Anet-Is this true?

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Is it true that the WvW season chest will give players the perm doyak finisher? Please tell me its not.

This seems like the worst idea in the world. Finisher are the only reward that transfers over to PvE and pretty much the only unique thing, and you’re just giving away? I understand specail WvW finishers. Heck, I would understand the level 10 finisher, but 20? You’re going to instant give away thousands of players the reward for reach level 20 in spvp because they were able to run with a zerg, spam one, or PvE down guards?

I’m sorry but this is a horrific thing and I don’t speak for the pvp community so I’d love to see their opinions on this, but i’m not too happy about it. Finishers are the only thing that showed me how good someone was in WvW. I think titles are useless. When I saw someone with a finisher that wasn’t a rabbit, i had respect for them. Now I’m going to have to look at the doyak and rabbit finisher the same.

I hope you’re going to reveal the new “reward” system with special PvP only rewards.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

It probably only takes about 40 hours of hotjoin zerging to get to r20. Finishing all of the WvW achievements is probably a similar time commitment. I don’t think it’s a huge deal.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It’s nothing like the rank 20 finisher. It’s more like the cow finisher.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

It probably only takes about 40 hours of hotjoin zerging to get to r20. Finishing all of the WvW achievements is probably a similar time commitment. I don’t think it’s a huge deal.

its a huge difference, the skills you learn from getting rank 20 in pvp compared to wvw zerging is huge. + its a pvp finisher why the hell would it be a wvw prize, if they plan on giving away a finisher it should be a special wvw limited edition finisher that people can look back on to show as prove of being part of this season.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

its a huge difference, the skills you learn from getting rank 20 in pvp compared to wvw zerging is huge. + its a pvp finisher why the hell would it be a wvw prize, if they plan on giving away a finisher it should be a special wvw limited edition finisher that people can look back on to show as prove of being part of this season.

You know…they can’t farm sh anymore and they are not able to get finishers going pvp…so here’s the solution..lol

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Gracious.4279

Gracious.4279

this post is hilarious… rank 20 in pvp took me like a month, and the wvw season is 7 weeks. I think they should give wolf finishers.

r54 pvp | Ebay | Female Mind Games

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Give ’em the dragon and be done with it!

Getting mad at this game again, why did I come back?

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

this post is hilarious… rank 20 in pvp took me like a month, and the wvw season is 7 weeks. I think they should give wolf finishers.

if you want pvp finishers you go pvp..and would be even better if they remove rank points from hotjoin at all leaving only glory rewards, so maybe ppl would need to play decently in order to get ranks…like it should be

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

If I got an endless supply of rabbit finishers in WvW I’d most likely WvW again.

Just saying….

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Gracious.4279

if you want pvp finishers you go pvp..and would be even better if they remove rank points from hotjoin at all leaving only glory rewards, so maybe ppl would need to play decently in order to get ranks…like it should be

I got bear rank.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

And i have shark…so what’s your point?

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Gracious.4279

you are being facetious towards all other players who are of lesser rank than you, Ark. How did you get rank 60? bet you did a boat load of Hotjoin.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Seriously Anet give the Dragon Finisher instead that they don’t complain for nothing XD

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

you are being facetious towards all other players who are of lesser rank than you, Ark. How did you get rank 60? bet you did a boat load of Hotjoin.

..along with 3k+ tournaments…and actually going pug alone in tpvp rather than hotjoin, after 60 it’s just too long and i already gave up on going for 70 with those rewards and while waiting for ladder reset i just have fun going pug without waiting for team and stuff, sure you lose a lot but it’s way more relaxed and ladder is too kittened up in order to give a kitten to it. Anyway i don’t care bout ranks…that’s why i answered what’s the point bout writing “I got bear” so? If you got bear i got shark…just answering a stupid statement…and btw when i still went tpvp with active team we had two people with tiger way better than many others with bears…but if someone claims his opinion is valid just because he got a bear he deserves the correct answer..

Back to topic it doesn’t matter how long does it take for something in pvp compared to wvsw…finishers are a pvp reward and are meant for pvp players…and since wvsw players are pve they don’t deserve finishers…at least not something pvp related..many already farmed their finisher at skyhammer just to show off in pve (Where pve ppl don’t even know what they are)…i think it’s enough already..don’t you?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Gracious.4279

it’s just i stupid …and i is just correct..

