Alternative to Power necro

in PvP

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Hi all, i’m putting out there my build of necromancer, having been fed up of playing many boon heavy specs, went with a necro build specific to take out boons…

Would anyone recommend anything better at boon removal?

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

The standard terrormancer build removes boons well enough. You could switch out the worm for safety to corrupt boon if you wanted to on that build.

If you have the money buy a gaming mouse or alternatively learn keybinds. I’m not a clicker hater by any means. Just your game play suffers from doing that.

(edited by SobeSoul.6910)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You could experiment with a mix of Spectral traits (Curses master major, SR adept major CDR), PoC (XIII Curses) and going for something like 2/6/0/0/6. If you want to build it for Power, of course, because there’s always Condi variation Terrormancer, possibly most common tpvp necro build.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

You could experiment with a mix of Spectral traits (Curses master major, SR adept major CDR), PoC (XIII Curses) and going for something like 2/6/0/0/6. If you want to build it for Power, of course, because there’s always Condi variation Terrormancer, possibly most common tpvp necro build.

Wouldn’t 46004 be wiser for a power based terrormancer type build for spinal shivers?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wouldn’t 46004 be wiser for a power based terrormancer type build for spinal shivers?

I don’t think he’s using the terror for a power build there.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

This is basically what I run. I run cele A/F D/D (weapons are actually REALLY flexible with this build but this has become my favorite mix), signet of vamp (passive healing is vastly underrated when combined with cele, its comparable healing to signet of healing provided you’re under constant attack and its got a super neat active), Well of Power, Spectral Wall, Spectral Armor, Lich.

0/6/2/0/6, picking up one or both spectral traits (alternative in SR is DS CDR, which I prefer now), Path of Corruption, Foot in the Grave, Near to Death. Energy and Doom sigils (Battle is fine too, but after nerf I figured I’d nab a strong condition my build lacks), Travelers runes for mobility and solid all around benefits since you actually get a fair amount of boons (Protection, Stab, Retal, Regen, and anything you pick up in WoP), and still have good access to conditions.

Since you’re not running consume conditons you’ll need to be taking advantage of shrouded removal, d4 and WoP to cover you, it’s generally enough to get you through some condi pressure if you play smart.

Overall it brings a lot to the table, and is all around pretty solid. It’s most lacking in burst damage, even lich form is a little piddly, but you can still 1v1 pretty well against a lot of matchups, and the poison and boon removal can even make some pretty heavy bunkers sweat 1v1 (wish I had more poison though tbh, easily removed). I think it’s a good fit for any team. I like that your boon stripping with it is consistent, and not an all or nothing hit like corrupt boon.

D/F Staff is pretty viable too, but I love axe 3 and 2.

[EG] is recruiting!

(edited by Mega Skeleton.8259)

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

I don’t think he’s using the terror for a power build there.

If you’re going power build for boon strip you may as well go for a terror set up. Spinal Shivers Wells, PoC, Corrupt Boon, and Well of Corruption. Maybe too excessive. But that’s pretty much maximized boon ripping.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Bunker Necro is best

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Mega Skeleton.8259

“too excessive” is an important point. If your build is overkill in 90% of fights, its likely suboptimal. I consider stomp control via Foot in the Grave and extra condi removal via Shrouded Removal substantially more valuable than extra stripping. But sure, there are situations where its difficult to keep an ele clean of boons, but I don’t think those traits are wasted in that fight either.

[EG] is recruiting!

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

If your winning 1v1s as a cele necromancer the level of competition your playing against isn’t very good. I do not recoment anyone try to use any cele build for ranked play. Do your teammates a favor and play a terrormancer or powermancer.

Go ahead and use terror on a powermancer but I think your wasting a trait slot. Also I still think Woc is doodoo. Make it pulse a little faster

in PvP

Mega Skeleton.8259

No need to be so dismissive, but okay, I’ll gladly see you in the Mists then.

Funnily enough my cele build was inspired by your spectral bruiser after playing it a lot.

[EG] is recruiting!

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

No need to be so dismissive, but okay, I’ll gladly see you in the Mists then.

Funnily enough my cele build was inspired by your spectral bruiser after playing it a lot.

yeah I know where you got the idea, cele just doesn’t make good enough usage of what a necro is good at. It’s useful for high might stacking boon heavy builds that have some sort of boon duration (ele,engi, kinda guard, kinda ranger)

I don’t mean it to be dismissive. I’ve experimented alot with alot of different builds and the best cele build I found was actually a 6/6/0/0/2 d/d staff. But that was only decent in hotjoins. Hell I even mess around on a cele signet build just for fun in hotjoin and I can wreck some people but I’m guessing it has more to do with me knowing how to use my class than the build being any good.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Hi all, i’m putting out there my build of necromancer, having been fed up of playing many boon heavy specs, went with a necro build specific to take out boons…

Would anyone recommend anything better at boon removal?

I saw you were using signet of vampirism over consume conditions…. WHY?! People have ran the numbers, it is the worst healing skill available to necromancers…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer