Am i EU tournament material?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryu Kaisus.1293

Ryu Kaisus.1293

I am an almost exclusive 3 year engineer user (4k hours at least into the class, pve mastery 100, sPVP Rank 80 in Legendary also known as Division 6 and x1 midway) that is in love with PvP (and engineer), who is looking for a Serious and Competitive sPVP Team to take the fights to the ESL, PRO Leagues, and anything else that you can think of.
My English is at least 4/5 in all fronts. I do like to use TS and i do have TS usage experience. I would consider myself as an extremely competitive player all around who is dedicated and addicted to that healthy competitive adrenaline.

Why i made this choice? Simple. After 3 years invested into this game and loving the game as a whole in all game modes (pvp, combat and engineer), I decided that i wanted to take this to the next level and invest that time into something productive with actual impact in my life.

However…i wanted your opinion to see in my recorded video if i am Tournament material.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Enjoy!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Quick Heads up, I wrote a super long reply, but gw2.com kittened up and told me “something went wrong” so I lost it all. This is more of a summary.

Well, looks like you’re on EU, which would be important to mention.

Other than that, how do you think you did in that game? What did you do well, where could you have done better?

Theres always 3 aspects to consider (not in order of importance): the build you are playing (and whether it fulfills the requirements of the role you intend to take in your team), your in-game decision-making and your mechanical skills.

Your build

I cannot really comment, you definitely get plus points for working out your own variation of a build, that synergizes well within itself. Though I have a few personal issues, like I would be pretty uncomfortable with only 1 stunbreak on a 30s cooldown and only 1/4 uptime of stability. So I would prefer at least one of the following changes, if not both:
slickshoes over bulwark and perfectly weighted over adaptive armor, and I would then probably switch to paladins amulet to retain the bruiser-ish playstyle. Then again, it might work without so I’d be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt to see if it keeps up with the requirements for the role you intend to take, which I cannot really seem to make out anyway because of the following second point.

Your in-game decision making

Right at the start you go far, arrive late, and proceed to die pretty quickly 1v2 on the node. This was, in my eyes a pretty You won’t decap the point 1v2 ever, so you should instead have either, retreated and taken the fight mid, or, which I would have done, kite the 1v2 around the point to keep them busy as long as possible. For this you need to know all the unlikely jump spots (mine is especially good for this since you have range and both of them dont). When you respawn,, your team has 2 points, yet you go far again and stay there for the rest of the game. The only reason this really payed off is because your team won both other node-fights at the time, and the enemy team was pretty bad at properly rotating away. This meta is a lot more snowbally, and extending the fight to 3 nodes when you already have 2, especially on a non-stealth-gyro marauder engi is just asking to get snowballed on. Luckily your team did good, but I would have instead watched the respawn and caught them going mid or close.

Your mechanics

I cannot say too much about your mechanics. Every fight you fought was outnumbered in your favor (safe for the first 1v2, which honestly didnt last very long). There is no show of tactical mechanics, it was more of a dps and cc spamfest attributable to the fact you were outnumbering which does not really tell me about your mechanical ability. What I can say, is you never dodged the glint elite, which would be pretty crucial to watch out for since you only have 1 stunbreak and little access to stability.

So overall, difficult to tell, the match was not hard for you, your team did most of the work for you. That happens to everyone, but its a difficult game to judge ability from, because it was not a game in which your ability was really tested. Further to note is that your opponents also arent very good, especially the warrior. The only name I recognize is Goku, who is an okay-ish pvp-player.

Anyways, I could go into way more depth, but I need to study. If you have any other footage, where you actually “carried” your team by good mechanical plays or good in-game decisionmaking, I’d be very happy to take a look and alter some of the conclusions I arrived at.

I guess if you or anyone disagree with what I said, be sure to point it out, I’m not perfect either

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in PvP

Ryu Kaisus.1293

Yup, i am from EU indeed, changed the title just now. Thanks

>“Other than that, how do you think you did in that game? What did you do well, where could you have done better?”

