anymore), but I couldn’t tell what was wrong. At some points I genuinely thought this was my issue alone, but when I checked the forums and saw dozens of people reporting the same problems, I felt better.

Also, I think the community should keep on talking about this. I don’t know if ANet listens or even cares, but if a large amount of people continue with this pressure, they will have to react. Losing player base isn’t ideal for them, and many people have given up already. Perhaps I’m being too optimistic, but no good will come from us keeping quiet. Our only other option is to keep the conversation going and hope it will have some impact.

While I respect the sentiment of outpouring your feelings on the forums, I disagree that things might get better.

I simply wanted to state that there is an easy fix for those who are frustrated, just quit ranked, it’s that simple. It hurts a lot less than trying to grind against a system that isn’t meant to be grinded.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

It is funny how ANET hasn’t commented at all.

I can just imagine their internal meetings. “Wow, we really messed up.” “Ok, let’s ignore it and hope the players forget” “Good idea. Let’s hope leadership is clueless and we’ll just tell them that everything is going great”

I think they look at numbers more than feedback. As long as number queuing ranked stay within a limit that they consider healthy the system is good. With that said, they have to be seeing a decline. In just week the mists have gone from packed (initial launch) to just about standard or below standard for the off season. Though that is only based on my when I queue and my perception.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

its not season which sucks its players

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

To a point. The problem with the current season is there was no MMR lock for losing or preseason to properly implement it.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

its not posts which sucks its posters.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Lexander.4579

To a point. The problem with the current season is there was no MMR lock for losing or preseason to properly implement it.

im not entirely sure whats “MMR lock” supposed to be. I have no idea how people still cant manage to rise with all these things implemented to help losers who rise through playing a lot of matches like extra points for ending a loss streak or extra points for win streaks

crossing tiers right now is so easy that ranked basically became a dye farm

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Lexander.4579

trashtalking good players on forum wont get you out of your loss streak, you should stop verbally abusing your team and read your skills and that should be enough to easily get to ruby

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

trashtalking good players on forum wont get you out of your loss streak, you should stop verbally abusing your team and read your skills and that should be enough to easily get to ruby

I am not in a lose streak because I can’t be bothered to play. You happy now ?
The algorithm is broken, it snowballs MMR. Everyone knows about it, and you pretend it’s the players, very quaint.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Lexander.4579

The algorithm is broken, it snowballs MMR. Everyone knows about it, and you pretend it’s the players, very quaint.

maybe if you followed my advice you would already start improving yourself instead of losing the time blaming the “algorithm” or MMR

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

maybe if you followed my advice you would already start improving yourself instead of losing the time blaming the “algorithm” or MMR

Why I should follow the advise of someone who couldn’t figure out the algorithm is broken ?

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Beliyal.7085

While I respect the sentiment of outpouring your feelings on the forums, I disagree that things might get better.

I simply wanted to state that there is an easy fix for those who are frustrated, just quit ranked, it’s that simple. It hurts a lot less than trying to grind against a system that isn’t meant to be grinded.

You’re right and the fact that you’re right should have ANet concerned because they are losing players. Many people have given up already. I’m too old to get frustrated by an MMO so I’m good. It’s just disappointing because I looked forward to this season after a good experience in Season 1. There’s other stuff to do in the game though (and there are other games).

Personally, I’ll do three matches per day to get the 15-day participation achievement and that’s it. If I win, I win, if not, then not. I just wish I knew at the start that several losses will lock me in with worse teams, I wouldn’t have been trying to get out of the losing streak for thinking it’s all my fault.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Why I should follow the advise of someone who couldn’t figure out the algorithm is broken ?

you shouldnt really do anything what others tell you, i merely wanted to help, but one can be helped only if they want to be helped

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

you shouldnt really do anything what others tell you, i merely wanted to help, but one can be helped only if they want to be helped

There is nothing you can do to help. If you want to be helpful go read up on the algorithm, understand exactly how it works, and you will see why it’s basically a slot machine.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Stop talking Lexander, youre not a good player, ive seen you play. If it werent for you i would have won some matches. Ty bb.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Lexander.4579

There is nothing you can do to help. If you want to be helpful go read up on the algorithm, understand exactly how it works, and you will see why it’s basically a slot machine.

an algorithm decides for you how you will play and what will be your performance? i dont think so

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Arvin.3124

Arvin.3124

You know what I don’t understand?

Why the players who feel they’re more skilled than their league rank indicates don’t just team up.

I faced the same problems at the start since I think my MMR got reset because I left GWII for quite some time and didn’t play last season at all.

I try my best though and be communicative, call out targets and just keep playing. If you’re really decent before long others will notice and start inviting you to their groups.

