Anet Needs A Balance Patch Every Other Week

in PvP

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

The fact that they’re trying to do “esports” without doing this blows my mind.

If you could do LS every other week, you better not have any excuses for not pushing a balance patch every other week. There is no other option here.

Either start doing it, or everybody keeps treating competitive pvp like the joke it is.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Funny how people still think this is an accident, or the balance team’s best attempt at balance

Ever notice how all of the OP stuff is HoT exclusive, and there are many people playing free that might get tempted ,perhaps by an OP class, to shell $50 because they are tired of getting their butt kicked?

This “balance” is deliberate.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Uh, they need to scrap conquest before they balance something around conquest. Dota 2 has like maybe 2 major balance patches a year, its one of the most successful Esports.

Quality over quantity.

in PvP

Linnael.1069

Given that their balance has been in the same state all the way back to LS1, which is a pretty kitten ing observation all by itself, I’m gonna go ahead and hold off on full tinfoil.

Dota 2 also does continuous tweaking and bugfixing every single week. Anet just treats bugs as gameplay elements.

LoL and Hots are on the same kind of schedule. You can’t chooose between quality or quantity if you want to be competitive. You just have to be good enough to do both

(edited by Linnael.1069)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Funny how people still think this is an accident, or the balance team’s best attempt at balance

Ever notice how all of the OP stuff is HoT exclusive, and there are many people playing free that might get tempted ,perhaps by an OP class, to shell $50 because they are tired of getting their butt kicked?

So you are basically calling Colin J a liar. It is certainly one of two things, either that or the balance team has failed. Based on GW2 history, I tend to believe it is a failure on the balance team.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Thing is, if they want to gate content behind HoT, then they should do so for every part of the game that isn’t involved with anything competitive. If they insist on pushing for elites, then make them available to everyone in sPvP.

Honestly, I don’t see tournaments being won by different players until the current top players retire (which they probably won’t because its practically free money for them).

I’ve successfully put GW2 down over two weeks ago and have moved onto learning other games that have proven themselves to be competitive. I honestly recommend quitting to people who no longer enjoy the game. No use enduring punishment when its optional.

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

So you are basically calling Colin J a liar. It is certainly one of two things, either that or the balance team has failed. Based on GW2 history, I tend to believe it is a failure on the balance team.

Ahahahahahahhahahaha. I heard he mains a thief, his build involves deception and trickery.

in PvP

Cam Ron.4170

No, I’m not calling anybody anything. I’m pointing out a reasonable business decision.

Are you calling it a coincidence that 100% of people in the tournaments for money are using elite specializations? They stated that elite specs were not intended to be strong than core specs. If it was most of the elite specs, then sure- but its all of them and it’s not even close. Way too overt to be an innocent balance failure

If you never played this for the first time and started f2p, you would say “wow this is pay to win”. And hey the game play is fun and its $50 for the whole game, way better than most p2w models so why not? I bet they banked.

I have faith they’ll restore order after the holidays, fear not.

(edited by Cam Ron.4170)

in PvP

Cam Ron.4170

No, I’m not calling anybody anything. I’m pointing out a reasonable business decision. I did not mean to imply that there was anything immoral about what they’re doing.

Are you calling it a coincidence that 100% of people in the tournaments for money are using elite specializations? They stated that elite specs were not intended to be strong than core specs. If it was most of the elite specs, then sure- but its all of them and it’s not even close. Way too overt to be an innocent balance failure

If you never played this for the first time and started f2p, you would say “wow this is pay to win”. And hey the game play is fun and its $50 for the whole game, way better than most p2w models so why not? I bet they banked.

I have faith they’ll restore order after the holidays, fear not.

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Need we remind ourselves of the promises made in the ‘manifesto’

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

I think you can only update skill descriptions to a point.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Every two weeks is completely unreasonable. Should they update more frequently than they do? Yeah probably. Every two weeks? Yeah that makes sense for a pro scene….
Seriously though, trying to adapt to a new meta every other week would be insane, even every month can be very difficult. That’s a strategy that favors not good teams but teams that can adapt quickly to cheese.

in PvP

Linnael.1069

Every two weeks is completely unreasonable. Should they update more frequently than they do? Yeah probably. Every two weeks? Yeah that makes sense for a pro scene….
Seriously though, trying to adapt to a new meta every other week would be insane, even every month can be very difficult. That’s a strategy that favors not good teams but teams that can adapt quickly to cheese.

I don’t know what competitive background you’re coming from, but balance patches generally don’t blow up the whole meta or create cheese you’d need to play around.

The fact that you think balance patches must inevitably result in an unbalanced mess afterwards kind of just speaks to how terribly ANet’s screwed things up.