• Territory maps
  • 1 PvE map

SWTOR

• Territories
  • Capture Points
  • Capture Points with map hazards
  • Layered Base Defense
  • Huttball

Why do we get the same map with different skins every time? Why do we get maps that are heavy on PvE? Bioware gave us a completely different experience with every map, gave us goals besides ‘hold these three circles.’ Learn from their creativity and get away from the territories maps, you’re trying too hard to be e-sports instead of being fun.

Guild Wars 2

• stun locked all day

SWTOR

• could only be CC’d several times before you became immune for a short duration

This is such a basic addition but is so MASSIVE in how much more fun it adds to the game. In GW2 if you fight on point now days it’s just stun after daze after stun after daze… Completely ruins any sort of ‘brawler’ feel to PvP, and encourages cheese play.

Guild Wars 2

• you stand in a giant circle to cap or hold a point

SWTOR

• you activate and need to finish channeling without being interrupted to capture a point

Again, such a massive change that would be amazing, completely changing the “throw two bunkers on a point an be done with it” meta that we have today. Being able to sneak in a clutch cap in the middle of a fight is exciting, and allows for much more strategy when fighting on a point when compared to the ‘stand in this big circle’ attitude that GW2 has.

edit: Yes I know SWTOR has a massive slew of issues, but when it came to PvP maps they hit the nail on the head.

(edited by No Walking.6349)

Anet, Learn Something from Bioware!

in PvP

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

I do miss huttball. I would love to see that in gw2 would be fun

in PvP

Posted by: samzius.5809

samzius.5809

Hutball was so much fun at launch! but i havnent played SWTOR in years…not since its f2p model

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I don’t understand why there isn’t stun/daze immunity. Other MMOs do this because it is common sense not to allow a players to stun or daze lock another player to the extent that they can’t do a thing before they die. This is just another example of encouraging lazy game play, the same as other game elements like huge radius aoe fields, and per sec interrupt fields like tempest air overload and engie thunderclap.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I agree so much with the Huttball and stunlock resist after awhile (in fact it was my inspiration for suggesting it here before). It will be a stat only players have access to.

I don’t mind some maps with PvE elements I just don’t like how you need to capture points in addition to those since it deflects from the point capture goal. Stronghold is okay. Khylo is my favorite map and I don’t even care for the trebuchet with Legacy of Foefire being second. Temple is too vertical and terribly designed, hardly anyone votes for it and if we do get it when someone votes it everyone curses that person.

in PvP

Posted by: Hatter.8159

Hatter.8159

Lol for real? In SWTOR you have one Stun break with zero immunity after. Getting stun locked to death is super common and one of the most complained about things. SWTOR PvP is truly bad. However the variety of map types is nice, although you would think a Huttball League and more Huttball maps would be logical since it is the most fun thing to pvp.

Also, SWTOR’s version of Capture Points is far superior, I totally agree. Having to channel a capture and then smartly defend/attack that node is way better than forcing people to stand in one tiny area or lose the point. A style of play that obviously lends itself to certain builds much better than other builds and promotes very stupid PvP-styles that don’t incorporate LoS or movement.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Lol for real? In SWTOR you have one Stun break with zero immunity after. Getting stun locked to death is super common and one of the most complained about things.

Google swtor resolve system.
The only time stunlocks where ever a problem was during the hardswitch meta in season 2. Outside of that the only time people died from CC was if they where getting focus fired by 2+ people. Of course if they where getting focus fired by 2+ people they where probably dead anyways.

That said I would not say that anet should learn anything from bioware considering Bioware has spent all of the 4.0 patch cycle making it clear they don’t give a crap about PvP or Raiding and only care about their precious story content.

There is a reason I’m over here and not over there.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Within the context of gaming a good story is one with consistent rules and minimizes gameplay and story segregation and opens up lots of scope for great gameplay. Have an excellent idea gameplay wise that would seem inconsistent storywise? Rewrite some of the lore to accommodate it.

Yes you can grind to level 99 in some RPGs but if you don’t grind and wind up at level 70 through natural gameplay at the last boss that’s your canon powerlevel for that phase for example.

