Alt f2p account easier wins than main (MMR)

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I wanted to test the MMR and I made an alt account and got it to diamond t2 on core DPS warrior and thief in about 3-4 nights and on main it took 1+ week just to get past ruby. Alt account has 72% win rate in ranked arenas and main only 52% ( overall ranked) 58% (team Q) so the MMR is higher and gives better teammates.

Dspite playing meta builds on main account and DPS warrior on alt, I can still progress faster on DPS warrior on alt due to higher MMR and getting better teammates.

So I do not think the current league system is as skill based as people think. Because your MMR dosent always determinate your skill. I have average MMR on main and very high on alt due to having more games played and harder to raise MMR from there.

Should the system calculate your recent progress instead of your overall progress to determinate what is your MMR for more balanced games?

I think its why some ppl are stuck where they are even if they could be better than their MMR thinks because you can improve at the game faster than your MMR can raise if you have alot of games. And the opposite is true on new accounts, you can improve your MMR faster than you become better at the game.

What do you guys think ?

(edited by a t s e.9614)

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

screenshots? vid?

in PvP

a t s e.9614

screenshots? vid?

Here is a screnshot of my noob account you can see im diamond and only r34. I lost some games today but thats not really the point. Also edit I cant make videos on a potato computer. Sorry.

Attachments:

(edited by a t s e.9614)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

API key should be enough, but what the OP is describing is proven by the community time and time again. Even the so called legends with their alt accounts catering to legendary thinking they carry the games. Infact its teh MM system that puts them in favor.

People that didn’t do much PvP but play since launch ate the bat this time around.

I was able to flash through amber and emerald, i mean the people in there are plain bad i was able to 3v1 them on thief and that speaks volumes.

But then i hit sapphire and my 60% winrate tanked, big time. I was being matched with first timers against people who were legends in last season and or have rank 80. Now I know neither of those is representation of skill BUT what it shows is that the said person has at least basic understanding of how the game works and is highly unlikely to fight 3v1 at mid.

I was forced into playing premaded to claw out of sapphire and reach last tier of ruby, but then I had to get cheesy comps/builds against us which weren’t fun to fight. E.g. druid + ele + 3 reapers. We had our wins but these guys are just so unfun to play against.

in PvP

a t s e.9614

I dont deny the fact that some people are better at the game. Most legendaries probably deserve legendary but the point is alot of people are are in the wrong divisions since you cant lose tiers before ruby.

Some people should be emerald but they are ruby. Others should be diamond but they are ruby due the MMR thing I just explained.

I think just using your MMR is not accurate level of skill.

They should really make it so you can lose tiers after amber and maybe those that reached legend this season should start at saphire to avoid alot of blowouts at the start of the season

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

You are still overestimating how fast your personal MMR rises or falls at any level of games. Just because you have a 70% win rate on the noob account doesn’t mean it has a higher MMR then an account with thousands of games and a win rate of 55%. It almost certainly does not. It wouldn’t make sense at all for it too. A-net should just make everyones MMR visible so we can be done with this nonsense once and for all.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

not new

this season is way easier to rank up and is funny how dev says it is harder to grind through this season when i can see much more diamonds and legends compare to the last

anet really need to stop looking a overall statistical unless they have a statistic analyst doing that which i highly doubt they have

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

You are still overestimating how fast your personal MMR rises or falls at any level of games. Just because you have a 70% win rate on the noob account doesn’t mean it has a higher MMR then an account with thousands of games and a win rate of 55%. It almost certainly does not. It wouldn’t make sense at all for it too. A-net should just make everyones MMR visible so we can be done with this nonsense once and for all.

The denial is stronk in you.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So people can be branded as “bad” because of there MMR. I don’t care either way, but we have enough player enforced segregation as it is.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

a t s e.9614

You are still overestimating how fast a MMR rises or falls at any level of games. Just because you have a 70% win rate on the noob account doesn’t mean it has a higher MMR then an account with thousands of games and a win rate of 55%. It almost certainly does not. It wouldn’t make sense at all for it too. A-net should just make everyones MMR visible so we can be done with this nonsense once and for all.

How so? I think the fewer games you have the easier it is to raise MMR. How you explain I win on zerker warrior more than on meta try hards builds on main account? The opposite team will always weaker be than mine so despite me playing kitteneless build its still easier to win.

(edited by a t s e.9614)

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

How so? I think the fewer games you have the easier it is to raise MMR. How you explain I win on zerker warrior more than on meta try hards builds on main account? The opposite team will always weaker than mine so despite me playing kitteneless build its still easier to win.

Post the API keys for both accounts and we can help you figure it out. Right now all you did is post a screenshot of Diamond and say “this is warrior it was easy, my main is hard tho”.

You want an analysis without posting any data to analyze? Ok. I think you’re exaggerating.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

This is easily explained.
First of all, you’re playing through lower divisions later in the season than you did on your main account. The lower divisions are easier now because most of the good players are no longer in them.
Second of all, MMR fluctuates massively on a new account, meaning that you’ll get far more MMR gain for a win than you would on your main account.
So combine these two and you’re getting easier wins and higher MMR gains, this higher MMR is then going to give you better matches when you hit the higher divisions and the whole thing snowballs upwards.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

a t s e.9614

First of all, you’re playing through lower divisions later in the season than you did on your main account. The lower divisions are easier now because most of the good players are no longer in them.
Second of all, MMR fluctuates massively on a new account, meaning that you’ll get far more MMR gain for a win than you would on your main account.
So combine these two and you’re getting easier wins and higher MMR gains, this higher MMR is then going to give you better matches when you hit the higher divisions and the whole thing snowballs upwards.

the ‘’good players’’ were already legend after 1-2 weeks so I dont think it matters where they were. The situation would still be the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I doubt Anet is going to admit they screwed up at this point. The main fallacy Anet committed is fail to realize mmr adjustment only works if the matches are even. You can’t adjust someone’s mmr in a match system that is not 50/50 because there are no real objective way to measure a players impact on any given match other than the fact if he won or lost.
In a system where you are been put into even matches then the more you win the better your mmr should be. But when the system makes uneven matches wins and losses become almost meaningless .
For example you can measure any major league baseball team’s performance based on their record from year to year. But if you moved a pro team to AAA they would win almost every game but those wins tell us nothing in terms of just how good that team is compared to last year.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You are still overestimating how fast your personal MMR rises or falls at any level of games. Just because you have a 70% win rate on the noob account doesn’t mean it has a higher MMR then an account with thousands of games and a win rate of 55%.

Actually, it does mean that. MMR on fresh accounts changes much, much faster than on those with thousands of matches. Which is understandable, as the system creates mmr value based on all the matches, and for new accounts a single match will have much greater impact.

You curiously skipped the part where many people on their alt accounts skip well past the point their main account is in. If what you say had any impact, their old accounts would feel it too, and to a greater degree.

this higher MMR is then going to give you better matches when you hit the higher divisions and the whole thing snowballs upwards.

Yes, that snowballing effect is exactly what has been pointed out as a huge flaw in the system.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

if you have several thousands matches played on main and just a hundred on your alt your main will have by far higher mmr as long as it has a win rate above 50%

i dont get how you cant understand that such a huge difference in the number of matches played is vital in determining your MMR but i suppose good job telling to lil criers and whiners of this forum what they want to hear and good job ruining matches of newbies by stomping them with a new account

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I doubt Anet is going to admit they screwed up at this point. The main fallacy Anet committed is fail to realize mmr adjustment only works if the matches are even. You can’t adjust someone’s mmr in a match system that is not 50/50 because there are no real objective way to measure a players impact on any given match other than the fact if he won or lost.
In a system where you are been put into even matches then the more you win the better your mmr should be. But when the system makes uneven matches wins and losses become almost meaningless .
For example you can measure any major league baseball team’s performance based on their record from year to year. But if you moved a pro team to AAA they would win almost every game but those wins tell us nothing in terms of just how good that team is compared to last year.

I agree with what you have said. What you have said seems right. You are also dead on, ANet will not admit they royally screwed up. If anything the way I’ve read Evans posts they are in fact happy with the way it’s working. There special snowflake pro players feel god like, and tell everyone else that they are bad and need to get good regardless if they have a valid point or not.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

You curiously skipped the part where many people on their alt accounts skip well past the point their main account is in. If what you say had any impact, their old accounts would feel it too, and to a greater degree.

Ironically you skipped the part in my post where I explained this…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

4500 games. Just had a match of where I 3 vs 1 their home..2 vs 1 on other nodes..at end of match I asked how many matches everyone had played. The people who did answer replied less than 50 matches.

How did i get this team, and why am I playing this team?