If you play a game with 3 braindead people and one decent one on your team just ask him/her if they want to team up some in the future. Unless you’re a toxic kitten who plays terrible more likely than not they’re stuck in the same situation as you and will be more than happy to join up with you.

This way you can get a team going and use it to move up in rank. If you really insist on Soloing in a 5v5 team game there’s not much to help you, maybe you should try out a game based on 1v1 instead.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

an algorithm decides for you how you will play and what will be your performance? i dont think so

The algorithm decide that there is nothing I can do to change the outcome.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

At least not in this 1 second meta. In the other bunker meta we had, it was possible.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Lexander.4579

in all honesty i doubt that, unless of course you are enslaved by some sort of robotic augmentation in your brain which forces you to lose your matches

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

in all honesty i doubt that, unless of course you are enslaved by some sort of robotic augmentation in your brain which forces you to lose your matches

Unfortunately it’s true. People wouldn’t be here complaining, quitting and venting their anger if the matchmaking system didn’t force you to lose by putting you amongst the losing team and clueless players who’re as smart as door nails.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Beliyal.7085

You know what I don’t understand?

Why the players who feel they’re more skilled than their league rank indicates don’t just team up…

In my experience, people get so frustrated and angry by losses they just don’t have the patience to form groups. It becomes a vicious circle where you lose and lose, get kittened off and just don’t care anymore.

I once tried adding someone and they have already disconnected when we left the match. Yesterday my team had three people who didn’t know what they were doing (one of them didn’t know when and where Tranquility will appear. Seriously. In ranked, they still haven’t learned this) and the two of us who carried the team to victory were so angry at each other that naturally we didn’t want to interact afterwards. It puts a strain on the whole team when two people have to do everything and when we make the slightest mistake, you can only be angry at one another since the other three players are unresponsive. You can’t do anything with the person who doesn’t know the basics of a map, so you get angry at the only player who knows how to play because they didn’t time their cooldown just right to save you from being downed.

But overall, you’re right. The moment you see someone in your team who knows what they are doing, you should team up. If you’re lucky, it will work, but finding 5 people will likely take you another 5 losses. By that time, people will leave.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Unfortunately it’s true. People wouldn’t be here complaining, quitting and venting their anger if the matchmaking system didn’t force you to lose by putting you amongst the losing team and clueless players who’re as smart as door nails.

these “door nails” you are speaking about are actually complaining about the matchmaking system right here alongside with you

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

these “door nails” you are speaking about are actually complaining about the matchmaking system right here alongside with you

Yes yes people only complain because they are bad.
Perhaps you also think Kim Jong Un is a glorious leader and everyone who complained about him or his system only complains because they are lazy and unpatriotic.
“Oh no, we are starving to death.”
“He must be bad at not starving to death.”
LOL.

(edited by Torafugu.1087)

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

If any of them even talk.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

I don’t have a loss streak.
I read about the algorithm, laughed at it. played through amber, and left.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

Perhaps you also think Kim Jong Un is a glorious leader and everyone who complained about him or his system only complains because they are lazy and unpatriotic.
LOL.

The best reponse yet!

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Isn’t complaining about S2 threads… Just another S2 thread?

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

The forums are better then the game for entertainment atm.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

I haven’t trash talked anyone. I am now in ruby on my alt. However, on my main, where I play pvp everyday, I am stuck in emerald tier 2 where I have been since day 1. My “rank up”/ladder exp on my alt was completely different than my “rank up”/ladder exp on my main re: moving/up down the ranks. You obviously haven’t experienced a losing streak and have no idea what the losing streak “unskilled” pvp players are complaining about. Until you do, you might want to think about all of the unsensitivity and harshness out there being expressed against players who have already been kicked really hard by a messed up system that penalizes losing streak players.

I might remind you, you lose as a team. Consequently, your personal mmr is adjusted according to the play motivations and skill levels of each and every one of your teammates you play with on every game. Hence, your personal mmr is based on your overall team composition and many other factors, including your personal skill and the personal skill level of all your teammates.

Many factors were present the 1st day of the season, that are not present today, including pro leagues blasting thru the system and trouncing solo quer’s (who were hardly on a level playing with them, since they couldn’t coordinate or be on ts with their teammates or have gimmicky synchronized op stomp builds) and artificially driving their mmr into the ground that day (before people figured out to stop playing if you lose a few and come back later).

Also, how do you explain that I am now, after 3 days of playing, in ruby with my alt, yet I am stuck in emerald on my main? I have breezed thru the ranks on my dh on my new alt, yet on my meta reaper main I am stuck in emerald. Am I a bad, “unskilled” player, or a good “skilled” player?

