All this talk about DH lol? Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

How can I avoid something that is invisible?

in PvP

Posted by: ZilPui.9176

ZilPui.9176

Bah, DH is not even that hard to deal with. Just don’t step on a trap, or activate a defensive ability like Infuse Light before you walk through the traps.

in PvP

Posted by: VinnoVinno.9283

VinnoVinno.9283

I created a DH too, jumped into 5 games, thinking i run around mindlessly and get trumped while learning… It can 1v1 most classes with ease and change the tide very fast in grp fights when you just pop in.

If my traps miss + pull doesnt work. I just buy time with shields and heal, then 2nd time always gets them. Even against 3 people, its funny how far you can hold the cap for.

I only used the bow, didnt use the 2nd weapon set as i was still learning the bow, didnt wanna button mash more then i did.

I think put a bigger cd on all skills or less dmg on traps would fix it. Right now, you can just hit the dummy while waiting on a game, after 5 games, you pretty much master it.

Btw, when your bored. Create one and test it yourself.

(edited by VinnoVinno.9283)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I created a DH too, jumped into 5 games, thinking i run around mindlessly and get trumped while learning… It can 1v1 most classes with ease and change the tide very fast in grp fights when you just pop in.

If my traps miss + pull doesnt work. I just buy time with shields and heal, then 2nd time always gets them. Even against 3 people, its funny how far you can hold the cap for.

I only used the bow, didnt use the 2nd weapon set as i was still learning the bow, didnt wanna button mash more then i did.

I think put a bigger cd on all skills or less dmg on traps would fix it. Right now, you can just hit the dummy while waiting on a game, after 5 games, you pretty much master it.

Btw, when your bored. Create one and test it yourself.

DH is great when not focused, when you get focused by 2 ppl you die in 3 sec.
Don’t think next time you are bad at it.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Tons of things are broken right now. What do you expect with an expansion these guys have not exactly proven themselves to be balance experts. They have three weeks to fix the most egregious things. Hopefully they put that time to good use but I have my doubts.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Hmm this kind of thread makes me wonder what is the MMR of those players claiming they are wiping entire teams without any effort.

I haven’t tested Dragonhunter enough in pvp to come to a conclusion, however I’ve fought quite a few. Shouldn’t take more than 1 or 2 matches to realize what’s an efficient strategy against the DH.

Revenant is faceroll against Dragonhunter;

Necro and Reaper should never lose to a DH;

Chrono and gs mantra stun or power mesmer wrecks DH;

Medi guard vs DH: only had one go and won as medi so still can’t form an opinion;

Tempest: can be a 50% rate depending on the build on my experience so far;

Engi shouldn’t have much trouble. I tried with a power build and loss of LoS for the DH was a good factor to avoid the True Shots after had to burn the dodges upon traps activation. The DH tried to keep me in range, away from from him, using the LB but using the terrain at my advantage gave me room to land some cc and grenades to finish the job.

Only time I really see a problem with DH so far is when there are 2 or more of them packed together and, at least, one is a medi trapper.

I do, however think the trap cool down upon activation and duration of traps without activation needs a recheck. Five minutes seems fine for WvW, however for PvP, is way too long. Reduce the amount of time the trap can remain without being activated for the duration -10% of its CD and I think will remove the double trap problem which most have trouble with.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

DH is the only spec I found to be blatantly OP so far. Crazy sustain, burst damage, sustain damage, condi cleanse, crowd control, unblockable. Everything about them is mental.

Crazy sustain? What are you smoking, give me some of that chit

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Smiters boon and monk’s focus + trap heal. When you drop it, you’re guaranteed 4k heal + the 6.5k from triggering it and that’s not counting the remaining 1-2 meditations you might be carrying that proc for another 4k + 4k from the virtue. Not a lot of sustain when compared to actual bunkers, but its what kept zerk guard ticking away when thief killed off every other DPS spec (pre 6/23, naturally). Well, that and the blocks, but it isn’t like you couldn’t spec for similar amounts of damage mitigation on other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

DH is the only spec I found to be blatantly OP so far. Crazy sustain, burst damage, sustain damage, condi cleanse, crowd control, unblockable. Everything about them is mental.

We have a trait were we can select all traits and more stats for each extra trait. that is the trait people is talking about.

People still need to learn that guardian is one of the classes that does more sacrifices(if not the one that does most sacrifices between specs), between being sturdy/support and damage optimization, we gain a bit more defense and loose all damage capability while some classes don’t loose that much of damage.

Also… people are just killing themselves and putting to the situation of dying in DH traps, if it is a DH for sure he as traps, people dont want to care about that they want more spam skill combat that guarantee their winning side.

I am not staying that trap are balanced either, but on combat traps are one my less problem.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

DH is OP , and requires nerfing . heal while blocking damage , great stability , invul to damage + heal , OP condi burn damage , remove condis + heal . Did i mention heals? AW i almost forgot . OP dmg burst with traps that stay there forever killing u in 3 seconds . Yeah lets power DH more , its underpowered

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

Shield of wrath: 36s CD untraited.
Shelter: 30s CD
Renewed focus: 90s CD (72 when traited, which is usually the case).
Virtue/shield of courage: 70s CD. Both apply aegis, latter blocks projectiles for 3s.

What is this about blocking every 10s?

Actually shield of courage blocks all attacks from the front for 5 seconds (not just projectiles, and not just 3 seconds)

And the CD on shield of courage is 75 seconds, not 70. Personally, I don’t think DH in general is OP, it’s only when you have zerker/marauder DH that can completely protect themselves for extended periods of time.. for example:
5s shield of courage +
2s shelter +
2s renewed focus +
5s shield of courage +
= 14 seconds of sustained blocks/invulnerability

Combine that with the strong power coefficients on DH longbow and traps, and really the only DH build that is OP is marauder meditrapper (zerker is too vulnerable to condis imo). So yeah, marauder DH can be really OP, especially with support builds around them that can heal, CC and rez.

