Amber Pip Rigging

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Sendra.5709

Sendra.5709

I have often experienced people exploiting the pvp league system by teaming up with lower rank players to lower their MMR. Because of this, if you lose to them (which you likely will, it’s more skilled players trying to get up against lower skilled ones) you end up losing up to three pips, usually two. This is due to them having a lower MMR from their amber buddies and so they are calculated less likely to win by the match making algarithum. But when you lose two pips, they gain two, making them want to do this more and more. And this isn’t simply people “playing with lower ranked friends”, these are people teaming up with players with names insinuating that they are there specifically to help exploit for pips. (I won’t name any due to call-out rules)
While I realize this exploit is being fixed in the next season, I feel that those who have abused this in the current season should have this behavior punished.
Has anyone else come across groups like this?

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I have often experienced people exploiting the pvp league system by teaming up with lower rank players to lower their MMR. Because of this, if you lose to them (which you likely will, it’s more skilled players trying to get up against lower skilled ones) you end up losing up to three pips, usually two. This is due to them having a lower MMR from their amber buddies and so they are calculated less likely to win by the match making algarithum. But when you lose two pips, they gain two, making them want to do this more and more. And this isn’t simply people “playing with lower ranked friends”, these are people teaming up with players with names insinuating that they are there specifically to help exploit for pips. (I won’t name any due to call-out rules)
While I realize this exploit is being fixed in the next season, I feel that those who have abused this in the current season should have this behavior punished.

Yeah they are common and even advertise in map chat.

Anet has no interest in punishing those players (nor players that tanked mmr down on purpose), from what i understood.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Its been a funny league.

I’d use words like tanking, farming and manipulating ahead of words like balanced, entertaining, skillful.

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

they won’t punish players cause they made a mistake… it would be non sens

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Anet really has no clue what they were doing starting this.

Stronghold in ranked was easily there biggest mistake. Having mesmers with the ability to give door breakers invisibility, quickness, and invulnerability. People getting farmed left and right in there.

A broken set up in the PiP system and moving forward for those who are legit emeralds/sapphire/rubys/diamonds/legendarys who que together will get punished. Of course though coming out with a decent MM system for a league season didnt come across as important to them. They still havent made it if someone on your team dc or leaves you dont lose a PiP.

People say it can easily be fixed then were someone on a team just leaves so no one loses a PiP. Crazy idea how about only the people who partied with the dc person loses a PiP so people solo queing are not punished.

Then there is the MMR thing where at the start of the season good players were facing full team premades so even ESL level players were not getting to ruby before grinders.

So much to be frustrated about just so much

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

This has been adressed in last weeks balance patch anouncemend. It will be fixed via making the highest division count for all party members e.g. diamond and amber counts as double diamond starting tomorow I think.

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

they won’t punish players cause they made a mistake… it would be non sens

I’m pretty sure there have been cases where Anet punished players for exploiting dev mistakes before. If I’m not mistaken, a long time ago there was some karma gear salvage bug or something that a fair number of players used to make lots of gold, and some of them were suspended/banned for it.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

This has been adressed in last weeks balance patch anouncemend. It will be fixed via making the highest division count for all party members e.g. diamond and amber counts as double diamond starting tomorow I think.

Correct it has already pbeen ublished that they will fix this at the next patch (most likely tomorrow)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it works both ways anyway.

we tried a 3 man team, 1 game for the night, because, i’m a casual player and she have not had her dinner yet.
ruby scrapper (myself, casual player)
ruby scrapper (friend, hardcore pve wvw pvp player)
emerald tempest (friend, harcore pve wvw pvp but she stopped at emerald due to unstable internet connection, have lags and disconnects often)

we got 2 ruby pugs, a reaper and another scrapper.

after the match ended, 500 – 137, we found out the other team was a full 5 man group, they have 1 diamond tempest, 2 emeralds, 2 rubies.

we were leading 200+ – 0 until the zerg party at far finally ended.

oh btw we got 2 pips for that win.

they have a elementalist (diamond division), a scrapper, a dragon hunter, a ranger.
i can’t remember what is the 5th profession is though.

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Correct it has already pbeen ublished that they will fix this at the next patch (most likely tomorrow)

i dun think so.
probably happen in season 2.