Please. You’re just riding the wave of happiness that the system projects will have a 66% win ratio if you catch a winning streak for whatever reason (especially if you do not play a lot and you started the season either new or with an above 50% win/loss ratio, or you did not play the first day, or you have the benefit of reading forums and following the advice to quit playing for a bit if you lose). Wait till you plateau. Then you will catch the losing streak, and then you will be a loser, and your mmr will tank and then you will be an “unskilled player with low mmr” stuck wherever you are (perhaps in diamond, lol, if you are lucky).

Anyway, I think there are many people out there with a significantly different experience than your own, and I do not think they are trashtalking. They are frustrated and upset (especially, if like me, you love strong ranked competition pvp) and are good players being artificially penalized. And the proposed solution of playing unranked is not satisfactory, since it has now become the training playground, where people play out new classes/skills or 1 v 1 each other in a corner of the map. Hardly the same as ranked, and hardly fun.

You may want to think about your own talk here, as it feels pretty harsh to me. I am a player who can see your point of view easily, as I have had the same type of happy experience with the seas 2 system on my alt, but I now firsthand the very real and upsetting losing/stuck experience many players on experiencing on the flip side, and rubbing their noses further by being callous is not helping the situation at all.

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

I haven’t trash talked anyone. I am now in ruby on my alt. However, on my main, where I play pvp everyday, I am stuck in emerald tier 2 where I have been since day 1. My “rank up”/ladder exp on my alt was completely different than my “rank up”/ladder exp on my main re: moving/up down the ranks. You obviously haven’t experienced a losing streak and have no idea what the losing streak “unskilled” pvp players are complaining about. Until you do, you might want to think about all of the unsensitivity and harshness out there being expressed against players who have already been kicked really hard by a messed up system that penalizes losing streak players.

I might remind you, you lose as a team. Consequently, your personal mmr is adjusted according to the play motivations and skill levels of each and every one of your teammates you play with on every game. Hence, your personal mmr is based on your overall team composition and many other factors, including your personal skill and the personal skill level of all your teammates.

Many factors were present the 1st day of the season, that are not present today, including pro leagues blasting thru the system and trouncing solo quer’s (who were hardly on a level playing with them, since they couldn’t coordinate or be on ts with their teammates or have gimmicky synchronized op stomp builds) and artificially driving their mmr into the ground that day (before people figured out to stop playing if you lose a few and come back later).

Also, how do you explain that I am now, after 3 days of playing, in ruby with my alt, yet I am stuck in emerald on my main? I have breezed thru the ranks on my dh on my new alt, yet on my meta reaper main I am stuck in emerald. Am I a bad, “unskilled” player, or a good “skilled” player?

Please. You’re just riding the wave of happiness that the system projects will have a 66% win ratio if you catch a winning streak for whatever reason (especially if you do not play a lot and you started the season either new or with an above 50% win/loss ratio, or you did not play the first day, or you have the benefit of reading forums and following the advice to quit playing for a bit if you lose). Wait till you plateau. Then you will catch the losing streak, and then you will be a loser, and your mmr will tank and then you will be an “unskilled player with low mmr” stuck wherever you are (perhaps in diamond, lol, if you are lucky).

Anyway, I think there are many people out there with a significantly different experience than your own, and I do not think they are trashtalking. They are frustrated and upset (especially, if like me, you love strong ranked competition pvp) and are good players being artificially penalized. And the proposed solution of playing unranked is not satisfactory, since it has now become the training playground, where people play out new classes/skills or 1 v 1 each other in a corner of the map. Hardly the same as ranked, and hardly fun.

You may want to think about your own talk here, as it feels pretty harsh to me. I am a player who can see your point of view easily, as I have had the same type of happy experience with the seas 2 system on my alt, but I now firsthand the very real and upsetting losing/stuck experience many players on experiencing on the flip side, and rubbing their noses further by being callous is not helping the situation at all.

Well said that man… /raises glass

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yes, that’s exactly how the current system works. Your personal performance is secondary to the fact that current matchmaking, by putting together teams of vastly differing mmrs, in many cases decides who will win the match before even that match has started.

Yes, and they have every right to. After all, in this system there’s no chance they are going to ever improve.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

All these S2 threads....

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

LOL.

LOL awesome

And gratz to anyone on the “good” side of the MM algo but if anyone thinks that S2 is truly reflecting the skill of the player is sadly delusional.

We have multiple threads where the same person played ranked on 2 different accounts and got wildly different win/loss streaks. Now unless that player is a schizophrenic, there is obviously something wrong with the system.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "