Anas Tarcis' Perspective of Warrior Changes.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

If they listen to people with ideas like necro LF should degen out of combat then I think that explains why the pvp in this game has been on life support for years now!

And on greatsword. Greatsword is already OP. Just because all the other weapons warrior gets are even more broken doesn’t mean it is bad. If it was on most other classes it would be a strong weapon with mobility and dps.

He wasn’t being serious, he was just saying that to put the change in perspective. I think if they allow adrenaline to drain immediately once out of combat, then I think they should also cause any skill that increases adrenaline to put/keep you in combat so things like shouts and signet of fury still allow you to pre-build adrenaline. Otherwise we’re nerfing things that are already weak, like killshot Warrior.

I actually really like the Greatsword changes. The weapon really needed to change both for PvP and for PvE, and reducing the damage emphasis of the weapon off of Hundred Blades and moving more of the damage to Arcing Slice was exactly how I would have approached it. Smart move by Anet, in my opinion, and I’ve been a critic of some of their past decisions, but this is a great one. Seems like they are making more and more good decisions in terms of game balance these days (not perfect, but nobody is), so props to them.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Then its gonna be the same cause now if you miss an attack it doesnt proc CI, but f1 longbow always procs CI.

It makes sense to stay that way.
In the future if you miss earthshaker or eviscerate (talking about the stronger warrior builds now), you cannot clean conditions or damage by switching to longbow. If longbow doesn´t proc CI by creating a fire field, then you will have a trait that is useless against good players because you will never triger CI with bursts attacks.

Or they can make longbow F1 require a hit but they will need to speed up a little the warrior bursts.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

If they listen to people with ideas like necro LF should degen out of combat then I think that explains why the pvp in this game has been on life support for years now!

And on greatsword. Greatsword is already OP. Just because all the other weapons warrior gets are even more broken doesn’t mean it is bad. If it was on most other classes it would be a strong weapon with mobility and dps.

He wasn’t being serious, he was just saying that to put the change in perspective. I think if they allow adrenaline to drain immediately once out of combat, then I think they should also cause any skill that increases adrenaline to put/keep you in combat so things like shouts and signet of fury still allow you to pre-build adrenaline. Otherwise we’re nerfing things that are already weak, like killshot Warrior.

I actually really like the Greatsword changes. The weapon really needed to change both for PvP and for PvE, and reducing the damage emphasis of the weapon off of Hundred Blades and moving more of the damage to Arcing Slice was exactly how I would have approached it. Smart move by Anet, in my opinion, and I’ve been a critic of some of their past decisions, but this is a great one. Seems like they are making more and more good decisions in terms of game balance these days (not perfect, but nobody is), so props to them.

So what. Nerf to kill shot warrior? Does that really matter. Most other classes have bad weapon sets. It shouldn’t mean that the overwhelmingly omnipresent profession (the warrior) should not receive much needed nerfs just to stop some gimmick spec being nerfed. Rifle warrior isn’t even that bad. The things which make it bad are its relative strength compared to the OP builds which take no skills whatsoever, of which warrior is the main culprit aong with thief and ele.

Warrior needs significant nerfs and the ones proposed in the balance preview thing are barely adequate. Any toning down of the changes, such as the issue you talk about, would leave another 9 months of this totally broken and skill-less class being a 2-of in the best set ups for even longer. Hasn’t 12 months been enough?

Anet don’t balance this game often. So when they do they need to make significant changes, especially when a class is significantly overpowered. Otherwise 8% shaves every 8 months aren’t really going to do much to keep people playing. It is painful to see people saying they should be careful with any nerfs in such a power creeped game, in which they don’t balance very often at all. Especially when the profession is so overpowered that you can run 3 of them and not been too largely penalised.

It is fear of the unknown. Much like when everyone rallied against the iniative change to thief. That turned out to be an insane buff to thieves and yet we had people on the forums claiming it was the end of thieves. The adrenaline change isn’t going to matter much. It is a minor nerf, which along with other minor nerfs, could help very very slightly. They still have immunities on a huge uptime (during which they can attack you), many weapon sets with big damage which they can toggle between quickly, heavy armour, high health, an uninterruptable heal and huge amounts of stability and vigor.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

GS changes: Nerf 100 blades? I haven’t seen anyone complain about that skill in-game in over a year. It should be kept the same. Instead, ANET should change “rush” to require a target.