However, one thing I will say is that shield of courage AND virtue of courage can be interrupted, you just need unblockable CC (like necro staff 5) against SoC; however, if they are traited for stability on shield, you need to corrupt their stability or remove it before CCing (again with an unblockable attack).

If you’re not running a necro or reaper build, then you might want to run off point for a few seconds or use something to block/reflect projectiles when you see that shield.

For the traps themselves, there are quite a few counters, although the elite trap can be difficult to deal with if it triggers at the wrong time and pulls you in.

Also, I’m surprised people aren’t complaining more about procession of blades, personally. The trap hits hard, add to that fury on trigger and dragons maw or LB 5 to hold you in and someone should spread some butter on you because you will be toast.

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

How can I avoid something that is invisible?

Learn where 90% of DHs put their traps: on the point, usually on the front part or towards the middle.

If you are ranged, try to kill them without stepping on the point and triggering the traps (attacking from middle distance, or 400-600 away, and using reflects). Then, when they are respawning, dodge across the point and then move onto it to cap. If you need to try to cap or contest the point because the other team is close to winning or the point is still being contested, move around to the back corner of the point and step 1 foot onto the outer edge. 90% of time there will not be a trap in that spot.

Now, if you have invulnerability of some sort like most classes do (mist form, elixir S, endure pain, distortion, etc), you can use that to run onto the point and clear the traps right away, and then stay back from him. If he moves towards you or teleports onto you, dodge backwards and kite him. Keep an eye on the DH’s actions at all times, and if he bends over and places a trap, do not step there.

If you are melee, try to use a block or invuln to clear the traps and then keep flanking them in melee (constantly move around to where you are behind the DH, that way they will have a hard time landing their LB 2 or 3 skill). DHs cannot stand up to melee pressure without their traps to save them, trust me. Just be aware that the traps have a cooldown of 20-30 seconds and keep an eye out for when they place them.

Finally, if you see the DH fire a barrage of arrows into the air which are raining down on you, try to interrupt them. If they also have their shield of courage activated, dodge and then quickly keep moving away from the area where you were standing. This is the longbow 5 attack that places a tiny net around you and knocks you down when you try to exit (even if you dodge). If you have decent stability and don’t mind using it for this, then just do that to get out and you won’t even have to dodge or interrupt the attack. If you DO get trapped and don’t have stability DO NOT DODGE as you will just be wasting a dodge; instead either pop invulnerability, use a channeled block or just wait for one of their longbow attacks to knock you out of the net area.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Oh the irony.
You defend the DH’s damage
It’s traps and mechanics.

But then call other classes OP?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Oh the irony.
You defend the DH’s damage
It’s traps and mechanics.

But then call other classes OP?

I understand you are crying because of you thief, but what about herald? It’s fine right?

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

rune of svanir, pce.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Most ppl in pvp are absurdly dumb braindead zombies….so they will run in to anything. So putting a trap down will mean 90% of the players will run in to it with no stunnbreakers or w/e.

The vast majority isnt better than bots or pve mobs.

Just had a game with a thief who acted like a top tier player. Iwas fighting a DH as reaper. Trriggered the traps and waited it out. But no…thief came in to help and walked across the traps untill he died. Even tho i triggered them before allready

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Lol noobs sometimes I swear shouldn’t have an opinion on things. Their lack of awareness and understanding of class mechanics leads go to an abundant amount of QQ.

DH is probably the easiest thing to play against, but it’s quite funny how people cry about a class mechanic. It blocks too much? It heals and cleanses condies? It has burst damage it can actually land? What kind of sorcery is this…….

Lmaooo. When a class can land it’s damage people QQ. Like when mesmers could land their mirror blade shatters easier due to mantra daze. Noobs qq’d.

Anet, do not listen to noobs in unranked especially. Do you see the top teams using multiple DH? Only one or 2 teams use them. Noobs are selfish and only care about themselves and talk about balance? Lol gimme a break

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Lold

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Peacekid.1463

Peacekid.1463

lol warrior berserker shud be the most OP class ATM for the main reason that it SUCKS man so suck… OP= Out of place class lol … ummm do they exist in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

lol 100b warrior

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

DH traps simply needs nerfing together with the passive anti-cc proc trait.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Many other elite specs are strong but only DH is very clearly in the OP region.
The way the spec dishes out CC and damage together is way too easy to pull off. It is hands down the king in teamfight while still be able to 1v1 some bruiser spec. Way over the top.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Many other elite specs are strong but only DH is very clearly in the OP region.
The way the spec dishes out CC and damage together is way too easy to pull off. It is hands down the king in teamfight while still be able to 1v1 some bruiser spec. Way over the top.

Not even close. It gets destroyed in team fight by reapers and revs since their sustain is insane

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

The only reason it’s called OP is the low mmr sees noobs able to place traps and get a bunch of kills because other noobs like to zig zag in and out of traps.

DH is definately strong, I just wish it wasn’t so easy to appear to be mildy good when using DH. Anyone can place traps and get some kills as opposed to scrapper which takes time to learn how regen combos works to maximize your sustain(unless you go condi then just spam them pistols)

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Pyreaux.9351

Pyreaux.9351

DH is frontloaded, is the thing.

With two low-skill players playing with berserker builds, DH will probably win because traps are inherently more dangerous to people who don’t know what to do about them.

DH crumples to more tanky builds due to lack of defensive and escape abilities and isn’t especially difficult for higher-skilled players to deal with.

I don’t have the skill or knowledge to say whether it needs adjustment, but the “broken” aspect melts away once someone who knows how to use dodge shows up.