Amount of Crowd Controls

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Hopefully something will be done about the huge amount of CC available/used at this moment.

Tactic is to permanently shut down an enemy by cc’ing it to death while dps.

The record of CC’s in few seconds were 8 on me, werent even premades.
The other way counts aswel, we can cc a target to death aswel but its just boring and not fair, has nothing to do with pvp tbh.

Diminishing Returns + lowering cc durations is a must, imo (taunt on Rev by swap wep, 4s daze druid + daze on swap, daze per trap on DH etc etc…)

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Expect that in about a year.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The problem is not the amount available.

It’s the uncontrolled output.

Usually, games either have very limited skill sets with very structured values that makes it easy to balance, or additional measures put in place to prevent excessive amounts of stuff.

For example, in a fighting game, ‘air juggles’ break after too many hits in the air, letting the enemy fall regardless of the next attack connecting or not. Without that, it’ll be possible to keep an enemy locked in the air, which would be unfair and boring.

In many action games, specially single player ones, there’s a short invulnerability or immunity to additional CC effects to prevent enemies from playing pinball with your character.

In many online multiplayer games, too many stuns result in stun resistance, and accumulating this resistance may result in breaking the stun. This is used more in games with lots of different skills, where it may not be possible to make sure a build does not have too many stuns.

GW2 does not have a very limited skill set. So mere changes to skills or changes like the one done to stability won’t fix it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

You mean you don’t enjoy double tides of time plus double gravity well on top of inescapable DH traps with 8 second druid dazes as the cherry on top???? Well if that isn’t enough here’s a 3 second taunt because you used a stunbreak that happens to be a CC as well and hit a Rev chilling nearby.

How about disgusting amounts of spammable chill? You don’t find that fun either?

Well ANet thinks they happen to be fun, don’t question their logic.

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Revert stability change. It killed fights in WvW too.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I was at this point too, when I started playing pvp again after xpac pve rampage. I was like: what the kitten was anet thinking?!?!

Then I changed my build to include only one more stability skill, and added access to quickness once in a while, et voila… Im good again.
Also, a huge help was just playing the game and learning all those new shiny cc skills to dodge them.

Those cc traps from DH? Just dont move and you can outwait them, if you get pulled out -> use some form of invuln or dodge at end of pull and use heal.
DH wards? Well, those are tricky, since about 90% of the time, I dont even see them, making escaping them rather tedious. But thats a bug, not so much a balance thing.
Ranger goes Astral Form? -> dodge, since first skill to 99% is the daze or blind. Or play preemptive, cc druid before he can cc you… after all, druid access to stability is rather limited.
Scrapper field? Please, if you cant see that one coming a mile away, you really are bad. It has a HUGE telegraph.
Chill, taunt and fear can be annoying, but then, those are conditions as well as cc, so you get twice as much possibilities to remove them.

I feel like a huge issue with cc is, that a lot of players dont want to play a build that has focus on countering it (be it with own cc or cc breakers or via positioning), but only want to play oldschool dd thief.

Apropos… thief and warrior are the only professions atm that have the right to complain, since making a build suited to counter any current meta is impossible.
Dont get me wrong, thief and warrior can still rock…. just not against good players.

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

I was at this point too, when I started playing pvp again after xpac pve rampage. I was like: what the kitten was anet thinking?!?!

Then I changed my build to include only one more stability skill, and added access to quickness once in a while, et voila… Im good again.
Also, a huge help was just playing the game and learning all those new shiny cc skills to dodge them.

Those cc traps from DH? Just dont move and you can outwait them, if you get pulled out -> use some form of invuln or dodge at end of pull and use heal.
DH wards? Well, those are tricky, since about 90% of the time, I dont even see them, making escaping them rather tedious. But thats a bug, not so much a balance thing.
Ranger goes Astral Form? -> dodge, since first skill to 99% is the daze or blind. Or play preemptive, cc druid before he can cc you… after all, druid access to stability is rather limited.
Scrapper field? Please, if you cant see that one coming a mile away, you really are bad. It has a HUGE telegraph.
Chill, taunt and fear can be annoying, but then, those are conditions as well as cc, so you get twice as much possibilities to remove them.

I feel like a huge issue with cc is, that a lot of players dont want to play a build that has focus on countering it (be it with own cc or cc breakers or via positioning), but only want to play oldschool dd thief.

Apropos… thief and warrior are the only professions atm that have the right to complain, since making a build suited to counter any current meta is impossible.
Dont get me wrong, thief and warrior can still rock…. just not against good players.

trying to educate the OP who has probably been PvP’ing since launch and been in tourney’s, lol

RIP
FeelsBadMan

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

The fact that there are solutions against it doesn’t necessarily makes it a-OK to have CC in such amount without any form of immunity to it…
It’s the exact same problem with condis, they want to push it as a main damage dealer while not taking into account that you can currently apply more conditions then you can remove for most classes… so they hide these flaws behind scandalous amount of stackable boons through insta-lazy-cast skills that gets their CD reduced through Alacrity which has no counter whatsoever…
Sorry CC is just not alright, condition are just not alright, boon application is just not alright
This meta is just not alright… too much thing everywhere… boring… uneventful and WHOLLY FRUSTRATING.
You can say whatever you want, Thief and warrior are not the only ones who have a right to complain
Mesmers are pushed in a bunker meta because there is nothing else viable
Elementalist are pushed in a wannabe bunker that is boring AF because there is nothing else viable
DH have their traps as a main damage, yet without that they are as dangerous as a standing duck against the whole bunkering around happening
Conditions should never deal as much damage as they do
CC should never EVER be allowed to lockdown any player to death
and the general power creep is horrendous
which gave birth to this ludicrous bunker meta where no one or everyone dies…

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

#BringBackOldSchoolSTAB

Amount of Crowd Controls

in PvP

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Don’t change it, I absolutely loooooooove getting into endless daze chains and being thrown around like a pingpong ball.