I think i did pretty good in that game, it was an Unranked Match yes, which in its current state is a sub-par place to record the video for everyone, including the tournament players. Ranked matches are still not available yet, but i really wanted a Competitive Team before them and playing Unranked is all i can do for now…
I always aim for Far in Solo Queue and non serious scenarios because if i move there the chances of me going versus 2 are high, and when this happens it carries the game most times. Is it dangerous? Yes it is.

I made sure i was controlling the enemies with combo fields as much as possible:

Dazes Aoe Combos (Thunder Clap-skill 5 + Rocket Charge-skill 3 into Electro-whirl- skill 2 for vulnerability and damage from the lightning combo of skill 5.).
Blinds (Mortar 4 Flash Shell)
Blocks (Shock Shield 4 Hammer + Reflect and Damage 2 in Hammer.
Damage-Skill 4 in elixir gun.
Chill (Endothermic Shell 3) always up.
Healing (Elixir Shell mortar 5 that removes 1 condition and heals for a massive amount in aoe + Super elixir 5 in elixir gun + Healing Mist Tool belt F4

These or some of the things i take into consideration, however writting what i was aiming for is a hard task due to complex chain mechanics.

Mechanics such as:

>I want retaliation as much as possible so i use mortar 4 on the floor to blind him and then leap through it to gain light aura.
>Keep poison uptime at all times on the enemies with skill 2 on mortar and skill 3 on elixir gun (however in this scenerio from my tests i saw my poison uptime was not optimal so i changed a sigil to a Sigil of Doom) because the poison decreases healing by -33%, and in this it allows me to kill tank classes because of their sustain (druids included).
> Mortar skill 5 works with the elixir duration and effectiveness trait.

And so forth

What i learned from the 3 game modes:

In my journey through pve and wvw i learned many things regarding my class that i use in pvp. I theory crafted all day to make my builds for the 3 game modes, and i use many different builds in pve, wvw and spvp that i learned to find most impactful. It was this that made me try everything and every skill (from Cleric support engineer, to Soldier Turret engineer and so forth) to see its synergies. All of this done and played in pvp as well, and yes i challenged myself to find the most impactful build i could scrap for every single day.
I have used every meta build there is for Engineer too.

In wvw i learned Positioning. Yes, positioning, because in those battlegrounds you die if you don’t position well and “control” the enemy aoe spam in front of you from hitting you, or you die.
I learned how to use my aoes wisely at all ranges, where being me an old school Grenade kit main user it helped me greatly. And yes, the mortar is the old grenade kit with full traits!

So yeah, build choices are just my opinion from my journeys! Liked your Feedback Pvt Frosty.
I do watch the Tournaments often too!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

(edited by Ryu Kaisus.1293)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Imo, no your not at the moment. Looks as though your too focused on running through certain rotations and not paying enough attention to what your opponent is doing. Also you could work on rotations but it’s easier to do with a consistent team. (My rotations still suck lol)

I don’t think you are ready for esl, or the pro league.

My advice is find a team or build one for season 2 if you guys have what it takes to climb the ladder you’ll get your shot to play into it.

Full disclaimer I’m not good enough for the pro league either and I know that.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Ryu Kaisus.1293

Imo, no your not at the moment. Looks as though your too focused on running through certain rotations and not paying enough attention to what your opponent is doing. Also you could work on rotations but it’s easier to do with a consistent team. (My rotations still suck lol)

I don’t think you are ready for esl, or the pro league.

My advice is find a team or build one for season 2 if you guys have what it takes to climb the ladder you’ll get your shot to play into it.

Full disclaimer I’m not good enough for the pro league either and I know that.

Rotations? Please check the video. Engineer is about improvising, what i said there was merely some possibilities that could be used.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I did watch the video. My comment was confusing. First part I was talking about weapon rotations. Combos if you will.

2nd part rotations is referring to where to go on the map and when.

But if you think you are ready for pro league esls etc I’m sure some pro team will watch this video and immediately add you.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

you can be in ESL but you will not be winning championship soon.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.
Ill be short as i havent watched video and currently on mobile while sick in bed.