This was the match that made me think time to form an alt account..or just quit this game for good. My matches started out fine, but have now steadily become the worst pvp experience I’ve had in any guild wars game.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My alt isn’t a f2p, its a full HoT account. The last time I played ranked pvp on it was back when the leaderboard was still around. (Long kitten time ago) I played a handful of games on mes (and did really well / got really lucky). I only recently started pvping on it again, its been all unranked (for obvious reasons) until I hopped into ranked over the weekend. Day and night difference between it and my main.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

if you have several thousands matches played on main and just a hundred on your alt your main will have by far higher mmr as long as it has a win rate above 50%

i dont get how you cant understand that such a huge difference in the number of matches played is vital in determining your MMR but i suppose good job telling to lil criers and whiners of this forum what they want to hear and good job ruining matches of newbies by stomping them with a new account

Aww, another one doesn’t know how mmr works, MMR is not connected with amount of games and wins, but whom you win and how much MMR you ll get for your win.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Aww, another one doesn’t know how mmr works, MMR is not connected with amount of games and wins, but whom you win and how much MMR you ll get for your win.

sure, every person who gets rekt in sapphire-ruby tier has the perfect idea how MMR works and legend players are totally clueless about it

in PvP

Raek.8504

sure, every person who gets rekt in sapphire-ruby tier has the perfect idea how MMR works and legend players are totally clueless about it

Wow am in saphire ?

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Wow am in saphire ?

or ruby, thats the general area where grinding mediocrities get stuck before they come to complain on forums

in PvP

Raek.8504

Wow am in saphire ?

or ruby, thats the general area where grinding mediocrities get stuck before they come to complain on forums

Attachments:

in PvP

Raek.8504

On that acc with 60 hours lol

Attachments:

in PvP

Lexander.4579

that just goes to confirm my words about making a new acc with low mmr to stomp through newbies into high rank

in PvP

Raek.8504

that just goes to confirm my words about making a new acc with low mmr to stomp through newbies into high rank

Why ? Aint that skill and system works right ? Or smth ?

So basically you confirm that account with High MMR gets free ticket to haven ? xD Or what ? I won’t even post on my main on this forum it’s fun just to troll wanabe elititsts mongrels in here from alt acc. The power of internet at it’s finest.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

So basically you confirm that account with High MMR gets free ticket to haven ? xD Or what ? I won’t even post on my main on this forum it’s fun just to troll wanabe elititsts mongrels in here from alt acc. The power of internet at it’s finest.

actually i said the exact opposite, you start with low mmr as a new account and that allows you to stomp newbies all the way up in the ranks landing you conveniently high before you can face any serious enemies

also sapphire-ruby confirmed, lol

in PvP

Raek.8504

actually i said the exact opposite, you start with low mmr as a new account and that allows you to stomp newbies all the way up in the ranks landing you conveniently high before you can face any serious enemies

Actually q times are lame for p2 so I don’t even bother with it in MY prime time.

Lmaoed on denial of anet statement that new acc has average MMR.

Caith Frostball leeto are gods for doing it everyone else is a scrub. Good times buddy. Btw about game quality they are better in diamond ruby because ppl there want to win, not to troll with gimmicky builds.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Actually q times are lame for p2 so I don’t even bother with it in MY prime time.

Caith Frostball leeto are gods for doing it everyone else is a scrub. Good times buddy. Btw about game quality they are better in diamond ruby because ppl there want to win, not to troll with gimmicky builds.

so you think that new acc is going to have higher mmr than people like you that are stuck in the average divisions? i strongly doubt that its what they meant by “average MMR”

dont think you have the gut to admit that on your new acc you’ve played matches where enemies had no idea what to do, where to go and whom you could probably beat even 1v2

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

actually, when u guys are talking about MMR details, where you get that “details” from? what is the source? are you just speculating? if you are speculating? why are you so confident it works that way?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

so you think that new acc is going to have higher mmr than people like you that are stuck in the average divisions? i strongly doubt that its what they meant by “average MMR”

dont think you have the gut to admit that on your new acc you’ve played matches where enemies had no idea what to do, where to go and whom you could probably beat even 1v2

The answer to this question is yes. New account start with a high volatile and a better MMR than vet players. So a new player first game can break or make his account… yes new account have higher MMR than vets and can increase theirs by winning. Check this thread for more details:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Legend-Queue-Times/page/4#post6051048

There is another thread can’t in it atm

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Actually no. MMR has a very high volatility at the start when it does not have many games to judge you on yet. It takes hundreds if not thousands of games to stabilize.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

The answer to this question is yes. New account start with a high volatile and a better MMR than vet players. So a new player first game can break or make his account… yes new account have higher MMR than vets and can increase theirs by winning. Check this thread for more details:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Legend-Queue-Times/page/4#post6051048

when i press the link it just takes me to the last post in the thread

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

screenshots? vid?

You do not need any screenshots. Look at the frigging algorithm kitten . It is litterally how it is supposed to work. MMR decide a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Obviously youre a much better player on your f2p acc and a pleb, peasant w/e you want to call it on your main acc. In short l2p, git gut, bb. Nothing to see here /thread

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Raek.8504

Am i stuck? Or p2 is average for week ago? And I need to have guts to admit that I won’t waste my time in 30 40 min que?

And no, the average MMR is a thing when you are not labeled by the system as trash because MMR is no longer the true representation of skill since removal of old school leaderboard.

And I have a guts like Zuko to say the system is flawed. And do not fap on achieving something because my main has high MMR, higher then alt accs.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Am i stuck? Or p2 is average for week ago? And I need to have guts to admit that I won’t waste my time in 30 40 min que?

And no, the average MMR is a thing when you are not labeled by the system as trash because MMR is no longer the true representation of skill since removal of old school leaderboard.

And I have a guts like Zuko to say the system is flawed. And do not fap on achieving something because my main has high MMR, higher then alt accs.

you keep throwing in some names like a silly fanboy and what on the earth p2 is supposed to be

in PvP

Raek.8504

you keep throwing in some names like a silly fanboy and what on the earth p2 is supposed to be

Prestige 2? And you keep throwing git guds like a mediocre troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

when i press the link it just takes me to the last post in the thread

Start on page 3… redjucator. Starr from there

in PvP

Lexander.4579

so what are you trying to prove by getting diamond with alt if you are legendary on main acc? that good players can stomp newbies even better than average players?

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Obviously youre a much better player on your f2p acc and a pleb, peasant w/e you want to call it on your main acc. In short l2p, git gut, bb. Nothing to see here /thread

Wow the salt is real in this one.

in PvP

a t s e.9614

Massive lose streak on main account lol. Now main and alt are pretty much in the same tier…. feelsbadman. I was almost t5 diamond now back to t2. RIP legendary dream.

in PvP

Raek.8504

so what are you trying to prove by getting diamond with alt if you are legendary on main acc? that good players can stomp newbies even better than average players?

I didn’t try to prove anything you claimed I m ruby rofl. The argument was about MMR and wins. I said that MMR is not defined execatly by amount of your wins but more on whom you win. As sniping Gasparov when he is drunk and has a flue will result in higher MMR gain then wining bads x100 times.

You assumed that your are smarter because of yours\who ever else devision standing

(edited by Raek.8504)

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

not new

this season is way easier to rank up and is funny how dev says it is harder to grind through this season when i can see much more diamonds and legends compare to the last

anet really need to stop looking a overall statistical unless they have a statistic analyst doing that which i highly doubt they have

And how do you know theres more diamonds & legendarys than last season? It looks about the same amount to me. Besides that, legendary & diamond players should stop thinking that they are of some special breed, theres many people who are of that skill level. So if you look at top 1000 on old leaderboard, at least 1000 people on both european and american servers should be legendary rank already.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

I didn’t try to prove anything you claimed I m ruby rofl. The argument was about MMR and wins. I said that MMR is not defined execatly by amount of your wins but more on whom you win. As sniping Gasparov when he is drunk and has a flue will result in higher MMR gain then wining bads x100 times.

You assumed that your are smarter because of yours\who ever else devision standing

well i got legendary in under 90 matches just by fooling around so i think i know what im talking about and you can take off that kitten attitude since you still havent even shown that you arent some frustrated sapphire kid who went on to buy HoT on a new account just to take it out on newbies

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

The later you start playing, the easier the games become in lower divisions, because the the majority of better players have moved on. I experienced similar with my alt account, but it has not much to do with MMR. Judging on the “quality” of my team mates, the alt account has a lower MMR, at least at the beginn (as expected, because very little amount of ranked games played before the season), however i had much easier opponents on my alt account than on my main account.

in PvP

Raek.8504

well i got legendary in under 90 matches just by fooling around so i think i know what im talking about and you can take off that kitten attitude since you still havent even shown that you arent some frustrated sapphire kid who went on to buy HoT on a new account just to take it out on newbies

Okay it took you 90 games swashing newbes …And? Can’t see a point you trying to make I bought hot to play on EU which is now better for my prime time. And why should I prove you something when I already proved that you are not smarter. Which goes back to my original statement it’s hilarious to watch you raging, small salty kids do that pretty often when you talk to them about something they have no clue about.

(edited by Raek.8504)

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Okay it took you 90 games swashing newbes …And? Can’t see a point you trying to make I bought hot to play on EU which is now better for my prime time. And why should I prove you something when I already proved that you are not smarter. Which goes back to my original statement it’s hilarious to watch you raging, small salty kids do that pretty often when you talk to them about something they have no clue about.

funny how you keep spamming about some sort of rage or salt coming from me while you are the one doing all the smack talking here apparently taking out your frustration on newbies didnt make you feel any better about your sapphire on main acc