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Gracious.4279

Ark, I think youre just a little delusional. You should try getting into some WvW ‘skill zerg’…. I know how that sounds, but its actually pretty fun getting a large group of people coordinated, and properly using things like combo fields.

Yes, I understand anyone can walts into WvW and just group up with a bunch of people running the usual gimmicks, but a WvW skill zerg takes more coordination than just 5 people rotating capture points. This is why I could care less if they give finishers to people in WvW… some of them are actually good players! They just decided to go HAM in a different aspect of the game.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Ark, I think youre just a little delusional. You should try getting into some WvW ‘skill zerg’…. I know how that sounds, but its actually pretty fun getting a large group of people coordinated, and properly using things like combo fields.

Yes, I understand anyone can walts into WvW and just group up with a bunch of people running the usual gimmicks, but a WvW skill zerg takes more coordination than just 5 people rotating capture points. This is why I could care less if they give finishers to people in WvW… some of them are actually good players! They just decided to go HAM in a different aspect of the game.

I’m from safarer’s rest and my guild is more likely wvsw than pvp…i got in sometimes and you find yourself running around/hitting doors for hours and you still need to go pve in order to get golds, foods, ascended stuff and kitten…plus going 30vs30 or even more really seems unskilled to me…it’s way easier to play with another 19 ppl around than in tpvp…and don’t forget crazy crit dmg, runes, aoes, buffs and so on…i tried i swear…but i just..hate it, maybe it’s because i’m from gw1 pvp and wvsw is pretty much an abomination for someone used gvg/ha…anyway my opinion…many ppl going wvsw so it must be fun in some way, but i just can’t find it xD

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It’s a golden dolyak from what I understand, distinct from any pvp finisher. Rather than reference rank, the yak simply is a symbol for the lifeblood of wvw: supply. So relax, open a can of your favorite beverage, kick back, and turn that frown upside down.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Deified.7520

I hope you’re right Chopps. On the note why I wasn’t happy about it. Finishers are the only reward that makes pvp unique. No matter how long it took you to complete, it still is a unique reward that carries over to PvE. People have complained that sPvP doesn’t have enough rewards to the PvE universe. Simply offering the already small number of unique rewards to WvW players is a horrible idea speaking for the longeivitiy of spvp and popularity of it. Now I understand that some of you think it is easy to get and doesn’t require a ton of time, but it teaches you a different set of skills and represents a different set of skills. Speaking from a personal standpoint i can run around in a zerg spamming 1 and AoEs, PvE guards and killing doors and then get a PvP finisher. Then you have sPvP where it requires you to fight players none stop in a much more competitive atmosphere (on the personal level).

If it is a golden doyak, ill be ok with this. I just want there to be a difference between the finishers because they represent two completely different accomplishments, game modes, and sets of skills.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

as a wvw player i gotta say it sucks that we are stuck with the rabid finisher as we cannot obtain any finishers through wvw. and a lot of us have over 50k kills, so getting a finisher for a 7 week long tournament where u have to fight pretty much 24/7 if u wanna win then i think its fair we are getting it!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

as a wvw player i gotta say it sucks that we are stuck with the rabid finisher as we cannot obtain any finishers through wvw. and a lot of us have over 50k kills, so getting a finisher for a 7 week long tournament where u have to fight pretty much 24/7 if u wanna win then i think its fair we are getting it!

This !
PvP-ers wanted gold, laurel and convention of glory>gold . Now all these are done , we shouldnt force any1 to come in PvP , not PvP-ers should go in PvE to farm gold :P

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

WvW isn’t even PvP and I don’t understand how you people can actually think it is…. You are hitting doors or walls over 90% of the time. It is a giant mob attacking a keep while another giant mob tries to keep the keep. It is a joke.

It doesn’t take much skill to roll a group of 20 when you have 50+.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

We get a shiney GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE dolyak finisher, so 3 different types to exact…

Far, far better then any finishers you PvP’ers get cause its GOLD (or silver, bronze) and its extra shiney and gleaming…

I will visit PvP to show mine off when I get it, to annoy you some more…lol

Oh yea, I forgot it goes MOO too…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Look bro !
Neither farming glory takes skills !

