Analysis of last patch - engineer POV

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

After my suspension is lifted i can finally go back to voicing my opinion on the most recent patch notes for engineer in the most eloquent way possible.

For this matter i`d like to share this video which explains the issues in depth.

in PvP

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Engi patch notes in a nutshell- 100nades build deleted from game, condi burst build is still awesome,turrets and gadgets are still terrible.
In short, nothing really happened apart from 100nades getting deleted from the game.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in PvP

RaynStargaze.6510

Engi patch notes in a nutshell- 100nades build deleted from game, condi burst build is still awesome,turrets and gadgets are still terrible.
In short, nothing really happened apart from 100nades getting deleted from the game.

true dat…

i also had a solid bunker build – not quite as good as guardian but it still worked
kit refinement skill change to elixir gun removed that build entirely – the timing and all that doesnt even bother me in that case.. i can check the clock for when 20 seconds are over…
but they simply removed the one effect which made elixir gun somewhat useful and replaced it with a terrible terrible terrible terrible immobilize

same thing for flamethrower
pre patch a skillshot power weapon capable of dealing reasonable damage when perfectly CCing or controling enemy movement and getting off skill shots

post patch the damage was simply patched away together with FTs viability – not to mention the same build would now have 1 glorious single condition remove on a 20 second cooldown with the kit refinement change to FT….

it makes me a sad panda

in PvP

Posted by: Infor.9703

Infor.9703

I kinda just stopped playing… I pretty much just played engi, but now it seems like the fun was removed. I guess I could just do SD rifle or p/p condi burst with nades, but<yawn>. The skill required to pull off 100nades was fun to work at. Obviously if you could run up on someone unaware it was a little OP, but most fights you had to net/magnet for position to pull it off. Required a lot more than thief burst or 22222 spam.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Required a lot more than thief burst or 22222 spam.

Ehh, it wasn’t exactly earth shatteringly hard.

Engies, if anything, will gain a lot of ground if the ele is slapped around since at the moment they are basically stuck in the shadows of anything they can do, eles can do better. Still a lot of the traits, skills, and tool belts are crap.

But the more RNG they remove, the better.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I got a super shield skin from SAB and decided to try out my engineer since he was the only one who used a shield out of my 7 characters. It was the first time after the patch that I played him, and i tried out a turret build. It is actually kind of fun to use turrets now that they have been buffed, and i plan on sticking to my engineer for awhile longer because of it.
The popular builds have taken a hit, but it’s not all bad. It just seems like it is because it’s easy to forget the buffs because few people actually use the builds that benefit.
This is why those obscure builds got some buffs and the ever-popular instakill builds and super-bunker builds keep getting nerfs, to promote variability and even out the playing field.
The patch made me stick with my engineer and actually use him in spvp/tpvp to great effectiveness.

just my two cents.

in PvP

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

The popular builds have taken a hit, but it’s not all bad. It just seems like it is because it’s easy to forget the buffs because few people actually use the builds that benefit.
This is why those obscure builds got some buffs and the ever-popular instakill builds and super-bunker builds keep getting nerfs, to promote variability and even out the playing field.

Last patch did the exact opposite. It’s basically HGH conditions or gtfo now.

in PvP

RaynStargaze.6510

It was the first time after the patch that I played him, and i tried out a turret build. It is actually kind of fun to use turrets now that they have been buffed

The patch made me stick with my engineer and actually use him in spvp/tpvp to great effectiveness.

tl;dr – i agree with the poster above me – magic fly has no idea what hes talking about and most likely lives under a rock

Turrets are /fail
Ill exclude net turret here because net turret has always been good in off builds

Just so people know what turrets actually do:
Rifle – 500dmg per shot (+ bleed if overcharged)
Flame – 150dmg per shot + 2s burn
Thumper – 700dmg in an aoe the size of traited bombs
Rocket – 800/900dmg per shot 4s burn (knockdown if overcharged) but has a very long cast animation which can EASILY be walked out (in general Rocket turret will NEVER hit anything unless your opponent is terribad – same thing with thumper actually)

1500 damage if the turret explodes in a VERY small aoe
<b>
Turrets can never crit
Turrets always attack the closest enemy – you can`t target stuff
Turrets dont scale with playerstats (<- this is the MAIN issue more than anything else)
You can spend 30 points in a terrible toughness tree so your turrets deal 15% more damage
Turrets bring no utility to the table with the exception of flame turret which has a built in smoke bomb (but simply picking BOMB KIT instead of flame turret is waaaaay more effective – lower cooldown better skillset in general etc etc) (and net turret – but net turret has always been good not just post patch – it brings good CC, too bad engineer has no decent damage output to back up all the CC he has)</b>

Also Turrets have very bad tool belt skills in general. Surprise shot being the only one that sees some use just to proc static discharge

overall this really

It’s basically HGH conditions or gtfo now.

EDIT: I`m going to add dps values just for giggles first number is non overcharged dps 2nd is overcharged dps

Rifle T: 250/500 + 4sbleed every second
Flame T (assuming a burn damage of 500): 400/none
Thumper T: 233/ 1-time 1000dmg
Rocket (assuming a burn dmg of 500): 750/850 <— this actually sounds good in theory doesnt it? too bad rocket turret never hits anything

(edited by RaynStargaze.6510)

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

why u all say that HGH is the only build ?
u are right that the guy which told that turrets are good has no idea ,but you don’t have
idea too if u say that only build is HGH….
maybe HGH is the only build for fresh engis ….
i got 3 condi ,2 hybrid , and 1 power build that u can play on tourneys,all with good dps
i tried this HGH ,but it is bad build for me ,couse u can’t do anything but putting dmg
no pull ,no knockback ,knockdown,only stun from elite ,and chill from granades (5 from pistol without trait that criple targets is not that good)
u can cure condis but good ele or thief on u and ur dead……
start using flamethrower with granades ,or with bombs
toolkit with bombs or granades
or hybrid with flame ,and pistol shield……
u can create so many good builds on engi , and you whine that engi has only one build …
this 100 nades build was for nooby engis , it was pointless and very easy to counter …just put good ele or thief on 100 nades and he cant do nothing…..

STOP SAYING THAT ENGIS HAVE ONLY ONE BUILD ,ONLY BECOUSE U CAN’T CREATE THEM……

in PvP

RaynStargaze.6510

blahhh

I think i beat you up in tourneys a few times the last couple of days if your ingame nick is the same as your forum nick.

Nice fail build.

herr derr i`m a beautiful and unique snowflake herr derr

On a sidenote i agree that condition without HgH is viable simply because it doesnt sacrifice as much utility.
For power builds the only thing still working is SD and SD has always been bad.
Flamethrower damage is too low to compete with other professions.

(edited by RaynStargaze.6510)

in PvP

dzindzinier.6138

i play with pugs lately so it is posiible , lets go for empty server , than u can say things like that

btw last days i met only one good engi , and he was playing with bombs …..XD

(edited by dzindzinier.6138)

in PvP

RaynStargaze.6510

yayaya same for me – hard to get a full group these days

i`ll hit you up for a 1v1 at some point this weekend until then

in PvP

dzindzinier.6138