The esl tourny scene has pretty much been the top100 players. Pm any of them or their friends that are willing to test you.
If you dont make it, in my signature is a shameless add for our guild which id say is around top1000 or AG level. Id say its a good middle step into tournys and teams..
Gl

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Ryu Kaisus.1293

Thank you for your feedback. Notes taken

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Make or join a team, if you win games and get into that top spots and can get into ESL, you’re golden. If not, keep at it and learn where your weaknesses are.

I’m just a scrub Ruby player though, feel free to disregard.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

my comments:
you run far – good intentions as you probably though you gonna fight 1v1 and contesting with enemy engi. but you were kite and fail to contest. your mistake was fighting on point rather kite 1v2 as long as posibble or until its 1v1
second try it was 2v2 on far you team stayed longer and lost close. with 3 dead on enemy team . from than it was 2v1 3v2 on far
you killed player off point without let them bleed to buy some time
the enemy team seemed lost and didnt support each other so easy win for you

in PvP

Posted by: vox.9027

vox.9027

I would bluntly say you could compete in Academy Gaming at most, simply on the premise that Scrapper is in an incredibly strong spot now.

There were a lot of sloppy moments where better players would have killed you. I wouldn’t regard a pubstomp as any tournament comparable worth, especially when stacked with necromancers.

in PvP

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Never let your dreams be dreams. Cmon guys, you can participate in AG and ESL even if you were a clicking monkey. You are not gonna be the mvp or win ESL but none of these messages here should stop you from trying to build your circle of friends, guild and work into getting regular duo/trio/5man ques and into AG/ESL. You will only become better by playing against better players, ofc you are ESL material. You show good mentality anyway, making such post.

1. Never if, should of, could of about the previous game/fight. Always talk specifics about the next step. Say what will you do better next time (specifics, not “just dont die/loose”).
Big mental difference: “I shouldnt have engaged on far” “Next time if I see 2 DPS against me, I will disengage early and not feel obligated to stand on point”.

2. Focus on your own gameplay and do not seek excuses from allies/specs. Don’t be the guy who always has questions, why something? why …? why…? But doesn’t expect an answer. Does one asking “why did you go far?” expect you to answer it ? No.
Again, ifshouldofcouldwouldof… NOT “WHY didnt anyone stomp that guy?!” “Next time we need the mesmer distort stomping and everyone else cleave”.

3. Never seek excuses from the specs but obviously know your match ups and respect the enemy, never think you are always the #1 player in the match. Don’t charge in at 25% against some necro/power rev / druid who had great burst opening on you because omgomg he is gonna decap me. Respect, refresh and reengage. . .
4. TRY YOUR HARDEST. Bring you best every kitten time. Don’t be the guy who is messing about, breaths nervous hard, dies and instantly seeks excuses from allies are too bad.

Find a friend who stays calm, tries his hardest everytime and wants to improve. Duo que with him regularily. Get another friend, get some trios going regularily. And that is not too far from having a group for AG. And so on. And never never pretend you should instantly win the tournament, or that if you are a 5-man you should instantly 100% winrate everything. You are just going to loose against a 3 man proleague """""""""PUG"""""""" and rage quit.

[TA]

(edited by Sabull.5670)

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Yo I think you were in 2 of my games yesterday? You were on the other team and it was 2 back to back pretty close matches? What’s your char name?

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in PvP

Ryu Kaisus.1293

Thank you for your feedback! Notes taken

A competitive team that is aiming for Pro League as taken me in! We went for a couple of games 7 of February and they went great! Wish me luck guys ;_;

Yo I think you were in 2 of my games yesterday? You were on the other team and it was 2 back to back pretty close matches? What’s your char name?

Haha that WAS you!
Amazing match indeed Frosty! You guys were good, real good too! And yup, my characters name is somewhat the same as the forum, which is Ryu Kaisus Porto Pt.

See you in the battlefield!

(edited by Ryu Kaisus.1293)

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

bla bla bla bla

i read your message here and amazed of how neat and wise is it.

Then i check acc name and ….. Oh, It’s no wonder, he was “brain” of RG and TA. =)))

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie