Anet, Please Care

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

League Advancement is a Mess

50% w/l a huge disrespect to experienced soloQ pvpers. Only in this game where you see clueless scurbs queuing for ranked matches and being rewarded at your expense. That’s pretty much the essence of the game’s matchmaking when it goes for 50% w/l – someone has to pay for the inexperienced players’ deficit to achieve a 50% w/l. Game has no reward metrics for experienced pvpers because they are simply used as a pawn to accelerate the progress of noobs.

Current soloQ player base forgetting teamwork is required. Most still prioritize selfish interests like inflating personal score instead of focusing on objectives and helping each other out.

Balance is a mess

I bought expac expecting robust build diversity but instead we get this miserable meta driven by brainless passives, invuln, AoE cc, effortless cleansing, etc that were neatly packaged within the expac upgrade.

Terrible instructions

Game in general is poorly documented and the pvp demo is utterly useless. It doesn’t teach the new player what exactly needs to be done and what the immediate priorities are. It doesn’t reiterate the importance of capture and defense.

Barrier to entry set too low

r20 minimum to queue for ranked matches a joke because if rank points were acquired from hotjoin, you get people that are far worse than a pure noob. What you get are people who have already developed a belief on how the game is played. Most of the time, the beliefs are counter productive to capture mode.

Not the fault of user base

There is no one else to blame but the developers. They set the tone for creating an in game culture. They set the parameters for what we can and cant do. I’m not implying that they are lazy. But I am hinting that they may not care as much as we thought

The small details make the difference between developers that care and to those that do not.. Small details like implementing and never improving the counter intuitive personal score. Small details like adding a bank in hotm over a year and half after release. They fail at the small details and always seem to introduce one gimmick after another.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Game lost its magic.

I usually have a positive outlook but HoT to me is the beginning of the end. People came back to give the company another shot only to feel ripped off.

There is nothing fun about pvp anymore. Be it the meta, long queue time, bad matchmaking. And if you decide to pve or wvw, they ruined those too. There is nothing fun about this game anymore.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

There is nothing fun about this game anymore.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Baer

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Nyktalgia.5401

Nyktalgia.5401

Hate to admit it, but that is true.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Come on buddi the holidays are just around the corner can’t expect them to have the times to make difficult balance changes they are too busy doing secret santa, drinking eggnog, and singing Christmas carols. In February everything will be awesome. You just have to accept 6 long weeks of crap. Don’t be unreasonable buddi.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Forz.1725

Forz.1725

Game lost its magic.

I usually have a positive outlook but HoT to me is the beginning of the end. People came back to give the company another shot only to feel ripped off.

There is nothing fun about pvp anymore. Be it the meta, long queue time, bad matchmaking. And if you decide to pve or wvw, they ruined those too. There is nothing fun about this game anymore.

This right here.

I came back to the game after a long break and was ready to buy HoT. I decided to hold off on buying HoT and instead play for a while to see what the state of the game is at the moment. After playing for a week and watching some pro matches, I’ve decided to drop the game all together.

This game just isn’t fun.

Come on buddi the holidays are just around the corner

This isn’t even close to an acceptable excuse. People are still expected to work right up until their days off, and continue business as usual right when they get back.

Elementalist – Pancake Tragedy

(edited by Forz.1725)

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

I thought upgrading to a faster PC would get me better teammates. What the hell is really going on here?

Always had fun though when Vapour ended up in my pug team and carried.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I would take turret engi or shoutbow meta over this anyday~

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I thought upgrading to a faster PC would get me better teammates.

+1 lmao rofl

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

I thought upgrading to a faster PC would get me better teammates.

And I thought casting quickness on me while traveling to LA would reduce the loading screen time.

What can you do?

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Too much Bunker Wars.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

ArenaNet is fully aware of how serious of a problem they made, if you watched the ESL stream, chat was just bashing ArenaNet for how horrible PvP is right now.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Too much Bunker Wars.

That’s why PvP needs Team Deathmatch since the beginning instead of this hold points. Instead of doing more they removed the only TDM map.

I mean PvP has to do more with builds now than player skill and that says a lot about the wrong turn this game has taken.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

ye the bunkers tanks what ever you call them are op they need to be nerfed alot

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Izanagi.9830

Izanagi.9830

exactly what i toughts…..

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Izanagi.9830

Izanagi.9830

League Advancement is a Mess

50% w/l a huge disrespect to experienced soloQ pvpers. Only in this game where you see clueless scurbs queuing for ranked matches and being rewarded at your expense. That’s pretty much the essence of the game’s matchmaking when it goes for 50% w/l – someone has to pay for the inexperienced players’ deficit to achieve a 50% w/l. Game has no reward metrics for experienced pvpers because they are simply used as a pawn to accelerate the progress of noobs.

Current soloQ player base forgetting teamwork is required. Most still prioritize selfish interests like inflating personal score instead of focusing on objectives and helping each other out.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Vapour.7348

I thought upgrading to a faster PC would get me better teammates. What the hell is really going on here?

