Amulets by Class

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

What if amulet choices were allocated by class?

PvP team (listening to the community) would essentially be deciding which amulets each class gets to choose from. Could bring back a lot of amulets that weren’t necessarily OP on X class, but were OP on Y class.

yes it is adding limitations. Could potentially fix or kitten up balance even further. Would be interesting none-the-less.

thoughts

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

I actually had the same thought yesterday, I think it could actually work if properly implemented. Some classes can use certain amulets without being op, and this would allow you to remove problematic specs while still allowing build diversity.

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

You’d get alot of amulet envy qq

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Well, that’s a patronizing way to tell what is allowed to play or not with X class.

Alerie Despins

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That wouldn’t be a bad option.

But, hey, confusing to the mythological “new pvp players”.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Apparently that thought crossed many minds. It’s still a band-aid solution, not fixing core issues, but a more fine-grained one. Because we all know the “balance” team won their war against players: All hail Golems!

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Amulets by class would resolves some of the problems but again its a bandaid fix for class balance issues.

Having said that its a better fix than just removing amulets all together since we know some of these amulets are fine for other classes but OP on some classes.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT THAT MAYBE MESMER IS JUST OVERPOWERED RIGHT NOW?!?!

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

It’s a sad state when players are having to make suggestions to bandaid fixes rather than trait and ability suggestions. This isn’t surprising considering what little staff A-Net has devoted to the game.

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

mhmm… I actually think that is by far the better option than simply removing amu’s and creating new imbalanced ones without thinking about it every season.

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

I have some reservations about this idea, but I suppose it could theoretically work so long as every class has at least one amulet for any given playstyle: power, hybrid, condi, support, and one at least somewhat tanky amulet.

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

happy to see some positive responses to this idea.

I don’t really see it as a Band-Aid fix personally. Its a pragmatic fix. ANET says no mode separation, ok its your game ANET do what you will, but we all know REAL balance wont happen until they balance each mode (PvE, WvW, PvP) separately. So in the meas time, maybe this could work.

If anyone is feeling up to making an X class/X amulet list feel free!

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I like this idea!

On one hand elementalist could get celestial amulet back that was designed for them and allowed them to do damage in pvp and use better builds then d/f cleric nonsense.

On the other hand I am afraid that devs couldn’t handle decision what class can use what…Just look with mencenary amulet. Sure they nerfed chrono but also any other class that was ok but not overperforming with it.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I have better suggestions…

1. Improve core professions.

2. Start balancing some combat mechanics and skills separately between pvp modes (wvw and spvp) and pve.

3. Add skills regularly to the game and frequently create elites that bring each profession various roles.

4. Put amulets back in and stop controlling the meta.

5. Let players play what they want and fix whatever players break.

6. Treat profession and combat development as a priority going forward.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I like this idea!

On one hand elementalist could get celestial amulet back that was designed for them and allowed them to do damage in pvp and use better builds then d/f cleric nonsense.

LOL Celestial was removed mainly BECAUSE it was insanely strong on d/d Ele. If they moved to class specific amulets i very much doubt ele would get Cele amulet.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

That wouldn’t be a bad option.

But, hey, confusing to the mythological “new pvp players”.

kek m8 nice banter

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Amulets by Class

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT THAT MAYBE MESMER IS JUST OVERPOWERED RIGHT NOW?!?!

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

mesmer is PERFECTLY fine right now.