Eviscerate: Where is the adjustment on that? It is way to easy to land right now. Reduce the damage.

Endure Pain: This skill should not allow the warrior to contest or capture a point.

(edited by style.6173)

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

I think warrior will be more oriented to skilled play now and it will be harder to play. The balance changes will make you pay for the missing burst and you cannot start a fight with adrenaline (or it seems that way). This way warrior will be even more predictable and weaker to conditions.
I also like the changes to GS. It was a sub-par pvp weapon and with this changes maybe we will have some viable builds with it.
I agree that ANet is making some good balancing. Lets see what it does to other professions.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I think warrior will be more oriented to skilled play now and it will be harder to play. The balance changes will make you pay for the missing burst and you cannot start a fight with adrenaline (or it seems that way). This way warrior will be even more predictable and weaker to conditions.
I also like the changes to GS. It was a sub-par pvp weapon and with this changes maybe we will have some viable builds with it.
I agree that ANet is making some good balancing. Lets see what it does to other professions.

Really? More orientated to skilled play? 1 button = immune to conditions for ages. Same for direct damage. Never have to find time to heal. Line of sight to heal. Count other players cooldowns for heals. Doesn’t seem very skill based

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Really? More orientated to skilled play? 1 button = immune to conditions for ages. Same for direct damage. Never have to find time to heal. Line of sight to heal. Count other players cooldowns for heals. Doesn’t seem very skill based

Yes. Much more skilled play than before. If you cannot see that its your problem.

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

More skilled than passive 3.5s fears. Speaking of which, I’ll be looking forward to see what nerfs are coming to condimancer Necro, seeing as how it’s one of the strongest 1v1 builds in the game at the moment. Nightmare runes and Reaper’s Protection down to 1s fear, I hope?

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

Im just really excited to run my s/a gs build, even if i die to retal everytime i press axe 5. imo axe 5 should be reduced to 10 hits and the damage of every hit should be upped by 50%

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

More skilled than passive 3.5s fears. Speaking of which, I’ll be looking forward to see what nerfs are coming to condimancer Necro, seeing as how it’s one of the strongest 1v1 builds in the game at the moment. Nightmare runes and Reaper’s Protection down to 1s fear, I hope?

Can’t agree more. The passive plays + everything unpredictable makes this game RNG and brainless.

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

I would like 0s but .1s would be fine

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

They should change Combustive Shot to be a targeted projectile! If the projectile hits, the fire field spawns with the target at the center! Hire me plz Anet!

Edit: They should also remove the burn that the field applies and make the projectile apply a flat 4 second burn! Yippee!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

About increasing hundred blades like they increased rappid fire for rangers, how about no previously rappid fire had a cast time of 4.5 seconds. Literally if rangers used auto attack for 4.5 seconds they did more damage than the sum of rappid fire. Which made the previous version a damage loss to use. If you want a speed increase on hundred blades you will need to shave off some auto attack damage to make it so hundred blades would be more balanced on the weapon considering it never was a dps loss to use it over the auto attack, ever.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in PvP

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

If we’re losing LF out of combat can we get Zerker stance, Endure pain, Healing Signet, Adrenal Health, Heavy Armor and decent self boon application to compensate?

That’d be close to a fair trade then since we’d have OTHER FORMS OF DAMAGE MITIGATION.

PS- Play professions besides your own before making asinine comments.

I also wanted to add life force is a hell of a lot harder to build than adrenaline, only a few skills (some only have one skill) on each weapon actually give life force, if warriors are going to call for the same treatment of it as adrenaline, than necro needs the same access to building it as warriors do with adrenaline.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

+1 for necromancer lifeforce decaying out of combat

Do you even have a necro?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

If you take those runes and those traits then you can’t take soul marks.

This means that sure you can 1v1. But you are very weak to focus fire (in team fights) and if things don’t go well for your team initially then you will lack life force basically all the game.

The spec is good when you play on a stacked roster. Then necro is really strong at snowballing. When you don’t play on a team which is likely to dominate almost every game then the spec is just not survivable enough.

