Am I the only one who loves this meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Honestly, I don’t know, but I feel like with all the frustrated kittenstorming going on I wanted to see if there are others out there who feel similarly?

Yea I agree, some classes need toning down (holy bunker mesmer, accept my prayers), but I still feel the matches I’ve had since the leagues came have been really fun!

Due to the bunkery nature of the current meta, it really puts more pressure on map awareness aswell as coordination with your other teammates.

I’m currently close to ruby, and I’m having some amazingly tactical games. Comebacks, massive throws, clutch lord-kills/-defs, sneaky decaps and focus kills in teamfights.

I dunno, might be the people I play with, might be the bracket I’m in, might just be me loving it for the sake of finally having something to do.

I just wanted to make this voice heard, see if there’s any others out there.

edit: I’ve played as all kinds of parties pretty evenly (solo/duo/3/4/full premade) and honestly, the best games have been solo/duo :/

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I believe I speak for Warriors and Thieves when I say you might just be.

Also, there’s a bit of tragic irony when referring to this meta as a ‘bunkery’ one. I remember the last time that term was used…

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

I’ve seen some really strong warriors beasting it up as well as thieves absolutely kittening our team/carrying mine. Obviously it sucks that they have a harder time than other classes right now, but such is meta (how long has ranger been super subpar in the pvp meta?)

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

I’ve seen some really strong warriors beasting it up as well as thieves absolutely kittening our team/carrying mine. Obviously it sucks that they have a harder time than other classes right now, but such is meta (how long has ranger been super subpar in the pvp meta?)

Rangers? Since launch pretty much.

in PvP

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Bunker Meta
Condi Meta
Power Creep

Whatever the meta is, ppl are cryin.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

The meta is ok.
The league where you play it competitively, I hate very much.

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

This meta sucks so hard. Too many classes running around that don’t give up anything, but still pump out damage. It’s not a surprise that the “worst” class in the meta is warrior bc they don’t have God-like sustain on top of being a marauder or glass spec.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

A meta where top teams are forced to run two Revs is not a good meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

My personal problems with pvp atm:
1. mindless spamming aoe is too rewarding and is not punishing
2. mindless CC spamming is too rewarding and not punishing
3. too many passives, pvp atm is basically computer playing vs computer
4. TOO MUCH VISUAL CRAP I CAN’T SEE ANYTHING- how the hell are you suppose to ACTIVELY react to something you can’t even see… EVER
5. thieves are garbage in comparison to other classes because of dubious marketing strategies and greed
6. pvp system is just motivating players to quit game

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Prefer all the metas before June 23. Mesmer, ranger and necro could have used a small buff. If they did that, pre June 23 meta would have been perfect.

The CC aoe spamming is ridiculous now. You cant even stomp or rez without blowing our all your CD’s in team fights.

Pvp gameplay has changed as much as pve, where you cant complete stuff now without being part of a huge map zerg led by commanders. PreHoT didn’t used to be that way.

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

The term ‘meta’ is such a toss.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

The bunkerburst meta.. Where everyone is bunker but many still insta die due to unbalanced skills.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

This meta is so good that you can litterally take a Bunker Chronomancer and tank 4 people at once without leaving your spot, or just take a Druid with Bristleback and spam 2 with your Longbow…

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Honestly, I’m having a lot of fun with it. Fights actually drag out a bit longer now, and winning isn’t just about getting the drop on someone but by managing cooldowns better. And because fights tend to last longer, holding points and decapping points in Conquest is all the more important.

I also find it humorous that in some threads you have complaints about rev and dh being way too strong, whereas right next to it you have complaints about temp, chrono, and druid being too tanky.

I feel when more than half the professions of the game are being complained about, things must be all right.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

Bunker Meta
Condi Meta
Power Creep

Whatever the meta is, ppl are cryin.

This is what I’ve seen, there seems to be no consensus on what the problem is, so I think people get angry after playing and losing against builds they can’t easy mode kill anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I am not enjoying the meta. Celestial is like the plague it’s on everything that isnt war or thief. To many classes are too sustainable while pumping out high numbers of hybrid damage. There is no give and take with the majority of builds.

Then there is condi rev….

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Honestly, I’m having a lot of fun with it. Fights actually drag out a bit longer now, and winning isn’t just about getting the drop on someone but by managing cooldowns better. And because fights tend to last longer, holding points and decapping points in Conquest is all the more important.

I also find it humorous that in some threads you have complaints about rev and dh being way too strong, whereas right next to it you have complaints about temp, chrono, and druid being too tanky.

I feel when more than half the professions of the game are being complained about, things must be all right.

Which part of current meta is about magaing CDs better lol? Are we playing the same game? A lot of invuls/blocks/heals are on short CD, AoE/CC is almosr free.

More than half of the professions? More like play 6 ELITES or don’t play at all. Besides major complain is just there is too much AoE, CC and passives. PvP is not enjoyable even if you play one the “meta” builds.

edit: plays engi, gets carried by passives, NVM, you don’t even play the game, computer plays it for you

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

I agree, I’m having a lot of fun (even on thief!). I think it’s the classic issue of people losing half their games, and blaming it on class balance rather than just the way things are (you will always win some and lose some as MMR adjusts to your skill). Losing feels bad, and people want to justify their loss in some way or another.

I don’t really see why complaining about needing elites is so rampant as well, though to me $50 is almost nothing, so “needing to buy the expansion” to be viable seems irrelevant to me. However, I could see this being an issue for the younger players of the game.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

edit: plays engi, gets carried by passives, NVM, you don’t even play the game, computer plays it for you

Yeah, it’s like those water fields just magically drop in front of me and Rocket Charge is always off cooldown. No thought or emphasis gets put into it. I just five-stack Adaptive Armor and 1v5 my way to victory. And I just somehow always happen to have Shock Shield up when two people are hitting me, or Slick Shoes when a revenant drops into his shield.

In fact, why isn’t the meta just 5 scrappers? No thought required. Being able to Incendiary Ammo + Blowtorch people out of stealth and drop them in 3 seconds was so much more skillful. RIP GW2.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

That post complaining about engis being carried by passives is an example about how most of this forum just complains about what happens to beat them today.

Engi is probably the only class right now that is more rewarding the more skill you have with it. Dat water field rotation.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I agree, I’m having a lot of fun (even on thief!). I think it’s the classic issue of people losing half their games, and blaming it on class balance rather than just the way things are (you will always win some and lose some as MMR adjusts to your skill). Losing feels bad, and people want to justify their loss in some way or another.

Ok, explain me, Sherlock, why do i absolutely hate fights i was in even if i win matches?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

Hey guys, remember when being a good engineer just meant chugging your elixirs on cooldown and maintaining 25 might? And then they made Acid Bomb, Elixir Shell, and Super Elixir work with HGH too?

Those were some real skillful times then.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I am enjoying the meta, but I can see how others may not.

Mesmer bunker.
Dragon hunters of all skillranges filling teams.
Not a warrior or thief in sight.
There is no necro or reaper…just chill machines.
Mallyx rev’s by the dozen.

All the matches just blended into each other. I have seen this build before..seen this playstyle before..however using anything outside of it and you realise it has to be that build, and it has to be that playstyle or bust.

It is odd to me that all the light armoured professions bunker the best, The Melee DPS professions do the worst damage, the best team buffer now is favoured for bow and traps, the tradition bow and traps is now the best healer. The former best profession for wells doesn’t use wells anymore and instead another profession does. It is like profession identity doesn’t exist at all anymore.