The rank finishers for WvWvW works :
a) for achiv collectors
b) so you can feel theres something far greater than yourself . Like you belong to a team , or every action you make will help your server !

<<Without the need to make a 5-man PvP team or the drama in it>> !

(Theres a bug , for the signature , or the <<break>> is associated with that ?)

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Deified.7520

This !
PvP-ers wanted gold, laurel and convention of glory>gold . Now all these are done , we shouldnt force any1 to come in PvP , not PvP-ers should go in PvE to farm gold :P

None of these are done. Sure we get laurels, but that nets you what 80s a day if you’re lucky. PvPers don’t get gold, glory is still useless and many players have an over abundance of it. PvErs and WvWers get ascended gear, unique skins obtained through bag drops and exotics (there are quite a lot of named exotics that you still can’t get in PvP). Finishers are the only thing that makes PvP worth doing for players who want rewards in PvE.

Kills mean nothing in WvW, I’m sorry. When I use to zerg farm, I ran with an “organized guild”. We’d stack, stack boons, then run into an enemy zerg while following a commander. I had no idea what i was doing, what was going on, or anything. I was just running through a zerg spamming bombs. Next thing I know i have 10 bags, and over 30 kills. Now this doesn’t represent everyone in WvW, but its a large majority of the population. It is true you can glory farm, but i’ve joined countless servers and only ever seen 1-2 glory farms.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that each game mode has its flaws. However, if we’re looking at which game mode better represents how skilled a player is at the game; I’d choose spvp over WvW any day.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

/rank is disabled in WvW anyway, or did i miss a patch note ?

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Someone using finishers other than basic one? Lol, just lol.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Someone using finishers other than basic one? Lol, just lol.

Back on forums already?

Ranger | Elementalist

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Back on forums already?

So today you are protector of hotjoin grind heroes/skyhammer farmers? May be you even gonna tell me that finisher even remotely related to skill?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

WvW isn’t even PvP and I don’t understand how you people can actually think it is…. You are hitting doors or walls over 90% of the time. It is a giant mob attacking a keep while another giant mob tries to keep the keep. It is a joke.

This

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Rednik.3809

This

Because jumping into the pit or pressing 1 aoe button in 8×8 is surely awesome PvP and require mad skill, totally deserving reward in the form of titles and finishers, right?

25 charracters

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

This

Because jumping into the pit or pressing 1 aoe button in 8×8 is surely awesome PvP and require mad skill, totally deserving reward in the form of titles and finishers, right?

Infact those who went from r10-20 to 50+ farming skyhammer are another problem that aready gives even less value to legit pvp ranks for those who play pvp since start and have thousands of tpvp on their back..and noone is supporting it too..and btw most of those farmers are actually wvsw zergers looking for cool pvp finishers for cheap…and obviously too bad to get them in a legit way..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

finishers? i let them bleed and die.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

finishers? i let them bleed and die.

Unless it’s a ranger xD

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Ye ye, whatever dude. Honestly, alot of the WvW players are better than even some of the top pvpers in this game. Not that they would win a pvp match, but that is just because of things like point control and rotations. So pvpers are better at standing on points but wvw players (the good ones) are better at combat.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Ye ye, whatever dude. Honestly, alot of the WvW players are better than even some of the top pvpers in this game. Not that they would win a pvp match, but that is just because of things like point control and rotations. So pvpers are better at standing on points but wvw players (the good ones) are better at combat.

why? cause they win against my rank < 80 toon in green items or what else drop during the way and prop. hasnt a elite skill during waittime?

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

So pvpers are better at standing on points but wvw players (the good ones) are better at combat.

sPvPers are better at capturing circles and small fights. WvWvWers do small fights, big fights, and controlling a bigger map, not just a circle.

That’s the fact that sPvPers dont want to admit. They just counter your argument “But it’s zergy.” but i give it to them. when its zergy, your personal skill doesn’t shine that much (personal skill may mean dat guy who is twitchier). But with mechanics built in in the game such as combofields and mass skills, that means that the game is built for a team play of more than 5 people.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

So pvpers are better at standing on points but wvw players (the good ones) are better at combat.

sPvPers are better at capturing circles and small fights. WvWvWers do small fights, big fights, and controlling a bigger map, not just a circle.

That’s the fact that sPvPers dont want to admit. They just counter your argument “But it’s zergy.” but i give it to them. when its zergy, your personal skill doesn’t shine that much (personal skill may mean dat guy who is twitchier). But with mechanics built in in the game such as combofields and mass skills, that means that the game is built for a team play of more than 5 people.

sure cause at > 5 u know exactly what combofield is dropped and its so coordinated that no combofields are spamed?! wvw isnt comperative even in smallfights. how often (during waittime for queue) i run with my < 25 toon into some groups where i has no chance. or even its only 1. the lack of skills and stats is enough to loose in the longrun.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

We should also give them PVP skins, I mean might as well we give the PVE achievement masters PVP skins…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

Having to rotate isn’t the reason “alot of the Wvw players” would lose, it’s because they don’t have ascended gear, food, op runes, WvW stat buffs and up-leveled targets. If you look at any Tpvper that roams WvW for the lulz (Ex: OstrichEggs) you will see that the common WvW-only gets spit on by the superior player. A common hotjoin hero could wreck in WvW if they got provided the gear.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

The most logical thing they should have done was make finishers based of your leaderboard ranking. Other than that, it really takes no skill at all to get to rank 20. I have seen some pretty bad rank 50+’s especially with the farming exploit.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It’s a shame you have this perspective. Roaming can be even more fun than structured PvP on good nights. Fighting people in outnumbered situations is fantastic, especially when increasingly random variables push the limits of everyone’s individual skill.

Admittedly, the competition is absolutely worse in world vs. world because most world vs. world players are terrible. But it’s still a lot of fun.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Rednik.3809

most of those farmers are actually wvsw zergers looking for cool pvp finishers for cheap…and obviously too bad to get them in a legit way..

That’s why 99% of finishers i see on wvw is between rabbit and wolf, or basic/gem store ones. True story, bro.

25 charracters

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i dont even get why is this an issue. let them have the dolyak finisher. don’t be greedy, guys.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

erm it is pvp. player vs player. yes in spvp u have less people and different builds, butonly because u think that wvw players are bad pvpers doesent mean its not pvp.and btw u will meet epic players with lots of skill there too not just mindless zerglings.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

erm it is pvp. player vs player. yes in spvp u have less people and different builds, butonly because u think that wvw players are bad pvpers doesent mean its not pvp.and btw u will meet epic players with lots of skill there too not just mindless zerglings.

Since 3 day head start I have come across 2 people with a decent amount of skill in WvW. The rest have been in a zerg. Granted, I can’t say there are many decent Spvpers left either. Most of the great players already jumped ship with the horrible Spvp rewards, modes, and balance.

Again, WvW is 90% hit this door/wall, roll another smaller zerg, place a couple of siege here before the bigger zerg hits you, run away.

Tpvp (actual pvp) is more organized team synergy and thinking. Meshing together to keep others off point and stopping decaps. There is 10000 more times team organization in Tpvp than in WvW.

No, a failmander yelling in chat “Zerg here!!!!” is not team synergy. 50 people pushing skill 1 repeatedly because of lag is not team synergy. Sorry.

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I don’t care about WvW players having finishers, I love roaming in WvW (Only roaming, hate zergs). But I don’t get the comment that WvW players are better in combat than sPvPers. I main ranger and I always thought I was a very skilled one as I barely lost fights roaming in WvW, then I went to a sPvP and got my kitten kicked. I for one believe that (other than the farmers) sPvP players have a much better situational awareness and skill in combat, just from dueling some in servers.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

This

If this is how you picture sPvP, then you by far don’t deserve finishers belonging to sPvP.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of Legends and Generals skillfully beat me in WvWvW…

by running away to find other people to help them. While they were outgearing me in the first place (I still can’t afford food or exotic gear).

XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Anet-Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

I as the king of tyriA aprove the rewards of my kingdom to my brother kingdom. I have a lot of wvw friends let them me. AMEN

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.