In addition, if you are not in a team which wrecks face then you won’t even get to 1v1. And necro is weak in 1v2 because it can’t disengage. All this considered there is no way a necro should be taken to 1v1. It appears strong only when things are going your teams way. Then you feel really strong, but really when things are going your teams way you could put anything in that 5th slot and crush.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

This means that sure you can 1v1. But you are very weak to focus fire (in team fights) and if things don’t go well for your team initially then you will lack life force basically all the game.

The spec is good when you play on a stacked roster. Then necro is really strong at snowballing. When you don’t play on a team which is likely to dominate almost every game then the spec is just not survivable enough.

In addition, if you are not in a team which wrecks face then you won’t even get to 1v1. And necro is weak in 1v2 because it can’t disengage. All this considered there is no way a necro should be taken to 1v1. It appears strong only when things are going your teams way. Then you feel really strong, but really when things are going your teams way you could put anything in that 5th slot and crush.

It’s still useful to have an apex predator 1v1 build on your team as a home point defender. If the necro gets 1v2ed, they can either wurm out and spec walk away, or they can plague the point while someone rotates. If nobody contests home, the necro can push far if plague is up, or they can come into an already engaged mid fight with a positional advantage and pressure the enemy with low cooldowns. In cases like that, it’s less likely that the other team can afford to put enough pressure on the necro since he has full cooldowns and they’ve already used some during the course of the mid fight.

I actually don’t think a stacked roster is needed, just a solid team. There’s really no such thing as a “stacked roster” at top tier anyway, just good players vs other good players. In those cases, I’ve seen a good necro carry pretty hard sometimes, in ways other builds couldn’t.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Why is there so much Necro talk in this thilly thread! This is a thread about Tarcis’s opinion about Warrior changes! Save the Necromancer talks for when they show the Necromancer in 2-4 weeks! Necromancer dagger cleave or riot!

With that said Vee Wee thinks Necromancers are thuper strong! Maybe Vee Wee is biased because Vee Wee plays Engineer and can never ever ever beat a Necromancer! Nerf fear plz!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

On hundred blades. Reduce the cast time and even allow movement but then the damage would have to drop to compensate. Don’t think people would like that.
The adrenalin changes were made to make more skills attractive since as it is heal SIGwas all that was used and arcing slice was never cast. I believe now after a bit of messing around you will see more warriors using different heals and arcing slice actually getting some use as a strong execution skill.
All in the name of diversity my friends.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It’s still useful to have an apex predator 1v1 build on your team as a home point defender. If the necro gets 1v2ed, they can either wurm out and spec walk away, or they can plague the point while someone rotates. If nobody contests home, the necro can push far if plague is up, or they can come into an already engaged mid fight with a positional advantage and pressure the enemy with low cooldowns. In cases like that, it’s less likely that the other team can afford to put enough pressure on the necro since he has full cooldowns and they’ve already used some during the course of the mid fight.

I actually don’t think a stacked roster is needed, just a solid team. There’s really no such thing as a “stacked roster” at top tier anyway, just good players vs other good players. In those cases, I’ve seen a good necro carry pretty hard sometimes, in ways other builds couldn’t.

There is 1 necromancer in the top 8 teams in EU (as confirmed in TOL). If it is so good then it would be played at all. And it isn’t. So your opinion really is countered by the facts. Why do you think something which isn’t good enough to be played is so overpowered? It makes no logical sense.

I am not even arguing necro shouldn’t be nerfed. Everything should be nerfed. Some by more than others. It is just funny to even compare warrior with necro. In the same 8 top EU teams there are run over 10 warriors. 1 necro and 10+ warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Raiyo.1584

Raiyo.1584

So far, I would like to say thanks to the previous PvP Balance Designer “Roy” because 70% of my warrior suggestion came true.

1. Adrenaline should considered a “use” while warrior missing the burst skills.
2. Cleansing Ire shouldn’t proc when warrior missing the burst skills while the adrenaline will be used.
3. Impale is overpowered, should find a way to make “Torment” fit a better position for a real condi damage spec, shouldn’t shine when players using pure power spec.

I would say almost 100% of them came true, I’m looking forward for it. At least we all know that we cannot spend our burst skills anymore due to the reasonable punishment.

Next, I would like to talk about several changes that I’m considering with.
1. Greatsword changes.
– Greatsword, a powerful weapon in PvE, that never shine in PvP after “Quickness” nerf. Should not receive any kind of damage nerf.

As a player that always been playing and trying to create some possibility builds for Greatsword, I would have to say that the only reason now to pick up Greatsword is its mobility. The only reliable damage source from Greatsword is “Whirlwind Attack”, which isn’t that reliable while other skills cannot do any big damage in high tier level PvP. Let me talk about Greatsword from its skills individually. (only from a PvP perspective)

1. Hundred Blade- This skill looks pretty strong from the description, but it’s actually very useless either in team fights, or in 1v1s. If you want to play with Greatsword in PvP, you must build yourself into Pure Berserker Spec in order to pull out its damage value. That means the build diversity for Greatsword is very small. This skills is only “a little bit useful” against people whoever trying to ress someone in downstates. Like I said its just “a little bit useful” because we all know that poison is the only thing that can counter plays the ress/ress utilities.

Conclusion: Hundred Blade shouldn’t receive any kind of nerf. Instead of nerfs, it should receive some loves like dmg increase or cast time decrease like you just did to the Rapid Fire on Ranger’s longbow.

2. Whirlwind Attack- The only skill on Greatsword that is quiet useful in team fights and 1v1s. Like I said in previous paragraph, the only reliable damage on this weapon while its not really reliable sometimes.

Conclusion: Whirlwind Attack should remain the same as now. This skill is reward/risk now and it’s in a good spot.

3. New Arcing Slice- The new version of Arcing Slice looks pretty good. The only unreasonable thing is it’s range is kind of small, it will hardly hit anything unless you are in a zerg or fighting on the point. So far this skill looks pretty awesome, but I cannot give any kind of comment before I actually try it out by myself.

2. Adrenaline Dismiss when players out of combat-
I actually like this change, but this change will impact skill players that always remember to build their adrenaline while they are still in combat. For me as an example, I always try to swap weapon to build my adrenaline while I was trying to rotate from A point to B point, which I believe many warriors don’t do. This change will impact some “smart plays” from players. It will also impact some skills such as “Signet of Fury”, “Healing Surge”. These skills are already not popular, and this changes will make these skills even more useless.

From my perspective, if you are trying to balance classes from this kind of situation, as a sarcasm, I will suggest that you also need to dismiss Necromancer’s Life Force while out of combat.

So far that’s what I have on my note, I really appreciated your reading. Although my grammar sucks, my content is really worth reading from a balance perspective.

Regards.

Anas Tarcis

no the thing about necros is a really bad suggestion to be honest since the adrenaline bar fills way more faster then the DS bar of the necros . If they both had the same speed of filling up the bars then ye i would agree

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Necro and war are completely diffrent classes , adrenaline and lf are completely diffrent mechanics , ppl who say that necro should get similar nerf 1st have no idea about game 2nd are just mad couse some wars getting nerfed so why other class should not be nerfed is similar way

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

“There is 1 necromancer in the top 8 teams in EU (as confirmed in TOL). If it is so good then it would be played at all. And it isn’t. So your opinion really is countered by the facts. Why do you think something which isn’t good enough to be played is so overpowered? It makes no logical sense.
I am not even arguing necro shouldn’t be nerfed. Everything should be nerfed. Some by more than others. It is just funny to even compare warrior with necro. In the same 8 top EU teams there are run over 10 warriors. 1 necro and 10+ warriors.”

- How many of those warriors played with GS?

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The comparison wasn’t “GS was nerfed so Necro should be” it was “adrenaline was nerfed so life force should be”. And I can guarantee all of those warriors used adrenaline.

Seriously though, the OP of this thread themselves specifically stated it was just a sarcastic joke, and now its blown into this big debate. Let it go (cue music).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Thaelias.7432

Thaelias.7432

“Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
They should change Combustive Shot to be a targeted projectile! If the projectile hits, the fire field spawns with the target at the center! Hire me plz Anet!
Edit: They should also remove the burn that the field applies and make the projectile apply a flat 4 second burn! Yippee!
Wahoo! Bye frands!”

Heh, 30 strikes of stored combat equivalent time for a flat single target 4 second burn? That’s pretty funny you made me chuckle Vee Wee.

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Heh, 30 strikes of stored combat equivalent time for a flat single target 4 second burn? That’s pretty funny you made me chuckle Vee Wee.

In how simple and probably good of a change it would be? Could scale up the burn time, but otherwise its a good idea. Actually allows for counterplay to that field/skill. You still would get the field to stack might in and combo through.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

You thilly bear! You’re making it sound like all you get from Combustive Shot will be the 4 second burn! 4 seconds every 7 seconds is more than 50% uptime! Plus you have Fan of Fire! If you hit all 3 that’s 100% burn uptime! That’s just burning! There’s also 3 freakin conditions removed every 7 seconds! A thuper thilly sized fire field to stack 3295329589 might! Plus if it’s a single target attack, it should do some damage on hit!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I don’t see why Warriors cry about anything. I see them getting loved with every change. The class is way too forgiving and way too easy to play. Yes, I have an 80 in every class. So, yes I know what warrior plays like.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

I was happy with the adrenaline changes but upset with the weapon changes.

hammer – untouched
longbow – untouched

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

On hundred blades. Reduce the cast time and even allow movement but then the damage would have to drop to compensate. Don’t think people would like that.
The adrenalin changes were made to make more skills attractive since as it is heal SIGwas all that was used and arcing slice was never cast. I believe now after a bit of messing around you will see more warriors using different heals and arcing slice actually getting some use as a strong execution skill.
All in the name of diversity my friends.

Allowing movement while casting 100b would make me the happiest warrior ever (with a proper animation update evidently), drop its damage by half for all I care . It would be a vast improvement in build diversity as it wouldn’t need so much set up to get that damage on the enemy; it would also be a significant improvement in the fun factor, it’s a relic of the past as it stands… remember when Guardian’s Whirling Wrath was static, how much more fun and flexibility did it get when they allowed movement while casting it? Quite a lot.

I’m not optimistic though, with the rate they change/improve things it wont ever happen.

With that said, the only good condition protection warriors have is Cleansing Ire, it just got extremely counterable, but it’s not a problem with this nerf per say, it’s just the over abundance of blocks, dodges, blinds and evasive skills we have around. Even a top tier player can’t predict most of these, which is saying something.

Honestly, I’m fine with losing adrenaline if a burst skill fails (maybe even not proccing Cleansing Ire is justified), it’s a very significant nerf, but without some compensation, adrenaline decay is overkill (as logical as it may be), Warriors were not (are) that broken, forum complainers are just very vocal, this is s not ""shaving"" at all, as they like to call it.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Agreed.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Vee Wee was comparing the engie to the warrior burn. Engie is well known to have its main source of damage as about a 5 second burn on a 10 second cooldown to only 1 enemy at a time. It wrecks people. Vee Wee was saying that a warrior should do similar reliable burning pressure but in an aoe effect (the largest fire field in the game, might i add) that you can still combo field off of.

It’s actually a pretty reasonable opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

hammer – untouched
longbow – untouched

These are NOT all the changes. All the previews are are just what they say: previews. They are the changes ANet felt would be best for discussion, but some changes that are “no brainers” were not included.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

It’s still strange. With how dominate longbow builds are for warrior right now…. the changes they discuss affect LB the least of any weapon.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

hammer – untouched
longbow – untouched

You can’t really be serious. With the adrenaline changes, they will not be able to spam F1. Blind, evades, blocks will counter earthshakers.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

hammer – untouched
longbow – untouched

You can’t really be serious. With the adrenaline changes, they will not be able to spam F1. Blind, evades, blocks will counter earthshakers.

Yea but the adrenaline change applies to all weapons. This doesn’t allow for more diversity in builds. Decreasing effectiveness of hammer and longbow would. All this change does is make all weapons collectively, slight worse.

In fact, longbow and hammer got the better end of the deal. Longbow will create the field regardless (I think), and earthshaker is still an AoE hit. If anything, axe was the only meta weapon hit hard by this change imo.