SWTOR had lots of potential and the PvP was fun (except for Ilum which was just exploited) but was poorly optimized and very buggy.

in PvP

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

I do think those are good ideas that Anet should explore. It would refresh things a bit and add some diversity.

The PVP scene doesn’t have to be hardcore extreme, it could certainly have some other components to it that makes it a fun place with some modes that you don’t have to take serious.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

SWtor pvp was garbage hut ball is so gimmicky I would only play it for distraction .

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

swtor had some preeeeetty big problems as well though…. I remember playing PvP on an underpopulated server without cross-server pvp and the dark side heavily dominating the population: since not all modes are light vs dark only, the dark side was able to PvP and farm gear while the light side couldn’t even muster up one team outside of the prime-pvp times. :P

And server-transfers weren’t even possible!

It was a disgrace how long it took for Bioware to fix this issue with server-transfers, i literally wasn’t able to play the game because no Q’s popped for months until sth. was done.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

swtor had some preeeeetty big problems as well though…. I remember playing PvP on an underpopulated server without cross-server pvp and the dark side heavily dominating the population: since not all modes are light vs dark only, the dark side was able to PvP and farm gear while the light side couldn’t even muster up one team outside of the prime-pvp times. :P

It was a disgrace how long it took for Bioware to fix this issue with server-transfers, i literally wasn’t able to play the game because no Q’s popped for months until sth. was done.

To be fair most of those issues where because bioware had zero experience with managing server populations since bioware had never done a mmo before. They cleared a lot of it up by 2.0, and imho 2.10 swtor PvP was the best PvP I’ve ever done. Sadly 3.0 happened and the game went downhill from there.

That said I do wish Anet would take a look at things like Huttball and the resolve system.
Huttball is like a esport waiting to happen, since it has good depth of play, but is also extremely easy for a spectator to follow. (it’s like American football, except you kill the quarterback instead of tackling him)
The resolve system was nice because it provided interesting tactical decisions both on the part of the aggressor and the target, but unlike the stability system it discourages spamming CC constantly.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

To be fair most of those issues where because bioware had zero experience with managing server populations since bioware had never done a mmo before. They cleared a lot of it up by 2.0, and imho 2.10 swtor PvP was the best PvP I’ve ever done. Sadly 3.0 happened and the game went downhill from there.

That said I do wish Anet would take a look at things like Huttball and the resolve system.
Huttball is like a esport waiting to happen, since it has good depth of play, but is also extremely easy for a spectator to follow. (it’s like American football, except you kill the quarterback instead of tackling him)
The resolve system was nice because it provided interesting tactical decisions both on the part of the aggressor and the target, but unlike the stability system it discourages spamming CC constantly.

True, Huttball is one of the greatest PvP modes I’ve ever played; only to be topped by GvG from GW1. ^^’

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Trebuchet, map hazards. Layered base defense, Stronghold. ‘Capture objectives’, temple buffs/Mist Essence.

Try stability to prevent stun locks.

How are you missing this stuff and only seeing ‘territories’

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Lol for real? In SWTOR you have one Stun break with zero immunity after. Getting stun locked to death is super common and one of the most complained about things. SWTOR PvP is truly bad. However the variety of map types is nice, although you would think a Huttball League and more Huttball maps would be logical since it is the most fun thing to pvp.

I would give my left nut for a huttball league.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Oh yes! Huttball, that had be so freaking cool!
ANET PLEASE!

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

I would give my left nut for a huttball league.

Seriously… the lack of creativity in creating territory map after territory map is sad…

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.6089

Chris.6089

haven’t play SWTOR, but sounds more fun than what we have in gw2

(edited by Chris.6089)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

haven’t play SWOT, but sounds more fun than what we have in gw2

It’s not, Bioware took a great thing and progressively ruined in the name of “classic Bioware storytelling”
Huttball is great, no mistake. But the terrible things they have done to PvP along with absolute zero support for any kind of group content has killed that game.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

haven’t play SWOT, but sounds more fun than what we have in gw2

SWTOR has a ton of problems, I wouldn’t recommend playing it. The only thing I’m giving them credit for is their PvP map creation and creativity, which I wish Anet would follow.