Shopping for Ambers
In addition to the changes above, we’ll also be adjusting the way that parties are scored in our matchmaking algorithm based on the overall division spread of a team’s makeup. It is important to us that anyone can play with their friends regardless of league standing, but in doing so, we also want to ensure that teams aren’t gaining an unfair advantage in match difficulty based on their rosters. An example of this would be two friends: one is in Diamond and the other is in Amber. For Season 2, these two players will still be able to team up and play together, but they’ll be placed into Diamond level matches based on the highest division player in the party. This means that forming a party with players in a higher division than you will always bring you up to their level for matchmaking and prediction, rather than adjust to compensate for party members at lower divisions. This specific change will go into effect in our next scheduled release (prior to the end of season 1).

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

not tomorrow lol it was a topic on season 2 changes so you will see those changes live on season 2 patch

like in february or what

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Correct it has already been published that they will fix this at the next patch (most likely tomorrow)

i dun think so.
probably happen in season 2.

Shopping for Ambers
……… This specific change will go into effect in our next scheduled release (PRIOR to the end of season 1).

see bolded text above.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

Both ANet and the forums know about this. Why are you even bothering to post in the first place? Contribute something new or post in old threads.

And how on Earth do you propose punishing players? How do you distinguish between legendary players playing with their amber friends and those that wish to exploit the system?

These posts bore me to death

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Well Matty i totally agree with what u said but… the probablity a legendary guy has an amber friend is quite low (next to zero honestly)

Legendary players are too elitist for that most of the time … and no problem to do unranked cause if u’r amber still now … it means u don’t do pvp that’ much then u don’t have enough skill to do ranked… and not with legendary especially

But I agree there’s a little chance a legendary has an amber friend… some of those amber friend are juste a legendary who took a free to play account…

BUt I agree still

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

Well Matty i totally agree with what u said but… the probablity a legendary guy has an amber friend is quite low (next to zero honestly)

Legendary players are too elitist for that most of the time … and no problem to do unranked cause if u’r amber still now … it means u don’t do pvp that’ much then u don’t have enough skill to do ranked… and not with legendary especially

But I agree there’s a little chance a legendary has an amber friend… some of those amber friend are juste a legendary who took a free to play account…

BUt I agree still

Even so, you can’t implement punishments across the community if there isn’t a way to identify who is playing to the rules and who is breaking them. It’s essentially a non-policeable crime.

And in any case I disagree. Given the state of the game, there are many high-level players that have left the game before the leagues system was implemented. If they were to return now, they’d be amber and they’d queue with their Legendary/Diamond friends (I’m speaking from experience here)

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Sendra.5709

Sendra.5709

The reason I posted was because when I sent in a support ticket on this issue, I was asked to do a post on the forum so the developers would see that it’s something that’s bothering players.

Both ANet and the forums know about this. Why are you even bothering to post in the first place? Contribute something new or post in old threads.

And how on Earth do you propose punishing players? How do you distinguish between legendary players playing with their amber friends and those that wish to exploit the system?

These posts bore me to death

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

I am legend now and I have to queue with random lower division players so I don’t have to wait forever for a queue pop.

These games aren’t all blowouts, some of them are quite close and I’ve only gained 1 pip for each win.

There might be people that bought an extra hot account and have a skilled friend to play on it, but not all legends do.

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think the system is flawed, but the players are playing by the boundaries set by developers… They could have fixed it months ago, but they didn’t.

I didn’t PIP abuse, but I don’t blame players who did, they were only playing within the fields set by developers. Can’t keep blaming players because of game design.

The PIP abuse has fallen into several categories, the main 2 being: Those who use for PIP gain, and those who use for safety netting against PIP gainers, so they themselves don’t lose 2 from people using the PIP gain system.

Which brings me back to my first 5 words, I think the system is flawed.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

I think the system is flawed, but the players are playing by the boundaries set by developers… They could have fixed it months ago, but they didn’t.

I didn’t PIP abuse, but I don’t blame players who did, they were only playing within the fields set by developers. Can’t keep blaming players because of game design.

The PIP abuse has fallen into several categories, the main 2 being: Those who use for PIP gain, and those who use for safety netting against PIP gainers, so they themselves don’t lose 2 from people using the PIP gain system.

Which brings me back to my first 5 words, I think the system is flawed.

Somewhat true, it is technically developments fault. But you can blame players for abusing it and now we have beginners sitting in diamond so soloing it is impossible this late in leagues.

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Don’t worry about it. No one who knows the game really takes the titles too seriously this season. It is easy to cheese to legendary. Hopefully season 2 will be better.

Amber Pip Rigging

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this been going on since the first week

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend