Always pick Capricorn in Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

To help other PvP players get their achievements, everyone should agree to pick only Revenge of the Capricorn in Unranked. If anyone wants to play other maps, they should pick Ranked or Hotjoin. Let’s all think of other people and help each other get these limited time achievements.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Isnt capricorn picked like 90% of the time?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

There are times when players pick a non-Capricorn map. When that happens, it takes players longer to complete the meta. IF we all picked the correct map, everyone benefits. Then when you’ve completed the meta, those players should team with others who still need it, and help them out. Doing this would make the PvP community closer and more family-like.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

how long has it been since they made the achievement for that map? if ur now just starting and most players who wants the achievement already has it. they will choose diff map. also sept 20 new pvp map with new achievement. it will be harder if still havent finish by then.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Temporary achievements + map selection is a bad combo.

No temporary achievements = map selection

Temporary achievements = no map selection

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

It’s a bit late for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Isnt capricorn picked like 90% of the time?

9 players pick Capricon, 1 picks Khylo, and the game rolls…. Khylo

Anecdotal of course, but there’s an uncomfortable amount of times where the game picks the minority option.

They really need to add another checkbox separate from Conquest and Stronghold which would let players queue for Beta maps exclusively.

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s not easy to do the temporary achievements. Not all players pick Capricorn, and when you do get to play it, you can’t win all the time. Plus, not all players have 8 hours a day to queue for Capricorn. And since this is Unranked, there’s really no reason to pick a non-Capricorn map. Players just wanting to play can do one of the many Hotjoin maps, or do Ranked for more serious competition.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m sympathetic. I get pretty tired of the farm parties at Capricorn though. I’ll make an effort to pick Capricorn ( I’ve gotten the achievement already. )

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I completely understand. But I don’t care.

:D

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

It’s not easy to do the temporary achievements. Not all players pick Capricorn, and when you do get to play it, you can’t win all the time. Plus, not all players have 8 hours a day to queue for Capricorn. And since this is Unranked, there’s really no reason to pick a non-Capricorn map. Players just wanting to play can do one of the many Hotjoin maps, or do Ranked for more serious competition.

While I understand what you are saying, I really don’t think having people not being able to pick unranked for that reason is the most reasonable approach. I agree when someone said that there should be a separate queue for this map only due to the temp achieves (that I never knew about nor cared about before now)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

PvE players*?

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I haven’t done Conquest for months, had it unchecked. Ranked or Unranked I’m only interested in Stronghold. Maybe having a third box for Capricorn to check or uncheck would be a nice addition.
What you said about not everyone having 8 hours a day to play though is as good a reason to vote the arena you want to do. You have a little bit of time to play, enough for one match, favourite arena comes up. I’d understand voting it. Or if you don’t like Capricorn. I never liked Legacy of Foefire, if somebody felt the same way about Capricorn I’d understand voting against it.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Your best solution is forming a party of people who for-sure, want to do Capricorn. That will at least guarantee you 5 votes.

To elevate this issue in the future, I suggest you begin limited-time achievements when they are released and everyone is focused on them.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

Or better yet, anet allows a limited time map to be available for daily rooms and put some restrictions on the daily room choices.

Kron [TEST]

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Definitely recommend you start the time limited stuff earlier. In the beginning everyone voted Capricorn. I didn’t even play every day and only maybe 3-5 matches per day on the days I did play and I finished the achievement a few weeks ago.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

How can you not have the achievements for it yet? They are super easy to get. I think I got.mine done in less than a week.

Sorry but I’m fed up with that map, and I’m done with the league as I have what I need for the wings save the gift of fortune, so I’m not going to play ranked with all the rage kids who kick off the second you do something different to what they see as the only way to play.

In short I do what I want and pick what Map I want, if I get a map different to Cap, great. If not, well the team with the most guards normally wins.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I haven’t got the achievement because I went off on holiday, then played ranked. Tonight I’ve literally played vs the same premade 3 times in a row on 3 different maps that aren’t Capricorn. To make things even more fun in two of those game I had 1 or 2 people instantly afk in base with “waste of time”. This kittening game.

(edited by Ubik.8315)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I completely understand. But I don’t care.

:D

i like the cut of your jib

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The achievements are pretty easy. My only critique is that the wins should have been at 15. Players would be able to test the map well enough by the time they got that and would likely finish up the other achievements at the same time. A little different than now where those other achievements are completed fairly early.