Always had fun though when Vapour ended up in my pug team and carried.

Fun times indeed. At times I get nervous when we end up in the same team because you/your mmr/marked bad RNG account somehow attracts the worst teammates imaginable.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

@Vapour – I submitted a support ticket and claimed that I have a higher probability of getting bad teammates in pvp. I asked if they could look into and plus I said my computer is upgraded so therefore this shouldn’t occur.

….they said they’ll get back to me

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: HandsomeGentleman.9576

HandsomeGentleman.9576

Game lost its magic.

This right here.

I came back to the game after a long break and was ready to buy HoT. I decided to hold off on buying HoT and instead play for a while to see what the state of the game is at the moment. After playing for a week and watching some pro matches, I’ve decided to drop the game all together.

This game just isn’t fun.

Come on buddi the holidays are just around the corner

This isn’t even close to an acceptable excuse. People are still expected to work right up until their days off, and continue business as usual right when they get back.

This is what’s been happening for years…years…they keep overpromising and severely underdelivering.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

How to work as a Gw2 PvP developer:

-Remove features
-Remove maps
-Revamp systems over and over, each one worse than the last
-Talk about how you are now taking balance more seriously than before
-Add more effects-per-action with every patch (aka power creep upon power creep)

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Change the PvP game mode and you will see more build diversity and more diverse team comps. PvP… players killing players… is balanced in this game… Conquest is what gives undue value to what would otherwise be useless specs and invalidates an untold number of builds that are good at player killing.

Considering how receptive the community is to new game modes (Courtyard, Capture the Flag, Stronghold) it won’t happen.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Vapour.7348

Guess Im one of the minorities that enjoyed Courtyard

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Eruanga.1892

Eruanga.1892

yeah we gotta admit it, anet pvp team is sux… they bad at balancing the pvp system… the queue def a mess, ppl stuck inside the pillar, near chieftain mob… the system so lame that when we accidentally dc we are already counted as deserter, eventhough we came back and win the match… we lost a pip instead of gaining one… so broken…

why can you do a great job like the pve team did..? the created a good content, unlike the pvp so broken and old…

you suck PVP ANET TEAM unlike the PVE Team who rocks…

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

As much as I’d hate it for the playerbase that loves the core game, mechanics and everything, I really hope this decision to virtually ignore balance for two months at the opening of their ESports push just kills the game. I really do.

Developers need to learn that the actions they take, and more importantly, those that they DON’T take have a real impact on the games they’re developing. ANet will surely lose a lot of players in the short-term due to completely ignoring the playerbase for months, but many will return for another chance when they actually get around to a major balance patch.

Even though I what LoL has become, I always respected Riot for their constant small adjustments to champions to help balance them properly (as of two years ago, no idea if this is still the case with 150 champions to balance). ANet obviously doesn’t share a similar development ideology (nor do most dev teams these days, sadly) and we’re all being punished by it.

It’s pretty bad when even Valve is quicker to respond to massive community outrage over balance/changes, to the point where they completely reverted a major change, than ANet, who is trying to get into the ESport scene. Valve had every reason to ignore it: bigger playerbase allowing for more attrition, already established in ESports, a lot of people who will continue to play in spite of bad changes, yet it took less than a week to change something unpopular. Meanwhile, ANet is staunchly holding out until late January to make any serious adjustments.

Just like WvW Season 1, this foray into Season-based sPvP will ultimately go down as yet another massive flop and massive letdown, which only further reinforces the idea that GW2 will never be a legitimate ESport because the devs just don’t care enough to make it one.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

what i don’t understand is how you can willfully ignore a customer base that is almost unanimously disappointed, angry, disillusioned, etc. I haven’t heard a single good thing about where the game is from anyone, and yet next to nothing is being done.

how about instead of dangling a $200,000 prize pool in front of people and playing make believe esports you invest that money in a balance team that is interested in doing their job more than 4 times a year?

is this just what happens when there’s no threat of people cancelling subscriptions en masse? i feel like the current company policy is “ha you already payed us, too bad”.

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: Eruanga.1892

Eruanga.1892

hahaha B2P this is why i hate it… though gw2 claimed to be the best mmo out there, i believe they will never outperform a P2P based mmo like WoW… It’s been 10 years and WoW still make it fine with subs…

The PVE developers worked hard and look what they’ve created..? DS, Mouth of Mordremoth epic battle…

As for the PVP developers..? A broken PVP system and Ugly map… DUDE STRONGHOLD is PVE, you brought way PVE content too deep for PVP…

Not to mention all the flop in WvWvW…

I’m pretty sure 80% of the players will move to another mmo soon…

Maybe try Skyforge..?

Anet, Please Care

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I, along with many others feel that losing pips when going against premades is anti-rewarding. It creates a breeding ground for exploitation and manipulation. Please care, thank you.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub