Allow all Amulet Stats, Runes and Sigils

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

PVP used to be a place to test builds but also to test gear sets. Can we have access to all this runes, sigils and amulet stats in pvp please so we can test out their performance before getting the actual gear. I.E. Celestial amulet, Superior Sigil of Draining.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Amulet

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Draining

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I would love to have celestial back on ele…but i would hate this game if Mesmer and Druid also had again celestial….

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I would love to have celestial back on ele…but i would hate this game if Mesmer and Druid also had again celestial….

Cele Ele ranks as one of the most broken builds in PvP in recent history.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

PVP used to be a place to test builds but also to test gear sets. Can we have access to all this runes, sigils and amulet stats in pvp please so we can test out their performance before getting the actual gear.

If you want that ask for a way to test builds and gear with the PvE training golems. No need to break PvP balance for the ability to test PvE stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

We need much more amulets to keep the pvp scene interesting. Professions are too much pushed into one direction by having so few amulets. Boring and not innovative at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

nobody else would love that though

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

That was because Celestial stats were too powerful. It gave you more overall stats than even a 4 stat amulet. If they just nerf Celestial, I’m very sure Cele Ele wouldn’t be broken again. 560 of every stat with a might stacking build allowed for high power and condition damage while still being tanky. But with, say, 425 of each stat with a might stacking build, Ele’s will be doing a lot less damage and be a lot less tanky overall. Just enough for a good Ele to work, but for good players to still be able to take one down.

To the OP, it sounds like you want a way to test out PvE stats. So propose a location in game where you can select test out builds on different kinds of golems. There would be golems just for DPSing, golems that take damage from something and can be healed, golems that deal damage to a DPS golem so you can practice DPS support builds, etc. There should be a golem for every kind of situation. You could also select any stat for any gear slot, and there would be food and utility slots. Skills would be PvE balanced, so, for example, Lava Font for Ele is 8 seconds instead of 6 seconds in HotM. Basically, this area would be the place to test and practice ANY kind of PvE you want. There could even be champions you could try soloing or bosses simulations for groups, which of course don’t give loot. And best of all, golems and simulation zones would be only for whoever is grouped together, so that other players can’t just jump in and “help” you when you don’t want help. Freaking hate it when players do that in HotM. I’m trying to test some numbers people! Putting 25 vulnerability stacks on the golem isn’t helping me… Neither is attacking the Blue Lord, so stop it!

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

No. To many amulets break the balance of our already toxic meta.

If classes and the game type is redesigned from the ground up I’m sure we could have more diversity and viable amulets. But that’ll never happen.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Yeah bring back Minstrel’s Druid so I can 1v5 for the whole game and nothing can kill me xD

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

We break out of bunker meta few months ago, don’t let us fall in it again, please.
This meta is funny to play because there’s a lot of damage all around (sometimes too much, that’s true) and no one can be immortal, still making some classes/builds able to bunk and support really good.

I would like to go back to the bunker meta (I’m a main necro and in this meta my only work is corrupt and die…) but this one is more balanced and funny, still if a lot of people think different.

use all the stats, amulets and runes would be funny but will also make all the classes totally unbalanced, again, and make us all fall down again in the bunker meta.

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

Wrong – only for amber level players. It had it’s counters so you can’t say it was broken.

On side note even if ONLY ele would have back celestial amulet it wouldn’t be that good in current meta game.

Edit: Ow and yea you don’t remember anything like turret engi right?

Kawaleria (KW)

(edited by Mr Godlike.6098)

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I personally think Cele Scrapper was even worse than Ele. But at the time, I had plenty of experience with ele whereas I had no idea on how to play or counter an engi.

Maybe there could be a PvE testing area in the Guild Halls? There’s plenty of empty space for it. And this way there would be a reason to go to the GH for something other than the nodes or arranged guild stuff.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Wrong – only for amber level players. It had it’s counters so you can’t say it was broken.

LOL yeah right amber players. So last year when 4 Cele Ele + rez bot (I mean thief) won an EU weekly pro tournament it was all against amber players. oookkkkkk.

Must be nice to look at history through warped glasses. It was broken plain and simple.

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

LOL yeah right amber players. So last year when 4 Cele Ele + rez bot (I mean thief) won an EU weekly pro tournament it was all against amber players. oookkkkkk.

Must be nice to look at history through warped glasses. It was broken plain and simple.

Dude – read what you wrote…it was possible in ESL to stack classes back then.

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Doesn’t that prove my point? When ESL teams were allowed to stack classes they chose Cele Ele, FOUR of them? If that’s not the definition of an OP class/build, I dunno what is. My answer was to your comment that you said it was only broken for amber players. I said it was stacked in PRO teams to be used against PRO (not amber) players before the class stacking ban.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

because in regular pvp we cant stack classes /s
honestly if ESL lvl couldnt beat it then it wasnt only amber players.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

The fact that there is a discussion here about whether Cele Ele was OP is already ridiculous. Ofc it was OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

We should have a profession whose viability is not tied to a particular amulet or playstyle to be effective.

Elementalist: Flexibility, jack of all trades, large skillsets. High AoE potential. High skill floor – hard for new players to jump in and high skill ceiling.
Weakness: Recovering from burst damage, but water attunement can help sustain the damage. Versatility is strength but also weakness – higher cooldowns on weapon skills. Inability to deal with booned enemies.
Official design: Versatility through weapon skills – we want to maintain that. Defense against sustained DPS is good and they are very supportive in most roles they assume. Low base HP is an intentional design so we can give them more support. Poor defense against spike damage is also intended so they have to wary about spike damage. Escapeability: too much in the past and helped them against spike damage. Inability against booned enemies is a specific hole in the role since they can AoE from ranged.

The profession is meant to be played with a tanky amulet including healing power to survive, the lack of tanky amulets immediately catapult the profession into an unviable situation.

The whole design of the profession is bad, the elite coming with the next expansion will be just as bad, they will never get rid of this requirement of slotting toughness/healing power in every single build for ele, therefore as a consequence the next elite will be just as awful as tempest.

They will give some OP trait to the next elite ..so that you buy the expansion, the next elite will be just an ele d/d 2.0, you’ll have fun with it…just for few months.

If I’d be you I’d drop ele for something whose main design concept has a better grasp of reality…and not just tied to a “cool” idea

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Celestial should never come back. However, it is crazy they got rid of all the other amulets they did. Its so boring honestly, shuts off so many potential builds.

If they want to ban amulets for their esports (that nobody watches) then go ahead.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Celestial should never come back. However, it is crazy they got rid of all the other amulets they did. Its so boring honestly, shuts off so many potential builds.

If they want to ban amulets for their esports (that nobody watches) then go ahead.

“screw balance i just want to try out new builds”

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Yannir.4132

For the record, Mercenary or Cleric amulets were never OP imo.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaerah.1630

Zaerah.1630

Also remember that pvp team decided to remove some of those to cut back overpowered builds which relied on them as they don’t have control over skills.

in PvP

Yannir.4132

Also remember that pvp team decided to remove some of those to cut back overpowered builds which relied on them as they don’t have control over skills.

True. But things have changed since. Mercenary amulet for example would be exactly what Necromancers need right now. Ofc it would still be a bit OP in the hands of warriors/mesmers but that could be changed. The massive confusion from mesmers is something ANet should be looking into alrdy, and to be fair warrior condi application isn’t OP, but their ridiculous sustain is.

And I honestly believe that nerfing ele healing skills AND removing Cleric Amulet was a communication error on ANet’s part.

All classes lvl 80.